Now that it's released, what is System Wars expert opinion in Borderlands 3?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

Poll: Now that it's released, what is System Wars expert opinion in Borderlands 3? (56 votes)

It is really good, actually 13%
It is garbage 11%
I didn't buy it 77%

Now that non-binary robot pronoun game is released, what is the verdict overall? Does this earn sequel status? Or is it just a glorified expansion pack of the same old shit? Or is it surprisingly great with all the hate, apathy and copious amounts of cynicism misplaced?

Squirtle
Squirtle

• 
Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 764 Posts

Great series. Great game. The humor is on point, the environments are varied and differ from past entries, and there are way more gats than you can shake a stick at. Now it just needs VR.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28690 Posts

Don’t know, I haven’t bought it yet. Looks good and I enjoyed the previous games so will likely get it sometime.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 13710 Posts

Looking forward to playing it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98066 Posts

I didn't realize it was coming out this year. I thought it was coming out April 2020?

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 764 Posts

There should really be an option for "I say it's garbage, even though I have never played it."

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54008 Posts

Bought it, but I won't be jumping in until tomorrow. My brother said the optimization seems a bit sketchy, as he was getting less than 60fps at 1440p on High with a 1080ti/i8.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4587 Posts

I'm going nowhere near it. The same reviewers who slate every AAA game for lacking innovation are applauding B3 for an absolutely distinct lack of it.

'If it ain't broke don't fix it' strangely works for this game but any other game is slaughtered for it.

Rotten to the core, much like good old Randy.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38540 Posts

So far, I heard the PC version has Denuvo and to make matters worst, Epic exclusive and Denuvo at the same time, they're making it the most inconvenient game for legitimate purchasers but a better product for people who don't pay. EGS stuff doesn't bother me to say the least, Borderlands 3 wasn't even on my radar this year since Borderlands 2 is still active and fun and more importantly, I don't wanna support Randy Bitchford.....oops, I mean Pitchford because that guy's a creep and he sleeps minor girls too. Screw that guy!

Edit: I didn't buy it!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19359 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

I'm going nowhere near it. The same reviewers who slate every AAA game for lacking innovation are applauding B3 for an absolutely distinct lack of it.

'If it ain't broke don't fix it' strangely works for this game but any other game is slaughtered for it.

Lol, you have a point there.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1144 Posts

If it’s like the first 3 games, then it sucks balls playing by yourself.

These games need to be played with others to be any fun.

The difficulty is greatly reduced too when you have someone else with you because the AI will target him while you kill the rest lol.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts

Why is it 3 when it's not the third?

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 1981 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

Because Take-Two gave the copies to selective reviewers who were fans of looter-shooters. The "late reviewers" didn't have much positive things to say compared to a very selective group of early reviewers.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35500 Posts

@Telekill said:

Why is it 3 when it's not the third?

Klaatu barada nikto.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36227 Posts

My refusal to play it isn't because I think it won't be good, but I won't buy Gearbox games while Randy Pitchford is head of Gearbox, not after what he did with Colonial Marines, using Sega's millions to fund his other projects and leaving a scrap budget for a small studio to finish the game with. Then his behavior with taking royalties from his employees, he's just a horrible person, I don't feel like rewarding him.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35500 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

My refusal to play it isn't because I think it won't be good, but I won't buy Gearbox games while Randy Pitchford is head of Gearbox, not after what he did with Colonial Marines, using Sega's millions to fund his other projects and leaving a scrap budget for a small studio to finish the game with. Then his behavior with taking royalties from his employees, he's just a horrible person, I don't feel like rewarding him.

True. True.

From every piece of information dribbled, we don't get the impression of a cookie crazy, lovable Willy Wonka figure (which i'm sure is how he wants to be perceived) but rather a giant slimy pleb with the mental maturity of a 14 year old.

But, if we're being honest, a lot of these big companies will undoubtedly have privileged bell-ends in cloud 9 up to some seedy shit, just the way of the world.

