NPD February 2018 leak: PS4 >> XB1 > Switch (PS4 beat Switch by 30%?!)

• 110 results
QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@sealionact said:

@quadknight: I guess that depends on your definition of destroyed. A destroyed console doesn't see sales go up year on year... No matter what the sales were last year. Selling more than the recently launched Switch is not getting destroyed. A destroyed console would have a weak launch and then see sales go down yoy. That's not happening here.... PS4 only sold 50,000 more, despite Xbox apparently having "no games".

I'm surprised Xbox beat out switch, but I'm happy all three are doing well.

You should be too....

Lame damage control. You would have a point if Xbone wasn't down already YoY in 2017 compared to 2016 and US wasn't the only market they are selling okay in.

They are getting completely destroyed in Europe compared to PS4 and Switch, and doing sub-200 units a week in Japan.

They need to do phenomenally well in US to offset the other regions in the world they are getting stomped in. Being up year on year compared to a year you completely cratered in is not "doing well".

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9774 Posts

@quadknight: Brave attempt, except PS4 was down YoY in 2017 compared to 2016 as well, and so far hasn't reversed that trend while Xbox has. Hey, PS4 is killing it, but considering all the amazing exclusives available on it, I'm amazed that it didn't sell even better compared to Xbox.
Or maybe people have different tastes in games? Nah.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By QuadKnight

@sealionact said:

@quadknight: Brave attempt, except PS4 was down YoY in 2017 compared to 2016 as well, and so far hasn't reversed that trend while Xbox has. Hey, PS4 is killing it, but considering all the amazing exclusives available on it, I'm amazed that it didn't sell even better compared to Xbox.

Wrong! Stop spreading bullshit lies.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/651576/global-ps4-console-unit-sales/

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@Vatusus said:

It begins... I was expecting this. Once BotW and SMO released, and with no proper 3rd party support, the Switch numbers would fall down. The hype around the switch is starting to die out unless Nintendo releases some Pokemon or SSB soon

saying this, I was tempted into buying a Switch this past weekend with 80€ off in a sale (it would be around 250€) but I think I'll still wait a little longer

It didn't slow down. Sales are flat with January, despite the fact that January counted 5 weeks while February counted 4 (meaning that weekly sales were actually up). It just seems that tax returns didn't give it a boost like it did for PS4 (and Xbox is up due to discounts). We'd need to wait a couple more months to see if there's an actual downward trend. You probably should have jumped on that deal, since it sounds like you're expecting an emergency price cut and... Well, don't count on it.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9774 Posts

@quadknight: Before you accuse a total stranger of lies, make sure to ask him for a source first. It may save you from looking like a total dick in the future.
http://www.shacknews.com/article/102746/ps4-console-sales-down-in-2017-software-sales-skyrocket
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/02/has-the-ps4-peaked-annual-console-sales-are-flat-for-2017/
No sales figures are 100% reliable, which is why results vary - shipped vs sold, fiscal years and so on. Even if you dispute the source, I have no need to lie .... I WANT consoles to sell well, so that the next gen of consoles will be worthwhile for Sony, MS and Nintendo.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

Great to see Xbox One up over last year. It shows that they have been doing well turning things around and are trending upwards.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By QuadKnight

@sealionact said:

@quadknight: Before you accuse a total stranger of lies, make sure to ask him for a source first. It may save you from looking like a total dick in the future.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/102746/ps4-console-sales-down-in-2017-software-sales-skyrocket

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/02/has-the-ps4-peaked-annual-console-sales-are-flat-for-2017/

No sales figures are 100% reliable, which is why results vary - shipped vs sold, fiscal years and so on. Even if you dispute the source, I have no need to lie .... I WANT consoles to sell well, so that the next gen of consoles will be worthwhile for Sony, MS and Nintendo.

Your source is wrong, and shipped = sales for console manufacturers.

PS4 had its best year ever last year so there's no way they could be down YoY. You might want to check your source.

They were down for the holiday quarter but overall they were up in 2017.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#58 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2549 Posts
@quadknight said:

? But a certain group of rodents and their leader told me exclusives don't matter and that gamers only care about multiplats on a certain $500 watercooler lol.

I'm gonna miss Kaz so much.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@quadknight said:
@sealionact said:

@daredevils2k: Destroying? Your udders playing up again? PS4 sales are down 9% year on year, while Xbox is up 44%.... All consoles are selling very well - something that a gamer like you are no doubt happy about - but 50k more units is hardly destroying.

