R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

Honestly, the more I keep hearing about this game, the more excited I become.

It has something very unique going on, which for a horror game is always a plus.

How AI thriller Observation is the spiritual successor to Alien: Isolation

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69776 Posts

Sigh. Is really that hard to have meaningful representation of gameplay for games these days in their trailers? WTF are gamers supposed to be left with after watching this?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10481 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Honestly, the more I keep hearing about this game, the more excited I become.

It has something very unique going on, which for a horror game is always a plus.

How AI thriller Observation is the spiritual successor to Alien: Isolation

Loading Video...

i'd never heard of this before.

While Observation is not at all like Alien: Isolation mechanically...

this bit is a little disappointing.

that's what i loved so much about alien isolation. the stealth / cat and mouse mechanics were the perfect match for the premise of being stranded on a space station with a lethal killing machine and an army of rogue ai synthetics. atmospherically it's one of the best games i've ever played.

you play as SAM, an orbital space station's advanced artificial intelligence that has suddenly become self-aware...

The game is viewed through cameras that litter the station, which you can remotely control....

many of the people who've worked on Observation also worked on Alien: Isolation. And with no proper Isolation sequel planned, this might be the closest we'll get.

but this stuff is encouraging. cheers for the heads up. it's officially on my radar

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Looks neat... I never played Alien Iso, but it seems to get a lot of praise around here. I even have the game in my Steam library.

Im pretty sure I was just coming off my playthrough of Outlast and I got tired of the hide and seek mechanic by the end. Great game but I could not have my next game be another one where the main play-style is hiding in lockers. Its been a while, so maybe I should go back and give Alien an install... with some fresh legs.

EDIT: This also looks like a successor to SOMA with the AI hook.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts
@Macutchi said:

i'd never heard of this before.

While Observation is not at all like Alien: Isolation mechanically...

this bit is a little disappointing.

that's what i loved so much about alien isolation. the stealth / cat and mouse mechanics were the perfect match for the premise of being stranded on a space station with a lethal killing machine and an army of rogue ai synthetics. atmospherically it's one of the best games i've ever played.

you play as SAM, an orbital space station's advanced artificial intelligence that has suddenly become self-aware...

The game is viewed through cameras that litter the station, which you can remotely control....

many of the people who've worked on Observation also worked on Alien: Isolation. And with no proper Isolation sequel planned, this might be the closest we'll get.

but this stuff is encouraging. cheers for the heads up. it's officially on my radar

Yeah ok, I'll admit it was kind of a catchy headline, referring to Alien :P

But the game has something really unique going on. It's supposed to be more like 2001: a space odyssey, where you control a space station AI.

@enzyme36 said:

Looks neat... I never played Alien Iso, but it seems to get a lot of praise around here. I even have the game in my Steam library.

Im pretty sure I was just coming off my playthrough of Outlast and I got tired of the hide and seek mechanic by the end. Great game but I could not have my next game be another one where the main play-style is hiding in lockers. Its been a while, so maybe I should go back and give Alien an install... with some fresh legs.

EDIT: This also looks like a successor to SOMA with the AI hook.

Oh man, SOMA was such a good game. I'm not even big on horror.

SOMA to me was a life changing experience, I really loved the subjects it brought up. And it's a game I often think about to this day.