Oblivion on PS3 has no AA, full of jaggies, 360 gets the better far textures too

This topic is locked from further discussion.

avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 avenger_dot
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

...so 360 version gets the best from PS3 one, but PS3 will not get AA like 360 one, nor all DL content

So, PS3 Oblivion is the laughable version

alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts

...so 360 version gets the best from PS3 one, but PS3 will not get AA like 360 one, nor all DL content

avenger_dot

it doesnt get dl because it come free with it aswell as an additional expansion pack and better textures

+, no link surprising..

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

Wow, its true that no 360 fan will every say "yeah ps3 matched and exceeded oblivion and when we get our update we can all play on the same level game."

you need to take a break

Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

avenger_dot

If you keep telling yourself that enough you will actually smart to believe it.

CelineDion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CelineDion
Member since 2002 • 5972 Posts

IGN apparently disagrees.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Dude just stop.....:| Both versions are great DEAL WITH IT!!!!! u are getting really annoying...
ihatebugers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 ihatebugers
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts
The PS3 Oblivion has everything up to and including the Knights of Nine expansion.
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
Gosh, you guys are both wrong. Don't even no why I go to system wars anymore, its a place full of rumors and fanboys! The ps3 is not getting all the extras the 360 got, They will receive Knights of The nine, and thats it! The 360 will get the graphical update via xbox live!
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kahuna_1

Dude just stop.....:| Both versions are great DEAL WITH IT!!!!! u are getting really annoying...Giancar

exactly, he just doesnt want to admit that the ps3 exceeded a 360 game.

Ngon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ngon
Member since 2004 • 2782 Posts

CelineDion

I rather take ign words over a fanboy.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kahuna_1

Gosh, you guys are both wrong. Don't even no why I go to system wars anymore, its a place full of rumors and fanboys! The ps3 is not getting all the extras the 360 got, They will receive Knights of The nine, and thats it! The 360 will get the graphical update via xbox live! Cubs360

people say it comes with the expansion, idk if i can trust someone named Cubs360, im Cubs fan but the 360 cancels that out

jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jxditu
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts

Wow, its true that no 360 fan will every say "yeah ps3 matched and exceeded oblivion and when we get our update we can all play on the same level game."

you need to take a break

Kahuna_1
if they came out the same time then ok but we are talking about a year difference with the same game. i would expect something to be different. but if it doesnt look and feel better then whats the point? its the same game a year later.
jd7-03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 jd7-03
Member since 2003 • 6140 Posts
Who cares, PS3 owners are getting a port of game that us 360 owners have been playing since last year.
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cubs360
The PS3 Oblivion has everything up to and including the Knights of Nine expansion.ihatebugers
This is where you are wrong, its only getting the Knights of the Nine, nothing more!
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 avenger_dot
[QUOTE="avenger_dot"]

alex1889

it doesnt get dl because it come free with it aswell as an additional expansion pack and better textures

+, no link surprising..

Better textures comes on 360 too, PS3 does NOT get all DL content at once, meaning you can't have it all at once on the game, and guess what, you forgot it does not get AA as 360 does

1Up is the sourse, you can find it in 10 other threads killing the "PS3 Oblivion looks better" rumor

iwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iwo4life
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts

avenger_dot
You should check out IGN's latest preview of a new build of the game. Other than a few missing features that were delivered in the form of downloaded content on the 360 the PS3 version is looking to be better than the 360 version. "The PS3 version of Oblivion isn't a simple port of the game either, although players who have picked up the 360 version will be very familiar with the control scheme. For one thing, the PS3 version has been optimized to take advantage of the Cell processor and hardware that the system offers. As a result, the game runs a lot faster than the 360 build. Entering dungeons or buildings results in a load of 3-5 seconds, compared to the 7-10 seconds or longer for the 360 version of the game. Similarly, the amount of framerate drops or hitches that cropped up in the wilderness as you accessed a new area on the 360 have been substantially reduced on the PS3 version. There is a plan to completely eradicate these issues as the game nears release, as well as fixing a number of bugs that were present in the other builds. Kiss the item duplication glitch goodbye." Here is a link. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/762/762108p1.html
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
better textures??? You mean the ones that look like n64 graphics when you look at them from more than 5 feet away from it when your in the game??? Ever look at the stuff in the distance???
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
So what if the PS3 version is slightly prettier, its the same game I already played! and the 360 getting the graphical updates in an update does matter. oh and the slightly better load times? cmon, how is a few seconds gonna change the way you play oblivion? 
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Who cares, PS3 owners are getting a port of game that us 360 owners have been playing since last year. jd7-03
a lot of ps3 owners that think oblivion is a great game, but haven't had the chance to play it due multiple reasons....
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chrismunx
Member since 2003 • 3964 Posts

