Nvidia "PS4's tech oudated, even today"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

so you know cows are idiots...

and you know ps4 is last gen....so whats the problem?

Rage010101

I think cows are intelligent animals actually and again, you can't talk about the ps4 having outdated technology when you are trying to represent the Wii- U. You just look silly, go home KBFloyd, you drunk man, someone take this guy back to the 512 MB ram section. We talking about big boy stuff here

"intelligent cow"...there is no such thing, at least not here in system wars.

I'm a cow and I can safely say I'm smarter than 95% of the regulars here. :cool:
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#-48 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Says the company who releases cards that most games don't even fully utilise. If all games required Titans then maybe they would have something 

#-47 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

KBFloYd

I think cows are intelligent animals actually and again, you can't talk about the ps4 having outdated technology when you are trying to represent the Wii- U. You just look silly, go home KBFloyd, you drunk man, someone take this guy back to the 512 MB ram section. We talking about big boy stuff here

you see b!tch... why your reaping the last gen station 4 if you are a pc gamer?

i smell bullcrap.

:lol: Hey buddy, you know it's possible to like PS4 and still be a PC gamer right? People aren't tied to liking one system like you think. He owned you fair and square, go and take a nap. PS: :P As you can see I own an Nvidia GPU in my gaming laptop and even I can smell their butthurt.
#-46 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
Jonathan Blow: "equivalent game on PS4 hardware will run faster" than PC "RAM] really helps in shuttling graphics resources around, and since its not running a heavyweight operating system like Windows that gets in the way of your graphics," Blow says. "Rendering stuff through Windows has an impact on performance. Since a console is just about games, that doesnt happen, and the equivalent game will run faster. And if you can target to specific hardware you can make it run faster, too." http://m.pcgamer.com/2013/03/12/jonathan-blow-talks-ps4-hardware-equivalent-game-will-run-faster-than-pc?mtc=comment-388292#comment-388292
#-45 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] I think cows are intelligent animals actually and again, you can't talk about the ps4 having outdated technology when you are trying to represent the Wii- U. You just look silly, go home KBFloyd, you drunk man, someone take this guy back to the 512 MB ram section. We talking about big boy stuff hereDrTrafalgarLaw

I'm a cow and I can safely say I'm smarter than 95% of the regulars here. :cool:

surely you mean 95% smarter than the average cow

#-44 Posted by andrew01093 (115 posts) -
lol buthurt Chrome-
PC gamers need to stop this crap. Seriously! you guys are so upset your searching the web for articles yet consoles suck huh? Good grief it's GDDR5 ram! Get over it! It's not our fault you spend 1000 or more on a beefed up pc. Look on the bright side of things....You can still mod Crysis. lol
#-43 Posted by nextgenjoke (1676 posts) -

How much is the 680 gtx still 460$? lol Yea they're gonna use that gpu in a console.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
#-42 Posted by princeofshapeir (16622 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

Oh wow. They went from "We were offered only birdfeed" to "Lol low-end". Talk about being butthurt.

Do you hear that? It's the sound of 8 GB of GDDR5 RAM hurting Nvidia in inproper places. :cool:

xboxiphoneps3
Nvidia has had GDDR5 for a lot longer than Sony has champ.

not unified with the CPU and GPU though, its discrete...

And? The PS4's 8GB is split between the GPU and system processes.
#-41 Posted by Mr_BillGates (3210 posts) -

High specs with terrible optimization vs good specs with good optimization. I'll take the good optimization, just like 99% of game developers out there. 

nVidia whinning and crying like PC gamers.applause.gif

#-40 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -

[QUOTE="krisroe_213"]

As an overnight tech expert after the specs reveal of the PS4, I can safely sat that 8GB GDDR5 will offer up to 50 times more hyperthreading and overclcoking capability than any NVidia graphics card out there while only using 35w of power

Rage010101

shhhhh, you're gonna confuse them even more

Nvidia already looks confused. Just look at their buyers, they buy into any catchphrases and gimmicks the company throws at them. PhsyX, blast processing, peak teraflops performance, unbelievable garbage to sucker people in.
#-39 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
BUT does it have RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
#-38 Posted by Chris_Williams (14882 posts) -

KBFloYd

you see b!tch... why your reaping the last gen station 4 if you are a pc gamer?

i smell bullcrap.

because I want infamous second son? You scared of that QUAD COMBO- PS4/PC/VITA/YOUR MOM. This combination is going to work great next gen
#-37 Posted by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

I'm a cow and I can safely say I'm smarter than 95% of the regulars here. :cool:DrTrafalgarLaw

i don't really see you defending sony in every thread...

you must me a cow/hermit hybrid.

