NPD November: XB1 (including X1X) has its stongest sales month ever---------->is still beaten by the PS4 in units sold.

#1 Edited by Reduc_Ab_ (5564 posts) -

Lol. MS had its best console month this gen, and Sony still sold more. Guess the X1X isn't the PS4 killer lems were hoping for. Oh well, better luck next gen. ;)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-tops-xbox-one-in-november-us-sales/1100-6455668/

#2 Posted by Syn_Valence (1661 posts) -

HA, and sheep have been shaved once again.

#3 Posted by EG101 (1817 posts) -

XB1X isn't there to beat PS4 numbers. It's there as an alternate for Gamers who want to take advantage of what Xbox offers with the Best Specs a console can offer.

#4 Edited by FLOPPAGE_50 (4430 posts) -

No one thought the XB1X would be a PS4 "killer".. if you think a 500-600 dollar upgrade would beat a 199 dollar console you're a fucking moron. plain and simple.

However, the fact that the MS brand is trending up hill with no solid new IPs and a fantastic upgrade for those loyal to the brand with the XB1X, MS at this point must improve sales their new games/IP. I hope they announce some stuff this coming year.

MS is doing well after the 2013 E3 disaster.

#5 Posted by Shewgenja (19543 posts) -

#6 Posted by Archangel3371 (23873 posts) -

Sounds like all three had a very good November and that makes me happy. Healthy competition is great for the industry.

#7 Edited by QuadKnight (10119 posts) -

Poor lems. they were own convinced the XboneX would propel them to victory this month.

Turns out not enough people give a shit about a $500 console with no games.

#8 Posted by Shewgenja (19543 posts) -

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Broken 30M yet?

#9 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (4430 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

Sounds like all three had a very good November and that makes me happy. Healthy competition is great for the industry.

ayyy

without competition it would be like Madden and the NHL franchise for EA.

I miss 2k.

#10 Posted by Zero_epyon (12125 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

I totally get this on so many levels!

#11 Posted by lundy86_4 (48889 posts) -

Were people actually hyping it to destroy PS4 in sales?

#13 Edited by FLOPPAGE_50 (4430 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Broken 30M yet?

There's no official number as of yet, I'm not an MS employee.

The fact that Xbox one and the X can sell well after the backlash they've received this past year is phenomenal, they had an extremely healthy UK black friday too.

If you can't accept or realize the fact that MS has improved their console and brand over the past 2 years is insane, they've really tried to please their fanbase and intrigrate new fans who are entering 4k the era with their new TVs.

MS is doing well.

#14 Edited by Shewgenja (19543 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

PS4s power advantage over the XBox was touted as its saving grace. Exclusives don't matter to the average consumer. All of that shit stood on trial this month. Nevermind how many threads we have had over the years touting backwards compatibility as pro-consumer.

#15 Posted by QuadKnight (10119 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Yup, they were lol. Both inhere and on youtube. Crazy lems like this clown called Crapgamer were hyping that XboneX would be the destruction of PS4 lol.

Loading Video...

#16 Posted by Shewgenja (19543 posts) -

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@Shewgenja said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Broken 30M yet?

The fact that Xbox one and the X can sell well after the backlash they've received this past year is phenomenal, they had an extremely healthy UK black friday too.

If you can't accept or realize the fact that MS has improved their console and brand over the past 2 years is insane, they've really tried to please their fanbase and intrigrate new fans who are entering 4k era with their new TVs.

MS is doing well.

I want to see the receipts.

#17 Edited by Archangel3371 (23873 posts) -

@FLOPPAGE_50: Yeah for sure.

#18 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (4430 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@Shewgenja said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Broken 30M yet?

If you can't accept or realize the fact that MS has improved their console and brand over the past 2 years is insane, they've really tried to please their fanbase and intrigrate new fans who are entering 4k era with their new TVs.

MS is doing well.

I want to see the receipts.

que? what am I the IRS?

#19 Posted by Chutebox (43474 posts) -

I seriously hate that they don't share numbers

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
#20 Posted by REVOLUTIONfreak (18407 posts) -

Why is GameSpot talking about Xbox winning in dollar sales? What kind of actual irrelevant media spin?