The PS3 Oblivion has everything up to and including the Knights of Nine expansion.ihatebugers

I don't think every DLC will be available. It's still in talks what goes and what doesn't go.

avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 avenger_dot

better textures??? You mean the ones that look like n64 graphics when you look at them from more than 5 feet away from it when your in the game??? Ever look at the stuff in the distance???ChipmunkDeluxe

Not again, 360 gets the same treat as PS3 through Live, those textures will not look like that anymore !!!

BUT PS3 will not get AA, so it simply looses

From 1up's own Garnet Lee:

"I played the PS3 version at the same event as Shivering Isles, and I'll just say that IGN's PS3 channel states things more strongly than I would. Sure, the lack of antialiasing makes a big difference. Will you like it? That's going to be a personal preference thing. Used to be that without antialiasing everything looked distractingly jagged. The jaggies are still there, but there's enough detail in the geometry that you don't have those long sides of polygons that really looked so awful, and the tradeoff is that without the edges being smoothed out, you get that sharp look.

As someone already pointed out the new shader code is going to be added to the 360 version in a live update. It makes a nice difference, eliminating that over-bright washed out look the distant backgrounds would get. The loading times I can't comment on because I wasn't timing them. Both have loads long enough that you can't help but notice.

The DLC thing had nothing to do with hard drive space. It's a matter of how much can be loaded into the physical memory of the hardware. They want to do some DLC on PS3; from what we talked about it sounds like they will pick a selection of what's come out on 360 and make it available on PS3. And keep in mind that Shivering Isles was only announced for PC and 360. Who knows whether it will ever find it's way to PS3."

The PS3 editors over at IGN were a tad over-zealous. BUT it's a great game and I hope PS3 owners are ready to have their lives sucked from them.

iwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 iwo4life
So what if the PS3 version is slightly prettier, its the same game I already played! and the 360 getting the graphical updates in an update does matter. oh and the slightly better load times? cmon, how is a few seconds gonna change the way you play oblivion? Film-Guy
Then why have the fanboy xbots been crying about the speed of the blu-ray drive. Its funny how the PS3 version would load faster.
Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

CelineDion

Who to believe IGN :roll: or AVENGER DOT   :D

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

The PS3 version is the after shot.

/thread

Paul_TheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Paul_TheGreat
Member since 2004 • 9085 Posts
Have you read Gamespot's preview of the PS3 version.
LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts
exactly when is this so called update going to be released for the 360? I want! I want!
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 avenger_dot

/thread

-Spock-

Link ? Where are those pics from ?

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

/thread

avenger_dot

It's just a gif someone made by splicing together the 360 screenshot and its new PS3 equivalent. Don't tell me you don't believe a game with a year extra dev time looks worse...:roll:
iwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 iwo4life

[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]better textures??? You mean the ones that look like n64 graphics when you look at them from more than 5 feet away from it when your in the game??? Ever look at the stuff in the distance???avenger_dot

Not again, 360 gets the same treat as PS3 through Live, those textures will not look like that anymore !!!

BUT PS3 will not get AA, so it simply looses

From 1up's own Garnet Lee:

"I played the PS3 version at the same event as Shivering Isles, and I'll just say that IGN's PS3 channel states things more strongly than I would. Sure, the lack of antialiasing makes a big difference. Will you like it? That's going to be a personal preference thing. Used to be that without antialiasing everything looked distractingly jagged. The jaggies are still there, but there's enough detail in the geometry that you don't have those long sides of polygons that really looked so awful, and the tradeoff is that without the edges being smoothed out, you get that sharp look.

As someone already pointed out the new shader code is going to be added to the 360 version in a live update. It makes a nice difference, eliminating that over-bright washed out look the distant backgrounds would get. The loading times I can't comment on because I wasn't timing them. Both have loads long enough that you can't help but notice.

The DLC thing had nothing to do with hard drive space. It's a matter of how much can be loaded into the physical memory of the hardware. They want to do some DLC on PS3; from what we talked about it sounds like they will pick a selection of what's come out on 360 and make it available on PS3. And keep in mind that Shivering Isles was only announced for PC and 360. Who knows whether it will ever find it's way to PS3."