And yet PS4 still won the month. Percentages are misleading. Xbox hasn't won a single month in NPD since 2016 and the US is the only market they are still competitive in.

44% up from a low number is still low while being down 9% from a high number can still be high.

He's right the Xbone is getting destroyed on its home turf.

@quadknight guys like @sealionact are pretty delusional. They can't seem to grasp that 70mill owns 30mill :) n(which btw these numbers would explain the ps4 down by 9%) so yah PS4 destroyed the XB1.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22367 Posts

@Xabiss said:

Well it looks like all three did good again and that is all I expect. Competition is good for our industry and I am glad they are all three selling well. That is a good thing!

Yep, well said.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

@quadknight said:
@sealionact said:

Wrong! Stop spreading bullshit lies.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/651576/global-ps4-console-unit-sales/

The autism is strong in this one

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By QuadKnight

@daredevils2k: The 9% he’s even talking about is for the holiday quarter and not the whole year so he was wrong. PS4 sold 2 million more in 2017 than they did in 2016. Lems suck at math and that’s why MS is always successful in scamming them. Many of the delusional clowns look at percentages without analyzing actual numbers and it’s why they are surprised so late in the gen than Xbox is so far behind in sales.

^ ^ Look at the delusional clown above me for example.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#63  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69083 Posts

The desire for the Xbox to fail is so dire that it burns the Sony fannies so bad seeing it so close to the PS4 at any month. The system is dead yet it's still selling and that reality is so hard to escape.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Pedro said:

The desire for the Xbox to fail is so dire that it burns the Sony fannies so bad seeing it so close to the PS4 at any month. The system is dead yet it's still selling and that reality is so hard to escape.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6844 Posts

@Vatusus said:

It begins... I was expecting this. Once BotW and SMO released, and with no proper 3rd party support, the Switch numbers would fall down. The hype around the switch is starting to die out unless Nintendo releases some Pokemon or SSB soon

Yeah. We all knew this was coming. The Switch did have a much better year than most of us expected in 2017, but we should see that die down throughout 2018 going forward. Excluding the big hitters, of course.

What's more surprising is how well the PS4 continues to do. The One X and Switch ought to be doing better than the PS4 given all their fanfare from their respective communities.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#66 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

LOL! Xbone is a such a crap. Even PUBG didn't saved Xbone.

Probably few of you knows, but Xbone had bunch of promotion during majority of February and didn't outsold PS4 which had ZERO PROMOTIONS. That damn thing still cost 299.

https://majornelson.com/2018/02/15/xbox-one-deals-for-every-gamer/

US February 18 - March 3

1TB: $249

500GB: $229

https://www.vg247.com/2018/02/16/save-50-on-xbox-one-s-pubg-bundles-free-pubg-with-xbox-one-x-coming-back/

PUBG 1TB Bundle also was included in promotion for 250$ from February 15 to March 3

Xbox One S 1TB PUBG - 250$

Xbox One X - 499$ with free PUBG ( Feb.18.-24. )

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Techhog89

@Pedro said:

What about your desire for PS4 and Switch to fail?

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:

Wow In 2018 PS4 destroying the almighty Xb1x. I guess people prefer console exclusives over raw power .

The Xbox One X was never made to compete against the regular PS4 dumb ass. Comparing a $500 machine against a $200-$250 machine is just moronic, but I don't expect much out of cows anymore. I would like to see PS4 Pro numbers against X numbers though, that would be more interesting.

BTW the Xbox was up 44% which shows the X is probably helping those sale numbers.

"Buh...buh..the one X was never ment to compete wi..with PS4 !!!!!"

LOL, the damage control oh man

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Xabiss

@knight-k said:
@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:

Wow In 2018 PS4 destroying the almighty Xb1x. I guess people prefer console exclusives over raw power .

The Xbox One X was never made to compete against the regular PS4 dumb ass. Comparing a $500 machine against a $200-$250 machine is just moronic, but I don't expect much out of cows anymore. I would like to see PS4 Pro numbers against X numbers though, that would be more interesting.

BTW the Xbox was up 44% which shows the X is probably helping those sale numbers.

That is not damage control. The main competition for the X is the Pro. It is made for people who have 4K TVs which limits its market some. I know it boost fidelity of games that are 1080, but not near as much as games playing on a 4K TV which it is marketed towards. That is not damage control those are called facts. But fanboys will be fanboys and just make up shit to make themselves look better like yourself!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Pedro said:

That's rich coming from the biggest Switch hater around.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 QuadKnight

@mowgly1 said:

Probably few of you knows, but Xbone had bunch of promotion during majority of February and didn't outsold PS4 which had ZERO PROMOTIONS. That damn thing still cost 299.

