Now that we have confirmation that the PS5 is going to take a huge dump on the next xbox .......

• 73 results
daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Now that we have confirmation that the PS5 is going to take a huge dump on the next xbox ....... (40 votes)

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 43%
GOW 2 23%
Spider-man 2 3%
Name another franchise 33%

Now that we have confirmation that the PS5 is going to take a huge dump on the next xbox what games franchise are you hoping to see at launch.

• 
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

What are the next Xbox specs?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

There is no confirmation of anything. You sound like the PS2 cows talking about the PS3.

LMAO.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Knack 3.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

Twisted Metal and Motorstorm. Oh, wait :(

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

With Sony revealing their hand prematurely is it safe to say this thread is signs of fear with what MS has planned?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@Chutebox said:

I'm not sure but I heard it has something to do with always online, monthly subscription fees, play anywhere, chasing 2 billion non-gamers, streaming, PC gamers first, GASS, and SAD.

In other words, the xbox specs don't mean shit because MS aren't even prioritizing it's dedicated high end hardware to take advantage it's power.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

I think we all knew that you weren't very bright, but this thread just proves that point. Let's compare the PS5 specs to air.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@Chutebox said:

Likely exactly the same, difference will come from their custom decisions.

MosquitoBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MosquitoBaby
Member since 2019 • 74 Posts

Honestly, Sony set themselves up big time for the PS5. Forget about power, that doesn't win a generation. Last time the most powerful console won a battle with the SNES.

The games. Sony has a mega library of exclusive games they worked on this gen and will move onto the next. PS5 will win next gen, but the question is whether the PS6 will be like the PS3.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts
@mandzilla said:

Knack 3.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts
@Random_Matt said:
@Chutebox said:

True. Anyone expecting some wizard jizz sauce specs from next Xbox is going to be sorely disappointed. MS and Sony are both gonna be using Zen and Navi, there will be minor differences between both consoles depending on custom decisions.

On topic: I'd like to see HZD2 as a launch title.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Rule of Rose 2. Let's do this, Sony.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@son-goku7523 said:
@Random_Matt said:
@Chutebox said:

True. Anyone expecting some wizard jizz sauce specs from next Xbox is going to be sorely disappointed. MS and Sony are both gonna be using Zen and Navi, there will be minor differences between both consoles depending on custom decisions.

On topic: I'd like to see HZD2 as a launch title.

HZD 2 will be amazing.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

Going to have to wait until we actually know what the next Xbox will be but I imagine both systems will mostly be pretty similar.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Pretty sure what ever the new Xbox will call it will be about the same as PS5.. lets just hope their new studio do make some good games that sales decent enough other wise will see another gen of Halo, Gear Forza cycle..

evil_kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 evil_kane
Member since 2003 • 1101 Posts

Makes one think how pointless the xbox one X is considering what will be a short life span for the console. The next xbox will be announced soon.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lundy86_4
@evil_kane said:

Makes one think how pointless the xbox one X is considering what will be a short life span for the console. The next xbox will be announced soon.

The Pro does exist...

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@lundy86_4: the pro was delivered one year before the X and was worth the upgrade for a lot of people with a PSVR.

The Xbone x was an effort to save face from the embarrassment that was the original bone.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lundy86_4

@pdogg93: Or... You're full of shit, and both companies scrambled to actually target 4K or semi-4K due to the evolving market. Nah, let's go with your shite-ass reasoning lol.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

What confirmation?

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#21  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1175 Posts

Elder Scrolls VI or SSX 4.

What will influence a PS5 purchase for me right away is that current PSVR games look better using the PS5. I would love to play Gran Turismo Sport in true 1080p. I am not sure if the Pro limits this or if PSVR itself is limited. I know RIGS: Mechanized Combat League looks nice and I would like to see that with GTS VR.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Going to have to wait until we actually know what the next Xbox will be but I imagine both systems will mostly be pretty similar.

No, the next xbox will have no disc, no VR support, and all games will be streamed.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

@watercrack445: ??? You obviously have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lundy86_4

@watercrack445 said:

No, the next xbox will have no disc, no VR support, and all games will be streamed.

You realize that a huge push they have been making (Game Pass) is not streaming in any way... You literally download the game and play locally.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#25 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Okay, who let Tc create a thread?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Poll needs a *none of the above* option as not all of us are buying a ps5.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@StormyJoe: And the ps3 beat the 360 that gen...your point?

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DarthBuzzard
Member since 2019 • 360 Posts

@watercrack445 said:
@Archangel3371 said:

No disc is up in the air, but I'm pretty sure they will still have a SKU with one. VR support is obviously happening. There are multiple SKUs that will likely be dedicated to streaming one case and disc/digital installs for the other.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Now that a few boxes on my PS5 list have been checked off, I'm looking forward to the next gen. Unlike others, I've remained patient and didn't bother with the mid-gen upgrades. I don't mind paying $500 for the PS5 so long as we get at least a 1TB SSD with external support.

As for games, I'm hoping to see the Shenmue series complete on PS5 with the 4th or at most, 5th game. Assuming the third does well enough to warrant a publisher making it happen.

