nxgamer showing fallout runs better on xbox one?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

https://youtube.com/watch?v=W2OQ-1TSz-M

Link to video

141frames dropped on ps4

Can somebody link for me

41dropped on xbone...

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Interesting I'll have to check out the video. He does some great work it seems. I found his video for adjusting display settings for getting the best picture possible very helpful (which seems like some people could use after seeing the Fallout 4 color thread).

harrygooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 harrygooch
Member since 2015 • 282 Posts

I have aboit 10 hour in on xbox one. Not a single noticeable drop in framerate. And most importantly battles are smoothe. Unlike the ps4 with its choppy battles which kills the flow and mood of the game.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

I've been playing it on PS4, and I've noticed a couple of dips. The experience, however, has been mostly stable. Can't speak for Xbox One as I haven't played it there.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Breaking news: Fallout 4 running like crap on both consoles

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Bethesda games run like shit for Sony. It doesn't help that the PS4 has a CPU bottleneck that could choke a donkey.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Confirmed better on current gen 8 console leader PS4.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Good to see the Xbox One hold it's own yet again, even though the game is a piece of crap running at times below 30fps.

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

Got the Xbox version for the free fallout three and mod support.

It runs like shit. Indoors is OK but go anywhere with a long distance view and it crawls to about 15 frames.

Yes it does stop for an entire second as reported. Hopefully it is patched soon.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

Frame rate drops happen consistently on each system, work-arounds that reduce the issue involve getting a better HDD to reduce load times, like 7200RPM HDDs or solid state drives. That's just a temporary performance edge but doesn't eliminate the problem. These hiccups happen in the same places each time and I imagine they'll be patched to reduce its prevalence.

Digital Foundry already mentioned this first battle with the deathclaw as being an area where the XBO nails a solid 30fps and PS4 dips, where PS4 has an advantage over XBO is it doesn't dip as hard (but still dips) during those hiccup sections that consistently happen in the same spots when going into new areas. Personally, I'd rathe rhave one lousy fight that to have such sever dips the rest of the game, but surely this will all get patched while I'm playing Tomb Raider (I hope). I just hope I get to the game in time to exploit the infinite bottle caps glitch.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

I watched the video somewhat and heard him see he analyzed 17K frames. That's about 9 minutes worth of gameplay. I don't think that's enough to make an informed report to be honest. He hasn't gone to densely populated areas like Diamond City yet, like DF does.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@harrygooch said:

I have aboit 10 hour in on xbox one. Not a single noticeable drop in framerate. And most importantly battles are smoothe. which kills the flow and mood of the game.

How do you know? Did you buy two copies of the game and play it on both your Xbox and your PS4?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zero_epyon

@kwns said:

Digital Foundry exposed delighted. They have been pushing the PS4 way too much in their writing to be considered neutral. They even spend their time on Neogaf loving the feedback from PS4 fanboys.

Exposed how? What were they exposed doing?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zero_epyon

DF - "Until Dawn Averages 20 FPS"

Lems - "HAHA PS4 is weak!"

DF - "Assassin's Creed gives about 3 frames better on average on the Xbox One"

Lems - "Dat CPU on the XBox One though"

DF - "Witcher 3 shows some performance problems in some areas for the PS4, but runs at a higher resolution"

Lems - "PS4 shows it's weakness once again!"

DF- "Xbox One performs slightly worse, although both platforms suffer from drops. Weird stutter glitch on Xbox One"

Lems - "DF is biased and have been exposed for the neogaf, Sony, PS4 lovers they are by a random youtuber!"

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

It's so fucking funny how delusional people are, defending a game with a ton of bugs because it gets maybe 3 FPS more on a specific console at a given time, but runs like shit for both in many areas because it's not finished properly.

It's funny how reliably Bethesda puts out unfinished games, on a old engine as well, I don't see what the excuse is.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@ten_pints said:

It's so fucking funny how delusional people are, defending a game with a ton of bugs because it gets maybe 3 FPS more on a specific console at a given time, but runs like shit for both in many areas because it's not finished properly.

It's funny how reliably Bethesda puts out unfinished games, on a old engine as well, I don't see what the excuse is.

This. They spent 5 years working on an old engine and this is the best we get HAHAHA, Joke of a company. Frame rate is the least of this games problems.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

DF - "Witcher 3 shows some performance problems in some areas for the PS4, but runs at a higher resolution"

DF- "Xbox One performs slightly worse, although both platforms suffer from drops. Weird stutter glitch on Xbox One"

Lems - "DF is biased and have been exposed for the neogaf, Sony, PS4 lovers they are by a random youtuber!"

Seriously are you for real dude ?.. nice try tho.. just showing you aint any better, not that you said otherwise..

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#20 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

@harrygooch said:

I have aboit 10 hour in on xbox one. Not a single noticeable drop in framerate. And most importantly battles are smoothe. Unlike the ps4 with its choppy battles which kills the flow and mood of the game.

Indeed.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zero_epyon

@Strutten said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Seriously are you for real dude ?.. nice try tho.. just showing you aint any better, not that you said otherwise..

?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zero_epyon

@kwns said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kwns said:

Digital Foundry exposed delighted. They have been pushing the PS4 way too much in their writing to be considered neutral. They even spend their time on Neogaf loving the feedback from PS4 fanboys.

Claiming the PS4 was the smoother version with better frame rates. NXGAMER clearly shows in his video the drops are worse on PS4, it starts dropping at very start of the game and throughout. DF is pushing the PS4 version because they know who their audience is and who clicks on to their site.