US February 18 - March 3

https://www.vg247.com/2018/02/16/save-50-on-xbox-one-s-pubg-bundles-free-pubg-with-xbox-one-x-coming-back/

PUBG 1TB Bundle also was included in promotion for 250$ from February 15 to March 3

? Dang, Xbone got rekt. I wonder what April is gonna be like lol.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

well, nintendo started off the year horribly.

like really nintendo? nothing in january? very little in feb. march is sort of meh. april is totally dependent on LABO since south park is old and RBI baseball 18 is niche.
if april isn't a win for switch then that means LABO flopped.

may will be the first decent month.
with: all ports but still top tier games
donkey kong tropical freeze
dark souls remastered
hyrule warriors
mega man legacy collection 1&2
street fighter 30th anniversary collection

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11002 Posts

@quadknight said:
@mowgly1 said:

US February 18 - March 3

They may as well get the jump and make the Xbox One $199 officially now, because that's where they currently are in the market. Xbox has become the bargain console and still can't take the top spot. Then people get mad when you question if Xbox ever makes a profit (hint: it doesn't).

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By KBFloYd

@KBFloYd said:

well, nintendo started off the year horribly.

like really nintendo? nothing in january? very little in feb. march is sort of meh. april is totally dependent on LABO since south park is old and RBI baseball 18 is niche.

if april isn't a win for switch then that means LABO flopped.

may will be the first decent month.

with: all ports but still top tier games

donkey kong tropical freeze

dark souls remastered

hyrule warriors

mega man legacy collection 1&2

street fighter 30th anniversary collection

they wont beat sony and xbox with this kind of a line up.

they needed a heavy hitter and didn't have one.

however if pokemon and smash releases this holiday then they will defnitely win december again. maybe nov not sure.
and LABO needs to pay off in april.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By QuadKnight

@KBFloYd: ? Why are you quoting yourself bro?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55896 Posts

@quadknight: I thought he did that on purpose lol

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@quadknight said:

@KBFloYd: ? Why are you quoting yourself bro?

I kid I kid :P

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

ITT Hypocrite lems being dismantled.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Techhog89

@KBFloYd: You need to relax. First of all, coming in last doesn't mean that it's selling badly. It still had the best first 12 months of any home console. Second, we've actually seen in the past that Nintendo doesn't benefit as much from tax returns as the others, and XB1 needed huge deals to sell as well as it did. Finally, remember that Labo launches the same day as God of War, so Switch losing to PS4 in April would not be a shock.

Either way, there's nothing to indicate that Switch is losing momentum. It has 3 Nintendo exclusive games in the top 20 for February. It'll be fine cruising along with ports for a few months. Nintendo doesn't care about placement so long as they're selling well and can meet their sales targets.

JimClirad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 JimClirad
Member since 2014 • 267 Posts

@techhog89 said:
@Syn_Valence said:

Let me guess, Switch was sold out right?

No. That's only a thing in Japan now. I know you're attempting to troll though. It's sad and pathetic that you want a platform to fail though.

@enzyme36 said:

That monster hunter hustle! I have to say Capcom's crossover into the mainstream has been a success... well done!!

But moving forward, if NPD decides it doesnt want to include digital sales it will be hard to take any sales numbers or list seriously. Stuck in the past and not accounting for what has to be a large number of sales.

Digital numbers just haven't been released yet. Those come tomorrow, which is why the official report is tomorrow.

It's no longer sold out in Japan either

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#81 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9723 Posts

Here is the official February 2018 NPD sales.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/20/february-npd-2018-monster-hunter-repeats-as-top-game-in-the-u-s/

Here are the numbers for February 2018:

• Total: $995 million (up 23 percent from $811 million in February 2017)
  • Hardware: $316 million (up 55 percent from $204 million)
  • PC and console software: $397 million (flat from $397 million)
  • Accessories: $282 million (up 35 percent from $210 million)

Software

1. Monster Hunter: World
  2. Call of Duty: WWII
  3. NBA 2K18
  4. Dragon Ball: Fighterz
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. Shadow of the Colossus (2018)
  7. UFC 3
  8. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  9. Mario Kart 8*
  10. Super Mario Odyssey
  11. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
  12. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  13. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds**
  14. Bayonetta 2*
  15. Madden NFL 18
  16. Assassin’s Creed: Origins
  17. FIFA 18**
  18. Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet
  19. The Sims 4**
  20. Star Wars: Battlefront II

