Official Assassins Creed discussion thread 9.0 (KEEP IT HERE!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Dumb AI is a deal-breaking thing for me.

From the GT review...I say this game is a no buy...

Also don't you find it funny that a hyped game (Like AC) has problems (texture pop-ins, dumb AI, etc.) And stil gets a 9+, but if it was some other non-hyped game, it would get torn to shreads for such a problem.

-D3MO-

Pretty much every game has dumb AI and some sort of pop-in. Pay attention closely when playing next time.

ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 ChrisMun
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts

[QUOTE="ChrisMun"]Don't kill me for saying this but, this is going to be just another "Heavenly Sword" renter for me. As the reveiws say, there's not much more to do with the game after you beat it. 12 -15 is a perfect time for these types of games hands down. I was a little turned off about how the guards repond. I mean c'mon. You have two standing there and one gets all jacked up. While the other just walks on over with the "OH snap! Who did this!?". Meh. I'm very interested with the story of this game. The gameplay looks like a lot of a fun. No glitch will stop me from playing this. But I won't buy it. I'll keep my money for the next big two titles I'm looking forward to. Uncharted and Mass Effect.BioShockOwnz

Atleast the single player length is average. Heavenly Sword.....not so much.

True. At least bothof the games will be providing a pretty steller story. I can't wait to see what this twist is.

FireXero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 FireXero
Member since 2004 • 1062 Posts
[QUOTE="-D3MO-"]

Also don't you find it funny that a hyped game (Like AC) has problems (texture pop-ins, dumb AI, etc.) And stil gets a 9+, but if it was some other non-hyped game, it would get torn to shreads for such a problem.

BioShockOwnz

Pretty much every game has dumb AI and some sort of pop-in. Pay attention closely when playing next time.

Stop making up crap just to defend the game you like, bad AI is bad AI, theres no excuse for that.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="-D3MO-"]

FireXero

Stop making up crap just to defend the game you like, bad AI is bad AI, theres no excuse for that.

Making up crap? Give me a game with like 20 NPC's on screen at once with the AI of FEAR....

Go ahead and well you're at it, try not to be so ignorant of the truth.

user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
[QUOTE="FireXero"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="-D3MO-"]

BioShockOwnz

Making up crap? Give me a game with like 20 NPC's on screen at once with the AI of FEAR....

Come on.. surely you can acknowledge the whole stealth thing is stupid? All you have to do is drop your head and walk slow.. and your invisible to a guy you were just fighting?

-D3MO-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#56 -D3MO-
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts
[QUOTE="FireXero"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="-D3MO-"]

BioShockOwnz

Hmm... Call of Duty 4 :) It has 20+ NPC's actually doing stuff, not just walking around...and more than 1 person attacks you at a time...unlike in AC where you get jumped by a dozen enemies, only to fight all of them 1vs1...how did this game ever get a 9+?

Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

dang, I thought the review was going to be posted.laughingman42

Tell me about it. Weak...

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 BioShockOwnz
Hmm... Call of Duty 4 :) It has 20+ NPC's actually doing stuff, not just walking around...and more than 1 person attacks you at a time...unlike in AC where you get jumped by a dozen enemies, only to fight all of them 1vs1...how did this game ever get a 9+?

-D3MO-

Nope, they're dumb too. I've seen the terrorists run in circles even on Veteran in closed in environments. Hell, all they can do is chuck grenades. Woot!:roll:

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts
[QUOTE="FireXero"]

BioShockOwnz

They don't have to. Even the AI of Thief would have been better (in that they are alerted by corpses and they attack at the same time), and that's over a decade old.

Sure, you could argue that they couldn't possibly have good AI with so many people in the cities...which is a fault on the part of the developer. I'd prefer less people with more realistic AI over more people with stupid AI.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="FireXero"]

Planeforger

They don't have to. Even the AI of Thief would have been better (in that they are alerted by corpses and they attack at the same time), and that's over a decade old.

Sure, you could argue that they couldn't possibly have good AI with so many people in the cities...which is a fault on the part of the developer. I'd prefer less people with more realistic AI over more people with stupid AI.

Well, I can't argue that and I agree. But reviews would complain that the game felt dead and lifeless then.

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#61 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
[QUOTE="Cedmln"]

Planeforger

If you haven't watched it yet, Gametrailers' review is almost totally spoiler-free, and summarises the pros and cons fairly well.

I just finished watching the review and I must sat it has its ups and downs.

