NPD is out Nioh >> Halo wars 2.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tormentos (26637 posts) -

February retail game sales are down 21% year over year.

Hardware was down 30% year over year.

Console and Handheld game sales were down 14% year over year.

Physical and Steam PC software sales (for AAA games) were down 26% year over year.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-16-ubisofts-for-honor-tops-us-game-sales-during-tough-february-npd

#2 Posted by Pray_to_me (4041 posts) -

Ugh. Ubisoft trash

#3 Posted by Mojoz (52 posts) -

This does seem odd considering the amount of amazing games out early this year. Then again, I've not got round to playing most of them, so I'm not too surprised. They are all really long games! (minus Resi 7)!

#4 Posted by BIack_Goku (587 posts) -

Did anyone actually ask for another Halo Wars? Nioh is an amazing game and deserves it.

#5 Edited by KBFloYd (19113 posts) -

this is nothing to brag about...

nioh did horrible.

but at least it sold a million WW. so it's not too bad cows.

#6 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (14984 posts) -

@tormentos: Desperate for some good news hey? Talk about clutching at straws.

#7 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

@biack_goku said:

Did anyone actually ask for another Halo Wars?

yes

#8 Edited by tormentos (26637 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

What...Hahahahaa a Niche game just outsold a game with the Halo name on it..hahahaaa

Wait what happen to those 26 million xbox one owners what the hell are they buying...Hahahahaa

You know just using the logic use against Horizon..lol

#9 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17346 posts) -

I hope Nioh is meeting/exceeding their expectations. Such a good game.

#10 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (14984 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

What...Hahahahaa a Niche game just outsold a game with the Halo name on it..hahahaaa

Wait what happen to those 26 million xbox one owners what the hell are they buying...Hahahahaa

It's not a mainline Halo game for starters... and is probably as niche as Nioh. It's an RTS on console ffs.

#11 Posted by DaVillain- (27291 posts) -

I think RE7 on PS4 takes the lead since it's the only version your able to play VR and Sony has temporary VR exclusive so I say RE7 PS4 also benefits this as well as PSVR being the cheapest device anyway. But I ended up getting RE7 on PC.

#12 Posted by Liquid_ (3818 posts) -

rts games have come and gone.

miss the glory days of Age of Empires 2 and C&C Generals

#13 Posted by MonsieurX (36992 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

What happens with those 60 millions PS4 owners,what are they buying?

#14 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

ROFL. A niche game is killing the biggest name on Xbox. Shows how tired everyone is of the Halo name.

#15 Edited by gago-gago (12026 posts) -

Shows you not even a name like Halo can help a niche genre like a console RTS, a console RTS, when's the last time a console RTS did well, never. Gotta appreciate at least out of all the console makers, MS are testing out the RTS genre on consoles. I don't even know if the other consoles have an exclusive console RTS that did well. If you know any other exclusive console RTS game that did well, list them.

#16 Edited by PutASpongeOn (4897 posts) -

Nioh is a good game, I don't have it yet but playing the free demos and alphas and betas, I pretty much got more out of single levels than I do some whole games.

It's kind of cool how an exclusive made the list though.

On a side note, some great games didn't sell as well as they deserve but not trash sales, so please buy them.

(Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, and Nier Automata)

Nier probably did well but with scalebound being down, I feel like platinum can get all the help they can.

#17 Edited by Makemefamous07 (1035 posts) -

The only thing NICHE is the Xbox One & its PUNY software or Lack there of Ahahaha. Xbox One console is as Niche as the OG Xbox LOL. Only worse this gen. Xbox games are NICHE!!. Theyre instinct & flopping. Phil Spencer will abandon the Xbox and he WILL be FIRED becuz of this.

Xbox brand is dying. Xbox software is in the poop hole becuz its dying!!. PS4 & Nintendo are Thriving with money & games & selling software & exclusives like Hot Cakes. This is why Xbox is dying. Xbox fanboys continue to be JEALOUS of Sonys success & dont even know there own console is dying right in front of there eyes Literally!!!! LOL.

Xbox fanboys you dug your own grave. U are stuck with the WORST games this gen & CHEAP games like Voodoo Vince, Halo Flop Wars 2 & A Boat game Ahahaha. Xbox fanboys wonder why Xbox is dying. Start talking about how to FIX the Xbox dead brand instead of being jealous of other consoles. Trust me. You'd be better off that way. RIP Xbox. NIOH Crushed the Xbox & Horizon has done the same in next month NPD. Game Over Phil Spencer You Lost

#18 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (14984 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

ROFL. A niche game is killing the biggest name on Xbox. Shows how tired everyone is of the Halo name.

