Official Far Cry 3 Hype Thread. GS=9.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
10 minute official launch trailer: Link First reviews are in.Great scores so far: Eurogamer 10/10 "For me this is the new apex predator of open-world shooters. Hunt it down as soon as you can."Guardian (UK):10/10Not only is the single-player game huge, but it's backed up with pretty tidy co-operative and multiplayer modes. Far Cry 3 may chart the holiday from hell, but for any fan of open-world shooters, it will feel like the best holiday ever from the drudge of daily life.The Globe and Mail (Toronto): 10/10 "Only the best shooter of the year" This fall season has seen the release of several high-profile first-person shooters in the latest instalments of the Halo and Call of Duty franchises. Both are likely to break sales records, but neither is a good indicator of where the FPS genre as a whole is heading.EGM 10/10"Considering the industrys current obsession with terrorists, aliens, and zombies, it was a ballsy move to focus on something so simple, but Far Cry 3s dark trip into the vacation from hell hits the nail on the head, delivering on some of the most impactful moments in gaming history with all the gall and grace of a feature film."CVG:9.4/10"Stunning shooter could be the year's best game"IGN review: 9/10Official PS: 9/10OXM UK: 9/10Game Informer:9/10Nowgamer 9/10 reviewKotaku: YesPCGamer: 8.9/10Gamesradar: 4.5/5 "  Game info Genre: First Person Shooter Publisher: Ubisoft Developers: Ubisoft Montreal (SP), Ubisoft Massive (MP) Release: Nov 29 (EU, Australia); Nov 30 (UK); Dec 4 (N.A) Platform: PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. Beyond the reach of civilization lies a lawless island ruled by violence. This is where you find yourself stranded, caught in a bloody conflict between psychotic warlords and indigenous rebels. Struggling to survive, your only hope of escape is through the muzzle of a gun. Discover the islands dark secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to your advantage; and outwit its cast of ruthless, deranged inhabitants. Beware the beauty and mystery of this island of insanity Youll need more than luck to escape alive. Key Features (from Ubisoft website) AN OPEN WORLD FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER. PLAY IT YOUR WAY Create your own FPS adventure. Customize your weapons, your skills and your approach to each mission, whether you favor intense run-and-gun action, stealthy close-up takedowns or long-range sniping. 39 DIFFERENT WEAPONS Each weapon is customizable with hendreds of devastating mods. Equip an arsenal of rifles, pistols and machine guns, all modeled after their real-life counterparts to give an ultra-realistic feel of weight and power. MINI GAMES Do as the locals do. Play drinking games and poker, compete in car races and shooting challenges. Take on these challenges to earn money and immerse yourself in the island's lifestyle... when you're not fighting for your life. AN ISLAND OF DANGER AND DISCOVERY Explore a diverse island playground, from mountain ranges and swampy grasslands to white sandy beaches. Discover relics, hunt exotic animals, and travel quickly by land, sea or air. Fight your way through the islands towns, temples, river ports and more! UNCOVER A MEMORABLE STORY AND AN INSANE CAST OF CHARACTERS Encounter an engaging and disturbed cast of characters as you take a gritty journey to the dark side of humanity, written by a Writers Guild Award winner. PLAY WITH FRIENDS IN A FULL CO-OP CAMPAIGN Play online or split screen and team up in a four-player campaign which challenges you to be your best and work together to prevail. Experience the island through the eyes of a wayward crew in their own quest to survive against the odds. A DIFFERENT BREED OF MULTIPLAYER Innovative multiplayer rewards skill and team play. To level up, players must support each other by boosting with battle cries, reviving teammates and calling in support weapons. After each match, players have the choice to punish or show mercy for their foes in fun and twisted ways, choreographed with interactive cutscenes. USE THE MAP EDITOR TO CREATE AND ACCESS NEW CONTENT The powerful and easy-to-use Far Cry® Map Editor is back, with new and improved features. A community of mapmakers ensures a constant stream of all-new content with the very best being showcased for the whole world to enjoy. Using the included tools, you too can make amazing maps, quickly and easily. CUTTING EDGE GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY Far Cry® 3 is being developed by the world-class game designers who brought you such critically acclaimed titles as Assassins Creed® 2, Assassins Creed® Brotherhood, and World in Conflict®.    Map Editor video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmjTOiPAPEQ&feature=player_embeddedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jvC1q54tDGwSP Gameplay videos:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBswGgaUBCkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QNTksJWYU0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QNTksJWYU0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QNTksJWYU0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEZfi1QfdIEMP gameplay videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWEpGokiAGY&feature=player_embeddedPre-order BonusAmazon: The Warrior pack - Single Player: Strike fear in your enemies with an exclusive tattoo and dagger - Multiplayer: Customize your character with the unlocked tattoo editor GameStop PC Deluxe Edition: Far Cry® 3 Deluxe Edition for PC includes the following extra in-game content: - The Monkey Business Pack: Meet Hurk and his explosive bomb-carrying monkey in four heart-pounding missions and get two bonus ways to humiliate your friends in multiplayer. - The Lost Expeditions: Discover the secrets of the islands lost World War II ruins in two suspenseful action missions, and unlock the power of a shotgun in a one-handed flare gun in multiplayer. - The Warrior Pack: Strike fear in your enemies with an exclusive dagger and get an early unlock of the tattoo editor in multiplayer. - The Predator Pack: Hunt four ferocious animals with the M-700 Predator Rifle in single-player and silently kill opponents with the unlocked Predator Bow in multiplayer. Also included: - The Survival Guide artbook (pdf file): Discover unique artwork and insider information to help you survive the insanity of the island. - The game soundtrack Best Buy: The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.
Insane Edition Ubisoft has announced the Far Cry 3 Insane Edition for the UK and Australia. The Insane Edition includes the following: · A 12cm Vaas Wahine with bobble head! · Monkey Business Discover Hurk, a new memorable character and quest giver, and his four unique missions (1 hour additional gameplay) · The Lost Expeditions -Two suspenseful action packed missions totaling over 40 minutes of additional gameplay and an exclusive weapon (The Japanese gun) · The Hunter Pack The M700 hunting rifle and its three collectors skins. · The Warrior Pack A handcrafted dagger and two exclusive tribal tattoos. · The Predator Pack Four exclusive rare predators and a multiplayer bow. · An Insanity Guide containing hints and tips to help you survive the island
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