*No digital sales included

**No PC digital sales included

The best-selling games of 2018 so far

2. Dragon Ball: Fighterz
  3. Call of Duty: WWII
  4. Grand Theft Auto V
  5. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds**
  6. NBA 2K18
  7. Super Mario Odyssey*
  8. Mario Kart 8*
  9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  10. UFC 3
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

I said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s crazy to see Grand Theft Auto V still selling as much as it continues to do. I mean I love the game and all but damn, it’s still charting at number 5.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 QuadKnight

@GameboyTroy said:

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/20/february-npd-2018-monster-hunter-repeats-as-top-game-in-the-u-s/

Software

3. NBA 2K18
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  7. UFC 3
  9. Mario Kart 8*
  10. Super Mario Odyssey
  14. Bayonetta 2*
  15. Madden NFL 18
  17. FIFA 18**
  19. The Sims 4**

4. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. NBA 2K18
  7. Super Mario Odyssey*
  8. Mario Kart 8*
  10. UFC 3

Crazy shit. MHW still continues to dominate.

It's funny MS had promotions and shit and still lost to a $299 PS4 and that's with the 1X out.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

Switch has no games.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#85  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9723 Posts

@quadknight said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Software

3. NBA 2K18
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  7. UFC 3
  9. Mario Kart 8*
  10. Super Mario Odyssey
  14. Bayonetta 2*
  15. Madden NFL 18
  17. FIFA 18**
  19. The Sims 4**

4. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. NBA 2K18
  7. Super Mario Odyssey*
  8. Mario Kart 8*
  10. UFC 3

It's funny MS had promotions and shit and still lost to a $299 PS4 and that's with the 1X out.

MS forgot that 1st party games drive more console sales.

MHW did very well on the Xbox One. Xbox One fans are feelin' the game.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By KBFloYd

@freedomfreak said:

Switch has no games.

wrong

it has very little games.(in 2018)(2017 was great)

there is a difference.

however pokemon and smash will be the 2 best selling exclusives of 2018. god of war will sell 7M maybe....

smash gonna do the same or a bit more. pokemon gonna pass 10 million. gamefreak needs to deliver.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Techhog89

@jimclirad said:
@techhog89 said:
@Syn_Valence said:

Let me guess, Switch was sold out right?

No. That's only a thing in Japan now. I know you're attempting to troll though. It's sad and pathetic that you want a platform to fail though.

@enzyme36 said:

That monster hunter hustle! I have to say Capcom's crossover into the mainstream has been a success... well done!!

But moving forward, if NPD decides it doesnt want to include digital sales it will be hard to take any sales numbers or list seriously. Stuck in the past and not accounting for what has to be a large number of sales.

Digital numbers just haven't been released yet. Those come tomorrow, which is why the official report is tomorrow.

It's no longer sold out in Japan either

In Japan it's still selling out in most physical stores, and the places that aren't fully selling out would be if not for the decent restocks every week. Overall, it's still limited by how much they can ship.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

@KBFloYd: Good. Another smash and another pokemon game.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@knight-k said:
@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:

That is not damage control. The main competition for the X is the Pro. It is made for people who have 4K TVs which limits its market some. I know it boost fidelity of games that are 1080, but not near as much as games playing on a 4K TV which it is marketed towards. That is not damage control those are called facts. But fanboys will be fanboys and just make up shit to make themselves look better like yourself!

Whatever makes you sleep at night lemming.

Just know PS4 is outselling Xbone 2:1, Xbone won't change that fact.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mowgly1

@knight-k said:

I'm pretty sure that it's more 2:1 globally. Like 2.1 : 1. It's getting bigger every year.

@quadknight said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Software

3. NBA 2K18
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  7. UFC 3
  9. Mario Kart 8*
  10. Super Mario Odyssey
  14. Bayonetta 2*
  15. Madden NFL 18
  17. FIFA 18**
  19. The Sims 4**

4. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. NBA 2K18
  7. Super Mario Odyssey*
  8. Mario Kart 8*
  10. UFC 3

But it's also nice to see a Shadow Of Colossus there at No.6.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@knight-k said:
@Xabiss said:
@knight-k said:
@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:

^^^^^^ LOL

@Xabiss wow, just wow . Unless the xb1x is now considered the xb2 and pro is considered as the PS5, then i'm sorry to break it to yah, but its still PS4 vs XB1. NO matter how you spin it, Sony is owning MS when it comes to the games market.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By QuadKnight

@mowgly1 said:
@knight-k said:

I'm pretty sure that it's more 2:1 globally. Like 2.1 : 1. It's getting bigger every year.

