Now, Let's Have a Real Xbox One Talk

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

For the time being, me3x12 is gone -- one half of the annoying Xbox One duo that's making all owners look like fools, you're welcome -- so now might be the only time we can actually have a decent discussion about the Xbox One, and it's potential as a solid gaming platform.

I've been playing both the ps4 and Xbox One, and it seems both platforms have some interesting strengths. Ps4 has the more obvious strength in the superior graphical output, which is apparent immediately, but the Xbox One's got some interesting features as well.

I have to give props and a waving, shameful finger at the controller. I like the design, and I love the idea of rumble triggers. But if you're not a racing fan, that's exactly what they are -- an idea. I tried out the Forza demo and actually felt the proper execution of these triggers, and I have to say they're pretty awesome. But it seems like Forza's the only game that's utilizing them. I was bummed the Titanfall beta didn't have an implementation of these triggers, and I hope newer Xbox One games will utilize them because I wish every console -- ps4 included -- had this idea.

Graphics are going to be great for exclusives that utilize the console. Hell, even first party Wii U games look outstanding, so I'm pretty excited about what the internal studios at Microsoft will do with their games. And for the love of God, I hope Rare's IP -- not made by Rare, themselves -- make a comeback. In terms of exclusives, I think Microsoft has a library that rivals Sony's. The difference of course is that Microsoft hasn't used hardly any of it, instead opting for Forza/Fable/Halo/Gears, instead of trying their hand at a Banjo game, a Conker sequel, or even a Jet Force Gemini reboot (which would be amazing if done correctly).

Of course, the Xbox One is subject to a lot of negativity right now, but for people who aren't fond of the console -- the ps4 owners, mostly -- what would it take to turn the Xbox One into a solid platform in your eyes?

I know it's unreasonable on an internet forum, but we've got something like five days until me3x12 comes back from his temporary ban and turns this into a bunch of nonsense again. Can we please have one decent conversation comparing the ps4 and the Xbox One?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

did he get banned?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@lostrib: I filed a complaint that most of his threads were getting locked and the rest of his posts were only aggravating everyone on here. He's got a temporary ban. I don't know how long that lasts, but I'm looking forward to the peace.... And not being completely embarrassed to admit I like the Xbox One in its own right.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Take the peanut butter out of your eyes!! Jks honestly I do not mind the X1 I have not picked one up yet mainly due to the price. I was given a choice at my previous workplace which console I wanted and I chose the PS4 since I grew up with Sony and enjoyed my PS3 and 360 last gen but I figured I'd go Ps4 I will get an Xbox down the line I hope they decide to cut out the kinect or make a kinect less sku, I think at this point it's still too early to tell who will have better games it's still early but I look forward to seeing both sides and what they're both capable of doing

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts

As of now the PS4 is the most logical choice for your next gen (console) gaming needs, but I would say give it some time. Both consoles just released a few months ago and are lacking in several aspects, most importantly software. Yes, there is this resolution debate, but who cares? I buy a console for the games and not for the services that are available. We will have a better outlook of both consoles after E3.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@Solid_Max13: While I don't have much faith in this arena, at least Microsoft has acknowledged one of the biggest complaint from fans is the lack of diversity in its first party offerings, and so far, it seems like they're doing a decent job of providing some interesting exclusive content.

D4 looks like complete and utter hot nonsense. And with that said, aside from Turn 10, none of Microsoft's internal studios have released a game yet. That's certainly something of note, as its clear they're all working on something.

I still think ps4 will end up with the better exclusive lineup overall, but I have my hopes up that Microsoft will close the gap a little. The promise of any of Rare's classic IP is enough to occupy my wishful thinking. They released Killer Instinct at launch, so maybe -- just maybe -- we'll get some more.

Final note, there's been an interesting development on the eSRAM that's supposed to be the Xbox One's graphical savior (though I really don't think it needs one) -- the Wii U was recently discovered to have the same amount of eSRAM as the Xbox One, and it's over three times faster. Weird.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

I filed a complaint that most of his threads were getting locked and the rest of his posts were only aggravating everyone on here. He's got a temporary ban. I don't know how long that lasts, but I'm looking forward to the peace.... And not being completely embarrassed to admit I like the Xbox One in its own right.

Let's hope the ban will last awhile.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@jake44: I hope it lasts forever...

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Alright alright, we really aren't supposed to discuss user suspensions.

Let's keep this on topic, m'kay? :)

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#10 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

This is probably the best thread in System Wars, for once i feel like i learned something.