Most of what was mentioned was good for me.

The A.I. is rediculous. After I saw the guy kill a gaurd right in front of another gaurd and didn't noticeit, I was most disappointed.

I remain on hold for this game to think it over for a while and will wait to see what Mass Effect ( and or other games) has to offer.

Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I don't want to hear anyone crying about the AI. Does anyone know how hard it is to create a city with so much NPC's on the screen at once? It's impossible for all the NPC's to have sophisticated AI with the hardware that we have this generation.Cedmln

Well no one who has a 360 has to worry about A.I., since its supposedly beder on dah 360 and inphereeor on da PStree, so the lemmings will brag anyway no matter how bad the A.I. could be.

Lol you quoted yourself in your sig...

Big_Gamer_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Big_Gamer_Al
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
The AI is dumb in this game you can kill someone right in front of another person and they act like they didn't see it, but the game does look really good.
Big_Gamer_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Big_Gamer_Al
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I don't want to hear anyone crying about the AI. Does anyone know how hard it is to create a city with so much NPC's on the screen at once? It's impossible for all the NPC's to have sophisticated AI with the hardware that we have this generation.Cedmln

Well no one who has a 360 has to worry about A.I., since its supposedly beder on dah 360 and inphereeor on da PStree, so the lemmings will brag anyway no matter how bad the A.I. could be.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
I just saw the review at GT the game looks fun but it seems like it gets repetitive still fun for a wile ill rent it
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

I was already to dole out the "yeehaw, I told you so"s for 1UP's review....until I saw their Crysis score.

Wow, they're more Gamespot than Gamespot now! :o

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#67 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
[QUOTE="Cedmln"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"] Big_Gamer_Al

Wether thats a compliment or not, I agree with it anyway! :lol:

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BioShockOwnz

I was already to dole out the "yeehaw, I told you so"s for 1UP's review....until I saw their Crysis score.

Wow, they're more Gamespot than Gamespot now! :o

Tsug_Ze_Wind

There's always a copycat.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

Can't believe 1up gave it a 7..user_nat

lol they gave R&C an 8.5, AC a 7.0 and Crysis an 8.0.....wtf? talk about BS

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

For people who have concerns for the AI, it is good, sometimes they come full at you and you will die if you don't escape the fight, that's why most times it is one on one, and they are also smart, they defend alot and attack with timing and if you are escaping they follow you everywhere until you hide quickly.

The game is great, the exploration will take longer than 40 hours I think, if you want only to finish the game, they said it will be between 12-15 hours, I don't think when anyone see the big world will only do missions, it is somehow like GTA, so you decide if you want it to be fast play or slow play.

There is no glitchs, no framerate issues, Im talking about the PS3 version, the only downer I saw is no realtime night and day(clock) like in GTA, it is all daytime, maybe later with story I'll do some missions in night, but it isn't cool, I wanted it to be like GTA, this is the only thing missing in this game, everything else is amazing.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

I think it will get AAA, although GS might nitpick. :(

I'm expecting a 9.0 here.

queenster08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 queenster08
Member since 2005 • 859 Posts

The game looks beautiful but that AI stinks. I'm gonna get it no matter what. Hopefully AC2 will come out much faster and have some inprovements in AI.

I expect this game to get an 7.5-8 here because of the gameplay issues. It seems repetative and the AI sucks. That has made GS give games very low scores in the past.

LOL @ that gametrailer review where the guard was watching the other guard get killed and didn't do anything because he was in stealth mode. Is that something they can patch I wonder?

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#73 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
Omg the A.I looks really retarded. Stll, looks like I"ll be getting the game. Just don't know if I'll get it over Mass Effect now. Hmm.... I"m starting to like GT's reviews. They always seem honest about their stuff :D
queenster08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 queenster08

^

Gametrailers seems the place to be now-a-days. They have a good review system and are quicker to post new videos than GS. There is no news section but ign gets news much faster than GS anyways. GS has the best site layout, that keeps me around.

Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

^

Gametrailers seems the place to be now-a-days. They have a good review system and are quicker to post new videos than GS. There is no news section but ign gets news much faster than GS anyways. GS has the best site layout, that keeps me around.

queenster08

Ah that reviews spot on, whilst its a very playable, creative and innovative game its fighting system sucks, exploration whilst fantastically achieved is very boring after awhile and the repeative approach to missions kills the later parts of the game. Its so unfortunate its only 12 hours maxium if you don't do all the stupid (and yes they are) side quests and objectives (flag hunts and killing templars).