He hasn't played through the game and only analyzed 9 minutes worth of footage. It's literally in his title "1st Contact" You can't make a claim about performance on any platform with just 9 minutes of gameplay in one area of the game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

So where should we buy our tinfoil hats?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

It's like winning the championship. Premier League is already sewn up.

Morf-muziks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Morf-muziks
Member since 2015 • 194 Posts

lol Lems so da Butthurt with their Tin Foil Hats

bu..but the Xbox One has superior CPU supposed to run better than PS4 always

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

I've seen FO4 run on both consoles, and I have seen the full-second hiccup problem on XBox One. Never seen that on PS4.

Not like I care, I play FO4 on PC.

cimbom1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cimbom1993
Member since 2013 • 130 Posts

this is from COD BO 3 a game that needs to run 60fps lol

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

@morf-muziks said:

lol Lems so da Butthurt with their Tin Foil Hats

bu..but the Xbox One has superior CPU supposed to run better than PS4 always

tin foil hats you say ?, why is that, this just shows that it isnt an "xbox only" problem - but hey how am i kiddin' right ? :)

ps: only ones keeps saying "bu bu xb1 has better cpu, dx12, and so on - atleast on this site" is mostly cows, how come, are you really that insecure or what dude ?..

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm just not seeing/experiencing these "tons of bugs" that I keep reading about here. I wonder how many of these people are actually playing the game, or parroting what they're reading?

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@kwns said:

I read in one of the comments that one of the guys from DF were talking about hating MS and how they shouldn't even make consoles, would love to see a link or screen cap to that shit. We all know the PS4 is the more powerful system, but the lengths the fanboys go to trashing the Xbox is ridiculous, they should be happy with what they have, not worried about everyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts
Loading Video...

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Is anyone here watching the video? It clearly shows that the XboxOne version runs better. It's also funny how the guy in the video talks about the stuttering on the PS4, meanwhile DF tells us it's on the Xbox One version. (Still no problems on the Xbox One version here.) People claim that it's about 2 fps. It's not, the PS4 lowers it's framerate to 15 fps at moments as seen on multiple video's even on DF's video.

@Shewgenja might check this out.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

The game is shit on both consoles. Stop supporting Besthesda's garbage. Looks like a PS360 game AND runs like dog shit and has the usual bugs/glitches associated with their trash.

So glad I didn't fall for the hype and pick this turd up.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha:

Didnt you people learn your lesson with the witcher 3?

Some of you have no hope but but 150mhz will produce a 10 fps difference...lol

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Fallout 4 is better on Xbox one because you get more Bang for your buck with Fallout 3 bundled and Mod support.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#36 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Breaking news: Fallout 4 running like crap on both consoles

stop it stop it right theier

L0ngshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 L0ngshot
Member since 2014 • 516 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Confirmed best on the PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

I watched the video somewhat and heard him see he analyzed 17K frames. That's about 9 minutes worth of gameplay. I don't think that's enough to make an informed report to be honest. He hasn't gone to densely populated areas like Diamond City yet, like DF does.

True. Why isn't there anyone that does it properly, no bias, decent test, and just showing results. They don't even have to interpret them, just show them.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kwns said:

Never trust DF again. Darkx10 Tweet is amazing read it this is the kind of stuff you hear from PS4 fanboys

https://mobile.twitter.com/captaingamepad/status/664118521203400704

Yeah leta forget about Richard leadbetter article after article in favor of the xbox one even doing test using a 7850 to represent the xbox using tomb raider about how he claimed 1080p vs 900p was a massive difference becuase it was pc vs ps4 when it was ps4 vs xbox he even make an article downplaying resolution a dude who work for a site which reason of being is doing resolution tests and performance test.

So please stop dude df has beaing more than bias toward the xbox one as well dude ignoring missing elements on xbox one liak paralax mapping in thief .claiming no hbao for ps4 on need for speed when it was the xbox one version missing it and many more.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

X1 on a roll, PS4 just can't catch a break these dayzzz. :P

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Bethesda games run like shit for Sony. It doesn't help that the PS4 has a CPU bottleneck that could choke a donkey.

Or that Bethesda write all their games primarily for Windows and Direct X. Hence it runs better on XBO. Same issue with Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Oblivion. Hell, they even ported skyrim to the bone just to test it out (notice that never happened with the PS4)

PS4 using OpenGL... totally different software and it gets poorly ported (but only slighly poorly).

Simple reasons for simple questions... nothing to do with your phantom bottleneck

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Heil68

Since PS4 runs best, should it be considered a console exclusive?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@kwns said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kwns said:

Claiming the PS4 was the smoother version with better frame rates. NXGAMER clearly shows in his video the drops are worse on PS4, it starts dropping at very start of the game and throughout. DF is pushing the PS4 version because they know who their audience is and who clicks on to their site.

If they didn't play the entire game. Why would you believe their analysis?

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Some dude on YouTube is your difinative source? I can find some dude on YouTube who claims that their cat is Jesus reborn but that doesn't make it true lol!

Seriously though when are Xboners gonna come to grips with the fact that their console is a weak ass ghetto piece of shit? Seems like they're going hysterical ever since they found out that Halo 5 couldn't even sell a million copies. It's like they know the console is about to go under and they're making up fairy tales to try and convince people to buy that turd lol!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#48 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@l0ngshot said:
@Heil68 said:

PC wins again.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Heil68
@Cloud_imperium said:
@l0ngshot said:
@Heil68 said:

PC wins again.

PS4 version got AAA 9.0 Editors Choice Award and by golly that's just over the moon.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#50 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@l0ngshot said:
@Heil68 said:

PC wins again.

PS4 version got AAA 9.0 Editors Choice Award and by golly that's just over the moon.

PC version is still best. PC wins again.