NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

Nvidia had their GTC conference in China today with the newest batch of games announced to support ray tracing are all from Chinese developers. Good to see Nvidia still putting pressure on getting games to use ray tracing. Nvidia has said that several of these titles will also be becoming to North America and Europe although technically some already are.

For starters Rings Of Elysium is announced to be getting ray traced support but no exact date. It a F2P Battle Royale on Steam that is doing fairly well. I play it with friends occassionally. A good alternative if you don't feel like paying for PUBG and want some other mechanics the game. You see a video for Season 6 trailer doesn't have RTX though.

Then there is the tactical space shooter Boundary. For those that loved Shattered Horizon this could be the closest thing to a revival. Boundary was last shown at Gamescom this year. Here is footage and the image below demonstrating RTX.

Bright Memory: Infinite was already revealed to support RTX but here is new trailer from Nvidia themselves and some comparison photos.

Project X is an action shooter from Mihoyo currently known for Honkai Impact series and the upcoming controversial supposed BOTW rip off Genshin Impact. The game is said to be using next gen anime style rendering and advanced interactive physics on spherical open world. Unfortunately only attendees got to see footage so for the rest of us we'll likely have to wait for Chinajoy next year. Anyway I can't wait to see what it looks like. Genshin Impact already nails the anime art style if they can go beyond that it would be amazing. I wonder if they'll surpass Arc Systems in having the best looking 3D anime games.

Convallaria is a fast paced battle royale with RPG elements. 100+ players go into open world dungeons to fight each other. Game is due 2020. Interesting enough I thought this was PS4 exclusive since Sony was helping develop/publish it since its apart of their China Hero Project. Here is some screenshots with ray tracing on below. Also game trailer

F.I.S.T. is an action platformer. I'm keeping an eye on this one it looks cool but the sound effects could use some work.

Xuan Yuan Sword 7 is also supporting ray tracing. I was expecting and hoping for this since Softstar's other upcoming gaming Sword and Fairy 7 is going to be using ray tracing. No ray tracing in video below but it gives a good idea of how good the graphics are without it already.

Here is their other game Sword and Fairy 7 RTX trailer

I hope Nvidia get's Wangyuan Shengtang to adopt ray tracing too, their games are already incredible looking and easily the best looking Chinese games on the market right now (Gujian 3 and Faith Of Danschant).

There is also some new Mincecraft RTX footage, seriously it looks good enough to make me want to play the game.

Also back in November New Blood Interactive announced that they're implementing RTX into Amid Evil. They will use the 3 main forms of RTX which is shadows, lights and reflections. They released a screenshot too.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Looks awesome.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

I'm really loving all this Ray-tracing support and those Chinese folks are making me happy why I'm part of the PCMR! My RTX 2070 is going to be very happy and I do have Bright Memory in my Steam library, will give it a go whenever it shows up during the early access.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

@davillain-: I plan on getting an Ampere/RTX 3000 GPU next year. I hope to see AMD and Intel reveal some titles with ray tracing once they release their new cards. I'm impressed with how much effort Nvidia is putting into RTX support to get people to buy their cards even though they still hold the monopoly on high end cards. They even went out of their way to update Quake 2 RTX to look even better last month.

Quantic Dreams already plan on using ray tracing in their next game and Pearl Abyss has said they'll be supporting ray tracing for Crimson Desert. I hope Death Stranding implements ray tracing for PC port. The artistic design of that game can really let ray tracing shine. It'd be cool too if RE3 remake also supported it too. I want see some footage of Doom Eternal with RTX already its making me worried RTX support is going to get delayed on it just like with Wolfenstein Youngblood.

War Thunder devs announced yesterday that the game is getting ray traced global illumination of their own algorithm. I wonder how the development of Enlisted is still going since its going to be using Nvidia's branded ray traced global illumination.

Loading Video...

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8487 Posts

They don't count and also LOL @ using cheap F2P garbage.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Not sure I’ll support anything coming from China for the foreseeable future.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Interesting. China is making leaps forwards it seems.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9578 Posts

I wanted to like the things I saw but didn't see anything that I was interested in. I mean the RTX is cool and all, but those games looked sub par to me. Didn't see much, but they didn't call to me.