#19 Posted by kingtito (9085 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@tormentos said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

It's not a mainline Halo game for starters... and is probably as niche as Nioh. It's an RTS on console ffs.

He doesn't understand that. He doesn't play games or own a current gen console and his PC is barely above my old 486DX Windows 3.1 from back in the day. He thinks because it has Halo in the name it's the same as the mainline Halo games. Sales is about the only topic he can post in nowadays.

#20 Posted by MonsieurX (36992 posts) -

@makemefamous07 said:

The only thing NICHE is the Xbox One & its PUNY software or Lack there of Ahahaha. Xbox One console is as Niche as the OG Xbox LOL. Only worse this gen. Xbox games are NICHE!!. Theyre instinct & flopping. Phil Spencer will abandon the Xbox and he WILL be FIRED becuz of this.

Xbox brand is dying. Xbox software is in the poop hole becuz its dying!!. PS4 & Nintendo are Thriving with money & games & selling software & exclusives like Hot Cakes. This is why Xbox is dying. Xbox fanboys continue to be JEALOUS of Sonys success & dont even know there own console is dying right in front of there eyes Literally!!!! LOL.

Xbox fanboys you dug your own grave. U are stuck with the WORST games this gen & CHEAP games like Voodoo Vince, Halo Flop Wars 2 & A Boat game Ahahaha. Xbox fanboys wonder why Xbox is dying. Start talking about how to FIX the Xbox dead brand instead of being jealous of other consoles. Trust me. You'd be better off that way. RIP Xbox. NIOH Crushed the Xbox & Horizon has done the same in next month NPD. Game Over Phil Spencer You Lost

#21 Posted by ProtossRushX (3945 posts) -

Gamers are responding to the ps4

must be the whole microsoft drm stuff they tried to do to us

#22 Posted by Shewgenja (19220 posts) -

I always said that Ni-Oh could be a surprise hit. Never thought it would take down the Halo franchise in NPD, though.

System Warsing aside, I hope that game keeps legs because it is a damn good game. It earned ever sale it got.

#23 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@silversix_ said:

I get the same face when a new Halo is announced.

#24 Edited by Primorandomguy (3368 posts) -

NPD is a joke. It doesn't track digital sales, so it's irrelevant.

#25 Posted by PopGotcha (716 posts) -

Rainbow in at 6? Lovely!

#26 Posted by jet052006 (855 posts) -

Didn't nioh release several days into February and halo wars 2 released with 1 day left in February?

#27 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (14984 posts) -

@silversix_: It's the face I pull every time I read the cow drivel on here...

#28 Posted by Juub1990 (7039 posts) -

Who the hell cares about Halo Wars 2? There are far better RTS than a glorified console RTS ported to PC.

#29 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@silversix_: It's the face I pull every time I read the cow drivel on here...

#30 Posted by BIack_Goku (587 posts) -

@primorandomguy said:

NPD is a joke. It doesn't track digital sales, so it's irrelevant.

NPD tracks digital sales as well now. The only game missing digital data is Nioh which is why it has the asterisks next to its name, but it still managed to top Halo Wars 2 with physical copies alone.

#31 Edited by Shewgenja (19220 posts) -

I always get a boner over people crying about digital sales. As if only one platform has them or some stupid shit.

#32 Edited by QuadKnight (8792 posts) -

😂😂😂😂 Embarrassing. Lems = Rekt.

A game from your main franchise getting outsold by a niche Japanese game in your home turf 🤣😂

#33 Edited by cainetao11 (32961 posts) -

@tormentos Well duh!

You're comparing an install base of 26 million or so to 50+ million and an RTS made for consoles vs the newest twist on the Souls formula. Nioh released 2 weeks before HW2 also, so it had 3 weeks in Feb to sell. HW2 released on the 21, leaving 7 days of sales in Febuary.

#34 Posted by gago-gago (12026 posts) -

@jet052006 said:

Didn't nioh release several days into February and halo wars 2 released with 1 day left in February?

Sadly this post will be ignored and will not be taken into consideration along with which genre sells better. But after the embarrassment the OP and the other cows suffered from previous PSNow threads, you just have to let them grasp any good news. Lol. If or when Nioh goes on PSNow to be playable on PC, the same ones praising it will ignore it, I guarantee it.

#35 Edited by cainetao11 (32961 posts) -

@biack_goku said:

Did anyone actually ask for another Halo Wars? Nioh is an amazing game and deserves it.