Unfortunately Sir barely legal squirt lord is such a moron of the highest order, when he see's a hole, he won't just dig it, he'll jump head attempting to do a swan dive.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 5353 Posts

@Telekill: How is it not the third game, there was B1, B2, Prequel and now B3.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1045 Posts

Put in a few hours and have my Siren up to level 10, although I think I might start another character as I don't think the Siren is best suited to my play style. Might start new character as FL4K.

Still early days, so much of the cool shit is still locked, but so far I'm really enjoying it. Gonna play all day today.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts

@ajstyles said:

If it’s like the first 3 games, then it sucks balls playing by yourself.

These games need to be played with others to be any fun.

The difficulty is greatly reduced too when you have someone else with you because the AI will target him while you kill the rest lol.

Your opinion sucks balls, I play the game by myself and have lots of Fun! It must really suck to only have fun playing a game with someone else.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3719 Posts

I am about 10 hours in so far (level 11 Zane and Level 15 Amara so far). I am having a great time. I have been playing with 3 friends the entire time so that really makes the game so much more fun. I think the side missions are just shockingly funny. It is a game that loves not taking itself too serious and I like games that do that. I cannot wait to see what the future brings for this game it is a blast to play. Amara can be VERY strong as a Melee fighter and I just love doing that in this game (I was a Melee Zero player in BL2).

I would say that it has the potential to be the best in the series for me. (Will wait until I beat it to decide that of course.)

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24470 Posts

I'd feel like part of a problem if I buy this. I'll try to have good moral and wait for the Steam version. I've got most of my friends with me on that.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3193 Posts

Boring loot addict grind games

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 3631 Posts

Played the second game but didn't like it much and found it boring so i'll stay away from the third game.

The reviews i've seen on it make it seem a lot like the second game so if someone didnt like the previous games, there's no reason to waste time or money on it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lundy86_4

Up to level 15, and the game is great in terms of content. Varied side-quests and main quests. Humour is consistently funny, which is excellent.

Performance is shit, so Gearbox need to get on that.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 2782 Posts
@Yams1980 said:

Played the second game but didn't like it much and found it boring so i'll stay away from the third game.

The reviews i've seen on it make it seem a lot like the second game so if someone didnt like the previous games, there's no reason to waste time or money on it.

Its not called Borederlands for nothing :D

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3193 Posts

@dxmcat said:
@Yams1980 said:

Its not called Borederlands for nothing :D

It's BORINGlands......get it right.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5416 Posts

I didn't care much for the 2nd one and this one looks worse than it in my opinion.. that said I didn't buy it. I might at some point, but for now my interest level is pretty low.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7361 Posts

I like borderlands and will get this at some point, but being on the epic store its price wont drop for some time yet.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#28 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

Up to level 15, and the game is great in terms of content. Varied side-quests and main quests. Humour is consistently funny, which is excellent.

Performance is shit, so Gearbox need to get on that.

yea I agree with all of this

the guns are pretty cool as well. lots of interesting and unique ones. puts the loot system in other 'loot' games to shame with its randomized weapons

they really need to fix the performance though, the stuttering and frame drops really hurt the flow of combat

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#29 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
@WitIsWisdom said:

I didn't care much for the 2nd one and this one looks worse than it in my opinion.. that said I didn't buy it. I might at some point, but for now my interest level is pretty low.

if you didn't like 2, this one wont change your mind.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5416 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

if you didn't like 2, this one wont change your mind.

Thanks man, I'll keep that in mind.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lundy86_4

@with_teeth26 said:

yea I agree with all of this

the guns are pretty cool as well. lots of interesting and unique ones. puts the loot system in other 'loot' games to shame with its randomized weapons

they really need to fix the performance though, the stuttering and frame drops really hurt the flow of combat

Yeah, weapons are hugely varied, though I find myself lacking in assault rifle pick-ups. It's nice to see much more varied weapon designs than other games.

With regards to performance, my fps is fine 99% locked at 4K/60 on PC, but that frame-timing is god-awful... Far worse than Bloodborne. I consistently hold 60 (volumetric fog off,) yet the stutter is insane.