NVIDIA Unveils Titan V CEO Edition. 125 TFLOPS!!!

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

NVIDIA’s CEO Jensen Huang has over the years become increasingly known for his giveaway antics at AI conferences. In recent years the CEO has unveiled both the NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) and the NVIDIA Titan V in this fashion. And now you can add one more reveal to this list, as last evening Huang gave out 20 units of a new Titan V SKU, the Titan V CEO Edition, at the Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition conference in Salt Lake City.

According to NVIDIA, the aptly named SKU is apparently a “limited edition” product, and unlike past Huang reveals, NVIDIA has not sent out any announcements of a new product. So for the moment, this is not a retail product and is not immediately expected to become one. None the less, this is an unusual development as the new Titan V SKU is not simply a Titan V with additional memory, but rather has some notable configuration differences that set it apart from the regular Titan V.

1. NVIDIA is using new 8-Hi HBM2 memory stacks, as with their 32GB Tesla cards
  2. Titan V CEO Edition has all 4 of its ROP/Memory Controller partitions enabled, up from 3 on the retail Titan V

The end result is that the Titan V CEO Edition is not just a Titan V with more memory. In fact memory capacity aside, thanks to these changes there will almost certainly be meaningful (though not necessarily large) performance differences between it and the regular Titan V in any kind of memory bandwidth-bound scenario. And from I’ve heard from Titan V users over the past year, bandwidth-bound scenarios are more common than one might think, as the regular Titan V can fully saturate its memory bandwidth on compute alone and still come up short. Equally important, this means that at least on paper, there’s not much separating the new SKU from the 32GB Tesla V100 in terms of performance.

As an added wrinkle, of the handful of specifications that NVIDIA’s blog post does cover, they list the new card as offering 125 TFLOPS of tensor core performance, whereas the retail Titan V is 110 TFLOPS. It’s not clear how NVIDIA gets this number, but importantly, it means that there may be further clockspeed or SM configuration changes that have yet to be revealed by NVIDIA.

Source.

PS5 Pwned!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Now make game for it.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@loco145: who cares? Most of games engine will be designed to run on the ps5/nextbox hardware. This will change nothing.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Lots of flops.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

@recloud said:

@loco145: who cares? Most of games engine will be designed to run on the ps5/nextbox hardware. This will change nothing.

Good thing that we have 144fps 4k monitors then.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

If they had proper drivers for gaming i bet they would sell a lot more of the Titan V and this.

Right now, Titan V is a waste of money because it barely outperforms the 1080ti because its held back.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ReCloud

@loco145: again, who cares? Expensive POS, in the end the experience will be the same.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts
@recloud said:

x86 is x86

Only thing you gotta do for consoles is work around the limitations. Any good techniques you develop on either platform will benefit the other.

Most console games are developed on PC and then made to work on consoles. This ain't the dark ages any more. And in-development games won't run well on consoles until you optimize them.

There's effectively no difference between modern consoles and cheap PCs besides the software.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@recloud said:

@loco145: again, who cares? Expensive POS, in the end the experience will be the same.

So, why did Sony released TLOU:R, Uncharted: Nathan Drake collection and even bigger question is why did cows again bought these remasters?

Hint: Don't answer, that was your anti-troll dose.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ReCloud

@pc_rocks: @pyro1245: they always target the weaker platform.

Because some people didn't buy them in the first place and because they knew it was going to sell.

Doesn't change the fact that this gpu will be overpriced.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Titan V is not a gaming graphics card! The extra cores just don't scale well, it's like 15% stronger than the 1080ti. Anyways, I only play at 1440p. 4K is out of my league and out of the question.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

PS5 is gonna have 125 flapaflops, and that’s alot, because it hasn’t even been invented yet.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pyro1245
@recloud said:

Because some people didn't buy them in the first place and because they knew it was going to sell.

An overpriced GPU that no one but those with more money than brains will buy. NVidia does that every GPU gen. Hell they've done it like 3 times just this gen. It's not supposed to change anything. Still cool hardware.

I find it funny that whenever anyone posts anything about PC you have to rush in here to dismiss it. You're so predictable at this point. You've become more Sad Cow than Trolly System Warrior. Maybe time for a reboot?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@recloud said:

Glad we have Nvidia\AMD to push hardware

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

@recloud said:

I'm sure part of it was for the people who didn't own a PS3, want to experience the supposed high reception exclusives and willing to dip into the PS4 as their first or first in a long while Playstation platform. The ones that would rather invest in a newer machine than PS3.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

How much is a Titan V?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And none of the cards, regardless of edition will be available at a reasonable price because of cryptocurrency.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#18 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@blackhairedhero: $2999

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

And none of the cards, regardless of edition will be available at a reasonable price because of cryptocurrency.