#-36 Posted by nextgenjoke (1676 posts) -

Even ps3 gpu was weaker than the 7900 gtx gpu.

#-35 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

No, read again. Should I educate you on reading?
#-34 Posted by princeofshapeir (16622 posts) -
[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]Jonathan Blow: "equivalent game on PS4 hardware will run faster" than PC "RAM] really helps in shuttling graphics resources around, and since its not running a heavyweight operating system like Windows that gets in the way of your graphics," Blow says. "Rendering stuff through Windows has an impact on performance. Since a console is just about games, that doesnt happen, and the equivalent game will run faster. And if you can target to specific hardware you can make it run faster, too." http://m.pcgamer.com/2013/03/12/jonathan-blow-talks-ps4-hardware-equivalent-game-will-run-faster-than-pc?mtc=comment-388292#comment-388292

The guy's only claim to fame is Braid, and now that Sony has bought him out and are paying him to say nice things you're treating him as a higher authority than Nvidia?
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
#-33 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -
lol buthurt Chrome-
#-32 Posted by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

because I want infamous second son? You scared of that QUAD COMBO- PS4/PC/VITA/YOUR MOM. This combination is going to work great next genChris_Williams

whatever wiiU/3ds is going to outsell ps4/vita...again!....so chew on that real life snack loser.

#-31 Posted by princeofshapeir (16622 posts) -

High specs with terrible optimization vs good specs with good optimization. I'll take the good optimization, just like 99% of game developers out there. 

Mr_BillGates
Interesting that you'd define "good optimization" as 30 FPS.
#-30 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7810 posts) -

They're so butthurt :lol: Doesn't the GTX 680 cost like 500$ for the GPU ALONE :lol: The PS3 is a full system Noobvidia, not a graphics card. 

#-29 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]I'm a cow and I can safely say I'm smarter than 95% of the regulars here. :cool:KBFloYd

i don't really see you defending sony in every thread...

you must me a cow/hermit hybrid.

I am a long-time PC gamer and console gamer, but I'm not a hermit. You can call me a cow but a hermit is an absolute insult. Especially with the breed of hermits of today. Being a hermit actually used to mean something back in the day.
Avatar image for Sir-I_exCalibur
#-28 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]because I want infamous second son? You scared of that QUAD COMBO- PS4/PC/VITA/YOUR MOM. This combination is going to work great next genKBFloYd

whatever wiiU/3ds is going to outsell ps4/vita...again!....so chew on that real life snack loser.

Ill take care of this chris tumblr_mik1jkSZ761qftu09o6_400.gif
#-27 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -
[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

princeofshapeir

He's an Apple drone so Angry Birds is about as complex as gaming gets for him.
#-26 Posted by nextgenjoke (1676 posts) -

See they say this is a 8 core cpu but it's not a real 8 core cpu it's got 4 cores with 4 hyperthreading wannabe things they call cores lol.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284

#-25 Posted by princeofshapeir (16622 posts) -

They're so butthurt :lol: Doesn't the GTX 680 cost like 500$ for the GPU ALONE :lol: The PS3 is a full system Noobvidia, not a graphics card. 

Eddie-Vedder
Just like a computer is a full system and not just a mash of components, and offers a host of uses besides gaming compared to a console?
#-24 Posted by GioVela2010 (4930 posts) -

Lol GFLOPS

You guys know a 660Ti and a GTX 670 has the same GFLOPS right?

And a HD 5850 has more GFLOPS than a  HD 78509pt5xk.jpg

el33ex.jpg

#-23 Posted by nextgenjoke (1676 posts) -

doubt ps4 is a real 8 core cpu.

#-22 Posted by andmcq (257 posts) -

He didn't say anything that was incorrect. The CPU is low-end and the GPU is midrange compared to PC's. It's doesn't mean that it will translate into only what low to midrange PCs can/can't do, but it does mean that the PS4 hardware - when compared directly to PCs - is midrange at best.

#-21 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chrome-"]lol buthurt andrew01093
PC gamers need to stop this crap. Seriously! you guys are so upset your searching the web for articles yet consoles suck huh? Good grief it's GDDR5 ram! Get over it! It's not our fault you spend 1000 or more on a beefed up pc. Look on the bright side of things....You can still mod Crysis. lol

Calm ya jets bro.
#-20 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -
[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

princeofshapeir

If a videogame only requires 30 FPS to play it, I'd say it is optimized. Or are you the kind of guy that would only accept 60 FPS in games like Bejeweled? But then again, hermits rush out and buy a new graphics card instead of demanding from the developers that the game is better optimized for their card.
#-19 Posted by Kjranu (1750 posts) -

Sony fans are really dumb. The CLOCK wars ended with the conclusion of sixth generation. It's why the Wii trounced the PS3 and Xbox 360 so badly. Say all you want about casuals, and Nintendo fans but... it doesn't change the fact that the Wii absolutely trounced despite being only barely stronger than the Gamecube. Wii U's only problem thus far is that it released with virtually no AAAE titles and thus making owning a Wii U rather pointless because who buys a gaming consoles without software to use it?