The PS3 editors over at IGN were a tad over-zealous. BUT it's a great game and I hope PS3 owners are ready to have their lives sucked from them.

Personally I trust IGN over the xbots at 1UP. They have been anti PS3 since the price was announced. From what I have seen the AA doesn't make much of a difference and the textures in the PS3 version look superior to the 360 version. You can keep horse armor. I would rather see concrete that looks pitted than concrete that is just a smooth surface.
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

i gotta say u are pretty ignorant ign and gamespot have already confirmed that the ps3 verison loads betters, has better textures, has a better draw distance and has almost no frame rate problems

the ps3 verison is better in almost every way

btw even the biased guys at 1up admit this of course unlike ign and gs who say the ps3 verions is much better 1up guys just say its better but not noticeably so

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
the game will be boring on every platform...
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
the game will be boring on every platform...danneswegman

lol /thread
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 avenger_dot
[QUOTE="avenger_dot"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

/thread

-Spock-

It's just a gif someone made by splicing together the 360 screenshot and its new PS3 equivalent. Don't tell me you don't believe a game with a year extra dev time looks worse...:roll:

Link ?

How did he take those pics from the exact same spot and camera is beyond me, but if those are not on PC in different settings, would be good news for PS3, if that patch for 360 doesn ot make it look that way

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cubs360
[QUOTE="avenger_dot"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

/thread

-Spock-

This is a PC Mod, don't lie!
Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 Norg
Member since 2002 • 15959 Posts
Were did u pick up your crystal ball ??????
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
[QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="avenger_dot"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

/thread

Cubs360

yeah, it's fake.
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cubs360

/thread

Cubs360

And where the heck did you get that screen, nobody has released that screen on ps3! Such a Lie, I can't even recall the 360 version looking that colorless and drab, This is definately a PC screen somebody took!
Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#38 Oemenia
Member since 2003 • 10416 Posts
Cows brag about the LOD replacement that i have been playing with on my PC for over a year = \ And also, the 360 is getting an update for it :lol:
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]So what if the PS3 version is slightly prettier, its the same game I already played! and the 360 getting the graphical updates in an update does matter. oh and the slightly better load times? cmon, how is a few seconds gonna change the way you play oblivion? iwo4life
Then why have the fanboy xbots been crying about the speed of the blu-ray drive. Its funny how the PS3 version would load faster.

Didnt they have to install part of the game on the PS3 to decrease load times? i heard that somewhere. also, slightly faster load times dont change the game for me, a few extra seconds of waiting wont kill you.
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 avenger_dot

I was just tempted to spend 1200$ on a new pc ....

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts

CelineDion

LOL Took the words right out of my mouth.  IGN said that as far as visuals, it's almost up  there with the PC version.  I'm too lazy to link.  Just check it out.

ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
[QUOTE="Cubs360"][QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="avenger_dot"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

/thread

danneswegman

yeah, it's fake.

even so...its kind of sad that you people cant accept the fact that the ps3 version will have better graphics and overall run better....THEY HAD A YEAR TO WORK ON IT!!! and ps3 is capable of slightly better graphics than 360 anyway..not by much, but you cant deny that.. you fanboys are all idiots..delusional people aggravate me..
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 avenger_dot
[QUOTE="CelineDion"]

CR00K

LOL Took the words right out of my mouth.  IGN said that as far as visuals, it's almost up  there with the PC version.  I'm too lazy to link.  Just check it out.

The problem is that PS3 version has only two pics on IGN, and both look craptastic, no AA, FULL of jaggies, rocks worst than 360 ones, grass is blurry and textures about the same, and still 360 receives the texture upgrade too

Goo luck with no AA, and nothing better than 360, whatever IGN might say, its OWN pics makes it obsolete, and the pacth for 360 makes it even better for 360

iwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 iwo4life
[QUOTE="iwo4life"][QUOTE="Film-Guy"]So what if the PS3 version is slightly prettier, its the same game I already played! and the 360 getting the graphical updates in an update does matter. oh and the slightly better load times? cmon, how is a few seconds gonna change the way you play oblivion? Film-Guy

Didnt they have to install part of the game on the PS3 to decrease load times? i heard that somewhere. also, slightly faster load times dont change the game for me, a few extra seconds of waiting wont kill you.

Its at least an option and an improvement. I still cant figure out why MS decided to offer a version of the 360 that doesn't have a HDD. Its a step backwards from the previous XBOX. Not to mention that 20Gb drives are pretty cheap.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

/thread

Cubs360

It is a PC mod.