Official: CoD - Ghosts 1080p on PS4, 720p on XOne.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#501 Edited by Couth_ (10369 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

I wasn't insulting gamers. I was insulting fanboys and groupies that are on here having erections over 3rd party devs having a hard time programing for a new console that was modified a month ago even though the games look the same as the do on the ps4 and Ryse looks better than everything on the ps4 that I've seen so far.

They aren't having a hard time programming a new console.. The Xbox One GPU can't hit 1080p at 60fps in most games that is not going to change over the course of the generation...That's not fanboy son that's fact... They use the same assets but the difference between resolution between 720p and 1080p is 1.2 million pixels. 720 is only .9million, 1080 is 2.1 million. That's not fanboy that's fact

That's fanboy son not fact at all. especially since everybody including "the great" cboat said that devs are having problems but it'll get better down the line. hell battlefield devs even said that shit. come on man, just cuz the Sony Roaches say it don't mean it's a fact.

The assets will improve, but the resolution wont. The PC equivalent of the xbox GPU: HD 7770, simply cannot hit 60fps in 1080p in most modern games. It is right around 30 frames at 1080p, and will approaches 60 frames as either the settings are toned down (to medium or less) and or the resolution is notched down (to 720). Games on the consoles will obviously improve in textures and assets as the gen goes on, but the Xbox One simply does not have the juice to push 1920x1080 pixels in these hq games. That is not going to change over time. Any PC gamer knows the power requirement in going from 720p to 1080p is massive. Xbox One basically has to choose between 720p60fps or 1080p 30fps

For the record, PS4 equivalent (7850/7870) is right around 60fps in most games at 1080p.. It falls right in line with what is going on.. Like I said, games will improve with visuals. Textures will improve, assets will improve, but this resolution/frame rate combo you will get for the entire gen... Do some research on the 7770 if you don't wanna listen to fanboys.. The proof is out there. The power just isnt there in the xbone..

and yet somehow Forza is 1080/60. look man, pc specs and console specs are completely different and u still not accounting for the esram. devs will learn how to use it better over time.

Some how it is, and it's not the norm. Like I said. MOST games, it can't hang. PC specs and console specs used to be completely different until they decided to go with PC like architecture, x86 and what not... There is no secret sauce in the consoles man. They both have weak as shit GPUs, but the xbox one's is substantially weaker and it's substantially older.. When you have games developed for both consoles, they simply won't have the same performance. I am not doubting the esram. Like I said, games will continue to look better. You can get some very impressive stuff on xbone. But that resolution: 1080p will never be the norm on xbox

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#502 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

You fanboys just don't understand that 720p provides a much more cinematic experience. I mean the pixels are closer together leading to a sharper image, when you stretch that shit out to 1080p It just looks so blurry.

Who sits that close to their television in the year 2013 almost 2014 anyway, Jesus you guys.

#503 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1977 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

I wasn't insulting gamers. I was insulting fanboys and groupies that are on here having erections over 3rd party devs having a hard time programing for a new console that was modified a month ago even though the games look the same as the do on the ps4 and Ryse looks better than everything on the ps4 that I've seen so far.

They aren't having a hard time programming a new console.. The Xbox One GPU can't hit 1080p at 60fps in most games that is not going to change over the course of the generation...That's not fanboy son that's fact... They use the same assets but the difference between resolution between 720p and 1080p is 1.2 million pixels. 720 is only .9million, 1080 is 2.1 million. That's not fanboy that's fact

That's fanboy son not fact at all. especially since everybody including "the great" cboat said that devs are having problems but it'll get better down the line. hell battlefield devs even said that shit. come on man, just cuz the Sony Roaches say it don't mean it's a fact.