To answer your question, as a part time cow, i think that Xbox One is a great console. The thing is, X1 has a lot of features that are unused. Kinect is just a gimmick right now and games made for Kinect are laughed at. Making people pay $100 more for unused hardware is not the way to go. The thing that makes me love the PlayStation is the variety of exclusives, from God of War to LittleBigPlanet, from Spyro to Heavy Rain, Sony is not afraid to take risks. MS needs to stop making games just for bros. Quantum Break makes want an X1 and not that CoD clone that is Titanfall.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@jake44: I hope it lasts forever...

I don't think we are that lucky.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

The Xbox One isn't a bad console. It just has a bad rep and the " One experience" has yet to solidify into something tangible. In essence, everything that's suppose to make the Xbox One a better console than the PS4 has yet to materialize. Not to mention Microsoft has done a piss poor job of selling it's vision.

That being said, the PS4 is selling much better because Sony laid out a simple vision that resonated with gamers. The PS4 is the console for gamers by gamers - you will get a great selection of multiplatform games (indies to blockbusters) and top notch exclusives at an affordable price. It's simple, straight forward and not riddled with bullshit pie in the sky promises.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Solid_Max13

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: the 360 introduced me to online console and friends and some of the best times I have had online and PS3 had nothing to compare at the time with it's PSN, I think MS should focus on new IPs I'm not excited for Halo 5 I found 4 a little meh and just tacked on add on for the story, I also don't want to see another gears as well, the series was on of my faves last gen but we don't need more because the name sells, I can say the same for sony as I don't need another God of War or Metal Gear ( though I respect Kojima like hell) I hope to see a lot of new IPs from both sides and while I don't like Kinect, Sony should've honestly left that stupid light out of their controller, it doesn't add anything except annoyance and change colours like I'm at a tiesto rave.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@CyberLips said:

This is probably the best thread in System Wars, for once i feel like i learned something.

To answer your question, as a part time cow, i think that Xbox One is a great console. The thing is, X1 has a lot of features that are unused. Kinect is just a gimmick right now and games made for Kinect are laughed at. Making people pay $100 more for unused hardware is not the way to go. The thing that makes me love the PlayStation is the variety of exclusives, from God of War to LittleBigPlanet, from Spyro to Heavy Rain, Sony is not afraid to take risks. MS needs to stop making games just for bros. Quantum Break makes want an X1 and not that CoD clone that is Titanfall.

Quantum Break looks excellent. My rebuttal to anyone who claims otherwise is to ask them when Remedy ever made a bad game? Alan Wake was my runaway favorite on Xbox 360 -- an original game after the rest of Microsoft's studios gave up on creating original IP. The TV thing looks weird, but I trust that Sam Lake knows what he's doing.

Titanfall was actually really fun in beta form. Call of Duty gets a lot flak for not innovating, but that's exactly what Titanfall is. As someone who's grown bored of COD but still remembered when it was the most innovating shooter on the market, I welcomed the changes Titanfall brought to the formula. For anybody who *used* to like COD, TItanfall's exactly the kind of game to bring them back in. I just hope it doesn't stagnate like COD has.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#15  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

I own X1 am loving it. I understand, always have that some people are here to be tool's. Really enjoying DR3 a lot. I have Tomb raider as well, but DR is eating up my game time, its just such wacky fun like I had with the previous 2. The rumble triggers get activated in it from time to time, but its so random. Great feature though.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

I believe the XBOX has more upswing, the only reason for this is because of the companies backing each system. Sony financially just cannot compete with Microsoft. I can see the infrastructure of the system coming a apart before the system has any faults. That said on to the system themselves.

It seems to me that the XBOX one does what it was designed to do however the developers were not on the same page when it comes to game creation. If you take a linear pipeline approach it is far easier to develop games for the PS4. I also think power is not the right term, people say that the PS4 is more powerful when that is not the case. The PS4 has a higher potential ceiling to create higher fidelity graphics. The common factor here is the actual development teams and their timelines, talent, and ability to produce, I think Kojima was either rushed or was forced to output a game that would play on the microsoft platform. Just an example.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IMAHAPYHIPPO
@Nonstop-Madness said:

The Xbox One isn't a bad console. It just has a bad rep and the " One experience" has yet to solidify into something tangible. In essence, everything that's suppose to make the Xbox One a better console than the PS4 has yet to materialize. Not to mention Microsoft has done a piss poor job of selling it's vision.

