NPD November 2013: PS4 Tops Hardware and Software Charts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#401  Edited By GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

we'll see how these numbers hold up without the supply constraints

remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#402 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

This is such great entertainment! It's like a schoolyard full of second stringers arguing over the "participation" ribbon.

Keep fighting... You are making these late shifts at work much less boring!

No side can claim the other is "done" yet. LMAO. The damn things haven't been out a month.

But don't stop.., I'm enjoying all this immensely!

hamster3_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#403 hamster3_3
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@kuu2 said:

Just so no one forgets what this is all about. Thank me Cows!

Loading Video...

Dude, you do realize a 3rd rate online only shooter is a far cry from the GeOW-esque smash hit ur making this out to be? LOOL

Last gen lems wouldn't give a rats ass about TF. Now, its a massive hit on Halo levels HAHAHAH!

It does look fun though.

Loading Video...

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#404  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

PS4 is the highest selling console according to Gamasutra, Xbox One is the fastest selling console (remember, it was on the market for one week less), Xbox 360 highest selling last gen system.

We still don't know what the highest selling system period is.

i thought the wii was the highest selling console last gen....or did sw all decided that the wii doesnt count as a console?

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Today was the 2nd day in a row I found a PS4 in stores. Yesterday there were 3 at a local Wal Mart so I picked one up for my brother in law. Today I went to a Gamestop just to browse and they had a bunch so I got another one for the bedroom. Below is a pic of me setting up the new one in the bedroom with the "older" one below it. I still haven't seen another Xbox One since launch. It's crazy how different things can be in different parts of the country.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#406  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

@charizard1605 said:

PS4 is the highest selling console according to Gamasutra, Xbox One is the fastest selling console (remember, it was on the market for one week less), Xbox 360 highest selling last gen system.

We still don't know what the highest selling system period is.

i thought the wii was the highest selling console last gen....or did sw all decided that the wii doesnt count as a console?

We're talking about November 2013 sales in USA, bro

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#408 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

LOL @ shipment wars

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Does NPD keep track of iPad sales and other electronics? I just want to see how these electronics match up with the consoles. People will buy whatever at whatever price it seems. I wouldn't be surprised if people bought more iPads than these two or three consoles combined.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#410  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Does NPD keep track of iPad sales and other electronics? I just want to see how these electronics match up with the consoles. People will buy whatever at whatever price it seems. I wouldn't be surprised if people bought more iPads than these two or three consoles combined.

iPads or any other tablets aren't in the same market as console gaming. They are more inline of the PC, as they are starting to cannibalize Laptops.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Best when viewed in 1080p. Just like your videogames.

Loading Video...

This is exactly what is happening to the XBone.

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#413  Edited By EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

There's no doubt in any logical persons mind, that PS4 is selling well. You just have to take into consideration (regardless of your fanboyism) X1 did launch one week later, it is $100 more and it is being sold in about 20 countries less than PS4, currently. They are both selling extremely well but you have to give MS props where it's due at this point.

Sony is leaving themselves wide open for a holidays sales defeat if they don't keep stock flowing at the same pace MS is....There are lots of impulse buyers out there, especially this time of year.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#414 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Let's see how the Xbone sells after the holidays. It's just the holidays the real showdown begins after the holidays. Xbone is going to get KO'd by PS4.

Akrillax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415  Edited By Akrillax
Member since 2013 • 116 Posts

Any cow claiming ownage is delusional.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#416 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@tormentos: So you are saying that a product that comes out for 15 days and outsells a competing product that's out for 8 isn't an advantage at all? How stupid are you. A product is only out however many days it is out. The PS4 had a whole extra week and that resulted in its win. There's zero wrong or bad about it, but that is a fact. You're a grown man, dude. Common sense is your friend

So you're admitting that the year long headstart of the 360 is the reason why it beat the PS3 in terms of sales?

Divine_Menace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 Divine_Menace
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts

@betamaxx83 said:

Let's see how the Xbone sells after the holidays. It's just the holidays the real showdown begins after the holidays. Xbone is going to get KO'd by PS4.

Strategy wins battles. Honestly I feel Microsoft has a better battle plan prepared. Esp for the holidays.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@blackace said:

Damage control at it's finest. Keep the tears flowing GrenadeLauncher.

“Demand for next generation gaming continues to be very strong,” said John Love, director of video games at Amazon. “At peak demand, customers were ordering the Xbox One console at over 1000 units per minute on Amazon.com.”

How long did that peak demand last? Two minutes?

Keep damage controlling, lem scum, you'll only continue to make a fool of yourself.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@shawn30 said:

This best represents your posts.