The assets will improve, but the resolution wont. The PC equivalent of the xbox GPU: HD 7770, simply cannot hit 60fps in 1080p in most modern games. It is right around 30 frames at 1080p, and will approaches 60 frames as either the settings are toned down (to medium or less) and or the resolution is notched down (to 720). Games on the consoles will obviously improve in textures and assets as the gen goes on, but the Xbox One simply does not have the juice to push 1920x1080 pixels in these hq games. That is not going to change over time. Any PC gamer knows the power requirement in going from 720p to 1080p is massive. Xbox One basically has to choose between 720p60fps or 1080p 30fps

For the record, PS4 equivalent (7850/7870) is right around 60fps in most games at 1080p.. It falls right in line with what is going on.. Like I said, games will improve with visuals. Textures will improve, assets will improve, but this resolution/frame rate combo you will get for the entire gen... Do some research on the 7770 if you don't wanna listen to fanboys.. The proof is out there. The power just isnt there in the xbone..

and yet somehow Forza is 1080/60. look man, pc specs and console specs are completely different and u still not accounting for the esram. devs will learn how to use it better over time.

Forza 5 looks like ass dude. Its not doing anything relatively next gen. Racing games and sports games are a bad indicator of hardware being pushed. Why do you think Forza and the yearly Madden, 2K, Live games are the only 1080p titles for the One.

#504 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Greatness05 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Roaches?

that's what they call Sony fanboys in Japan.

He just gave you factual numbers but you'd rather blame it on devs and hope of hidden power? You're special lol.

You're a fanboy.

LMMFAO Man check my recently played. I'm still playing the ps2, N64, Gamecube, Snes, Ps1, 360 and ect... I have never and will never dick ride or bend over for a corporation. I am stating the facts that the devs have leaked so far and that neo gaf is reporting on.

#505 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@BPoole96 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Racing games are easy as hell to run. Everyone knows this. Look at how shitty CoD: Ghosts looks and face reality that XBone can't even run that at a resolution that has been around for a decade.

Ryse and Battlefield look pretty damn good too though right? So does DR3. Come on man, let's not nitpick.

#506 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1977 posts) -

XBOX ONE is such a piece of shit. If it wasn't for Dead Rising 3, id cancel my preorder. Its going to collect dust though until the next good exclusive comes out whenever that is...

#507 Posted by superclocked (5864 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro:

#508 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Forza 5 looks like ass dude. Its not doing anything relatively next gen. Racing games and sports games are a bad indicator of hardware being pushed. Why do you think Forza and the yearly Madden, 2K, Live games are the only 1080p titles for the One.

wow. I'm not even getting Forza and I think it looks like something special. All I'm saying is it's dumb as hell to judge a console from the launch, especially when so many reports about the esram being hard to work with being out. How about this, we'll judge it by the Witcher 3. That's maybe 6-8 months from now.

#510 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Greatness05 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Roaches?

He just gave you factual numbers but you'd rather blame it on devs and hope of hidden power? You're special lol.

You're a fanboy.

LMMFAO Man check my recently played. I'm still playing the ps2, N64, Gamecube, Snes, Ps1, 360 and ect... I have never and will never dick ride or bend over for a corporation. I am stating the facts that the devs have leaked so far and that neo gaf is reporting on.

You have MS dick within you.

What are you defending a 720 vs 1080 experience for? As a clear headed individual the numbers should be enough. You're stating the opposite of facts.. you're dreaming and hoping

This is embarrassing. The irony in that opening sentence is too crazy. I can't play resolution. I can only play games. I am defending 720 in what way? I'm saying give them time to figure the damn system out. I know u remember how ass almost every PS3 game looked the first year and how far it came in year 7. Give it time kid. In the mean time, accept the fact that both consoles will be great down the line and move on with your life.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
#511 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (6789 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Greatness05 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Roaches?

You're a fanboy.

What are you defending a 720 vs 1080 experience for? As a clear headed individual the numbers should be enough. You're stating the opposite of facts.. you're dreaming and hoping

This is embarrassing. The irony in that opening sentence is too crazy. I can't play resolution. I can only play games. I am defending 720 in what way? I'm saying give them time to figure the damn system out. I know u remember how ass almost every PS3 game looked the first year and how far it came in year 7. Give it time kid. In the mean time, accept the fact that both consoles will be great down the line and move on with your life.