That being said, the PS4 is selling much better because Sony laid out a simple vision that resonated with gamers. The PS4 is the console for gamers by gamers - you will get a great selection of multiplatform games (indies to blockbusters) and top notch exclusives at an affordable price. It's simple, straight forward and not riddled with bullshit pie in the sky promises.

The one thing that worries me about the ps4 is the ability to evolve. The thing about the ps3 last generation is that by the end of its run, a lot of its features were horribly outdated and cumbersome. I still dread wanting to play a ps3 game I haven't touched in years, afraid that I'll be forced to sit through three hours of updates before getting to play.

The 360 evolved a lot over its run, and I'm worried this simplified vision for the ps4 will also become outdated as technology becomes more streamlined over the next half-decade. At the same time, Sony's clearly heard this complaint, so I have hope.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CyberLips

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@CyberLips said:

Quantum Break looks excellent. My rebuttal to anyone who claims otherwise is to ask them when Remedy ever made a bad game? Alan Wake was my runaway favorite on Xbox 360 -- an original game after the rest of Microsoft's studios gave up on creating original IP. The TV thing looks weird, but I trust that Sam Lake knows what he's doing.

Titanfall was actually really fun in beta form. Call of Duty gets a lot flak for not innovating, but that's exactly what Titanfall is. As someone who's grown bored of COD but still remembered when it was the most innovating shooter on the market, I welcomed the changes Titanfall brought to the formula. For anybody who *used* to like COD, TItanfall's exactly the kind of game to bring them back in. I just hope it doesn't stagnate like COD has.

I've seen countless videos of Titanfall and honestly i found it bland and boring. I mean sure, it looks fun jumping from building to building but that's about it. And it looks too similar to the CoD series, hell even the reloading animation is the same. Not to mention that i don't find the whole futuristic era with robots appealing.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@spitfire-six said:

I believe the XBOX has more upswing, the only reason for this is because of the companies backing each system. Sony financially just cannot compete with Microsoft. I can see the infrastructure of the system coming a apart before the system has any faults. That said on to the system themselves.

It seems to me that the XBOX one does what it was designed to do however the developers were not on the same page when it comes to game creation. If you take a linear pipeline approach it is far easier to develop games for the PS4. I also think power is not the right term, people say that the PS4 is more powerful when that is not the case. The PS4 has a higher potential ceiling to create higher fidelity graphics. The common factor here is the actual development teams and their timelines, talent, and ability to produce, I think Kojima was either rushed or was forced to output a game that would play on the microsoft platform. Just an example.

I dunno, I think multiplatform games running better on ps4 clearly says *something* but at the same time, the first year of the console, the Xbox One and the ps4 are both clearly yet to be maximized to their full potential.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@CyberLips said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@CyberLips said:

I've seen countless videos of Titanfall and honestly i found it bland and boring. I mean sure, it looks fun jumping from building to building but that's about it. And it looks too similar to the CoD series, hell even the reloading animation is the same. Not to mention that i don't find the whole futuristic era with robots appealing.

Without turning this into a TitanFall discussion, your wrong. You have to play the game to understand but it is nothing like playing call of duty.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CyberLips

@spitfire-six said:

@CyberLips said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@CyberLips said:

Without turning this into a TitanFall discussion, your wrong. You have to play the game to understand but it is nothing like playing call of duty.

I lot of people said that actually. We'll just have to wait and see i guess. :/

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@CyberLips said:

@spitfire-six said:

@CyberLips said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@CyberLips said:

Opinions aren't wrong. But with that said, gameplay feels a lot like Call of Duty, it's the strategy you need to be successful that differentiates itself from the COD series.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Solid_Max13: While I don't have much faith in this arena, at least Microsoft has acknowledged one of the biggest complaint from fans is the lack of diversity in its first party offerings, and so far, it seems like they're doing a decent job of providing some interesting exclusive content.

D4 looks like complete and utter hot nonsense. And with that said, aside from Turn 10, none of Microsoft's internal studios have released a game yet. That's certainly something of note, as its clear they're all working on something.

I still think ps4 will end up with the better exclusive lineup overall, but I have my hopes up that Microsoft will close the gap a little. The promise of any of Rare's classic IP is enough to occupy my wishful thinking. They released Killer Instinct at launch, so maybe -- just maybe -- we'll get some more.

Final note, there's been an interesting development on the eSRAM that's supposed to be the Xbox One's graphical savior (though I really don't think it needs one) -- the Wii U was recently discovered to have the same amount of eSRAM as the Xbox One, and it's over three times faster. Weird.