Micro$ony fans can go in circles talking about clock numbers until they run out of steam but it won't change one essential fact... no console with the highest clock number has ever won a console race.There's not much point in competing with clock numbers these days because... you already found out the obvious, immediately when the PS360 released. They were already bested by PC hardware and I am pretty sure console gamers would not be playing consoles if all of them could afford $2000 super-duper TITAN gaming machines. Consoles, by essence, are meant to be affordable gaming machines that are fun ... that's what the Wii was and the Wii U is.

#-18 Posted by KBFloYd (19389 posts) -

Ill take care of this chris tumblr_mik1jkSZ761qftu09o6_400.gifSir-I_exCalibur

LOL...sure you will

you cows talk the talk but dont walk the walk

tumblr_m8nvzhSUdq1qdpecvo1_500.jpg

#-17 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] I'm a cow and I can safely say I'm smarter than 95% of the regulars here. :cool:DrTrafalgarLaw

No, read again. Should I educate you on reading?

Smarter than the average cow, but not even smarter than the lowliest hermit.  Sorry

#-16 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

DrTrafalgarLaw

If a videogame only requires 30 FPS to play it, I'd say it is optimized. Or are you the kind of guy that would only accept 60 FPS in games like Bejeweled? But then again, hermits rush out and buy a new graphics card instead of demanding from the developers that the game is better optimized for their card.

Some games work at 30FPS. GTA4 being one example, I can quite happily play GTA4 at 30FPS on my PC but I can't play Sleeping Dogs at anything below 45FPS for some reason.
#-15 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7810 posts) -
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

princeofshapeir
Just like a computer is a full system and not just a mash of components, and offers a host of uses besides gaming compared to a console?

Whats your point? :lol: My point is if the PS4 can compete with a PC that costs 1k or more and cost around 400$ the PS4 is AN AMAZING deal and well worth the praise. Who cares if there is a graphics card that costs more then a PS4 and is better ROFL.
#-14 Posted by princeofshapeir (16622 posts) -
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

DrTrafalgarLaw

If a videogame can be played at 60 FPS and above, I'd say it is optimized. Or are you the kind of guy that would only accept every major AAA title released on consoles this gen to run at 30 FPS or below? But then again, consolites rush out and buy these games and tout them as graphics kings and accept that their console is incapable of striking a balance between performance and visual quality.
#-13 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4487 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Interesting that you'd define "good optimization" as 30 FPS.

Some games work at 30FPS. GTA4 being one example, I can quite happily play GTA4 at 30FPS on my PC but I can't play Sleeping Dogs at anything below 45FPS for some reason.

That's what I'm exactly getting at. Not everything has to be running at a 60 FPS. Twice the frames won't make you twice the better player. Only GDDR5 can do that. :cool:
#-12 Posted by EvanTheGamer (1509 posts) -

nvidia blew their chance with sony, now they butthurtz

#-11 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] If a videogame only requires 30 FPS to play it, I'd say it is optimized. Or are you the kind of guy that would only accept 60 FPS in games like Bejeweled? But then again, hermits rush out and buy a new graphics card instead of demanding from the developers that the game is better optimized for their card.

That's what I'm exactly getting at. Not everything has to be running at a 60 FPS. Twice the frames won't make you twice the better player. Only GDDR5 can do that. :cool:

I prefer it when it runs at higher FPS which it does most of the time but sometimes the FPS does drop yet the game doesn't turn into a stutterfest. Sleeping Dogs on the other hand is completely unplayable if the framerate drops below 40-45FPS.
#-10 Posted by Chris_Williams (14882 posts) -

Sony fans are really dumb. The CLOCK wars ended with the conclusion of sixth generation. It's why the Wii trounced the PS3 and Xbox 360 so badly. Say all you want about casuals, and Nintendo fans but... it doesn't change the fact that the Wii absolutely trounced despite being only barely stronger than the Gamecube. Wii U's only problem thus far is that it released with virtually no AAAE titles and thus making owning a Wii U rather pointless because who buys a gaming consoles without software to use it?