#21 Edited by QuadKnight (10119 posts) -

@REVOLUTIONfreak: it’s probably some damage control so that MS won’t blacklist them. Of course they would win I n revenue, they just launched a new $500 but they still lost the month so winning in hardware revenue is pointless, especially when PS4 won in both units sold and software sold as well.

#22 Edited by Xabiss (1570 posts) -
@reduc_ab_ said:

Lol. MS had its best console month this gen, and Sony still sold more. Guess the X1X isn't the PS4 killer lems were hoping for. Oh well, better luck next gen. ;)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-tops-xbox-one-in-november-us-sales/1100-6455668/

More made up bullshit from cows. Hell even the Pro can't out sell the PS4 why would a $500 console out sell a $199 console. You fanboys are getting beyond pathetic making up shit.

BTW... Xbox One earned the most in dollar sales.

#23 Posted by Black96Z (679 posts) -

X1X came out on the 7th of Nov...giving PS4 a 6 day head start for the month! :-P

Seriously tho, $200/$350 PS4 vs $190/$500 Xbone. Really aint no surprise. But still sounds like MS had a good month.

#24 Posted by Xabiss (1570 posts) -

@quadknight said:

Poor lems. they were own convinced the XboneX would propel them to victory this month.

Best selling month in the history of Xbox says there are. Way to make a good thing into a bad thing! I really don't expect anything different out of you.

Also congrats to Sony and Nintendo, all these sales are great for our industry!

#25 Posted by cainetao11 (33535 posts) -

Never claimed it would be a sales monster

All it proves is what I have said since ps2/xbox gen: PS is the popular WW favorite

I don't follow others, I like what I like.

Better luck with someone with no balls.

#26 Posted by Xabiss (1570 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

All it proves is what I have said since ps2/xbox gen: PS is the popular WW favorite

Xbox One earned the most in dollar sales. Looks like Xbox did just fine to me. ;) That is a sales monster!

#27 Posted by Xabiss (1570 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

Amen to this 10000000000000000000000000000000000000 times!

#28 Posted by QuadKnight (10119 posts) -

@Xabiss said:
@cainetao11 said:

Xbox One earned the most in dollar sales. Looks like Xbox did just fine to me. ;) That is a sales monster!

You would have point if they actually made money on every XboneX they sold but they don't:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-15-xbox-one-x-selling-at-a-loss

I know you want to hear that Xbone is still winning somehow but it isn't.

#29 Posted by Xabiss (1570 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@Xabiss said:
@cainetao11 said:

You would have point if they actually made money on every XboneX they sold but they don't:

#30 Edited by QuadKnight (10119 posts) -

@Xabiss said:
@quadknight said:

Best selling month in the history of Xbox says there are. Way to make a good thing into a bad thing! I really don't expect anything different out of you.

How? They still lost the month. PS4 had their biggest month in PS history and decimated them, all without needing to launch a new console. You're in denial dude, just hold that L.

#31 Posted by Dagubot (251 posts) -

No one on here thought the Xbox One X would be a sales monster...lmao. If so, I want to see quotes then from these lemmings who claimed so because they’re morons...

#32 Posted by QuadKnight (10119 posts) -

@Xabiss said:
@quadknight said:
@Xabiss said:
@cainetao11 said:

Nah lol, you're upset and butthurt Xbone lost NPD and you still can't play Death Stranding on your FailBone.

#33 Posted by Xabiss (1570 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@Xabiss said:
@quadknight said:

How? They still lost the month. PS4 had their biggest month in PS history and decimated them, all without needing to launch a new console. You're in denial dude, just hold that L.

Nope not at all. Xbox still had the best month they have ever had. The X was never created to out do the PS4 it is for a select market. This shows the X sold well and that the Xbox brand did well all around. It also shows that the PS4 had a monster month and the Switch did really well.

What does all of this mean. It means out industry is doing just fine and everyone is selling hardware. This is good for the consumer and good for real gamers and not fanboys!

