Ocarina of Time 3DS and Majora's Mask 3DS Switch ports yay or nay?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Would love them. I like the DS for playing pocket games like Pokemon even ALBW to a lesser extent but for a full-blown adventure game like Ocarina of Time I'd rather have a 1080p big screen. So would you say yay to a Switch port of these games or nay?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@Juub1990: Yay, but at 60fps of course. ;)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#3 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

Eh... one thing I don't like much about MM 3D is that parts of it felt like a George Lucas Altered Edition.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Eh... one thing I don't like much about MM 3D is that parts of it felt like a George Lucas Altered Edition.

Yeah. Heard they switched up a few things that made the game somewhat easier but more manageable.

t0rtured0ct0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 t0rtured0ct0r
Member since 2017 • 20 Posts

I wish you get those games and the old Pokémon games on the Switch. Any word on this from Nintendo?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nintendoboy16

@Juub1990 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Yeah. Heard they switched up a few things that made the game somewhat easier but more manageable.

Well, the only change I really DID like was early saving, because not saving until Link changes back and has his sword is total freaking bullshit! Other than that, some of the changes were not for the best.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Well, the only change I really DID like was early saving, because not saving until Link changes back and has his sword is total freaking bullshit! Other than that, some of the changes were not for the best.

Which is why I always prefer the original versions to be a lot better then the new versions. Take Mario 64 for example.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I wouldn't be against it, but these games were designed around the N64 controller and they have never felt right to me when trying to play them without a N64 controller, so I don't know if I would buy them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Yep. Definitive versions, especially Ocarina (Majora had some changes that are more love them or hate them, Ocarina is indisputably better on 3DS).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69462 Posts

A game recycled for the third time is a winner.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Instead of you sheep asking for some sort of new AAA IP from Nintendo that they have all the talent in the world you asking about 20 years old remakes ?

Youre crazy ! No here. I want Nintendo to focus on new experiences

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

Meh. Honestly the 3DS versions are already great and I would rather they put that talent elsewhere. As much as I love LoZ (it's my favorite series of all time) re-releasing a game that has already been done numerous times; The virtual console editions, Master Quest on GameCube, and the 3DS versions just seems like wasted time that could be spent on other titles. I would probably buy them if they did, but I want new IPs.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I don't know man, that moon in Majora's Mask kinda creeps me out.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

I think the aged graphics and simple geometry of the levels suit themselves better for a smaller screen. Although admittedly the shoulder buttons on the 3ds weren't good, it seemed the pen driven games operated alot better.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#15  Edited By GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

it's a bad idea

I'm not a huge fan of remakes, and these games have been remade enough as it is. Remake something like Mario Sunshine instead

And spend a little extra to make Sunshine a better game. There's lots to love about it, but some rough edges as well

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

MMMMMM............recycled games on the most powerful handheld ever.

Stunning.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Eh, I thought the games were fine on the 3DS already. If we are going to see more ports and remakes on the Switch, I'd rather see other games get the treatment.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Ehhh? I mean, it wouldn't mean much. The graphics would only be slightly better. And they'd probably lose some of the cool features the 3DS has (e.g. Second screen).

I dunno. If they did it of course I'd buy them because I'm a whore for these games but ehhh. Not necessary. I'd rather see 'Super Mario Sunshine' remastered for Swiarch instead!

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

YAY for a switch port :), I don't care about the graphics, I just care about how awesome the game play is from these zelda games.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

I certainly wouldn't say no...

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22673 Posts

Two of hundreds of legacy games I want on my switch.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Complete remakes of course.

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

I was always disappointed the OOT and MM remakes were on such a small screen, would love to have them on a big screen. It's a big motivator for me to get a 3DS hdmi mod going.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61479 Posts

Hell yeah. In fact, i'd take a number of 3DS->Switch games, because I missed out on a number of them. I've been meaning to pick up another 3DS but I always forget.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

If they were sold together as one for £30 and look decent enough, then yea I'd love that.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendoboy16

@storm_of_swords said:

I wouldn't be against it, but these games were designed around the N64 controller and they have never felt right to me when trying to play them without a N64 controller, so I don't know if I would buy them.

Eh, the only game that had a truly flawed translation from the N64 to others was Sin and Punishment. Most everything else did fine.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

I bought a 3DS for Ocarina Of Time..... it's amazing in 3D.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nintendoboy16

@AzatiS said:

Instead of you sheep asking for some sort of new AAA IP from Nintendo that they have all the talent in the world you asking about 20 years old remakes ?

What, new experiences that you can still laugh at and jab at sheep for buying? You're fooling no one.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AzatiS

@nintendoboy16 said:
@AzatiS said:

What, new experiences that you can still laugh at and jab at sheep for buying? You're fooling no one.

Yeah , because i congratulated Zelda BOTW of being AAAA in my eyes , because i embraced games like SM64 like very few before it and because i still think Gamecube one of the best consoles out there ( for its time even ).

Im more honest and true that you all sheep combined. Sorry but you need to understand that someday.

Im asking about new AAA Ips from Nintendo since early days of Wii U , is not something new to me. They have so much talent that is going wasted to play safe. It works and its fine with games like kart or main mario or zelda etc. But why not try something new once in a while and introduce more options and variety into their AAA games library ?

Isnt that better than see 2 new ports of 20 years old games. Deep inside you you know you agree with me.

And im not jabbing any sheep. Im speaking the truth which makes sheep feel like they are jabbed

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@AzatiS: Splatoon and ARMS say high. Both amazing new IPs that Nintendo has so gracefully blessed us with. Plus Nintendo paid other companies to give us new IPs. Nintendo cant do it all, but if they cant, no one can. Theyre the gods of gaming.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nintendoboy16

@AzatiS said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@AzatiS said:

Yeah , because i congratulated Zelda BOTW of being AAAA in my eyes , because i embraced games like SM64 like very few before it and because i still think Gamecube one of the best consoles out there ( for its time even ).