You're an embarassment.

If resolution doesn't matter lets all play on CR-TV's. Add the fact that its the more expensive console causing such an inferiority lapse of 720P vs 1080P on the SAME title. You bring up PS3... All PS3/360 multiplats ran in same res.. differences mostly came down to contrast or MAYBE slight framerate differences.

"Give it time" = lets hope.

The architecture is the same, ESRAM won't save you. Stop hoping

#512 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Greatness05 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Roaches?

You're a fanboy.

You're an embarassment.

If resolution doesn't matter lets all play on CR-TV's. Add the fact that its the more expensive console causing such an inferiority lapse of 720P vs 1080P on the SAME title. You bring up PS3... All PS3/360 multiplats ran in same res.. differences mostly came down to contrast or MAYBE slight framerate differences.

CTFU this is why nobody takes u seriously. u make an ass outta yourself with every damn comment

#513 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (6789 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Greatness05 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Roaches?

You're a fanboy.

You're an embarassment.

CTFU this is why nobody takes u seriously. u make an ass outta yourself with every damn comment

You have no come back? Ok cool.

Keep hoping devs stop being "lazy" lol and shitty ESRAM wakes up.

#514 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1248 posts) -

Lems shoud'nt be too disheartened I'm sure in time games on Xbone will start to look better.

Of course,they will on PS4 as well,LOL

#515 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Greatness05 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Roaches?

You're a fanboy.

You're an embarassment.

ctfu I said the devs lazy? I have a comeback, I just refuse to go back and forth with a dick riding roach in a console war that don't exist.

#516 Edited by tormentos (26627 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

STOP putting words in my mouth. I never said "look the same and be the same resolution". I said "they will look about the same".

@StormyJoe said:

Why would the PS4 have better looking multiplats?Even if the PS4 has this mythic "hardware advantage" (seriously, 30-40% isn't sh*t), multiplat studios write games to the lowest common denominator. So, even if you are right, that LCD wold be the XBox one. So, multiplats would look the same across all three (XB1, PC, PS3).

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/dear-xbox-owners-help-me-understand-30844900/#js-message-341679936

@StormyJoe said:

It's not delusional, it's the truth. 30% more power isn't s**t. Anyone in IT can tell you that. The PS4 will have a slightly higher frame rate - that's it.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/developer-comments-saying-xbox-one-is-more-powerfu-30837273/#js-message-34167029

Do you need some more.?

Busted dude you claimed that the only difference would be a few frames,but but if you are an IT...lol

#517 Posted by tormentos (26627 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

No. They have been biased towards PS4.

Remember when they say the PS4 was getting 1080p while the xbox one was getting 900p.? Part of the fact that make it believable was that Edge heavily anti PS3 in fact Edge has the biggest collection of low score for PS3 exclusives for Edge most PS3 exclusives are 6..lol

@Greatness05 said:

Dude Forza is a damn Racing game is not comparable in any way to a FPS engine,those are heavier and demand more power period this is not my opinion it is a well know fact.

Add to this that Forza is build like a last gen game with pretty much nothing dynamic fake effects and car damage,is not demanding at all,is the reason why it hits 1080p 60 FPS.

#518 Edited by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Greatness05 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Roaches?

You're a fanboy.

You're an embarassment.

ctfu I said the devs lazy? I have a comeback, I just refuse to go back and forth with a dick riding roach in a console war that don't exist.

Just stop your damage control, it's getting ridiculous.

The facts are here.

PS4 >>>>>>>>>>> Xbone

Deal with it.

#519 Posted by Scipio8 (927 posts) -

BG4 on Xbox One looks noticeably better than the PS4 version. I'm sure COD will too and with real dedicated servers unlike the fakery PS4 will get, the place to be is XB1.

#520 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Ok so i didnt end up cancelling my pre order my family got upset when i said i was going to get a second ps4 instead. So now i'm maintaining my preorder..oh well at least they gave me fifa 14 for free..it makes it a little more acceptable i guess.

