Now that movie game , God of War rammed an axe up MS’s plumbing, whAt Sony game will be Goty iof 2019?

• 70 results
daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I was doing a lot of thinking , especially When all saw Major Nelson face when God of War won GOty at the game awards show this year , and we all know that MS took a big beating from Sony this whole gen with Pretty much all of their exclusive making a score of 9+ and sold realllllly well.

So my question to you is what Sony game is going to win GOTY of 2019? My guess is that Last of Us 2 is going to destroy Crackdown 3( which we all know is that Crackdown 3 to flop anyways ) and we all know that EA and activison is going to rehash their annual games , so nothing new there .

So should we just go ahead and celebrate Last of Us 2 winning GOtY?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It would certainly not surprise me if TLoU2 was a strong contender.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Cows and their kiddie movie-games..

RDR2, best by far if played on MonsterBpox has GOTY on lock. Better luck next year. lol :P

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

Shhh let the lems dream so we can see their hopes crushed in real time again.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

Not to be a negative nancy, but don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

The award could easly go to a Nintendo exclusive.

If you haven't relalized it's always a back and forth tug of war for GOTY between sony and nintendo every other year basically every generation. Also some times it ends up being a multiplat and RDR2 was very close this year.

Last but not least, there is no release date for any of Sony's big 3 so far, the one's you expect may slip to a 2020 PS5 launch date.

That said, if I had to give an expectation of a Sony exclusive 2019 GOTY pick now I'd probably be Dreams.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By daredevils2k

@SecretPolice said:

RDR2, best by far if played on MonsterBpox has GOTY on lock. Better luck next year. lol :P

dude I Also love the Movie game RDR2, but Im personally glad that the movie game God of War won Goty this year. This was a good year for movie games like RDR2 , spider-man and GOW

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Aren't the games at the game award chosen by an online poll? Why would anyone care what wins there?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tgob89

@daredevils2k said:
@SecretPolice said:

dude I Also love the Movie game RDR2, but Im personally glad that the movie game God of War won Goty this year. This was a good year for movie games like RDR2 , spider-man and GOW

It's amazing how lemmings all love RDR2 which is criticized for weak GAMEPLAY but over look that for it's walking simulator-esk story adventure elements but turn around and try to discredit God of War for being a movie game when it was universally praised for it's fantastic gameplay implementation.

#FakeAssGamers

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:

Aren't the games at the game award chosen by an online poll? Why would anyone care what wins there?

No, it was chosen by the voters but I actually voted Celeste in the end. I'm just happy to see video games have a voice for an award show and seeing Geoff Keighley working very hard making this happened isn't really easy at all.

Overall, it's just nice seeing some games have voice in the media realm and since video games is part of "Entertainment" every entertainment has it's own awards. Rather anyone really cares is of matter of opinion.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I don't see Sony releasing Last of Us 2 in 2019. Last of Us 2 will be the last big release before PS5. Other games will come first like Ghosts of Tsushima Deaths Stranding Days Gone will come first. Right now Last of Us 2 is Sony's grand finale. They've already said they have no more new games to announce.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Days Gone

Last of Us 2

Ghost of Tsushima

Death Stranding

Or maybe..

Fire Emblem

Metroid Prime 4

Pokémon

But we all know it will be TLOU 2.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts
@davillain- said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

No, it was chosen by the voters but I actually voted Celeste in the end. I'm just happy to see video games have a voice for an award show and seeing Geoff Keighley working very hard making this happened isn't really easy at all.

Overall, it's just nice seeing some games have voice in the media realm and since video games is part of "Entertainment" every entertainment has it's own awards. Rather anyone really cares is of matter of opinion.

and who was a voter? I assume everyone could be? So it's a mix of popularity, who gets most people to vote and who is using bots to vote?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tgob89

@jcrame10 said:

Days Gone

Last of Us 2

Ghost of Tsushima

Death Stranding

Or maybe..

Fire Emblem

Metroid Prime 4

Pokémon

But we all know it will be TLOU 2.

Bold..

Neither of those are coming out in 2019.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jcrame10

@tgob89: lmao none of those games have release dates what makes you so sure those two aren’t coming? They’ve been announced longer than the rest.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Acting like Sony getting GotY in 2019 is a sure thing? Check.
Acting like LOU2 and Crackdown 3 has some kind of war going on with equal hype, saying LoU2 will "destroy" it? Check.
Horrible grammar? Check.

