NPD: PS4 continues its winning streak, best selling console in Feb

• 185 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -

@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:
@dynamitecop said:

Why do you people care about this stuff so much? It's like the same 7 or 8 people always parroting the same things over, and over and over again...

It seems as if you care more about arbitrary non-factors more than video games themselves, why not argue about things which are meaningful instead of this senseless drivel that amounts to absolutely nothing?

You're on a gaming forum in a place called "System Wars" asking about why people care about sales?

You can't be serious.

This isn't sales talk so don't patronize me little child, the numbers don't seem to actually matter beyond win or lose, this seems to be some kind of perverse abuse gratification to belittle others and the products they enjoy more than celebrate the ones you put on that you do.

This is disgusting, and you should genuinely be ashamed to call yourselves gamers, it's an embarrassment.

Oh really what is it then? An NPD thread isn't a sales thread, you learn something new everyday on SW lol

The joke is on you coming to a forum called "System Wars" for serious discussion. General gaming is that way...

#102 Posted by Ant_17 (12695 posts) -

@lostrib:Yes, why?

#103 Posted by dynamitecop (6395 posts) -
@quadknight said:

Oh really what is it then? An NPD thread isn't a sales thread, you learn something new everyday on SW lol

The joke is on you coming to a forum called "System Wars" for serious discussion. General gaming is that way...

Don't try being a smart ass with me small fry and posting stupid little gifs because you think it add strength to what you're saying, it doesn't.

The thread is about sales results, but it's just an ulterior motive for you insecure little children to attack other peoples interests, and that's beyond stupid.

Why not form some type of reasonable or rational dialog? Talk about the system you claim to enjoy so much and its success and less about belittling others and what they like, like I said it's some perverse obsession.

You think "System Wars" is a free ticket and excuse to be an asshole, it's not, grow up and start talking some sense, you're belligerent and immature.

#104 Posted by PAL360 (29604 posts) -

Almost half a million for a february is crazy :o

Still good numbers for the Xbox One.

#106 Posted by A-new-Guardian (2454 posts) -

Have no fear, sony is here.

#107 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12480 posts) -

@finalstar2007: Sony. Let's make multiplats great on PlayStation again.

#109 Posted by imt558 (976 posts) -

@dynamitecop:

Lems are sad.

#110 Edited by dynamitecop (6395 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:

Don't try being a smart ass with me small fry and posting stupid little gifs because you think it add strength to what you're saying, it doesn't.

The thread is about sales results, but it's just an ulterior motive for you insecure little children to attack other peoples interests, and that's beyond stupid.

Why not form some type of reasonable or rational dialog? Talk about the system you claim to enjoy so much and its success and less about belittling others and what they like, like I said it's some perverse obsession.

You think "System Wars" is a free ticket and excuse to be an asshole, it's not, grow up and start talking some sense, you're belligerent and immature.

LOL, you need to take some time off System Wars and the internet dude. You are getting all asshurt over people joking around in a forum. You really take this shit seriously and then try to come off as mature, the irony.

No I will not have dialogue in a place called "System Wars", the day I start doing that is the day I take a break from the internet and go and find a new hobby. Like I said earlier, either go to General Gaming or GTFO of the thread. No one is forcing you to post here and we're all having a laugh and trolling. You're acting like you have a stick up your ass and trying to act like being uptight and butthurt over simple internet trolling makes you look mature. It doesn't, it only makes you look like a whiny bitch that can't take a little teasing.

The worst part is you play it off that you're joking when it's plain to see that you're completely serious, this is likely a big part of your daily life, you "trolling" is your scapegoat so you can continue doing it unscathed.

I'm not being uptight, I'm being honest, I'll continue to be honest and inform you that you and your cohorts are toxic. I've been around here enough to see how you people react when things go the opposite way and not in your favor, you peddle excuses, play things off, ignore them, all clear indicators that this is something very real to you.

You act as if I'm new to this place or something, on the contrary Mr. 2015.

#111 Edited by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -

@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:
@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:

LOL, you need to take some time off System Wars and the internet dude. You are getting all asshurt over people joking around in a forum. You really take this shit seriously and then try to come off as mature, the irony.

No I will not have dialogue in a place called "System Wars", the day I start doing that is the day I take a break from the internet and go and find a new hobby. Like I said earlier, either go to General Gaming or GTFO of the thread. No one is forcing you to post here and we're all having a laugh and trolling. You're acting like you have a stick up your ass and trying to act like being uptight and butthurt over simple internet trolling makes you look mature. It doesn't, it only makes you look like a whiny bitch that can't take a little teasing.

The worst part is you play it off that you're joking when it's plain to see that you're completely serious, this is likely a big part of your daily life, you "trolling" is your scapegoat so you can continue doing it unscathed.

I'm not being uptight, I'm being honest, I'll continue to be honest and inform you that you and your cohorts are toxic. I've been around here enough to see how you people react when things go the opposite way and not in your favor, you peddle excuses, play things off, ignore them, all clear indicators that this is something very real to you.

Irony

#112 Posted by dynamitecop (6395 posts) -
@quadknight said:
@dynamitecop said:

Irony

Oh, and what exactly is ironic? This should be rich, maybe another gif will help explain your mental ineptitude.