#521 Posted by StriateEnd (521 posts) -

Well, if Sony markets this right then.... Goodnight sweet xbox 720p.

#522 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (6789 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Greatness05 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Roaches?

You're a fanboy.

You're an embarassment.

The facts are here.

PS4 >>>>>>>>>>> Xbone

Deal with it.

Owwwwwwnnnneeeddd.

#523 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

lmao Damage control? u honestly think I care about what a few pimply faced basement dwelling kids think? I'm getting the X1 day one regardless homie. I'll get the PS4 when it can play mp3s

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Greatness05 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Roaches?

You're a fanboy.

You're an embarassment.

The facts are here.

PS4 >>>>>>>>>>> Xbone

Deal with it.

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

No. They have been biased towards PS4.

Remember when they say the PS4 was getting 1080p while the xbox one was getting 900p.? Part of the fact that make it believable was that Edge heavily anti PS3 in fact Edge has the biggest collection of low score for PS3 exclusives for Edge most PS3 exclusives are 6..lol

@Greatness05 said:

Dude Forza is a damn Racing game is not comparable in any way to a FPS engine,those are heavier and demand more power period this is not my opinion it is a well know fact.

Add to this that Forza is build like a last gen game with pretty much nothing dynamic fake effects and car damage,is not demanding at all,is the reason why it hits 1080p 60 FPS.

wasn't u hyping drive club? why the hypocrisy? oh and even on the almighty PS4, Drive Club was sub 30 fps

#524 Posted by applefan1991 (3388 posts) -

Here's my $.02. I preorded an Xbox One and to me, if I pay $100 more for a console it should outperform the cheaper competitor, or at least match it. I'm paying $100 more for inferior hardware. What happened to you get what you pay for? I'd cancel my Xbox preorder but I don't have a PS4 one to fall back on

#526 Posted by kazrium (1632 posts) -

Lol! LOVE IT.

The last time I was in system wars it was for the PS3 vs. Xbox 360, and the COWS were freaking out on how the graphics didn't matter. How the times have changed my SW friends! Grabbing popcorn and coke. Off we go!

Really though, I missed this place, it is about time we had some new consoles to war about.

#527 Edited by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Greatness05 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Roaches?

You're a fanboy.

You're an embarassment.

The facts are here.

PS4 >>>>>>>>>>> Xbone

Deal with it.

Owwwwwwnnnneeeddd.

lmao Man u people pathetic.he makes a stupid statement supported by zero facts, but because he is talking about Sony u wanna slurp him? CTFU this is too easy. go to bed and quit nut hugging.

#528 Posted by applefan1991 (3388 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@WadeFan said:

Here's my $.02. I preorded an Xbox One and to me, if I pay $100 more for a console it should outperform the cheaper competitor, or at least match it. I'm paying $100 more for inferior hardware. What happened to you get what you pay for? I'd cancel my Xbox preorder but I don't have a PS4 one to fall back on

you won't have any problems finding a ps4. You think they would really not have stock for black friday and christmas? Save the $100, get a ps4, and use that extra money to buy 2 games instead of weaker hardware.

Well, I mean the $100 savings isn't going to do much for me because:

$60 PSN membership (I currently have XBL)

$60 Cod Ghosts (Only $10 since I will buy the 360 version and upgrade to the One)

But I'm just worried that this is not just this COD game but every game from here on out will be inferior. I wish I could get an unbiased answer, but that won't happen here lol. Is the Xbox One incapable of running 1080p games??

#529 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@kazrium said:

Lol! LOVE IT.

The last time I was in system wars it was for the PS3 vs. Xbox 360, and the COWS were freaking out on how the graphics didn't matter. How the times have changed my SW friends! Grabbing popcorn and coke. Off we go!

Really though, I missed this place, it is about time we had some new consoles to war about.

sssshhh.. Stop before they try to "own" u with factless opinions lmao. these dudes borderline retarded.

#530 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Greatness05: facepalm

#531 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26578 posts) -

@kazrium said:

Lol! LOVE IT.