The wiiu actually has EDRAM and not ESRAM.Both types of ram are different.

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 indigenous_euphoria
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO:

Lame....i liked his threads they were entertaining lol. I for one cant wait tell he gets back.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nonstop-Madness

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

The one thing that worries me about the ps4 is the ability to evolve. The thing about the ps3 last generation is that by the end of its run, a lot of its features were horribly outdated and cumbersome. I still dread wanting to play a ps3 game I haven't touched in years, afraid that I'll be forced to sit through three hours of updates before getting to play.

The 360 evolved a lot over its run, and I'm worried this simplified vision for the ps4 will also become outdated as technology becomes more streamlined over the next half-decade. At the same time, Sony's clearly heard this complaint, so I have hope.

I absolutely understand where you are coming from. If the PS4 has any issues, it's that it may have a far too simple approach to things and it may hurt Sony in the long run. The issue with that is that people have to assume that Sony isn't playing the long game. I beg to differ.

Initiatives like PlayStation VR, PlayStation Companion App, PlayStation Now, Remote Play to PS Vita and Sony's Cloud Based TV Service (to be spearheaded by PS4) tell me a different story. They tell me that Sony is absolutely focused in making the PS4 not only the best gaming console around but also a very capable media consumption machine. The only way to do so is to be able to adapt.

Both the Xbox One and PS4 were built to adapt. They didn't launch with complete operating systems. That has to say something. Simply put, these systems are just scratching the surface of what they can do. This generation should be really interesting.

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LanceSSJ
Member since 2003 • 882 Posts

I personally Love my X1. Dead Rising 3 TO ME is the best exclusive either console has right now. All of the multiplats being better on PS4 does make me upset at times but it is what it is. BF4 was still fun on X1 ETC. I plan on getting Tomb Raider when its around 30$ too.

Lets be honest, revolutionary or not, Titanfall is MASSIVE fun. ME and my brother have a blast. That said I understand people saying its just COD but its truly not. I had more fun on TF then the last couple CODs period.

I do hope the X1 gets some nice RPGs and non forza/gears/halo exclusives.

IMO X1 exclusives destroy PS4 eclusives ATM but PS has huge exclusives that are amazing yet to be released

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: the 360 introduced me to online console and friends and some of the best times I have had online and PS3 had nothing to compare at the time with it's PSN, I think MS should focus on new IPs I'm not excited for Halo 5 I found 4 a little meh and just tacked on add on for the story, I also don't want to see another gears as well, the series was on of my faves last gen but we don't need more because the name sells, I can say the same for sony as I don't need another God of War or Metal Gear ( though I respect Kojima like hell) I hope to see a lot of new IPs from both sides and while I don't like Kinect, Sony should've honestly left that stupid light out of their controller, it doesn't add anything except annoyance and change colours like I'm at a tiesto rave.

This a million times.

I'll never forget the first time I played Gears or Frontlines-Fuel of war. And the 360 just kept getting better and better as time went by with the addition of apps, multiplayer, chat and so on alongside the controller. I never got that same feeling from PS3; even though I really enjoyed Uncharted.

Microsoft's problem is that they don't take chances with exclusives that "flopped" despite their "flops" actually being good offerings (Take Velvet Assassin or The Outfit as examples. We can also toss in BluE DRAGON)...I'd honestly like to see Microsoft reboot Jade Empire or their Og xbox exclusives. Same goes for Sony, because last gen their exclusives were really watered down in comparison to the massive amount found on the PS2.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nonstop-Madness

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@CyberLips said:

@spitfire-six said:

@CyberLips said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Opinions aren't wrong. But with that said, gameplay feels a lot like Call of Duty, it's the strategy you need to be successful that differentiates itself from the COD series.

I see the similarities but I think Titanfall is just similar enough to COD to make it familiar yet unique enough to make it feel like it's something brand new and that's great.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

The Xbox is a bad console in many ways, price, design and target audience. It's trying to be too many things but excel at nothing. If you don't care about voice commands and Microsoft exclusives what else is there?

It's not cheapest, it's not an elegant design and it's unfocussed on what it want's to be. I think everyone would agree the Xbox 360 was at least focused on being cheap and powerful gaming machine and nothing more. Perhaps a bit too cheap as it had a few reliability issues, but that's a different story.