I'm also hoping to see Capcom announce a Dino Crisis reboot as recent murmurings have been signaling.

Add in the massive exclusive library that Playstation is known for and it's bound to be another great gen.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BoxRekt

lol at people who bought the worthless Xbox One X upgrade within the last year or so and were DESPERATELY trying to get others to waste their money on that shit like they did.

It was literally set in stone that next gen would start no later than 2020 and you just went and wasted the money you could have purchased a Next Gen system 2x as powerful as X, with NEW next gen games, next gen features like powerful CPU, and next gen EXCLUSIVES, but instead got current gen multiplats in higher res for $500 just to say, "Ha better than the Pro"? lol cucks.

All you guys screaming X blew the amount of it would cost for an entire next gen system for a console MS provided literally no dedicated support for and will be completely ditching this E3 when MS announce their next gen system.

M$ thanks you for your blind loyalty and has more dead end purchases for you to come with the $250 SAD and their next gen $499 - $599 box!

That lemmings for you. Gullible suckers who always make the wrong choice, over and over again. lol MS loves miking those guys.

All you bots defending SAD, make sure you all buy one of those too, MS thanks you!

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

lulz console gamers arguing over specs.

If you really cared about specs, you wouldn't be using a console.

Bought and paid for sheeple.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BoxRekt

@br0kenrabbit said:

Stupid comment.

Specs are pointless without results.

Console gamers care about specs because we actually SEE the power of those specs materialize in REAL GAMES!

Only idiots gloat over specs only to see top down board games, budget indie titles and multiplat ports that aren't optimized to get the full power out of the SPECS your system has.

Specs of consoles are actually far more tangible for the actual results than the wasted hype of high end PC specs with generic games that end up looking less impressive that consoles exclusives that cost a fraction of those PCs.

BTW:

Every high end console next gen will be doing 4k 60 so save the idiotic spec talk. The PC graphics argument is DEAD next gen.

PC's will not have any graphical edge on console for a LONG time if ever next gen only wasted higher resolution jumps or more frames per second. Most impressive graphics will actually be displayed console exclusives all over again.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts
@br0kenrabbit said:

Agreed. It reminds me of those little kid seats at the back of the car with a steering wheel so they can pretend to be driving the real car and not daddy, Make little broom broom noises as the real car speeds up, mimicking dads steering wheel movements.

Sad really.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

This thread is nearly as bad as one of Ghosts' "Doom is the best thing ever created by man - Dinosaurs never existed" threads...

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@boxrekt said:
very high end console next gen will be doing 4k 60 so save the idiotic spec talk. The PC graphics argument is DEAD next gen.

PC's will not have any graphical edge on console for a LONG time if ever next gen only wasted higher resolution jumps or more frames per second. Most impressive graphics will actually be displayed console exclusives all over again.

I hear this every generation.

Every. One.

Yawn.

Next gen consoles are getting laptop hardware like they always do. The companies are over-selling devices that don't even exist yet, like they always do. Remember "The Cell will make x86 obsolete?" Well, considering your join date, maybe you don't.

Call me when you get multi-monitor support, hydraulic tilt support, rudder support, collective support, yoke support, oh and I want to be able to hook my custom-made gauges up and have them work.

Eh, maybe you're not a flight enthusiast. But flight sims are among the most hardware demanding games available. At least if you demand all settings to max.

It would choke your console, I promise.

I could throw a bunch of screenshots up interposed with real shots of airports/airplanes, and I bet you'd be challenged to tell the difference. How much better do you want it to look than that?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 br0kenrabbit

@uninspiredcup said:

Agreed. It reminds me of those little kid seats at the back of the car with a steering wheel so they can pretend to be driving the real car and not daddy, Make little broom broom noises as the real car speeds up, mimicking dads steering wheel movements.

Sad really.

Yup. Arguing exclusives is one thing. Arguing console specs is pretty much meaningless.

Second place is first loser, right?

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

All three would be welcome, but Horizon Zero Dawn is more likely since it came out in 2017.

And Guerilla Games said, while the first one took a long time since they had to build things from scratch, the second Horizon game should come out much sooner. So if PS5 is likely going to release late 2020, I can see Horizon 2 being a launch game. And a HUGE Holiday seller.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BoxRekt

@uninspiredcup said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Agreed.

Sad really.

lol indeed

What's the crown jewel for PC graphics this generation?

Waits for a mandatory unoptimized console multiplat nomination lol.

Sad indeed.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@boxrekt said:
very high end console next gen will be doing 4k 60 so save the idiotic spec talk. The PC graphics argument is DEAD next gen.

Every. One.

Yawn.

Next gen consoles are getting laptop hardware like they always do. The companies are over-selling devices that don't even exist yet, like they always do. Remember "The Cell will make x86 obsolete?" Well, considering your join date, maybe you don't.

Call me when you get multi-monitor support, hydraulic tilt support, rudder support, collective support, yoke support, oh and I want to be able to hook my custom-made gauges up and have them work.

Eh, maybe you're not a flight enthusiast. But flight sims are among the most hardware demanding games available. At least if you demand all settings to max.

