Oblivion on PS3 getting Shivering Isles??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Bleach_is_basic
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bleach_is_basic
Member since 2002 • 3020 Posts
So there's a lot of discussion about Oblivion360 vs OblivionPS3...allow me to throw my hat into the ring: Any one know if the PS3 is going to be getting the Shivering Isles expansion? The IGN preview stated that the PS3 version would only come with Knights of the Nine, and that there weren't plans to make additional content available to PS3 owners. The Elderscrolls.com website states that Shivering Isles is only coming out for PC and 360. So anyone have more information regarding this? I saw a preview of Shivering Isle and it looks really dope. I'll definitely be getting this for my Oblivion. It adds 25-30 hours of gameplay, that's like getting a whole new game! Anyways, IMHO all the talk about whose shader is better and who has the shortest load times is mute if the PS3 can't get this cool content. Thoughts?
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
[QUOTE="Bleach_is_basic"] Anyways, IMHO all the talk about whose shader is better and who has the shortest load times is mute if the PS3 can't get this cool content. Thoughts?

Thank god someone has a brain. The only way I think one could justify the PS3 version as better than the 360 is if it had user created content available.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
[QUOTE="Bleach_is_basic"]So there's a lot of discussion about Oblivion360 vs OblivionPS3...allow me to throw my hat into the ring: Any one know if the PS3 is going to be getting the Shivering Isles expansion? The IGN preview stated that the PS3 version would only come with Knights of the Nine, and that there weren't plans to make additional content available to PS3 owners. The Elderscrolls.com website states that Shivering Isles is only coming out for PC and 360. So anyone have more information regarding this? I saw a preview of Shivering Isle and it looks really dope. I'll definitely be getting this for my Oblivion. It adds 25-30 hours of gameplay, that's like getting a whole new game! Anyways, IMHO all the talk about whose shader is better and who has the shortest load times is mute if the PS3 can't get this cool content. Thoughts?

This expansion, looks like one thing that can redeem Oblivion. More interesting environments, weapons, the ability to create your gate keeper, meeting a deity in Oblivion face to face.....
halfnaked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 halfnaked
Member since 2005 • 1450 Posts
i doubt it bethesda is cheap
Zero-G_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zero-G_basic
Member since 2002 • 1879 Posts
i doubt it bethesda is cheaphalfnaked
Yea i see cows don't wanna touch this subject. Is it me but does it seem that every game that came to xbox360 then later ported to ps3 seem to have a sacrifice situation?
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
http://ps3.qj.net/Bethesda-takes-you-to-the-Shivering-Isles/pg/49/aid/81879
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts
As it stands, the game is fairly empty (and relatively short, for an Elder Scrolls game). Shivering Isles could fix that, but if the PS3 doesn't get it...

Either way, I couldn't care less. I already payed Bethesda enough money for that half-finished pile'o'crap Oblivion. I'll pass on this one - especially if there aren't any new features.
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bleach_is_basic
http://ps3.qj.net/Bethesda-takes-you-to-the-Shivering-Isles/pg/49/aid/81879DXGreat1_HGL
Interesting. It doesn't specifically say that Shivering Isles is coming to the PS3. Bethesda's own site mentions nothing about a version for the PS3. Hopefully PS3 folks will be able to get this though, it looks kick ass.
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 avenger_dot
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]http://ps3.qj.net/Bethesda-takes-you-to-the-Shivering-Isles/pg/49/aid/81879Bleach_is_basic
Interesting. It doesn't specifically say that Shivering Isles is coming to the PS3. Bethesda's own site mentions nothing about a version for the PS3. Hopefully PS3 folks will be able to get this though, it looks kick ass.

They will, i think it was confirmed

terry_tate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 terry_tate
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts

[QUOTE="Bleach_is_basic"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]http://ps3.qj.net/Bethesda-takes-you-to-the-Shivering-Isles/pg/49/aid/81879avenger_dot

Confirmed when? Nowhere in that link does it specify that its coming to ps3.

avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 avenger_dot
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts
[QUOTE="avenger_dot"]

[QUOTE="Bleach_is_basic"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]http://ps3.qj.net/Bethesda-takes-you-to-the-Shivering-Isles/pg/49/aid/81879terry_tate

Confirmed when? Nowhere in that link does it specify that its coming to ps3.

it is all around the net, but it could be false too, i am having my doubts too now, after that 1UP write up

alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts

As it stands, the game is fairly empty (and relatively short, for an Elder Scrolls game). Shivering Isles could fix that, but if the PS3 doesn't get it...

Either way, I couldn't care less. I already payed Bethesda enough money for that half-finished pile'o'crap Oblivion. I'll pass on this one - especially if there aren't any new features.
Planeforger

i thought oblivion rocked :o

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Not pretty sure... But it if it doesn't come with the game it will come in a couple of months for the ps3 They are not Santa, u know
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bleach_is_basic
[QUOTE="Giancar"]Not pretty sure... But it if it doesn't come with the game it will come in a couple of months for the ps3 They are not Santa, u know

Well it's definitely NOT coming with the game. We know that for sure. Oblivion(PS3) releases in March I believe and Shivering Isles comes some time after that. Also it's been confirmed that the only extra content that the PS3 version will ship with is Knights of the Nine. No word if any additional content will be available at a later date. 1up.com made it sound like additional content would NOT be available for the PS3 and the IGN.com preview alludes to that a little bit as well.
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chrismunx
Member since 2003 • 3964 Posts
PS3 version does get Knights of Nine with it but from what I understand, Shivering Isles is PC and 360 for now. I guess sales will determin if it goes to the PS3. Which if that were the case, it ain't happening.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
    I have heard only confirmation about the 360 and PC getting this. I am not saying this means the PS3 won't, but last I heard there was no word yet.
Turismo202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Turismo202
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts
This topic is awesome
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

This topic is awesomeTurismo202

why the necro-threading?

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
it could be risky
agentzero23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 agentzero23
Member since 2008 • 921 Posts

This topic is awesomeTurismo202

Bumping old threads must be cool now ;)

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
isnt their a rule on year old thread's being bumped?
Truth-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Truth-slayer
Member since 2004 • 2510 Posts

it could be riskynaruto7777
It would be if it didnt already happen almost 9 months ago.

Also is Sept 6th the Night of the Living Thread?