#113 Edited by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -

@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:
@dynamitecop said:

Irony

Oh, and what exactly is ironic? This should be rich, maybe another gif will help explain your mental ineptitude.

Your entire post screams uptight and yet you claim not to be lol. You definitely need a break from this place dude.

#114 Posted by dynamitecop (6395 posts) -

@quadknight said:

Your entire post screams uptight and yet you claim not to be lol. You definitely need a break from this place dude.

A person like yourself would define anyone posting frankly or from a grounded standpoint as "uptight", it doesn't surprise me you feel that way.

If anyone needs a break it would have to be you, this has obviously become much too real for you.

#115 Edited by Ten_Pints (3864 posts) -

Is it time for Sony to get their "Console War was Over" presentation slide out?

No wonder Microsoft started randomly firing people.

#116 Posted by kuu2 (11159 posts) -

Estimates.

#117 Edited by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -

@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:

A person like yourself would define anyone posting frankly or from a grounded standpoint as "uptight", it doesn't surprise me you feel that way.

If anyone needs a break it would have to be you, this has obviously become much too real for you.

Says the dude looking for "dialogue" in an NPD sales thread on a forum called System Wars lol.

@ten_pints said:

Is it time for Sony to get their "Console War was Over" presentation slide out?

No wonder Microsoft started randomly firing people.

I think it's time lol. Although to be honest they could have rolled out the slide back at E3 2013.

#118 Posted by tormentos (29228 posts) -

@quadknight said:

Damn, X marks the flop.

Latest hardware numbers from GAF

PS4 = 405k or 406k

XB1 = 248k or 249k

Wii U = 69k or 70k

Sweet Jaysis! Time for an update OP.

• Wii - 432K (from 274K)
  • PlayStation 2 - 351.8K
  • PlayStation 3 - 280.8K (from 269K)
  • Xbox 360 - 254.6K (from 230K)

February 2008 NPD...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh look the xbox 360 in the same time frame outsold the XBO for the month,the PS3 as well and PS2 even that it was 8 years old on 2008.

The funny thing is that the xbox 360 did 230k on February 2007,so the 360 was starting to gain speed,the xbox one actually is down year over year so xbox one sales are going down while 360 sales are picking up,as i already claimed by this year end the xbox one will be behind the xbox 360 sales wise.

#119 Posted by tormentos (29228 posts) -

@super600 said:
@tormentos said:

@spicymeatball27:

Forza 6 dint chart on NPD last year and latter on neither did Tomb Raider so i say SF5 did well.

It's way easier for a game to chart in February than November and maybe even September at times depending on the year. ROTR would have most likely charted if it released this month instead of november. SFV probably won't chart next month.

That depend on what is the game and when F6 came out there was nothing on xbox one basically to play but gears collection,Tomb Raider i can understand it some how because it came vs Fallout but Tomb Raider was also on 360 as well,Forza Horizon was the same and Sun Set Over drive both didn't chart either on NPD on 2014.,

#120 Posted by Shewgenja (21456 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

Almost half a million for a february is crazy :o

Still good numbers for the Xbox One.

Tax refunds. March will also see a bump and then April is typically slow.

#121 Posted by dynamitecop (6395 posts) -

@tormentos said:
  • Wii - 432K (from 274K)
  • PlayStation 2 - 351.8K

Oh look the xbox 360 in the same time frame outsold the XBO for the month,the PS3 as well and PS2 even that it was 8 years old on 2008.

The funny thing is that the xbox 360 did 230k on February 2007,so the 360 was starting to gain speed,the xbox one actually is down year over year so xbox one sales are going down while 360 sales are picking up,as i already claimed by this year end the xbox one will be behind the xbox 360 sales wise.

I can understand what you're attempting to accomplish here but this entire line of thinking doesn't actually hold as any form of comparable or logical positioning.

• Different time
  • Different community
  • Different trends
  • Different game releases
  • Different consoles
  • Different social views and stigmas
  • Different launches
  • and the list could go on, and on, and on...

Basically, everything was entirely different yet you're trying to draw irrational parallels.

#122 Edited by FinalFighters (3200 posts) -

#123 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

As always, Xbox Won. :P

#124 Posted by Shewgenja (21456 posts) -

@SecretPolice: more like XBOX won't.

#125 Posted by Flyincloud1116 (6418 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@quadknight said:

Damn, X marks the flop.

Latest hardware numbers from GAF

PS4 = 405k or 406k

XB1 = 248k or 249k

Wii U = 69k or 70k

Sweet Jaysis! Time for an update OP.

• Wii - 432K (from 274K)
  • PlayStation 2 - 351.8K

I wonder when the hold outpacing comments from MS will stop, or have they already stop.

#126 Posted by Pray_to_me (4041 posts) -

Excellent. Considering that 90% of Xbone sales are in the US, these pathetic sales figures look like a death rattle.

#127 Edited by Shewgenja (21456 posts) -

@flyincloud1116 said:

I wonder when the hold outpacing comments from MS will stop, or have they already stop.