#34 Edited by Xabiss (1570 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@Xabiss said:
@quadknight said:
@Xabiss said:
@cainetao11 said:

Nah lol, you're upset and butthurt Xbone lost NPD and you still can't play Death Stranding on your FailBone.

But I can on the Pro I own! So you fail again fanboy! Good lord you are dumb as shit!

#35 Posted by KBFloYd (19419 posts) -

lol xbox still made more money than sony!

so how is this a win for sony again??? lol

here is the top 20 games

November 2017 Top 20 All Platforms

*Titles marked with an asterisk do not include digital sales*

1. Call of Duty: WWII
  2. Star Wars: Battlefront II
  3. Assassin's Creed: Origins
  4. NBA 2K18
  5. Madden NFL 18
  6. Super Mario Odyssey*
  7. FIFA 18
  8. Need for Speed: Payback
  9. Destiny 2*
  10. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  11. Pokemon Ultra Moon
  12. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  13. Grand Theft Auto V
  14. The Sims 4
  15. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  16. Mario Kart 8*
  17. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus*
  18. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  19. WWE 2K18
  20. Just Dance 2018
#36 Posted by KBFloYd (19419 posts) -

good to see mario in the top6 and zelda, mario kart and pokemon in the top 20.

#37 Posted by QuadKnight (10119 posts) -

@Xabiss said:
@quadknight said:
@Xabiss said:
@quadknight said:

Nope not at all. Xbox still had the best month they have ever had. The X was never created to out do the PS4 it is for a select market. This shows the X sold well and that the Xbox brand did well all around. It also shows that the PS4 had a monster month and the Switch did really well.

What does all of this mean. It means out industry is doing just fine and everyone is selling hardware. This is good for the consumer and good for real gamers and not fanboys!

Dude, you're in denial. When new consoles launch they usually post big numbers enough for them to actually win a month. This is probably one of the first times when a company launches a new SKU and still loses the month. This is MS strongest market by far and even with launch hype they still couldn't win the month. It's a disaster any way you look at it. What's gonna happen in January when launch hype dies and they are no longer selling XboneS at $189 huh? Sales will fall off a cliff again. You can keep lying to yourself that everything is fine but we all know the truth. The fact they couldn't even win one month this year in their strongest territory despite a new console launch is troubling.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
#38 Posted by REVOLUTIONfreak (18407 posts) -

@quadknight: I think it's just lazy journalism falling for a press release spin. Like, maybe mention it toward the end but don't put it up top, as if it explains away somehow why Xbox still lost on the month of a much-hyped and funded launch.

#39 Posted by Xabiss (1570 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

lol xbox still made more money than sony!

so how is this a win for sony again??? lol

here is the top 20 games

November 2017 Top 20 All Platforms

*Titles marked with an asterisk do not include digital sales*

2. Star Wars: Battlefront II
  3. Assassin's Creed: Origins
  4. NBA 2K18
  5. Madden NFL 18
  6. Super Mario Odyssey*
  7. FIFA 18
  8. Need for Speed: Payback
  9. Destiny 2*
  10. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  11. Pokemon Ultra Moon
  12. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  13. Grand Theft Auto V
  14. The Sims 4
  15. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  16. Mario Kart 8*
  17. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus*
  18. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  19. WWE 2K18
  20. Just Dance 2018

Its called cow spin!

#40 Posted by QuadKnight (10119 posts) -

@Xabiss said:
@quadknight said:
@Xabiss said:
@quadknight said:
@Xabiss said:

But I can on the Pro I own! So you fail again fanboy! Good lord you are dumb as shit!

Says I'm dumb yet he spent $500 on XboneX to play multiplatss at 12fps. Laugh at yourself clown, I can play all your FlopBone games on my PC with better settings.

🤣 Have fun playing PUBG lol...

Loading Video...