Where have you been? GPUs (except RX Vega) have been back at MSRP thanks to ASIC miners for months. In the US, anyway.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@loco145 said:
@recloud said:

Good for you.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts
@svaubel said:

@blackhairedhero: $2999

Ew. Anybody who ponies up for that will know why they're mom's driving them to their night shift at Taco Bell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts
@pyro1245 said:
@recloud said:

An overpriced GPU that no one but those with more money than brains will buy. NVidia does that every GPU gen. Hell they've done it like 3 times just this gen. It's not supposed to change anything. Still cool hardware.

I find it funny that whenever anyone posts anything about PC you have to rush in here to dismiss it. You're so predictable at this point. You've become more Sad Cow than Trolly System Warrior. Maybe time for a reboot?

Maybe he needs to take a break from the forums? I mean look at his post count...

Like holy sh...lmfao!!!

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@svaubel: Thats insane but the specs are crazy. 110 tflops?

Edit: Ahh nvm its deep learning tflops which is only for ray tracing i believe.

Its true tflop count is 13.8.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@loco145: Can it run Crysis?

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

@loco145 said:
@recloud said:

Who is we? YOU don‘t

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ReCloud

@pyro1245: sweetie, I just came here because hermits can't post anything about PC without bashing consoles, I just wanted to make sure you people knew this gpu won't make a single difference in the next generation of gaming. Because it won't and we all know it.

Consoles dictate the generations, not PCs.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pyro1245
@recloud said:

@pyro1245: sweetie, I just came here because hermits can't post anything about PC without bashing consoles, I just wanted to make sure you people knew this gpu won't make a single difference in the next generation of gaming. Because it won't and we all know it.

We were talking about NVidia GPU product generations. NVidia would be the ones to decide when they come out with a new product generation. You must be talking about gaming console generations, which are irrelevant as hell in the current discussion.

...And the only thing Sony dictates is the next cinematic third-person showcase that'll make the top 10 on YouTube.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@loco145 said:
@recloud said:

And not a single CPU that can maintain 144fps in every game.......Hahahahaha

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

What for exactly?!?

To play this???

And inb4 the 222 fps in 12 k uber settings ^^ /i'm out

ps : forget two "0" for fps perf /what a shame ^^

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@davillain- said:

Anyways, I only play at 1440p. 4K is out of my league and out of the question.

Best option!!

I was looking for a new monitor just as 4k ones had started to hit to market and as I like running maximum settings and image quality it made more sense for me to go to 1440p....so I did....it's a nice middle ground.

It also meant in most games I had the headroom to run Nvidia DSR and get amazing image quality in 99% of my games too!

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

"not a retail product"

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ReCloud

@pyro1245: the last line of the OP pretty much shows the intention was to bash consoles.

And sweetie, consoles dictate the base platform for the games to be developed, they dictate when the new techs will be used and optimized to be implemented, PC is an afterthought.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts
@Gamerno6666 said:

Now make game for it.

Every game is made for it, as it's a GPU.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator
@recloud said:

I'm pro PC gamer and you don't see me basing consoles now do you? In fact, I basically talk about games more so then I discuss PC hardware myself.

Not every Hermit isn't like that here in system wars.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Yeah, cool, whatever. Where's my 1180, Jensen?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pyro1245
@recloud said:

@pyro1245: the last line of the OP pretty much shows the intention was to bash consoles.

And sweetie, consoles dictate the base platform for the games to be developed, they dictate when the new techs will be used and optimized to be implemented, PC is an afterthought.

Don't be so insecure. "PS5 Pwned!" is clearly a joke as this card probably costs $5k+. This thread was created to discuss the card, not consoles.

And please by all means provide some examples of 'console-dictated' (your dumb words, not mine) games and the new techs they've introduced. Bonus points if you don't mention the few Sony exclusives, because we all know you can literally count the number of games you're referring to on a few hands.

Keep in mind, I have a PS4 and a Switch and have played all your so-called 'console-dictated' games. I appreciate the closed-loop story-driven show-piece games. I have opinions about them and their tech. We could actually have a real discussion if you would let yourself cool it with troll posting.

I amazes me how you just repeat the same nonsense over and over again. So please try harder.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts
@recloud said:

The GPU has nothing to do with anything console related towards it. It's just a lol worthy jab at probably the price of this card.

Consoles dictate also absolutely nothing and not even remotely on new tech. You do realize consoles are nothing but old limited PC's right?

Games are made for the markets they make sense for. Consoles is just a market next towards PC and Mobile.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator

@jasonofa36 said:

Yeah, cool, whatever. Where's my 1180, Jensen?

