Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

What do you think of it? In theory it is very nice. In practice it's a whole other story.

Was playing Watch_Dogs 2 with my 1080 Ti's and they can't even get 60fps at 4K with NVIDIA HTFS and other Gameworks features enabled. Arkham Knight Enhanced Smoke and Debris are still a broken mess. Assassin's Creed Blag Flag still TANKS when PhysX is in use. PCSS in The Division still cripples performance and once again, two GTX 1080 Ti's won't cut it for 60fps/max settings.

It's not like the SLI scaling for these games is bad either. It's generally 50%+ scaling by adding a second GPU. Gameworks though? Oouh boy! When it's not too crippling it looks nice enough like in AC: Syndicate or Shadow of War. Overall though? Nah. NVIDIA can keep that to themselves. The visuals don't justify the massive decrease in performance.

So what you think of Gameworks?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I don't use it. But, I use Shadowplay and it works great for recording gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I don't use it. But, I use Shadowplay and it works great for recording gameplay.

Me too. Good quality and really lightweight. I just wish my 780 could record at 1440p AND 60 fps. Then again, YouTube compression at 60 fps with a lot of movement and detail is complete shit anyway.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Generally crap.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Don't use it. Not even shadow play.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I thought it was something for developers. But I try to avoid installing any of NV's crap and just directly install the driver from device manager and the physx driver separately because otherwise it still installs Telemetry and other bs I don't need.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

When I see Gameworks on game trailers, my happy face turns sad.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Juub1990

@jasonofa36: The technology is honestly kinda nice at times. For instance in Watch_Dogs 2, HTFS shadows look very good. They’re soft, realistic shadows not like the usual sharp crap you see but the performance hit is bonkers.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@Juub1990: I guess it looks nice. But **** looking nice if it fucks up the performance.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Juub1990

@jasonofa36: Pretty much. No idea what they intend with those techologies when even two GTX 1080 Ti’s can hardly handle them.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Seems to be mostly Ubishit games. They all run like crap, whereas any other game, on just a 1080 I can turn the graphics up to absolute max with AA at 2560 x 1080.

Although, they've gotten better. Ass Creed Black Flag runs like absolute dogshit, even on this new hardware, but I can nearly max out Watch Dogs 2, Origins, and Wildlands at 70 fps. The Division I can also completely max out, but that game is less demanding than the others.

I don't think I have any problems with Arkham Knight and all the gameworks bells and whistles on. It was bad before, but since they fixed it, it's been butter smooth.

The Witcher 3 hairworks poses no problems, for example. Although, it does bog down older cards. It threw my old 780 GTX into a frenzy with hairworks on.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I don’t use it.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@Juub1990: I think it fits in perfectly with Nvidia Geforce bad experience!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69443 Posts

Nvidia tech has been more problematic than good so it can die as far as I am concerned. Couple this with it consolizing PC gaming.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58925 Posts

@quadknight said:

I don’t use it.

Same.

Even Geforce Experience which has the great Shadowplay now requires a mandatory log-in that resets every 10 minutes so they could spam you with emails.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Juub1990

@DragonfireXZ95: How did you get Arkham Knight to run properly using Enhanced Smoke and Debris? It ran like ass on my 970, on my 980’s, on my 1080’s, on my 980 Ti and on my 1080 Ti’s. Without these effects the game runs just fine.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jun_aka_pekto

@uninspiredcup said:
@quadknight said:

I don’t use it.

Same.

Even Geforce Experience which has the great Shadowplay now requires a mandatory log-in that resets every 10 minutes so they could spam you with emails.

What email? I have two Gmail accounts and I have yet to receive any email from Nvidia. I don't see my login resetting either and I've been using Shadowplay to do most of the screenshots I post in Indzman's thread. ;)

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@quadknight said:

I don’t use it.

Same.

What email? I have two Gmail accounts and I have yet to receive any email from Nvidia. I don't see my login resetting either and I've been using Shadowplay to do most of the screenshots I post in Indzman's thread. ;)

Yeah, Iv logged in once (with google) in the last year when a new version of Geforce Experience released. I dont recall the last time I received an email from Nvidia either, but I normally unsubscribe to any junk mail I get as soon as I start getting it, so it could just be that I forgot I ever got any from them.

As for Gameworks features, I use them if they dont effect performance too much. Gameworks features arent nearly as performance heavy (read: game crippling) as people make them out to be. Though they can drop framerate a bit too much for me in a few games I have played and I have a strict FPS limit depending on what I am playing. Freestyle, Ansel (in the games that support them) and Shadowplay are really awesome features of GFE though.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@pelvist said:

Yeah, Iv logged in once (with google) in the last year when a new version of Geforce Experience released. I dont recall the last time I received an email from Nvidia either, but I normally unsubscribe to any junk mail I get as soon as I start getting it, so it could just be that I forgot I ever got any from them.