Regular Sony fanboy thread. So boring.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator

@ArchoNils2 said:

and who was a voter? I assume everyone could be? So it's a mix of popularity, who gets most people to vote and who is using bots to vote?

That's how the Game Awards always been, you go to TGA site and just vote on the GOTY and other stuff. You're guess is as good as mines on how voting works.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

GOTY next year is a multiplat that goes by the name of Kingdom Hearts 3

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

If this is supposed to be a counter to the other threads about ps4, what a shitty troll effot. For shame.

Also: In b4 lock.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tgob89

@jcrame10 said:

@tgob89: lmao none of those games have release dates what makes you so sure those two aren’t coming? They’ve been announced longer than the rest.

Because of their magnitude!

Even if Kojima's game currently looks like a walking simulator, it's still the first ground up PlayStation exclusive title from the legendary creator since MGS4 (the game that turned PS3 around) in 2008.

Those games are going to be used as spring board titles for the PS5 (yes even as cross-gen games) because of their magnitude of hype, fanboyism and credit applied the developers.

The reason why the other titles will release in 2019 and DS and TLOU2 wont is because none of the other games hold the kind of clout given to Naughty Dog or Kojima titles...enough clout to sell systems!

Think about it. If TLOU2 released day and date of PS5 launch at 4k 60fps all bells and whistles vs whatever res the Pro can pump out or base PS4 1080p or 900p both at 30fps what would you want?

There is literally 0 expectation for Days Gone and Ghosts is an unknown prospect, Sony has no reason to hold those title back.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jcrame10

@tgob89: if TLOU releases on both PS4 and PS5 I will not buy a PS5 for it. Not when I can play it on a system I already own. Same principle applied to breath of the wild with Wii U and switch

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Even if Kojima's game currently looks like a walking simulator, it's still the first ground up PlayStation exclusive title from the legendary creator since MGS4 (the game that turned PS3 around) in 2008.

Those games are going to be used as spring board titles for the PS5 (yes even as cross-gen games) because of their magnitude of hype, fanboyism and credit applied the developers.

The reason why the other titles will release in 2019 and DS and TLOU2 wont is because none of the other games hold the kind of clout given to Naughty Dog or Kojima titles...enough clout to sell systems!

Think about it. If TLOU2 released day and date of PS5 launch at 4k 60fps all bells and whistles vs whatever res the Pro can pump out or base PS4 1080p or 900p both at 30fps what would you want?

There is literally 0 expectation for Days Gone and Ghosts is an unknown prospect, Sony has no reason to hold those title back.

You still don't have facts to back it out. Sony will tell us when they are ready to announce a release.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

dont care about TGA GOTY. any mainstream game will win.

What i care about is my GOTY and it will be Metro Exodus and Doom Eternal. follow by Outer worlds.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator

@valgaav_219 said:

Saying KH3 will win GOTY is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 daredevils2k

@ghosts4ever said:

What i care about is my GOTY and it will be Metro Exodus and Doom Eternal. follow by Outer worlds.

Translation: he’s butthurt

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Translation: he’s butthurt

im glad my games are not present in mainstream awards. or else they will be ruined.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Wouldn't be surprised if TloU 2 doesn't make it till 2020.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tgob89

@blackballs said:
@tgob89 said:

You still don't have facts to back it out. Sony will tell us when they are ready to announce a release.

And I will be right! Like always...

Just like I was right about Sony's E3 event this year months BEFORE it was announced that there would only be TLOU2, Ghosts of Tsushima, Death Standing and Spiderman shown at E32018, I made this thread....

Excited for E3? Well don't expect much if any NEW AAA games released for this generation!

@tgob89 said:

NEW AAA projects...they will probably be saving most those announcements for PSX or E3 2019 closer to PS5 announcement to build hype (granted most if not all titles will be cross gen with PS4)

The bright side for PS4 here is that we already know about a bunch of fantastic looking AAA PS4 titles that Sony has already filled us in on.