I don't think MS themselves have used that line in months but the lems drag it out because they want to keep the fantasy alive.

#128 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Never catch Win10, half a billion gamers can't be wrong. :P

#129 Posted by Shewgenja (21456 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:
@Shewgenja said:

Yes, and everyone with a pair of Sony headphones is now a PS4 gamer, too.

#130 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Shewgenja said:

Ones a PC/X1 OS and the others hardware for listening to music.... Okie dokies then.

:P

#131 Posted by Shewgenja (21456 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:
@Shewgenja said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Shewgenja said:

Ones a PC/X1 OS and the others hardware for listening to music.... Okie dokies then.

:P

Things PC gamers don't do:

Pay for XBox Live

Play on XBox Live

Pay $60 for new releases

Stop gaming to recharge controllers

Stop gaming to change batteries

Make sure the monitor is on the right input channel

Worry about native resolutions

Make sure the disc is in the tray

buy discs at all

worry if the next PC will be backwards compatible

pay a single red penny for Microsoft licensing rights on third party games

#132 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

@Shewgenja:

LMAO, So what, what's all that have to do with the price of rice in China?

Yikes, that little comment of mine sure has you doing the Mega DC dance, good stuff. :P

#133 Posted by Flyincloud1116 (6418 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Shewgenja said:

AHHHHH, such a cute baby.

#134 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

@flyincloud1116:

How he got a hold of mah baby pics I'll never know. :P

#135 Posted by Zero_epyon (13318 posts) -

@dynamitecop said:
@tormentos said:
  • Wii - 432K (from 274K)
  • PlayStation 2 - 351.8K

I can understand what you're attempting to accomplish here but this entire line of thinking doesn't actually hold as any form of comparable or logical positioning.

• Different time
  • Different community
  • Different trends
  • Different consoles
  • Different launches

Basically, everything was entirely different yet you're trying to draw irrational parallels.

You sound upset...

#136 Posted by Flyincloud1116 (6418 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

@flyincloud1116:

How he got a hold of mah baby pics I'll never know. :P

He good like that.

#137 Posted by Flyincloud1116 (6418 posts) -

@Zero_epyon said:
@dynamitecop said:
@tormentos said:
  • Wii - 432K (from 274K)
  • PlayStation 2 - 351.8K

• Different time
  • Different community
  • Different trends
  • Different consoles
  • Different launches

You sound upset...

I hope he isn't upset over console sales. I mean the PS4 is all out gum.

#138 Posted by Zero_epyon (13318 posts) -

@flyincloud1116 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@dynamitecop said:
@tormentos said:
  • Wii - 432K (from 274K)
  • PlayStation 2 - 351.8K

• Different time
  • Different community
  • Different trends
  • Different consoles
  • Different launches

You sound upset...

lol. Right, so now we can't compare sales figures from previous gens, even though it's done everywhere outside of this forum.

#139 Posted by tormentos (29228 posts) -

@dynamitecop:

Totally irrelevant to the real point which is the xbox one will fall behind the xbox 360 in sales this year.

#140 Posted by AM-Gamer (8116 posts) -

@BigBadBully: Did either console have an exclusive released in February?

#141 Posted by cainetao11 (36672 posts) -

"No one is buying the X1"- 249k sold. Only in SW are approximately 250,000 people buying something "no one". PS is the heavyweight nobody denies that. But there really is no reason to lie.

#142 Posted by Flyincloud1116 (6418 posts) -

@Zero_epyon said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@dynamitecop said:
@tormentos said:
  • Wii - 432K (from 274K)
  • PlayStation 2 - 351.8K

• Different time
  • Different community
  • Different trends
  • Different consoles
  • Different launches

You sound upset...

lol. Right, so now we can't compare sales figures from previous gens, even though it's done everywhere outside of this forum.

Forget moving the goalpost, he has just taken it down and went home.

#143 Posted by Flubbbs (4968 posts) -

people spending that income tax money

#144 Posted by Zero_epyon (13318 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

Most were console exclusives to my knowledge. Street Fighter 5 being the most popular. Rocket League finally released on Xbox One last month.

#145 Posted by Moistcarrot (927 posts) -

Sony have already won this gen, don't really see the point of these threads anymore.

#146 Posted by Kruiz_Bathory (4765 posts) -

@Flubbbs: while others had to pay. Wishing I had some of that to buy 3ds and vita.

#147 Posted by EvanTheGamer (1531 posts) -

PS4 is best system this gen.

#148 Posted by finalstar2007 (27951 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

Digimon on PS4, Hyperdimention neptunia PS4, witch and the 100 knights, Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax and many more.. PS4 had a lot of exclusives in Feb

#149 Posted by dynamitecop (6395 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@dynamitecop:

Totally irrelevant to the real point which is the xbox one will fall behind the xbox 360 in sales this year.

Well then just come out and say that, you don't need to add a bunch of useless information in to make things appear worse than they are.

That seems a bit speculative to be honest, especially on the cusp of some pretty big releases this year, it could happen but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

#150 Posted by Heil68 (58244 posts) -

@EvanTheGamer said:

PS4 is best system this gen.

Indeed. It's given the power back to the gamer as it should be,.