This represents my reaction to you making your posts.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@NoirLamia777 said:

@shawn30 said:

@tormentos: So you are saying that a product that comes out for 15 days and outsells a competing product that's out for 8 isn't an advantage at all? How stupid are you. A product is only out however many days it is out. The PS4 had a whole extra week and that resulted in its win. There's zero wrong or bad about it, but that is a fact. You're a grown man, dude. Common sense is your friend

So you're admitting that the year long headstart of the 360 is the reason why it beat the PS3 in terms of sales?

Yep last gen the year head start wasn't the reason why the xbox 360 was ahead,even that the PS3 sold 80 million 1 year faster than the xbox 360 did,some how of both came the same year the PS3 would not be 8 millions ahead by now..

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

@greensand24 said:

If you go by the law of mathematics and averages the XOne would've outsold the ps4 with 1.8 mil if they had the extra week.

You sound exactly like a Cow crying the PS3 won because the 360 had an extra year !

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 Shewgenja

Lemming Extinction Continuation.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Forgot how big of a deal this was.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 Shewgenja

@juarbles said:

@tormentos said:

@NoirLamia777 said:

@shawn30 said:

Yep last gen the year head start wasn't the reason why the xbox 360 was ahead,even that the PS3 sold 80 million 1 year faster than the xbox 360 did,some how of both came the same year the PS3 would not be 8 millions ahead by now..

LOL, xboners are not only the biggest whiners in the gaming industry ever they are also the most hypocritical and talentless.

That's probably what happens when your system of choice falls third twice in a row and then blasts you with a cable remote the third time around.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#427 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

I'm guessing this thread proceeded as I expected without going through nine pages of fanboy praising and bashing of sales. Going to be a lot of this into this current generation.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428  Edited By stereointegrity

@Shewgenja said:

@juarbles said:

@tormentos said:

@NoirLamia777 said:

@shawn30 said:

LOL, xboners are not only the biggest whiners in the gaming industry ever they are also the most hypocritical and talentless.

That's probably what happens when your system of choice falls third twice in a row and then blasts you with a cable remote the third time around.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429  Edited By stereointegrity

@Shewgenja said:

@juarbles said:

@tormentos said:

@NoirLamia777 said:

@shawn30 said:

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#430 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

You do realize all the WHITE Boxes are XBox 360's right? The XBox 360 obviously outsold the PS3 so badly that Sony won't even release the PS3 sales figures. There's only 1 XBox One in there and I'm sure it got sold after you took the picture. lol!!

I see there still a LOT of butthurt Cows in here blabbing about nothing as usual.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

@stereointegrity said:

You do realize all the WHITE Boxes are XBox 360's right? The XBox 360 obviously outsold the PS3 so badly that Sony won't even release the PS3 sales figures. There's only 1 XBox One in there and I'm sure it got sold after you took the picture. lol!!

I see there still a LOT of butthurt Cows in here blabbing about nothing as usual.

Hard fact there was an xbox one to buy,non PS4 to buy that 100% more unsold units..hahahahaa

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#432 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

@stereointegrity said:

Hard fact there was an xbox one to buy,non PS4 to buy that 100% more unsold units..hahahahaa

Whatever makes you feel better about your purchase dude. lmao!! No one cares really.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433  Edited By babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

@_SWAG_ said:

its a rap. the people have spoken the world have spoken the gamers have spoken. the ps4 is what people want and need because it has the best games the best online the best controller the best price, its faster and more powerful. its made by gamers for gamers unlike the xbone only wid tv crap. sony is back we believe again thank you godny playstation! Sony Wins Another Generation imho

Couldn't have said it any better. PS 4 is kicking ass and lem-dogs are just left with in the cold with a nasty x-bone to feed on. I mean I don't know why they are trying to spin in circles with this, don't you lem-dogs have any dignity left!

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 stereointegrity

@blackace said:

@stereointegrity said:

omg i didnt even notice the white box said 360 omg how dumb of me.......

no shit sherlock they are 360's just the fact that there wasnt a single ps3 or ps4 is why i took the picture....

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 Shewgenja

Anecdotal evidence:

I'm in Houston Texas for the holiday season. I went to the Galleria Mall yesterday to do some shopping and as I swung by the Microsoft store, they had a stack of Bones about four feet high right next to the entrance. The Sony store isn't very far from there, so I went by there and asked if they had any Quads..

Nope.

Won't have any until Tuesday.

Sorry to say Lems, but the XBone is not the hot holiday item you guys are saying it is. Shit is straight up collecting dust. They didn't even sell one XBone from the Microsoft store while I was at the mall and I was there for a good three hours and this was the evening/afternoon time. It was hard to find a parking spot, so it's not like people weren't out.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Having recently bought an Xbox One, I couldn't care less what the "Sales" are. It really is an amazing console, Forza 5, and Dead Rising 3 are SOOO much fun. Honestly I thought they would be gimmicky but I actually enjoy using the Kinect commands. They make performing actions so much easier, don't get me wrong they aren't always %100 working but I believe that's because I don't talk loud enough to it.