• God of War
  • Detroit Become Human
  • Ghosts of Tsushima
  • Spiderman
  • Death Stranding

This is probably going to be it for the AAA titles that release this gen (Now time fall 2019) PS5 most likely releasing fall 2019 or 1Q 2020 with small chance of fall 2020.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/excited-for-e3-well-dont-expect-much-if-any-new-aa-33428647/

8 months ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told people on this board almost 6 months in advance that those would be the only games Sony showed and I was proven accurate almost to the letter.

It's not about being psychic, it's about being logical and being able to think rationally which seems to be something many here aren't capable of doing.

TLOU 2 and Death Stranding are both 2020 PS5 launch titles, bookmark it!

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

It would certainly not surprise me if TLoU2 was a strong contender.

It would certainly surprise me if The last of U2 actually comes out next year.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@davillain- said:
@valgaav_219 said:

You never know. From the trailers the combat looks really good and refined. And Kingdom Hearts also has a pretty solid fanbase that's been waiting for a really long time. Last year Persona 5 was my GOTY and it pretty much came in 2nd place like everywhere so idk we'll see. What's your GOTY next year?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

It's not a movie game...

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

I was doing a lot of thinking , especially When all saw Major Nelson face when God of War won GOty at the game awards show this year , and we all know that MS took a big beating from Sony this whole gen with Pretty much all of their exclusive making a score of 9+ and sold realllllly well.

So my question to you is what Sony game is going to win GOTY of 2019? My guess is that Last of Us 2 is going to destroy Crackdown 3( which we all know is that Crackdown 3 to flop anyways ) and we all know that EA and activison is going to rehash their annual games , so nothing new there .

Since the public votes on this stuff it isn't exactly rocket science to assume that the platform with the most users has the best chance to win the awards?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tgob89

@Steppy_76 said:
@daredevils2k said:

Since the public votes on this stuff it isn't exactly rocket science to assume that the platform with the most users has the best chance to win the awards?

lol

RDR2 = Xbox1+PS4 for 140 million users

God of War = PS4 for 80 million users

Also the higher selling more popular icon Spiderman didn't win anything...

Failed! Try again

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Shenmue 3?? lol

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

RE2make is a shoe in for goty.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Steppy_76

@tgob89 said:
@Steppy_76 said:
@daredevils2k said:

lol

Failed! Try again

The people who vote on these tend to be the fanboys of given platforms. You really don't think the platform size has ANY relation to this? K :rooleyes

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tgob89

@fedor said:

RE2make is a shoe in for goty.

Not a shoe in, there are a lot of potentially great games coming in 2019.

Dreams has a serous chance based on what's known about it so far.

Loading Video...

I'm not really into the whole create and share thing but this looks really impressive. 2019 is currently up in the air as I don't think TLOU2 will be releasing 2019

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tgob89

@Steppy_76 said:
@tgob89 said:

lol

Failed! Try again

The people who vote on these tend to be the fanboys of given platforms. You really don't think the platform size has ANY relation to this? K :rooleyes

So why didn't Spiderman win anything genius?

It sold MORE than God of War in less than half the time so your theory is severely flawed.

Again bud PS4 + Xbox 1 for RDR2 = 140 million.

This is YOUR argument I'm showing you and you're deflecting lol.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@tgob89: Im just calling my shot for future bragging rights.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

If GoW is Geoff Keighley's goty then DMC V is the ultimate goty.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tgob89

@fedor said:

@tgob89: Im just calling my shot for future bragging rights.

My personal anticipated GOTY 2019

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

@ghosts4ever: It would be absolutely astonishing if Outer Worlds launches next year.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Steppy_76

@tgob89 said:
@Steppy_76 said:
@tgob89 said:

lol

Failed! Try again

It sold MORE than God of War in less than half the time so your theory is severely flawed.

The fanboys for any given platform tend to vote for these things and they tend to vote for exclusive games to support their desired platform, there are a few things to consider. GOW came out months ago and most who already have purchased it have already played it, Spiderman came out just a couple months ago and was bundled with the PS4 for BF/CM so how many of those sales are to people still waiting to actually PLAY spiderman on xmas?

