FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

So, who wins October? The Switch, PS4 family? Xbox One? Or the SNES Classic? Not sure what time they'll be released, but I still say that Nintendo won again:

W/the SNES Classic still being a hot item, second place is the Switch, 3rd the PS4 already peaking, last Xbox One.

UPDATE https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/16/n...th-in-the-u-s/

The company revealed today that its hybrid home/handheld Switch was the top-selling gaming hardware for October, according to industry-tracking firm The NPD Group. That puts it ahead of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. But Switch wasn’t the only Nintendo system to outsell Microsoft’s and Sony’s devices. The Super NES Classic Edition system, which collects 21 classic 16-bit games in a miniaturized Super NES-like device, was the No. 2 best-selling piece of gaming hardware for the month.

“When combined with the NIntendo 3DS family of systems, Nintendo systems accounted for two-thirds of all video game hardware sold in the United States for the second month in a row,” reads a Nintendo press release.

The company confirmed that total U.S. hardware sales were over 1 million units, so consumers picked up at least 666,000 Switch, Super NES Classic, and 3DS consoles.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

So, who wins October? The Switch, PS4 family? Xbox One? Or the SNES Classic? Not sure what time they'll be released, but I still say that Nintendo won again:

W/the SNES Classic still being a hot item, second place is the Switch, 3rd the PS4 already peaking, last Xbox One.

those mario bundles sold great towards the end of the month. Mario came out on the 27th?

when does npd stop counting? will mario chart for at least a day or two?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FireEmblem_Man

@KBFloYd said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

those mario bundles sold great towards the end of the month. Mario came out on the 27th?

when does npd stop counting? will mario chart for at least a day or two?

I'm not sure, but I know that Mario will chart to make Heil68 finally cave in and join us to play Mario Odyssey!

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

Switch, PS4, SNES CLASSIC, then the Bone

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69412 Posts

PS Vita is going to dominate.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

PS4 will win....again....

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Most likely Switch will win. I can't remember anything big on PS4 last month TBH.

November belongs to PS4 however.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@quadknight said:

Most likely Switch will win. I can't remember anything big on PS4 last month TBH.

WOW only a game in the highest selling Sony franchise EVER released in GT Sport, that flop must be really killing you inside :(

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9 Kjtc1979
Member since 2017 • 365 Posts

Switch will easily sell the most units. The supply has been increased significantly.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

WOW only a game in the highest selling Sony franchise EVER released in GT Sport, that flop must be really killing you inside :(

What's SONY's November system seller? I can't think of any.

for having the "best exclusives" there's so much lack of information

P.S. Nintendo annihilates the opposition.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

This thread will be funny when the numbers are posted...

also

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

Why you projecting how you feel about your Forza backfire hype now? Forza BOMBED in sales.

Isn't Forza the best franchise MS has this generation...and the "flop" you label GTSport as totally obliterated it in sales EVERYWHERE.

Not only is Forza 7 a flop on GS, it also appears that fanboys only talked about it on here because it was the only high scoring game that MS has produced which scored better than a sony counterpart but no one really cares about or buys the game IRL.

Also, I thought you loved good racers? Guess not!

Seems you only loved Forza because it was the one MS franchise you could stand behind to say it was something better than what Sony has offered but you clearly don't care about quality racers as you've shown with your posts here.

GTSport scored the same as Forza 7 buddy!

In fact, pretty much all reviewers say GTSport has fantastic driving simulation...better in fact then your precious Forza 7, but you don't seem to care about that at all. You just damage control your false 10 hype for GTSport after you cowardly underhyped your own Forza 7...

The Forza 7 hype thread...

@i_p_daily said:

9's everywhere but here, i'd say an 8 here, maybe a 7 if Miguel is reviewing it as he needs his replay's at 60fps

and then...in the GTSport hype thread

@i_p_daily said:

@Zero_epyon: Congrats Zero on showing some balls as the hardcore cows are to scared to put up the hype thread lol.

Put me down for a 10, anything less is a flop. I've been told that EVERYONE who's played the demo said it was great, I've also been told that EVERY preview has been positive, so this is an easy 10.

Tsk tsk..

LOL talk about "hardcore cows being scared" after ranting about how much better of a franchise Forza is than GT then you bitch up and flip flop when putting down you own hype for Forza 7.

Guess you only loved Forza "scoring" better than Sony's exclusive racer on GS but this narrative didn't work out this time so you dropped the racing fan act and went full fanboy.

So much for the so called self-proclaimed "racing fan" LMAO.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By QuadKnight

@lexxluger said:

also

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

Why you projecting how you feel about your Forza backfire hype now? Forza BOMBED in sales.

Isn't Forza the best franchise MS has this generation...and the "flop" you label GTSport as totally obliterated it in sales EVERYWHERE.