Where's the GTX 1180? Before Nvidia said it's June, then July, then August...it's not going to happen until AMD puts out a high-end card being on par with the 1080Ti and as of right now, AMD are the one's who need to get Nvidia lazy asses and start competing. Right now, there's zero competition. Nvidia currently holds 4 of the fastest cards: Titan V, 1080Ti, 1080, and 1070Ti

Nvidia have zero reason to innovate or even sink costs into R&D. We need both AMD and Intel (I believe they have a GPU division) to get Nvidia off their lazy asses. This is why, btw, monopolies are so damn horrible.

AMD, start competing the GPU market!!!

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#40 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

@recloud said:

You think 1080p/720p at -30fps is the same as 1440p +120fps? goes to show how ignorant you are, its kind of sad...

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

@recloud said:

consoles dictate the base platform for the games to be developed, they dictate when the new techs will be used and optimized to be implemented

That's why the bulk of gaming is 8 years behind

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Blackhairedhero

@PinchySkree: If $3000.00 was the cost of entry for gaming the entire industry would he screwed. You can't even get devs to make high end exclusives for current PC hardware much less a Titan V.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@davillain-: Yeah, I agree with this too. I hope intel smacks the ass of these two "competitors" when their GPUs start rolling out.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PinchySkree

@blackhairedhero said:

@PinchySkree: If $3000.00 was the cost of entry for gaming the entire industry would he screwed. You can't even get devs to make high end exclusives for current PC hardware much less a Titan V.

Well it isn't, and never was.

If 30FPS, motion blur and medium settings were the standards across all of gaming, it would be shit.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Blackhairedhero

@PinchySkree: PS4 Pro and Xb1X beat the average consumers PC. The games that do the best on PC generally look like trash. Its sad that its console exclusives that are raising the bar visually. Unless a multibillion dollar company has something to gain by PC exclusives you will not see them making any massive advances with software.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PinchySkree

@blackhairedhero said:

@PinchySkree: PS4 Pro and Xb1X beat the average consumers PC. The games that do the best on PC generally look like trash. Its sad that its console exclusives that are raising the bar visually. Unless a multibillion dollar company has something to gain by PC exclusives you will not see them making any massive advances with software.

Having to buy a second half step console mid generation because of how shit the originals were. Console exclusives sacrifice everything, including 30fps to create shallow interactive cinema that burns out fast and requires minimal input to beat with 2006 gameplay. Consoles raise no bars as they are inferior in all aspects outside of power for a small window after a new release which is sold at a loss. All multiplatforms are superior on PC, the weak-PC type consoles are the only platforms that need to force exclusivity for people to be baited into buying them. You can burn through the handful of overrated games released in the last 4 years that are not shit then leave them somewhere to gather dust again.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@PinchySkree: Last time i checked there are plenty of 60 fps games on consoles so not sure what you are talking about. Not to mention the 90+ metacritic exclusives that are outstanding games. Sorry id take GoW or BB over the endless Moba clones that infest PC every year.. but to each their own. Meanwhile ill watch a $400 prebuilt box win every graphic award yet again while your best looking game is a shitty yearly rehash from EA.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PinchySkree

@blackhairedhero said:

@PinchySkree: Last time i checked there are plenty of 60 fps games on consoles so not sure what you are talking about. Not to mention the 90+ metacritic exclusives that are outstanding games. Sorry id take GoW or BB over the endless Moba clones that infest PC every year.. but to each their own. Meanwhile ill watch a $400 prebuilt box win every graphic award yet again while your best looking game is a shitty yearly rehash from EA.

Plenty of simple graphic style games at 60fps you mean, the framerates of the overrated short lived forced exclusives is shown in videos, 90+ for 6-8 hours max maybe 3 times a year. Gears of 2006 gameplay.

Making the claim that PC only has MOBA clones makes you sound unhinged. You mean a $400, 30fps, motion blur, cut assets closed system with no other benefits that wins meaningless awards that don't magically improve it's gameplay.

https://www.pcgamer.com/here-are-your-2017-game-awards-winners-plus-the-one-they-forgot-to-give-out/ The only PS4 exclusive awards here were beat out by multiplatform games that are superior on PC and Nintendo's pure gameplay and fun design. Sega is pushing games onto PC now so the chances are the niche Persona will arrive soon. You push graphics yet outside of a few short lived experiences they are mediocre, if it wasn't you would move on to "It's all about the gameplay" (even though it's crap)

Basically this, ad nauseam

Running damage control in this thread mentioning powerful hardware confirms you are shook about anything related to PC

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ReCloud

@Dark_sageX: the games are the same, sweetie, everything else is just numbers

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ReCloud

@PinchySkree: and that's how it'll always be since individually, most games sell more on consoles, have more marketing on consoles, are developed and optimized first and foremost for consoles.

PC is an afterthought and it gets the port only if the developers believe it's worth the risk.