I could throw a bunch of screenshots up interposed with real shots of airports/airplanes, and I bet you'd be challenged to tell the difference. How much better do you want it to look than that?

What the fucks could possibly be next-gen? Both Sony/MS can't even get this generation right. My PS4 is pretty much for exclusives, my gaming PC is going to be next-gen for quite a very long time.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BoxRekt

@br0kenrabbit said:
@boxrekt said:

Every. One.

Yawn.

So, flight sims? Brah that's on a similar level as racers. It's not difficult to make a realistic flight sim.

If that's your "ah ha" for defending PC graphics here then color me disappointed.

Show me your PC game that leaps and bound more impressive then these weak ass 1.3 and 1.8 TF consoles from 2013. It shouldn't be that hard...but to no suprise to me, somehow it is hard at actually SHOW isn't it?

Like I said before bragging about $1000+ PC specs is all well and good but when you sit down and look for results you come up with snake eyes wonder what the hell all those "specs" are even for.

Show me a PC game that visually stomps this 2013 1.8TF game in graphics and if you have a difficult time in producing that evidence then maybe you should put a hush on your silly hyping of PC specs that don't materialize in actual games.

BTW: This is real-time IN GAME gameplay. Not a cut-scene or pre-rendered.

Happy hunting!

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 br0kenrabbit

@boxrekt said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Agreed.

Sad really.

lol indeed

What's the crown jewel for PC graphics this generation?

Waits for a mandatory unoptimized console multiplat nomination lol.

Sad indeed.

Which is real, which is game? See how many you get right.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 br0kenrabbit
@boxrekt said:

So, flight sims? Brah that's on a similar level as racers. It's not difficult to make a realistic flight sim.

If that's your "ah ha" for defending PC graphics here then color me disappointed.

Show me your PC game that leaps and bound more impressive then these weak ass 1.3 and 1.8 TF consoles from 2013. It shouldn't be that hard...but to no suprise to me, somehow it is hard at actually SHOW isn't it?

Like I said before bragging about $1000+ PC specs is all well and good but when you sit down and look for results you come up with snake eyes wonder what the hell all those "specs" are even for.

Show me a PC game that visually stomps this 2013 1.8TF game in graphics and if you have a difficult time in producing that evidence then maybe you should put a hush on your silly hyping of PC specs that don't materialize in actual games.

Happy hunting!

That doesn't look any better than Far Cry: Primal. Yawn.

You're gonna make me fire up some games and take some screenshots. What do you want to see, 20,000 Romans against 30,000 Hun? The best of the British Fleet against mangy pirates? The Luftwaffe vs the RAF? A Tiger vs a group of Shermans? Dragon Hordes vs Elves?

Do you want to see what I've done to GTA V?

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

@boxrekt said:

Happy hunting!

Horizon is stunning, even on a base PS4 from 2013. And just imagine how it will look next generation! I imagine some PS5 games will start to look like that photo-realistic stuff we see in top quality Blizzard cinematics. Not sure what the PCMR is trying to argue here in this thread. There's talented devs able to work around console limitations and squeeze an admirable amount of horsepower out of them, and there's plenty of proof. What are they trying to argue again?

And imagine a next generation RDR, which already was breathtaking in many areas.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BoxRekt

@br0kenrabbit said:
@boxrekt said:

Happy hunting!

That doesn't look any better than Far Cry: Primal. Yawn.

You're gonna make me fire up some games and take some screenshots. What do you want to see, 20,000 Romans against 30,000 Hun? The best of the British Fleet against mangy pirates? The Luftwaffe vs the RAF? A Tiger vs a group of Shermans? Dragon Hordes vs Elves?

Do you want to see what I've done to GTA V?

lol far cry primal?

Dismissed fool.

Can't even take you serious making an silly comment like that and then you used a multiplat at that to try to challenge a game awarded the best graphics by professional graphics analysts Digital Foundry over every other game that came that year including high end PC.

FAIL

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts
@Pedro said:

With Sony revealing their hand prematurely is it safe to say this thread is signs of fear with what MS has planned?

I don't think anyone's scared of streaming and hastily buying any dev that wants to sell.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@undefined: Another day another fact-less idiotic post.

It really surprises me how much hate and pleasure some console owners endure and enjoy.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 br0kenrabbit

@boxrekt said:

lol far cry primal?

Dismissed fool.

Can't even take you serious making an silly comment like that and then you used a multiplat at that to try to challenge a game awarded the best graphics by professional graphics analysts Digital Foundry over every other game that came that year including high end PC.

FAIL

Wow, run-on sentence. And I wasn't challenging, I was dismissing.

And don't be lazy, trim your quote trees.

You skipped a whole post. Which of those images were real and which were in game? And I asked which screenshots you would like me to take of a number of PC exclusives. You've yet to answer.

So two questions you have failed to answer:

1. Which were real photos and which were in game?

2. Which screenshots should I take?

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Ratchet and Clank of Course!

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

I'd like to see a proper full Gran Turismo game.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9814 Posts

Any half decent racer...maybe a motor storm relaunch, any half decent fps. A top MP experience.....even a middling one would do.

Think we'll end up with more 3rd person action adventures though.