This must not have been at launch. I was here in 2005 during E3 and the subsequent 2005 and 2006 console launches.

Cows were anything BUT suggesting graphics didn't matter. Back then SquareEnix was saying their games couldn't be done on the 360 and the Lair developers (remember that game?) were touting how the graphics couldn't be replicated on the 360 even if they wanted to. Back then, it was about the FLOPS advantage that the PS3 would have over the 360 and how much better PS3 games would ultimately look. There was frustration that some multiplats didn't measure up...especially when compared to the visual quality of the lot of exclusives...but at no point do I ever remember Cows suggesting that graphics didn't matter.

Cows were *all about* the graphics.

#532 Posted by MajesticShea (730 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@kazrium said:

Lol! LOVE IT.

sssshhh.. Stop before they try to "own" u with factless opinions lmao. these dudes borderline retarded.

Why are you so butthurt? So you were owned who cares.

#533 Edited by John_Matherson (2085 posts) -

@kazrium said:

Lol! LOVE IT.

wait, the same cows that boast and hype graphics powerhouses like Uncharted 2, gran tourismo 5, beyond 2 souls, the last of us, said graphics don't matter? I think you have the wrong cows. See here in system wars when we say cow, we're not referring to the livestock on your grandparents' farm.

#534 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@majesticshea said:

@Greatness05 said:

@kazrium said:

Lol! LOVE IT.

lmao leave them drugs alone kid. I been stomping on u roaches all day.

#535 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@majesticshea said:

@Greatness05 said:

@kazrium said:

Lol! LOVE IT.

uh oh, someone is delusional. Watch out

#536 Edited by kazrium (1632 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions: Um what

#537 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@majesticshea said:

@Greatness05 said:

@kazrium said:

Lol! LOVE IT.

facts are facts kid. only thing y'all can come up with is 1080. where's the games? hell, I can't even listen to mp3s while I play on a ps4 and it's 2013. tragic.

#538 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@majesticshea said:

@Greatness05 said:

@kazrium said:

Lol! LOVE IT.

facts are facts kid. only thing y'all can come up with is 1080. where's the games? hell, I can't even listen to mp3s while I play on a ps4 and it's 2013. tragic.

you seem to be a special kind of dumbass

#539 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26578 posts) -

@kazrium said:

@Dreams-Visions: Um what

I see a picture of a multiplat game that appears to be washed out on the PS3 but ugly on both. It's also a bad picture.

Is that all? If so, what's your point here? The mediocre visuals on a multiplat game certainly aren't indicative of what the PS3 or 360 were capable of. If I were looking to pick out the best examples of visuals on the PS3 and 360, I wouldn't look for Assassin's Creed images. I'd look for Halo 4, Last of Us, the most recent Gears and GT:6. Do you disagree?

Graphics do matter and everyone cares about them, Cows especially. Better examples can be found for the 360 and PS3 than AC.

Or did I misunderstand your point here? You didn't say much.

#540 Edited by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@majesticshea said:

@Greatness05 said:

@kazrium said:

Lol! LOVE IT.

that would be u idiots on here claiming a 1080 cod as the second coming of christ.

#541 Posted by kazrium (1632 posts) -

@John_Matherson:

Ah Good times! Like it was yesterday, you COWS and your short memory's.

#542 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@majesticshea said:

@Greatness05 said:

@kazrium said:

Lol! LOVE IT.

that would be u idiots on here claiming a 1080 cod as the second coming of christ.

It's pretty sad for a next gen system to not even be able to play COD at 1080p

Also, you probably shouldn't call people idiots if you lack the ability to spell the word "you"

#543 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@majesticshea said:

@Greatness05 said:

@kazrium said:

Lol! LOVE IT.

Also, you probably shouldn't call people idiots if you lack the ability to spell the word "you"

that's funny. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/U scroll down and embarrass yourself. also I agree. it should be able to play cod at 1080 without being upscaled and still maintain 60fps. it is what it is though. oh well. they still have a hell of a lot of games coming out that will be worth having between launch and Spring. That's more than I can say for Sony.