Its a must play title but at the same time they missed on so many marks that it drags down an experience that could have achieved a 10 across nearly all game sites if they had of done it right in the gameplay department and had of made the game a complete title story-wise (oh man does it rip you off when you finish this game).

Its one to remember but one to not really want to play a second time (sad but true).

queenster08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 queenster08
[QUOTE="queenster08"]

^

Zenkuso

Ah that reviews spot on, whilst its a very playable, creative and innovative game its fighting system sucks, exploration whilst fantastically achieved is very boring after awhile and the repeative approach to missions kills the later parts of the game. Its so unfortunate its only 12 hours maxium if you don't do all the stupid (and yes they are) side quests and objectives (flag hunts and killing templars).

Its a must play title but at the same time they missed on so many marks that it drags down an experience that could have achieved a 10 across nearly all game sites if they had of done it right in the gameplay department and had of made the game a complete title story-wise (oh man does it rip you off when you finish this game).

Its one to remember but one to not really want to play a second time (sad but true).

I see your points. I hope the game does well though so the developers can profit and learn from this; thus creating a masterful sequal.

I give them credit for bringing something totally new to the table and will reward them with my $60. Hopefully developers will see that the FPS thing is out of control and that we need variety.

Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

If you actually read / watch the reviews, both gametrailers and 1up say pretty much the same things. They just felt they affected the overall game differently. This is why review text is soo much more important than the score. cakeorrdeath

I agree 100% I personally think game sites should get rid of numerical scores all together and just do text reviews because gamers have become too rapped up in game scores!

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="strudel420"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="laus_basic"]

1up reviews AC: http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3164319

FireXero

YOU GOTTA BE FREAKIN KIDDING ME! Talk about spoliers!!!!! GT kept quiet during their review but these idiots let it all out.

I'm so pissed right now...

It was a twist in the story I was totally not expecting....why did he have to ruin it, why? WHY?!:cry:

You know... if you had kept reading like... 5 more words of that review. You would have seen that those are spoilers for THE FIRST FIVE MINUTES OF THE GAME. Dont bash 1up review for spoiling something that happens when you boot up the game :S

True...but MGS2 has a spoiler in the first TEN minutes that would indeed ruin the entire game so...a spoiler warning should have been used.

excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 excelR83
Member since 2003 • 2932 Posts

So the game is only 12-15 hrs? I'd heard it was sandbox like Oblivion and would offer enough sidequests to make it last 30-40 hrs. Is this all BS?

Between that and the 7.0 on 1up, it's making me iffy about picking it up. I've been waiting for this game since I saw it in GI like 2.5 yrs ago. Ugh.

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts

I'm pretty sure I am almost done with the game. If this is the case (and I am pretty sure it is) -- this game is pretty short. In fact, it's even shorter if you skip content. For example, every "quest" has roughly 6 prerequisete quests -- however you only need to do two of them. Then there are side quests, which involve finding all the "Viewpoints" in the area and another involving saving poor people. The final option quest involves finding 60-100 'flags' hidden around the zone (eff that).

Having done done everything (minus the flags), I am probably going to have spent a total of 10 hours. If I skip the content, it could be done in ~6. This is a guess, but it's very accurate. The game may be a renter, unfortunatly.

Now, those who question my 'guess' as to how far I am in the game, I've based on it on the "secret" achievements that unlock after every quest. Seeing as I've unlocked all but 4 of 10 of them, I'm pretty sure I am right.

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#81 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

reviews coming in are generally positive, but with talk of repitition and weak AI

but i know that this game will appeal to me, so already have it preordered

wonder when we'll get the IGN and GS reviews

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Now the game is almost out I guess I can say I played a lengthy early build of this game and the AI is awful. The game itself looks good but escaping from your enemies is as about as tough as avoiding a dustbin. Circle round behind them, kill one rinse and repeat. Now this was quite a while ago (10 months or so I think?) so things may have dramatically improved but I can't see this getting more than 8.0 unless the AI has been completely overhauled.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
sounds like this game is a flop waiting to happen. It was a very ambitious project.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 rimnet00

I'm pretty sure I am almost done with the game. If this is the case (and I am pretty sure it is) -- this game is pretty short. In fact, it's even shorter if you skip content. For example, every "quest" has roughly 6 prerequisete quests -- however you only need to do two of them. Then there are side quests, which involve finding all the "Viewpoints" in the area and another involving saving poor people. The final option quest involves finding 60-100 'flags' hidden around the zone (eff that).