Im more honest and true that you all sheep combined. Sorry but you need to understand that someday.

Im asking about new AAA Ips from Nintendo since early days of Wii U , is not something new to me. They have so much talent that is going wasted to play safe. It works and its fine with games like kart or main mario or zelda etc. But why not try something new once in a while and introduce more options and variety into their AAA games library ?

Isnt that better than see 2 new ports of 20 years old games. Deep inside you you know you agree with me.

And im not jabbing any sheep. Im speaking the truth which makes sheep feel like they are jabbed

"Oh, but I like one, two things from Nintendo..." Dude, that excuse didn't work on another poster who did the same thing when New Nintendo 2DS was announced (hint: he had a Hiroshi Yamauchi avatar to further show what a "true" Nintendo fan he is, besides spamming his collection in our faces). We know your posts. Again, fooling no one.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AzatiS

@iandizion713 said:

@AzatiS: Splatoon and ARMS say high. Both amazing new IPs that Nintendo has so gracefully blessed us with. Plus Nintendo paid other companies to give us new IPs. Nintendo cant do it all, but if they cant, no one can. Theyre the gods of gaming.

Splatoon and ARMs AAA new IPs like mario main series or Zelda ? Yeah, ok. Youre on point of what im talking of.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By iandizion713

@AzatiS: They are. And theyre amazing. Not only that, but they are different. No the same boring dudebro shit.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AzatiS

@nintendoboy16 said:
@AzatiS said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@AzatiS said:

"Oh, but I like one, two things from Nintendo..." Dude, that excuse didn't work on another poster who did the same thing when New Nintendo 2DS was announced (hint: he had a Hiroshi Yamauchi avatar to further show what a "true" Nintendo fan he is, besides spamming his collection in our faces). We know your posts. Again, fooling no one.

Two ? Way more than two and i have proof of that which the other poster you talking about have none which most probably was a troller.

I praised SM64 like very few games before thru the years. So i did for Gamecube and some of its exclusives , so i did for SNES and some of its games , so for original Gameboy. You talking nonsense right you know that ? If i was a hater or something would i say Zelda BOTW can be one of the best Zelda ever before its release ? Would i say that Switch can do really good for X and Z reasons before its release ? Would i go to Zelda BOTW official hype thread and say what i said ? I dont think so.

Im saying this to you that youre legit gamer even as sheep and not that blind. Truth is truth. I said that you all sheep should be asking something better from a super talented developer than 20 years old ports. If that statement i made is something that makes you butthurt for whatever reason while in the end of the day deep inside you , you agree with me, its not on me.

As i said " Everyone wants the truth but noones wants to be honest ". So be honest and accept that what i said is far more ideal for you Nintendo fans and stop talking about this irrelevant to what i said. Stop seeing enemies everywhere based on some truth.

What there is between me and some sheep that are not genuine at all or sensitive or "snitches" ( with or without "") shouldnt get into you as well.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iandizion713

@AzatiS: We should ask for something better than the greatest game ever made in history of gaming? LOL

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Why the **** not. I'd like all Nintendo games on Switch, including the library of DS, 3DS, GameCube, Wii, Wii-U and what have you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

As long as it doesn't intrude on the development of new games, why not?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@AzatiS: The team who worked on the 3DS remakes, Grezzo, are a team dedicated to making smaller projects. Nintendo won't be giving them the resources to make AAA productions any time soon. Their last game, Ever Oasis was probably their biggest game from what is a relatively new studio.

Nintendo have many little studios and teams like this that work on solely smaller or mid-range projects so that their other teams can focus on bigger, longer productions.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AzatiS

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS: The team who worked on the 3DS remakes, Grezzo, are a team dedicated to making smaller projects. Nintendo won't be giving them the resources to make AAA productions any time soon. Their last game, Ever Oasis was probably their biggest game from what is a relatively new studio.

Nintendo have many little studios and teams like this that work on solely smaller or mid-range projects so that their other teams can focus on bigger, longer productions.

Im not against ports im against Nintendo not trying new AAA IPs more than they doing when they are that talented overall.

If they want to make the next Zelda or something theyll find big teams and they will focus on bigger and longer productions. Thats the case if they ever decide to produce a new AAA IP for Switch

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I only want these games via the VC, if Nintendo ever gets their ass in gear.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@AzatiS:I think the biggest teams they have in terms of production are the Mario and Zelda team. The Mario team, as we know are working on Mario Odyssey and Aonuma's team is finishing up with Breath of the Wild (Assuming that the DLC is still in production).

Other big money makers for Nintendo are the Animal Crossing Team and Mario Kart team who have both been busy with Splatoon 2 and ARMS development respectively. Other studios Nintendo have are Monolith Soft, who are working on Xenoblade 2, Metroid Prime 4 which is being worked on by a new team and Intelligent Systems who are making a Fire Emblem title for Switch. Then you have the smaller teams like the Epic Yarn/Woolly World team who are working on the new Yoshi game. Not sure who is doing the Kirby game. Don't really follow the Kirby dev team's work.

I guess the big question is what this new game from the talented Retro Studios is. Supposedly they are working on a new fantasy-themed IP but details are completely scarce right now. All we know is that they aren't doing Metroid Prime 4.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

Yay. Yay. Yay. Absolutely yay

Honestly, they should just port OOT, MM, along with WWHD, TPHD and create Skyward Sword HD. Then, along with Breath of the wild, we'd have all the 3D Zelda games (physically) all on ONE system, which we play anywhere.

The idea of that is freaking awesome.