It's like voting for All star games, the big cities tend to get more "all stars" whether its deserved or not simply due to the disparity in the fan base. I'm not saying GOW is a bad game, I'm not saying it didn't deserve to win GOTY. Voting like this from ALL types of things tends to be biased towards the largest "pool" of voters. It certainly doesn't prove a damn thing

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Goty? Mate, you should start celebrating TLOU2 as GOTG. The Naughty Gods have heard our prayers and are bringing forth the second coming. There will be no mercy.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tgob89

@Steppy_76 said:
@tgob89 said:
@Steppy_76 said:
@tgob89 said:

lol

Failed! Try again

The fanboys for any given platform tend to vote for these things and they tend to vote for exclusive games to support their desired platform, there are a few things to consider. GOW came out months ago and most who already have purchased it have already played it, Spiderman came out just a couple months ago and was bundled with the PS4 for BF/CM so how many of those sales are to people still waiting to actually PLAY spiderman on xmas?

It's like voting for All star games, the big cities tend to get more "all stars" whether its deserved or not simply due to the disparity in the fan base. I'm not saying GOW is a bad game, I'm not saying it didn't deserve to win GOTY. Voting like this from ALL types of things tends to be biased towards the largest "pool" of voters. It certainly doesn't prove a damn thing

LMAO you sound salty as hell!

You have your tin foil hat on full tilt and playing the victim role overtime

Coming up with all those excuses and then at the end saying it doesn't mean anything lol damn dude...so why are you here?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator

@valgaav_219 said:
@davillain- said:
@valgaav_219 said:

You never know. From the trailers the combat looks really good and refined. And Kingdom Hearts also has a pretty solid fanbase that's been waiting for a really long time. Last year Persona 5 was my GOTY and it pretty much came in 2nd place like everywhere so idk we'll see. What's your GOTY next year?

I haven't really put thoughts on my personal GOTY 2019 but I guess it couldn't hurt to say:

• Anthem
  • Dying Light
  • Total War: Three Kingdoms

Those are my 3 picks for GOTY 2019 and runner up is KH3 & Days Gone.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

My question is more what Sony exclusives are actually coming out in 2019? Has any of the big ones been confirmed? I gess Days gone, but I have little confidence in that one. But Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU2, Death Stranding have not been confirmed? And that's the lineup for the rest of the gen no? Then 2020 is Ps5?

Perhaps Sony is skipping E3 for a reason. That they have a Microsoft-like lineup for 2019 (aka no games)

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By daredevils2k

@Steppy_76 said:
@tgob89 said:
@Steppy_76 said:
@daredevils2k said:

lol

Failed! Try again

It's obvious you're not great at math and doesn't understand the concept of actuary, and its okay, because we still love ya.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tgob89

@Sushiglutton said:

My question is more what Sony exclusives are actually coming out in 2019? Has any of the big ones been confirmed? I gess Days gone, but I have little confidence in that one. But Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU2, Death Stranding have not been confirmed? And that's the lineup for the rest of the gen no? Then 2020 is Ps5?

Perhaps Sony is skipping E3 for a reason. That they have a Microsoft-like lineup for 2019 (aka no games)

I'm predicting only Ghost of Tsushima will release in 2019 of the big AAA sony titles along with Dreams and some 3rd party Japanese support.

Strongly suspect the reason Sony didn't want to give release dates for the big 3 because they already know they aren't going to be releasing them all in 2019 like most people expect and don't want to burn any bridges with the news...THAT is why they're skipping E3 along with hold the PS5 announcement titles to their chest!

I suspect they will subtly announce the release date of Ghosts of Tsushima early 2019 or shortly after E3. At their own PSX even near the end of the year is when they will then reveal the Death Stranding and TLOU2 release dates in 2020 along side the launch of PS5.

In this PSX event is where they will reveal the first true PS5 exclusives in development that will set the bar for next generation games which may or may not be releasing in 2020.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Steppy_76

@tgob89 said:
@Steppy_76 said:
@tgob89 said:
@Steppy_76 said:
@tgob89 said:

lol

Failed! Try again

LMAO you sound salty as hell!

You have your tin foil hat on full tilt and playing the victim role overtime

Coming up with all those excuses and then at the end saying it doesn't mean anything lol damn dude...

I'm salty? The original post merely stated that the more popular platform tends to have the best chance in voting. I never even made mention of THIS years voting. YOU did. The original post was about NEXT years voting and I was responding to his prediction.

You arguing that the disparity in platform size has NO bearing on voting, and I'm the salty one? Ok dude.