Having done done everything (minus the flags), I am probably going to have spent a total of 10 hours. If I skip the content, it could be done in ~6. This is a guess, but it's very accurate. The game may be a renter, unfortunatly.

Now, those who question my 'guess' as to how far I am in the game, I've based on it on the "secret" achievements that unlock after every quest. Seeing as I've unlocked all but 4 of 10 of them, I'm pretty sure I am right.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#85 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

A 7.0? You have got to be kidding me, lol.

1up is a joke. They, along with EGM have zero credibility in my eyes. You can see their desparation lately in their actions...such as the lame podcast with that Shane cat from EGM who is the only one from all major outlets that is claiming a major exclusive 360 game is getting canned.

Yet when Gamespot personally checks all of the devs of the most highly anticipated up coming releases, they have no idea what this Shane guy was talking about. So, if a game is indeed being canned, it is not a major one. GS pretty much cleared this up themselves yesterday. Kudos to them.

And now they give one of the years biggest games a 7.0 just so they will get noticed. Even a developer over at the Halo Wars forum posted a picture of a dunce hat in response to a question concerning the rumor that this Shane guy started. And fittingly so, I might add. And this 7.0 for AC makes it seem all the more appropriate. So heres to you 1up:

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#86 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

1up is a joke. They, along with EGM have zero credibility in my eyes. You can see their desparation lately in their actions...such as the lame podcast with that Shane cat from EGM who is the only one from all major outlets that is claiming a major exclusive 360 game is getting canned.

Yet when Gamespot personally checks all of the devs of the most highly anticipated up coming releases, they have no idea what this Shane guy was talking about. So, if a game is indeed being canned, it is not a major one. GS pretty much cleared this up themselves yesterday. Kudos to them.

And now they give one of the years biggest games a 7.0 just so they will get noticed. Even a developer over at the Halo Wars forum posted a picture of a dunce hat in response to a question concerning the rumor that this Shane guy started. And fittingly so, I might add. And this 7.0 for AC makes it seem all the more appropriate. So heres to you 1up:

ironcreed

How do you know that it will get an even better score on here?

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts
Don't worry about 1up's review, guys. Michael Donahoe tends to score great games a little low--he gave The Darkness like a 6.5.
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

Don't worry about 1up's review, guys. Michael Donahoe tends to score great games a little low--he gave The Darkness like a 6.5.Sooshy

lol wow.....that guy must be mental

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Dreams-Visions

Planet Xbox360 review

credit to Tnasty for the link.

looks like this will be the love-it-or-hate-it game of the year.

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 rimnet00
I blame anamocity towards the storyline coming from some people.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 HarlockJC

Planet Xbox360 review

Dreams-Visions

Well at least no one can just blame 1up on this one

michael582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 michael582
Member since 2003 • 1064 Posts
this game will have alot of mixed reviews.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Dreams-Visions

I blame anamocity towards the storyline coming from some people. rimnet00
Nah. I think that stupidness was just limited to a System Wars thread :P

I've not heard anything else like what I saw in that thread.

HarlockJC

Indeed.

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 rimnet00
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]

Planet Xbox360 review

HarlockJC

Dude... the controls were great in the game, and the graphics were amazing as well. I think these guys were just looking for a reason to dock it. This is one of the most fluid games I have played. Whatever, I guess this will probably go down as a "love it hate it" game.

nicenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 nicenator
Member since 2005 • 1938 Posts
Wow, one of the few times im glad a game went multiplat. Im sure its still a great experience and a great game, but if this was a PS3 exclusive, imagine the carnage with all the hype its been getting...
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 HarlockJC

Wow, one of the few times im glad a game went multiplat. Im sure its still a great experience and a great game, but if this was a PS3 exclusive, imagine the carnage with all the hype its been getting...nicenator

LOL...That the way to put a postive spin on things

Jockss2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Jockss2
Member since 2003 • 487 Posts
is the game out today or is it actually coming out tomorrow and just shipping today
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

is the game out today or is it actually coming out tomorrow and just shipping todayJockss2

My store (In Atlanta) won't receive it until tomorrow. :(

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

ironcreed

Huh? The game obviously has a few quite severe issues with the game design. From what I can tell so far it's the 10/10 guys that are being way too lenient.