@quadknight said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Software

3. NBA 2K18
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  7. UFC 3
  9. Mario Kart 8*
  10. Super Mario Odyssey
  14. Bayonetta 2*
  15. Madden NFL 18
  17. FIFA 18**
  19. The Sims 4**

4. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. NBA 2K18
  7. Super Mario Odyssey*
  8. Mario Kart 8*
  10. UFC 3

But it's also nice to see a Shadow Of Colossus there at No.6.

Awww yeah, considering SOTC was a $40 game and for it to chart on NPD (a revenue based chart) is extremely impressive.

Goes to show there's still a strong market for "niche" Japanese games in the US.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@freedomfreak said:

Switch has no games.

wrong

there is a difference.

however pokemon and smash will be the 2 best selling exclusives of 2018. god of war will sell 7M maybe....

smash gonna do the same or a bit more. pokemon gonna pass 10 million. gamefreak needs to deliver.

I think you need to look at the sales of the recent Pokemon games....

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Xabiss

@knight-k said:
@Xabiss said:
@knight-k said:
@Xabiss said:
@daredevils2k said:

ROFL... I am glad the PS4 is selling so well and this platform is printing money for Sony right now. I own all of the platforms and hope they all do well. See fanboys will start throwing out titles when you don't have an argument. I am not a lemming, cow, sheep, or anything. I am just a gamer that hopes all platforms do well and understand competition is very important for this market. Sorry trying again!

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Techhog89

@scatteh316 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@freedomfreak said:

Switch has no games.

wrong

there is a difference.

I think you need to look at the sales of the recent Pokemon games....

Yeah, 10 million is a bit of a lowball. Should pass 14 million at minimum, as usual, and probably close to 16 million when all is said and done. :)

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Xabiss

@daredevils2k said:
@knight-k said:
@Xabiss said:
@knight-k said:
@Xabiss said:

^^^^^^ LOL

@Xabiss wow, just wow . Unless the xb1x is now considered the xb2 and pro is considered as the PS5, then i'm sorry to break it to yah, but its still PS4 vs XB1. NO matter how you spin it, Sony is owning MS when it comes to the games market.

I am not spinning shit. Even Microsoft has stated that the X is not for everyone and that the S will be their market leader. Just like the Pro is not the market leader for Sony. The Pro and X are marketed towards people with 4K TVs and selling the platform for a premium price for the power. The majority of casual gamers will never look at a Pro or X because of the price alone. Believe it or not the casual gamer is what drives sales in our market not hardcore gamers. Again not spin FACT.

Here is the story Microsoft saying the same damn thing and a quote because I know you fanboys are scared of the truth:

"Xbox One S will be the market leader for us. It's the more affordable console. It plays all the same games," Spencer told us at the Brazil Game Show. "It will be the console that sells."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-x-is-not-for-everybody-says-microsofts-ph/1100-6454005/

So again quit saying the X was supposed to compete against the PS4 base model. Even Microsoft understands a $500 machine that is directed towards certain gamers will never compete against boxes created for the more casual gamer.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 mowgly1

NPD first rumored results for March 2018 are in ( calculated from percentages )

PS4: ~358K

NSW: ~311K

XB1: ~302K

https://www.resetera.com/posts/6991240/

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20095 Posts
@mowgly1 said:

NPD first rumored results for March 2018 are in ( calculated from percentages )

PS4: ~358K

NSW: ~311K

XB1: ~302K

https://www.resetera.com/posts/6991240/

You should probably create a new thread for this.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

inb4lock

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@quadknight said:
@mowgly1 said:

US February 18 - March 3

The funny thing is Xbox fanboys want to push the narrative that the X is the reason for the current sales Xbox (notice the of sales of X/s/base are not separated same as PS4/slim/pro) when it's actually the fire sales of the base model that's keeping it afloat.

lol I'd like xbox fans screaming about the X helping sales to produce a number for JUST the X to back up that theory?

They can't, and MS damn sure isn't giving it.

Sony fans could as easily say the Pro sales are the reason why PS4 is still leading even after the X was released but most Sony fans aren't that desperate to suggest the nonsense that xbox fanboys do.

I DIGRESS...

Can xbox fans even prove the X is currently outselling the PS4 Pro?