#544 Posted by kazrium (1632 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions: Here's my point: The cows cried when the PS3 and Xbox 360 launched because ALL the multi-plat games looked better on the Xbox 360. ( Find one that didn't, good luck. ) I find it quite ironic that they are now claiming the systems wars are won because of comparisons of a couple mulit-plat games. Go figure, you crazy cows you.

#546 Posted by MajesticShea (730 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@majesticshea said:

@Greatness05 said:

@kazrium said:

Lol! LOVE IT.

that's funny. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/U scroll down and embarrass yourself. also I agree. it should be able to play cod at 1080 without being upscaled and still maintain 60fps. it is what it is though. oh well. they still have a hell of a lot of games coming out that will be worth having between launch and Spring. That's more than I can say for Sony.

No they don't Sony had more games (literally) coming out.

#547 Edited by superclocked (5864 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@WadeFan said:

@kingoflife9 said:

@WadeFan said:

you won't have any problems finding a ps4. You think they would really not have stock for black friday and christmas? Save the $100, get a ps4, and use that extra money to buy 2 games instead of weaker hardware.

$60 Cod Ghosts (Only $10 since I will buy the 360 version and upgrade to the One)

But I'm just worried that this is not just this COD game but every game from here on out will be inferior. I wish I could get an unbiased answer, but that won't happen here lol. Is the Xbox One incapable of running 1080p games??

Im not biased, still have the x1 pre ordered because I'm hoping some news will come out about them unlocking more power or something. It can play Forza, and Fifa, and Madden at 1080p....but understand why; Forza 5 looks the same as forza 4 mostly, so they already have all the baked in environments and textures from last gen, the same as in Fifa and madden, they already have the baked in visuals from last gen...so its not that hard for EA to make it run at 1080p on xbox one.

Now the NEW games like BF4 which were designed to be next gen from the start are trying to do some very cool and new things for next-gen. And they are having a hard time having the X1 run all of these new additions they had in mind. Even COD is said to be running on a brand spanking new engine, and they are having a hard time making the X1 run these new things. So I am worried that the X1 games will be compromised just so it can be run on the console.

The environments in Forza 5 aren't baked in. The time of day doesn't change in the game, leading some people to say that it had "baked" lighting, but that's not true at all. The game actually has very good real time lighting...

#548 Posted by applefan1991 (3388 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@WadeFan said:

@kingoflife9 said:

@WadeFan said:

Im not biased, still have the x1 pre ordered because I'm hoping some news will come out about them unlocking more power or something. It can play Forza, and Fifa, and Madden at 1080p....but understand why; Forza 5 looks the same as forza 4 mostly, so they already have all the baked in environments and textures from last gen, the same as in Fifa and madden, they already have the baked in visuals from last gen...so its not that hard for EA to make it run at 1080p on xbox one.

Now the NEW games like BF4 which were designed to be next gen from the start are trying to do some very cool and new things for next-gen. And they are having a hard time having the X1 run all of these new additions they had in mind. Even COD is said to be running on a brand spanking new engine, and they are having a hard time making the X1 run these new things. So I am worried that the X1 games will be compromised just so it can be run on the console.

Thanks for the educated answer. Honestly, just COD isn't enough for me to cancel my preorder. I'm just afraid that this is just a sign of things to come when it's like Need for Speed Underground 3 1080p on PS4 and 720p on Xbox One etc, etc. If this is just a fluke because of the devkit not being updated or whatever, then no big deal.

#549 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@majesticshea said:

@Greatness05 said:

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

@majesticshea said:

@Greatness05 said:

@kazrium said:

Lol! LOVE IT.

No they don't Sony had more games (literally) coming out.

I'm talking about good solid games, not that indie shit. hold up, I'll be back later. my Bengals are driving to take the lead.

#550 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@lostrib said:

@Greatness05 said:

Wow, you can't even hyperlink properly. It's still not a word.

Yes, continue to accept that mediocrity.