#41 Posted by KBFloYd (19419 posts) -

judging by the most sold games in USA.... big AAA multiplats like COD, assasin creed, battlefield/battlefront, madden, fifa, nba 2k, destiny

these games are what is selling xbox and playstation and keeping ps4 in such high demand.

nintendo is offering a great unique experience. with great first party games like zelda and mario. however it seems games like the AAA multis i listed are more popular than nintendo's games overall.

maybe if mario was on all platforms it would outsell call of duty. if zelda was on all platforms it would outsell assasins creed or battlefront.

it's up to nintendo. i mean they are still making tons of money because they are the richest company in japan above sony. maybe selling their stuff full price instead of sony practically giving theirs away is what keeps them so rich. look at microsoft selling less consoles and still making more money than sony.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#42 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (772 posts) -

@reduc_ab_: It's not the best console sales month, it's their best November. Xbox One will never have a best console sales month ever again.

#43 Posted by Dagubot (251 posts) -

@quadknight I linked that same video yesterday in the PUBG thread on here...lmfao. I started laughing my ass off; especially at 3:43 when the dude like swims away on land...lmfao.

#44 Edited by QuadKnight (10119 posts) -

@dagubot said:

@quadknight I linked that same video yesterday in the PUBG thread on here...lmfao. I started laughing my ass off; especially at 3:43 when the dude like swims away on land...lmfao.

🤣 I bursted out laughing at that moment too. Some of the biggest fail I've ever seen in a game. MS and Bluehole should be ashamed of releasing the game in that state and allowing people to pay money for it.

#45 Posted by Ant_17 (7693 posts) -

Every month MS loses, yet they cheer on their "better than last time" effort.

Participation trophy much?

#46 Posted by Xabiss (1570 posts) -

@quadknight I do have fun playing PUBG! Thank you! BTW game is not even released yet so again you fail again. I know you are use to fail so it is okay!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#47 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (772 posts) -

@Xabiss said:
@quadknight said:
@Xabiss said:
@cainetao11 said:

He's completely right. Some Xbox guys are running with this metric like it means something when all it means is MS is paying more to sell their console relative to actual sales. Xbox hardware is not profitable.

#48 Posted by cainetao11 (33535 posts) -

@Xabiss: Xbox One earned the most in dollar sales. Looks like Xbox did just fine to me. ;) That is a sales monster!"

Dude I'm an unapologetic lemming. Some here, including a couple of cows have wondered why I have never won the Spencer award as king of lemmings in SW.

The Xbox earned more money in dollars due to the $500 price tag of the X1X and it moving many of those.

They didn't win the month. It doesn't matter. Let it go.

#49 Edited by KBFloYd (19419 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@Xabiss: Xbox One earned the most in dollar sales. Looks like Xbox did just fine to me. ;) That is a sales monster!"

Dude I'm an unapologetic lemming. Some here, including a couple of cows have wondered why I have never won the Spencer award as king of lemmings in SW.

The Xbox earned more money in dollars due to the $500 price tag of the X1X and it moving many of those.

hmm...one of the top lemmings concedes the loss. ok then i will also back off and say xbox lost the month to playstation.

btw...

Top 10 Selling Games of 2017

2. Destiny 2*
  3. NBA 2K18
  4. Madden NFL 18
  5. Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
  8. For Honor
  9. Injustice 2
  10. Horizon: Zero Dawn

good to see zelda in the top 10 games of 2017. i thought horizon zero dawn would be out... guess not. guess mario odyssey released too late to take it's spot.

#50 Edited by QuadKnight (10119 posts) -

@Xabiss said:

@quadknight I do have fun playing PUBG! Thank you! BTW game is not even released yet so again you fail again. I know you are use to fail so it is okay!

Of course you have fun, if MS pooped in your mouth you'd swallow it and ask for more. You're a rabid lemming pretending to be a manticore, you have zero standards lol.

🤣 You're in a thread where MS lost NPD declaring victory, that's all that needs to be said about you lol.

@cainetao11 said:

This is why you and I get along so well despite belonging to different factions bro. You're objective enough to call out bullshit like this.

MS should be happy they beat their own internal records but this month is definitely not a true win since they came in second despite a new console launch. I wish more lems were like you, it would make this place a lot more fun since people would actually accept ownage when they've been owned. This outright denial and damage control in the face of reality is what's making SW die unfortunately.