Micro$ony fans can go in circles talking about clock numbers until they run out of steam but it won't change one essential fact... no console with the highest clock number has ever won a console race.There's not much point in competing with clock numbers these days because... you already found out the obvious, immediately when the PS360 released. They were already bested by PC hardware and I am pretty sure console gamers would not be playing consoles if all of them could afford $2000 super-duper TITAN gaming machines. Consoles, by essence, are meant to be affordable gaming machines that are fun ... that's what the Wii was and the Wii U is.

Kjranu

hmmm surely the wii success didn't have anything to do with

1. We were in a major recession

2. It was the cheapest next gen console on the market

3. It didn't focus on gamers but the casual crowd which when I ask anyone if they still use their wii, they usually say its a dust collector

the wii-u isn't going to have that success, I guarantee it, casuals are on ipads and their phones now since everyone has one, hardcore gamers are waiting for the ps4 and next box thought the wii-u is going to get some great titles in the future, its not going to get those wii numbers. Nintendo was at the right place at the right time last gen. This gen, they don't know where they even wanna go

#-9 Posted by Tessellation (9007 posts) -
cows butthurt is off the charts,nvidia facts caused serious damage :cool: tears and rage come at me.
#-8 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

[QUOTE="krisroe_213"]

As an overnight tech expert after the specs reveal of the PS4, I can safely sat that 8GB GDDR5 will offer up to 50 times more hyperthreading and overclcoking capability than any NVidia graphics card out there while only using 35w of power

Rage010101

you have a Berserk avatar! I'm reading that right now, I'm on chapter 187 and while The Golden Age was the peak of the manga the rest hasn't been too bad. Lots of violence, gore and something that would get me suspended just by spelling it. But seriously, Berserk is crude... And really good! The way the mangaka depicts the demons and the world feels so realistic in a way that it only draws you in. It reminds me to this BTW.

:shock:

#-7 Posted by nextgenjoke (1676 posts) -

nvidia couldnt even meet supply demands for original xbox lol.

#-6 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

cows butthurt is off the charts,nvidia facts caused serious damage :cool: tears and rage come at me.Tessellation

What a wonderful post. 

#-5 Posted by princeofshapeir (16622 posts) -

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Eddie-Vedder

Whats your point? :lol: My point is if the PS4 can compete with a PC that costs 1k or more and cost around 400$ the PS4 is AN AMAZING deal and well worth the praise. Who cares if there is a graphics card that costs more then a PS4 and is better ROFL.

What makes you so certain the PS4 will definitely cost $400? I didn't get that from the SDC. And you don't even need a "$1k" PC to match the PS4's specs, but therein lies your hypocrisy: laughing at Nvidia for treating the PS4 like a GPU, yet turning around and treating a PC like a machine dedicated solely to gaming.

#-4 Posted by nextgenjoke (1676 posts) -

nvidia shield where are you?

Avatar image for Sir-I_exCalibur
#-3 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -
Srry nvideo, your gonna have to sit this gen out. :lol:
#-2 Posted by tormentos (26719 posts) -

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/nvidia-compares-ps4-specs-to-a-low-end-cpu-1138051

"Compared to gaming PCs, the PS4 specs are in the neighborhood of a low-end CPU, and a low- to mid-range GPU side," said Nvidia's Tony Tamasi to TechRadar.

As Nvidia's senior vice president of content and development, he sees the PS4's specs as outdated, even today.

"If the PS4 ships in December as Sony indicated, it will only offer about half the performance of a GTX680 GPU (based on GFLOPS and texture), which launched in March 2012, more than a year and a half ago."

Pretty much what most of us intellectuals already knew.  Unfortunately, the ps4 is not made out of magic and rainbows.

DISCUSS

Rage010101

Damn you sony damn you for going AMD..:lol: We wanted to sold you the another crappy and strip GPU..:lol:

#-1 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="krisroe_213"]

Gue1

you have a Berserk avatar! I'm reading that right now, I'm on chapter 187 and while The Golden Age was the peak of the manga the rest hasn't been too bad. Lots of violence, gore and something that would get me suspended just by spelling it. But seriously, Berserk is crude... And really good! The way the mangaka depicts the demons and the world feels so realistic in a way that it only draws you in. It reminds me to this BTW.

:shock:

Thanks for noticing.  Yes I am a huge berserk fan.  I have both original dvd box set and the boxset that came after that.  Have 2 copies of the first bluray.  I intend on buying the entire manga collection eventually.  I have read the manga upto the point there at now about 5 times over now.  I wrote some of the berserk info on wikipedia and the berserk wikia lol.

#0 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -
Srry nvideo, your gonna have to sit this gen out. :lol: Sir-I_exCalibur
Implying Nvidia does "gens".