awesome hype thread man.

I vote AA.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
8.0 Solid, fixes a lot of problems from 2, but still lacks cohesion/polish.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I would have said a solid 9.0-9.5, but as fun as it looks Gamespot has been rating things 8.5 a ton lately, while a couple of things stand out (like the AI being a tad easy to kill, HUD being much less subtle and the potential for polish issues as an open world game).

So I'm guessing 8.5, though it's still a day one download for me.

casualU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 casualU
Member since 2012 • 243 Posts
far cry just feels super cheesey without crytek making it.
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I think it will be AA but I am going to take a risk and vote AAA.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Still deciding if it will be a day 1 buy or a later on down the road game.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#8 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Game has 8.5 written all over it.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
9/10, but cuz this is GS we could expect a 8.5/10
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

I hope it's great, but I'm saying AA.

Now someone make a Hitman Absolution hype thread!:x

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

Game has 8.5 written all over it.

Master_ShakeXXX
IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
GAM8.5POT
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Ive never played Far Cry before, but i was impressed with what i saw at E3. Game looks pretty cool.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
I'm thinking 7.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#15 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

I'm thinking 8.5 based on everything I have seen so far.

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

First Day buy. Far Cry 2 was a rough around the edges but great, authentic & atmospheric shooter that had a unique flavor. Can't wait for FC3.

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

I'm thinking 8.5 based on everything I have seen so far.

HaloPimp978

That is what I am thinking as well.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

7.5-8.0 by the looks of it. But you never know the story could be real good.

jackfruitchips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jackfruitchips
Member since 2012 • 1065 Posts

I'm hyped AAA. Day 1 buy!

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

Can't wait for this game. Couldn't give two s**** what score it receives.

jackfruitchips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jackfruitchips
Member since 2012 • 1065 Posts

Randoggy
Even if it got a 6 ? :P
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I am guessing 7-7.5
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts

[QUOTE="Randoggy"]

jackfruitchips

Even if it got a 6 ? :P

He would give 3 s****?