Have you ever gone to xbox.uservoice.com? There was well over 250,000 votes for another when it was revealed. LOL

This is some of my favorite bullshit here at SW. "Well I didn't ask for blah, blah; who asked for blah blah". There's a site and its updated regularaly by MS. Do you expect them to personally email you? Or come to SW and ask? I guess you guys like going elbow deep into your assholes.

#36 Edited by cainetao11 (32961 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@tormentos said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Dude its awesome!! We saw it in the PS4 to PSNow on PC thread. They have a need to twist things so it makes their agenda. The first Halo Wars in 8 years has sold only 2.1 to 2.5 million copies. And cows are the ones that say it got sales by fooling gamers that didn't know it was an RTS. Now with Halo wars 2 they don't have that advantage and they have half the install base of PS4 and potential Nioh buyers.

But for some reason, anything with the Halo name is supposed to be a top ten seller. Then they say MS only makes games if they are a sure bet to be profitable, not to please the fans.

You cant make this shit up, dude. They contradict all their own crybaby bullshit LOL

#37 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (14984 posts) -

@cainetao11: Lol.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
#38 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (6796 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

How can cows be desperate for good news? lol, ARE YOU HIGH ?

All these AAA's and you're waiting for scorpio. Talk about pot...

#39 Edited by Alucard_Prime (8916 posts) -

I'd say congrats, I don't want to downplay the victory because at the end of the day, NioH did go up against the Halo name. HW2 is very cool, I'm glad I got it.

#40 Posted by Antwan3K (4229 posts) -

Nice.. Looks like Nioh will eventually be another strong title for PS Now..

#41 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:
@tormentos said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

What happens with those 60 millions PS4 owners,what are they buying?

GTA5 and For Honour by the looks of things.

#42 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29702 posts) -

Nioh had some Stock issues in February

#43 Edited by Pedro (28464 posts) -

Nioh was beaten by 8 multiplats.

#44 Edited by ConanTheStoner (17346 posts) -

I wonder how many cows on this board even bought Nioh. Most of the dudes on this board I was discussing it with aren't even PS fanboys lol.

Silversix is probably the biggest Nioh fan on this board, but he's a closet hermit anyways. What about the rest of them though?

#45 Edited by I_P_Daily (6480 posts) -

Lets make some sense of this

Nioh was released on Feb 7 = 3 weeks to sell in Feb

Halo Wars 2 released on Feb 21 = 1 week to sell in Feb

More PS4's sold.

Hopefully this clears things up for people, have a nice day :)

#46 Posted by cainetao11 (32961 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

I wonder how many cows on this board even bought Nioh. Most of the dudes on this board I was discussing it with aren't even PS fanboys lol.

Silversix is probably the biggest Nioh fan on this board, but he's a closet hermit anyways. What about the rest of them though?

On my friends list getyeryayasout , you and I think maybe DSS?

#47 Posted by GameboyTroy (8585 posts) -

I'm glad that Nioh did good.

#48 Posted by Makemefamous07 (1035 posts) -

Xbox is falling apart. Ryse, Recore, Quantum Break, Sunset, Halo Wars 2, Gears 4 etc etc all have flopped to shit reviews & sum of the lowest sales in history in there series or just flops. Man Xbox is in TROUBLE!. PS4 winning NPD EASILy & Nintendo is back in the game with The Switch & have 2 heavy hitters coming this year as well.

PS4 giving us the NEW franchises something that Xbox knows nothing about Hehehehe!! PS4 & Nintendo will be fighting for that top spot this whole year & raining with exclusive games all this year WHEW!!! No DOUBT there will be sequels to NIOH, Horizon, Nier Automata etc etc. Xbox? Na, Na, Na, Na, Hey, Hey Hey GOOD.......Riddance !!! No xbox fanboy hyping a stupid Boat game, Halo Bores 2, Voodoo Vince & all these other floppy games. I dont blame you xbox fanboys lol. PS4 is a unstoppable Monsta RAWR!!!!

#49 Posted by samfisher56 (691 posts) -

Embarassing. The xbox is done and dusted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
#50 Edited by deactivated-5a30e101a977c (5970 posts) -

Wow this is some nice twisting...

• Release date Nioh: 07/02/2017
  • Release date HW2: 21/02/2017

A difference of 2 weeks... Also for Halo Wars 2 they didn't include digital sales, as you can see in the OP on Neogaf about this topic, and below. Put some more effort in your topics @tormentos, don't make it so easy to debunk them when it's so clearly just some more Microsoft hate.