I just don't know who the Xbox One is aimed at other than dedicated Xbox fans and of course the USA console gamers being an USA company and what not. It seems like they are trying to gain popularity with the casual gamer crowd the Wii had but not really grasping why it had it in the first place (then again Nintendo didn't really grasp why they had it either). Then there is the point that they are not really trying outside of the US to push the Xbox One, not announcing release dates for many countries and having appalling Xbox Live services (no local servers) for places like Australia at launch and beyond.

I'm not saying it's horrendous or that there wont be great games released on it, I'm just saying it's not great value for money at the moment, even with a price drop and free game. A console should always be first and foremost a games machine and everything else is secondary.

I'm in the boat where I would not even consider the Xbox One, I will however consider the PS4 once games I like get released for it so I can justify the the cost of purchase obviously. Nothing so far is a system seller for me games wise. I'm not going to lie though, there will probably be some games released on the Xbox One I would want to play, but I doubt there will be ones I would be willing to shell out another £400 for on top of having a PC and potentially a PS4.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Both consoles just need games. That will determine which company is superior at sustaining good games to their platform.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

what would it take to turn the Xbox One into a solid platform in your eyes?

Package it without Kinect as standard for one. I own a PS4 but have no interest in a PS camera. I also don't care about media features in a gaming console--just invest in making quality exclusives for your product.

So there you go. Offer me a basic package at a reasonable price, entice me with interesting games that I can't get anywhere else and don't try to sell me on other non-gaming features I have no interest in.

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

I'll give xone about a year to prove it can have a diversity in games like the ps has before I pick one up...

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

I for one am happy to see an intelligent conversation about video games happening here. It shows the potential that SW has when a few bad eggs are removed. That being said, I myself have both next gen consoles and right now I prefer the Xbox One. The games are superior IMO and the Kinect and TV integration, while some may think is a gimmick is actual pretty useful to me.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

By the time they drop Kinect and lower the price, the PS4 VR will probably be out or at least announced. It will be rather odd seeing the tides turn as the XBone gets looked at as just another $400 console while the "real next gen gaming" is happening on the PS4.

Only then will people realize it seems.. XBone is a decent... DECENT console with a $100 of extra paper weight jammed in every box.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@WadeFan said:

I for one am happy to see an intelligent conversation about video games happening here. It shows the potential that SW has when a few bad eggs are removed. That being said, I myself have both next gen consoles and right now I prefer the Xbox One. The games are superior IMO and the Kinect and TV integration, while some may think is a gimmick is actual pretty useful to me.

honestly @me3x12 has to turn every thread into a flame war,

whilst also disregarding accurate information to fuel his insane bias.

but on topic I might get an xbone 1 day,

but as some mentioned before and until it is taken out,

the Kinect.

the only thing that is truly keeping it from flying off the shelves,

many wont perceive its value ever,

or start to care about it, but I know it keeps me from purchasing one.

especially being as informed as I am about hardware,

I would be willing to over look it,

but not while the Kinect is looking me over.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

I enjoy my Xbone. My PS4 has been pretty useless so far.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

Holy crap, that is the longest sentence I have ever seen in my life.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@lostrib: I filed a complaint that most of his threads were getting locked and the rest of his posts were only aggravating everyone on here. He's got a temporary ban. I don't know how long that lasts, but I'm looking forward to the peace.... And not being completely embarrassed to admit I like the Xbox One in its own right.

Did they ban his other account Fredomefreelife..hahahaha

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#41 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i really love Forza, but i can't get it just for that when it costs 1000 bucks to import it. I don't like the Live paywall, weaker hardware, kinect camera and it being more expensive. Also the fact that they almost have no exclusives either worries me aswell. I loved the 360 until 2013. That's when they stopped caring and i switched to my ps3.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Solid_Max13

@edwardecl: I agree with you in many ways MS is doing more to hurt their fan base then keep them in a lot of ways and price is a huge factor with that as well as power at the moment as well as their horrible E3 that have them a bad rep, though like I said we still have to wait to see what the exclusive line up is and what they will bring

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Lets just get this out of the way.

I own 2 PS4's and only 1 Xbox One. But when my friends or family ask me which console is better I tell them than the Xbox One has better games. I just finished Ryse and I would play that game again over Killzone any day. PvZ Garden Warfare, Forza, DR3 and soon Titanfall make up the list of games that cannot be played on PS4. Of course if you own a capable PC that changes everything, but console vs console cannot be ignored. And if all you play is multiplats then of course you would choose a PS4. Everything can be changed of course if Infamous is a big success. I'm hoping that game is great since I have been looking forward to it for so long.