Not only is Forza 7 a flop on GS, it also appears that fanboys only talked about it on here because it was the only high scoring game that MS has produced which scored better than a sony counterpart but no one really cares about or buys the game IRL.

Seems you only loved Forza because it was the one MS franchise you could stand behind to say it was something better than what Sony has offered but you clearly don't care about quality racers as you've shown with your posts here.

In fact, pretty much all reviewers say GTSport has fantastic driving simulation...better in fact then your precious Forza 7, but you don't seem to care about that at all. You just damage control your false 10 hype for GTSport after you cowardly underhyped your own Forza 7...

@i_p_daily said:

9's everywhere but here, i'd say an 8 here, maybe a 7 if Miguel is reviewing it as he needs his replay's at 60fps

@i_p_daily said:

@Zero_epyon: Congrats Zero on showing some balls as the hardcore cows are to scared to put up the hype thread lol.

Put me down for a 10, anything less is a flop. I've been told that EVERYONE who's played the demo said it was great, I've also been told that EVERY preview has been positive, so this is an easy 10.

Tsk tsk..

LOL talk about "hardcore cows being scared" after ranting about how much better of a franchise Forza is than GT then you bitch up and flip flop when putting down you own hype for Forza 7.

Guess you only loved Forza "scoring" better than Sony's exclusive racer on GS but this narrative didn't work out this time so you dropped the racing fan act and went full fanboy.

? Wow, what a savage takedown.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Only care about global.

Sony, Nintendo, MS.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

I predict loads of Salt.

Okay, what do I win? lol :P

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

PS4 will be dominating like always. Sorry Switch owners, but if you ain't first, you're last.

Btw, what's the ETA on results?

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@nygamespotter said:

PS4 will be dominating like always. Sorry Switch owners, but if you ain't first, you're last.

Btw, what's the ETA on results?

Sure, but Switch has been outselling PS4 for months.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

For the big gen 8 console battle , I think

1. PS4
  2. Xbone
  3. Wii U

Switch should do very well , but it has no gen 9 handheld/console hybrid competition yet. The SNES classic is a novelty item so who really cares? The Vita might as well be dead. The 3DS should do ok.

I can't wait to see if I'm right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@lexxluger said:

also

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

@i_p_daily said:

@i_p_daily said:

Tsk tsk..

I love the cherry picking from the thread.

Where is the part where I hyped Forza, did you forget to post it or maybe, just maybe you couldn't find it because I never hyped it in the first place, I predicted the score GS would give it and i was right, that was not my hype for it, talk about a back fire lex.

Secondly a game on a platform with what 68 million users outsells a game with what 30 million users, holy shit we got a modern day Sherlock Holmes over here lol.

Go back through the GT Sport hype thread and re-read all my posts and you will notice what I was doing, well you would if you had a clue, it was to stir up the cows and it's still working because you're still posting it, and remember GT Sport was a big ol flop because it didn't get a 10 :(

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44137 Posts

The Switch will probably win followed by the SNES Classic Mini.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight: Not even close, what was savage was the whole shilling you did for GT Sport and yet you forgot it released a month ago, geez that VR mode you talk about being god's gift to gaming you suddenly forgot all about LOL.

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the330and419
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

Switch dominates followed by ps4. Then, SNES classic, 3DS, Dreamcast, Atari Jaguar, then Xbox One.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

I predict loads of Salt.

A degree in damage control and fake news. :)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@SecretPolice said:

I predict loads of Salt.

A degree in damage control and fake news. :)

lolol, so then it's a booby prize. Eh, as long as I get a pair of'em, I'm good. :P

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Either way, if Xbox One X isn't in the top 3 it's in big trouble...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#25 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Xbonex 300.000.000 units sold.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SecretPolice

@scatteh316 said:

Lol that would be some kind of voodoo magical thing if X1X sold even One since X1X didn't launch until Nov. 7th...... Stay Salty. :P

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Xbox should win, if not it's a very very bad sign for Xbox fanatics.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@tigerbalm said:

why would xbox win?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@scatteh316 said:

Lol that would be some kind of voodoo magical thing if X1X sold even One since X1X didn't launch until Nov. 7th...... Stay Salty. :P

I am curious to see how well has Xbox One X performed well on sales and after all, it was heavy hype after E3 2017.

As for the actual thread, my money's on Nintendo Switch coming at number 1!

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#30 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@the330and419 said:

Switch dominates followed by ps4. Then, SNES classic, 3DS, Dreamcast, Atari Jaguar, Virtual Boy, then Xbox One.