:P

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Expecting nothing since the Far Cry series ceased to exist after Ubisoft took over.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
The Domination of the Continuation of the Domination :cool: Why do others even try anymore??
megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

The game looks great, leaps and bounds over FC2. I just hope the PS3 version comes out okay.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I think it will get AA. It looks pretty good to me and I'll probably get it at some point.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Going with an A.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
AA (8.5)
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

This is my most anticipated game of 2012 and i'm expecting big things from this game and i think it will receive an 9.0 from gamespot.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sukraj

It looks like 7ish game. avg at best, nothing special that lot of ppls claim. graphics looks gen behind Crysis (a 5 year old game. srsly??), and some causal elements that turn me off. like arrow showing where enemies are, tag enemies so u can see throw walls,. gunplay looks mediocre at best.SNIPER4321

Is metro last night gunna be mediocre at best.:roll:

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts
I say AA, not to say I won't like it but I don't see this really blowing any critics away
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

When the info started pouring in I was super hyped. Then I heard some negative things from sites. I really hope it is awesome, cause I love the idea of it and would gladly buy it if it is as good as I had hoped.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Oddly not excited for this one anymore. Maybe it's because I've gotten my console FPS fix on Halo 4?
The MP looks meh as hell, but FC is about the SP anyway. It's looks pretty decent, and the story sounds interesting with all it's 4th wall breaking stuff.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts
I'll be satisfied if this can remain a story driven game and not just something with a few and far between story elements, Far Cry 2 was beautiful in the graphics engine area but in the end it was just another sandbox filled of repetitive cookie cutter tasks, hopefully they addressed that with this game.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

This looks AAA. The singleplayer looks like it will be providing a lot of freedom in how you do stuff.

Far Cry 1 &2 tried the same. And 2 made a lot of mistakes (more than the first one). This looks like a big improvement. no malaria ? Gee, thanks !

The multiplayer looks like a cheap BF/COD clone though so not interested when there are better games (BF/COD) out there.

Shame Massive had to make such an abomination instead of something like World in Conflict 2 :(

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

It looks like 7ish game. avg at best, nothing special that lot of ppls claim. graphics looks gen behind Crysis (a 5 year old game. srsly??), and some causal elements that turn me off. like arrow showing where enemies are, tag enemies so u can see throw walls,. gunplay looks mediocre at best.SNIPER4321

you will be shocked to find out that farcry3 with have far better gameplay and graphics than metro last night.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

I'll go with AA (8.0), though I must say, not overly excited about the game...

Will probably get it later for cheap, though. Also, I'm really annoyed by this "pre-order/platform exclusive DLC" game Ubisoft is playing lately...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]It looks like 7ish game. avg at best, nothing special that lot of ppls claim. graphics looks gen behind Crysis (a 5 year old game. srsly??), and some causal elements that turn me off. like arrow showing where enemies are, tag enemies so u can see throw walls,. gunplay looks mediocre at best.MK-Professor

you will be shocked to find out that farcry3 with have far better gameplay and graphics than metro last night.

Gameplay? thats debatable. Metro will be more linear and Far Cry more open. Some like the first while other the latter

Graphics? No way. Far Cry 3 doesn't stand a chance against Metro.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Let's see if ubisoft can make a decent game
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sukraj

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]It looks like 7ish game. avg at best, nothing special that lot of ppls claim. graphics looks gen behind Crysis (a 5 year old game. srsly??), and some causal elements that turn me off. like arrow showing where enemies are, tag enemies so u can see throw walls,. gunplay looks mediocre at best.R4gn4r0k

Gameplay? thats debatable. Metro will be more linear and Far Cry more open. Some like the first while other the latter

from what ive seen far cry 3 graphics look sick.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

After I was actually pretty pumped about MoH Warfighter, I'm cautious about this one, so I'll preditct something between 7 and 8.5.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4gn4r0k

sukraj

We will see.

Far Cry 2 looked great too, but not as good as Metro 2033

mooooo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#47 mooooo99
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts

im so excited for this game, it looks like it should be a really good game. have my insane edition on pre order, just waiting for december now.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
I'm guessing 8-8.5. I'll wait till it goes on sale real cheap on Steam.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

SNIPER4321

We will see.

Far Cry 2 looked great too, but not as good as Metro 2033

and FC2 gameplaywise also miles below metro 2033....

What .

Metro's gameplay is literally just like CoD. Explain to me how it's different.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]It looks like 7ish game. avg at best, nothing special that lot of ppls claim. graphics looks gen behind Crysis (a 5 year old game. srsly??), and some causal elements that turn me off. like arrow showing where enemies are, tag enemies so u can see throw walls,. gunplay looks mediocre at best.R4gn4r0k

I like both FC3 and Metro LL. Although I think FC3 looks great, I agree Metro graphics will blow it out of water.