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MisterXMedia
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

The Xbone feels like a last-gen console.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

MS needs to invest some of that money in new ip's. I like Gears and Halo (i'll pass on Forza) but where are the other exclusives? I usually pick up every console each gen but so far MS hasn't shown me enough to justify purchasing an X1 at $100 more then the ps4. Come out with a kinect-less sku and show me more exclusives and i'll get one that same day. As it is im tempted to bite on the Titanfall bundle as the game looks fun as hell but I cant justify it.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By super600  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

By the time they drop Kinect and lower the price, the PS4 VR will probably be out or at least announced. It will be rather odd seeing the tides turn as the XBone gets looked at as just another $400 console while the "real next gen gaming" is happening on the PS4.

Only then will people realize it seems.. XBone is a decent... DECENT console with a $100 of extra paper weight jammed in every box.

VR gaming will have little to no influence on the PS4's LTD unless it's something people actually want like the Wii remote.It will also cost a lot of money to buy probably to.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

For the time being, me3x12 is gone -- one half of the annoying Xbox One duo that's making all owners look like fools, you're welcome -- so now might be the only time we can actually have a decent discussion about the Xbox One, and it's potential as a solid gaming platform.

I've been playing both the ps4 and Xbox One, and it seems both platforms have some interesting strengths. Ps4 has the more obvious strength in the superior graphical output, which is apparent immediately, but the Xbox One's got some interesting features as well.

I have to give props and a waving, shameful finger at the controller. I like the design, and I love the idea of rumble triggers. But if you're not a racing fan, that's exactly what they are -- an idea. I tried out the Forza demo and actually felt the proper execution of these triggers, and I have to say they're pretty awesome. But it seems like Forza's the only game that's utilizing them. I was bummed the Titanfall beta didn't have an implementation of these triggers, and I hope newer Xbox One games will utilize them because I wish every console -- ps4 included -- had this idea.

Graphics are going to be great for exclusives that utilize the console. Hell, even first party Wii U games look outstanding, so I'm pretty excited about what the internal studios at Microsoft will do with their games. And for the love of God, I hope Rare's IP -- not made by Rare, themselves -- make a comeback. In terms of exclusives, I think Microsoft has a library that rivals Sony's. The difference of course is that Microsoft hasn't used hardly any of it, instead opting for Forza/Fable/Halo/Gears, instead of trying their hand at a Banjo game, a Conker sequel, or even a Jet Force Gemini reboot (which would be amazing if done correctly).

Of course, the Xbox One is subject to a lot of negativity right now, but for people who aren't fond of the console -- the ps4 owners, mostly -- what would it take to turn the Xbox One into a solid platform in your eyes?

I know it's unreasonable on an internet forum, but we've got something like five days until me3x12 comes back from his temporary ban and turns this into a bunch of nonsense again. Can we please have one decent conversation comparing the ps4 and the Xbox One?

i haven't got time to say much but i just wanted to say that was a bloody good post and i read all its words.

i am open minded about the console, and the exclusives. i wouldn't buy either console on graphics alone and its pretty neck and neck for me.

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MisterXMedia
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

@super600 said:

@Shewgenja said:

VR gaming will have little to no influence on the PS4's LTD unless it's something people actually want like the Wii remote.It will also cost a lot of money to buy probably to.

Your fanboyism is showing.

The Xbone is a last-gen console all-around.

It's barely stronger than the PS3 & 360, it's OS is slow as shit, still suffering from long ass install times, crap multimedia features.

SONY's VR headset will catapult the PS4 to 80+% marketshare. Deal with it.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By super600  Moderator

@MisterXMedia said:

@super600 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Your fanboyism is showing.

The Xbone is a last-gen console all-around.

It's barely stronger than the PS3 & 360, it's OS is slow as shit, still suffering from long ass install times, crap multimedia features.

SONY's VR headset will catapult the PS4 to 80+% marketshare. Deal with it.

Doesn't that technically describe the WiiU even though that console can do some things that are impossible to do on the 360 and PS3.The xbox one is definetly way stronger than the 360 and PS3.And games like ryse prove that even though that game has framerate issues.And I don;'t even think sony believes that they will get that high of a marketshare at the end of this gen.They will get anywere from a 40%-65%(even a 65% marketshare seems unlikely) marketshare because MS will take a big chunk of the potential gaming market(Anywere from 30%-40%).I hope you are trolling.