As for Gameworks features, I use them if they dont effect performance too much. Gameworks features arent nearly as performance heavy (read: game crippling) as people make them out to be. Though they can drop framerate a bit too much for me in a few games I have played and I have a strict FPS limit depending on what I am playing. Freestyle, Ansel (in the games that support them) and Shadowplay are really awesome features of GFE though.

I created a separate login/password for GeForce Experience. I never got any junk mail.

I've been recording and capturing screenshots all these time. I'm currently uploading one to YT. And yet:

Seems to work fine. I have Shadowplay, MSI Afterburner, and Bandicam running all at once.

Loading Video...

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@Juub1990 said:

@DragonfireXZ95: How did you get Arkham Knight to run properly using Enhanced Smoke and Debris? It ran like ass on my 970, on my 980’s, on my 1080’s, on my 980 Ti and on my 1080 Ti’s. Without these effects the game runs just fine.

Yeah, solid 60 fps. Here's a video. It has my settings in it. Maybe it's a settings thing? I'm not exactly sure. Does it only happen when the smoke hits? or is it just in general?

Loading Video...

I had a problem in Assassin's Creed origins when I first started it; the fps was hitching like crazy whenever I turned the camera quickly. I fixed that by going to the Nvidia control panel and setting maximum pre-rendered frames to 1, also changed Vsync to adaptive and put triple buffering on. You could try it with Batman, maybe?

By the way, I forgot how beautiful this game looks. Lol

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DragonfireXZ95

@uninspiredcup said:
@quadknight said:

I don’t use it.

Same.

It's not true they spam you with emails, but they do require you to log in, which is kind of annoying.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#22 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Mine just completely stopped working and there's nothing I can do about it. The magic of PC gaming.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

gameworks is there to sell gpu's. pushing crap optimized features specifically to cripple your performance.

experience is a hit and miss, just random picked out of thin air settings, absolutely pointless to even use

shadow play requires now login, still can't do basic features, obs is in every single way superior and totally free without idiotic login stuff.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

I've no opinion about it. But I did notice all but one game you mentioned is from Ubisoft. Their PC games run like crap. Really bad games to try out your graphics cards with.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

The performance hit makes it not worth it. I try with all the effects on and if it tanks my game then I turn them off, which is usually 100% of the time.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@Gatygun said:

gameworks is there to sell gpu's. pushing crap optimized features specifically to cripple your performance.

experience is a hit and miss, just random picked out of thin air settings, absolutely pointless to even use

shadow play requires now login, still can't do basic features, obs is in every single way superior and totally free without idiotic login stuff.

How come mine works without logging in? Or, it appears I don't get prompted for it. Perhaps, it's because I have auto-login enabled using the credentials I created for it.

Anyway, Shadowplay records video and takes screenshots just fine. That's the basic features I need. and it takes less of a performance hit than OBS.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@Gatygun said:

You're forgetting that OBS doesn't allow you to constantly record and save the last X minutes of gameplay footage. That's one thing that's huge for Shadowplay over OBS. OBS is better for streaming and recording in general, but it doesn't have an auto record feature.

EDIT: You know what, I'm wrong. It does have a replay buffer, but it looks like it's a little more difficult to setup and manage. Ah, but there is no screenshot feature on OBS, and you can't use Ansel like you can with Shadowplay, which is actually a cool feature if you like to take screenshots.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58925 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@quadknight said:

I don’t use it.

Same.

It's not true they spam you with emails, but they do require you to log in, which is kind of annoying.

The entire (and only) point of it, it to try badger users to sign up for advertisements.

Log-in expired is a common problem.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Looked nice in Watch Dogs 1

And I was a huge fan of TXAA in the games that supported it:

• Not as big a performance impact as MSAA or SMAA
  • No blur like FXAA
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jun_aka_pekto
@uninspiredcup said:

The entire (and only) point of it, it to try badger users to sign up for advertisements.

There must have been a big update because I haven't been prompted to log in aside from the time I first created the Nvidia account. I don't see advertisements nor have I seen email spam. Of course, the last two can be due to my browser and email settings. Either way, it's been satisfactory so far.

I have the credentials stored in a document file just in case.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

meanwhile, radeon adrenalin and relive drivers work just fine. I even got a performance boost in many games a few weeks ago. :)

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@uninspiredcup said:

There must have been a big update because I haven't been prompted to log in aside from the time I first created the Nvidia account. I don't see advertisements nor have I seen email spam. Of course, the last two can be due to my browser and email settings. Either way, it's been satisfactory so far.

I have the credentials stored in a document file just in case.

I've never been spam mailed by Nvidia either.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

I prefer to alter the settings myself to fine tune. Also I have preferences on what I'm willing to lower and not to. Shadow is a good area to free up lots of resources if you don't mind lowering it a tad

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

I just updated my Nvidia drivers. Experience stays logged in (no typing from me). Shadowplay stuff works. No nags. No spam. The only inconvenience is Shadowplay will become disabled if I fall too far behind in drivers versions because I don't have auto-update enabled.