Fixed.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily: I didn’t forget it released a month ago but if you had a normal brain you would know that GT games don’t sell particularly well in the US. Most of its sales come from Europe and Asia. You were so eager to “own” me you turned your brain off. This is NPD and It only takes US sales into consideration hence my response.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

Lol... Why is that exactly?

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

@tigerbalm said:

No this is October, Xbox One X will show up next month (in third place)

The mighty PS4 will come out on top this month showing its dominance.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#34 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

For October?
I'll say the Switch

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice

@davillain- said:
@SecretPolice said:
@scatteh316 said:

I am curious to see how well has Xbox One X performed well on sales and after all, it was heavy hype after E3 2017.

As for the actual thread, my money's on Nintendo Switch coming at number 1!

Perhaps you missed the point but this thread is for October NPD sales. X1X didn't launch until one full week into November so ya know, the first full month X1X sales will be December and my oh my, come January ....

The jelly & salt samiches may leave a bad taste for many MS Xbox haters here. You hungry? lololol :P

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

The final score is...

Switch > SNES Classic > PS4 > Xbox One

3DS unknown but lower than PS4.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@techhog89 said:

The final score is...

Switch > SNES Classic > PS4 > Xbox One

3DS unknown but lower than PS4.

they are doing a great job with snes classic stock.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:

@i_p_daily: I didn’t forget it released a month ago but if you had a normal brain you would know that GT games don’t sell particularly well in the US. Most of its sales come from Europe and Asia. You were so eager to “own” me you turned your brain off. This is NPD and It only takes US sales into consideration hence my response.

You act like no one in US plays racing games, but they do and it was the #5 most downloaded game on PSN in October.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

You act like no one in US plays racing games, but they do and it was the #5 most downloaded game on PSN in October.

Stop talking horse shit. Where did I say that?

I said they don't sell particularly well in the US which is true. Europe and Asia is a much stronger market for GT than US.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

Stop talking horse shit. Where did I say that?

I said they don't sell particularly well in the US which is true. Europe and Asia is a much stronger market for GT than US.

Did you read the link or do you just ignore all facts that prove you wrong lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 QuadKnight

@i_p_daily: What does PSN top download have to do with NPD? What are you smoking dude? Of course it will be high in PSN downloads from Sony’s store, it’s their biggest exclusive game release of the month.

Does that mean GT games do particularly well in US compared to other regions? ? Hell no, GTFO with your link, you proved nothing.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Switch wins with PS4 second and Xbox One third. Seems to be the trend lately. GT Sport in top 10 but not top 3.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By QuadKnight

@Zero_epyon: Just like I called it. GTS is big for Sony but it doesn’t sell too hot in the US. Sony’s biggest market for GT is EU and Asia by far.

Switch is just selling like hot cakes right now. Nothing will be able to overtake it until this month with PS4 Slim BF deals. $199 PS4 deals this holiday should most likely ensure a Sony victory for the month.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

PS3 will beat Wii60 once again.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FireEmblem_Man

@quadknight: Europeans have bad taste in racing games, you should know that already.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 QuadKnight

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@quadknight: Europeans have bad taste in racing games, you should know that already.

And Americans have better? I'd like to have whatever it is you're smoking.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

I saw this shit coming from a mile away that Nintendo Switch was gonna win October!

Okay you sorry ass Lems, exclusive games do matter, remember that. Exclusive games>Powerful console.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50

@davillain- said:

I saw this shit coming from a mile away that Nintendo Switch was gonna win October!

Okay you sorry ass Lems, exclusive games do matter, remember that. Exclusive games>Powerful console.

Well yeah, I honestly don't see any lems defending the lack of exclusives, we know that.

But some of us like the extra fire power and said console, and that somehow triggers other people.

I still stand by my prediction, Nintendo WILL win the holiday season, despite cheap PS4 bundles, cheap XB1S bundles, I don't see them one upping Nintendo.

I worked retail during the wii craze, you don't even know how many parents ask for Nintendo's console because they know it's got less mature/violent games.

Add the firepower of Mario, Pokemon and Zelda. this should be an easy sweep for Nintendo.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@quadknight: don’t be so sure about Sony outselling Nintendo in November. There are probably tons of people waiting to pick up the new “hot Christmas toy” for their kids. The $200 PS4’s don’t hit until the end of the month, and this will be the first time odyssey is available for an entire month.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FLOPPAGE_50

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@quadknight: don’t be so sure about Sony outselling Nintendo in November. There are probably tons of people waiting to pick up the new “hot Christmas toy” for their kids. The $200 PS4’s don’t hit until the end of the month, and this will be the first time odyssey is available for an entire month.

Yeah I fully expect Nintendo to dominate November/December.

the word of mouth from parents + a critical acclaimed mario/zelda game will build a ton of hype.

Smart comeback by Nintendo.