Nothing has changed in the PS4 version of TLOU

Avatar image for handssss
#151 Posted by handssss (1907 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@handssss said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@charizard1605 said:

"We up-resed textures, we also turned on various graphics features that, on the PS3 we could only afford to turn on here and there in certain spots where it really offered bang for the buck, and in some cases those are turned on across the board now, like the bounce light from the flashlight," they said. "There's better anti-aliasing. Just a host of graphical improvements that bring a lot of crispness and additional quality to the look of the game."

"Our goal with the Remaster was to keep it as a 'true' remaster. Even though we had some ideas, we wanted to really just focus on keeping the same core experience. We dove into a couple things, like the new features with the PS4 controller."

Yeah, guys... that sounds like a very poor excuse to me, if anyone wants to play the original game, it's right there, it exists, it's still being sold, it's barely a year old, it's not even rare to find. With the recent spate of news about this game, The Last of Us on PS4 is increasingly coming off to me as a cynical cash grab made exclusively to pad up the PS4's anemic lineup this year (and maybe to get Naughty Dog familiar with the hardware with a relatively safe project).

SOURCE

There is this thing called BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY that makes this ‘re-releases’ mute and predatory. PS1, PS2, and PS3 didn’t need it because they, at least at first, had backwards compatibility. GBA, DS, 3DS, Wii, and Wii U don’t need it because of backwards compatibility.

What this punk from Sony is doing is trying to say that removing backwards compatibility and ‘re-releasing’ old games is 1) good and 2) brilliant console strategy. He’s wrong on both counts.

Because it would have been immensely stupid to continue using the cell architecture over x86 and having both in the ps4 would've jacked the price up higher than launch xbone, so nobody would have bought it. That Emulating ps3 is currently impossible even with a top of the line PC, so literally the only way to give us those games is either

1. Remasters.

2. Cloud Streaming

So that justifies Sony for making a cash grab?

That + my earlier post completely justifies a ps4 copy of this game. These are businesses and Sony is no different. What would you suggest? Waiting X amount of years instead of letting them quickly do this and then focus on stuff strictly for the new system? Wasting time inventing more new DLC just for this version that would burn all those who paid for the ps3 version? Not make it at all even though there's a sizeable audience who never had the ps3 game? Do you want even MOAR money off even though the vanilla ps3 game + DLC costs more than this will?

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#152 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (17266 posts) -

@handssss said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@handssss said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

There is this thing called BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY that makes this ‘re-releases’ mute and predatory. PS1, PS2, and PS3 didn’t need it because they, at least at first, had backwards compatibility. GBA, DS, 3DS, Wii, and Wii U don’t need it because of backwards compatibility.

What this punk from Sony is doing is trying to say that removing backwards compatibility and ‘re-releasing’ old games is 1) good and 2) brilliant console strategy. He’s wrong on both counts.

Because it would have been immensely stupid to continue using the cell architecture over x86 and having both in the ps4 would've jacked the price up higher than launch xbone, so nobody would have bought it. That Emulating ps3 is currently impossible even with a top of the line PC, so literally the only way to give us those games is either

1. Remasters.

2. Cloud Streaming

So that justifies Sony for making a cash grab?

That + my earlier post completely justifies a ps4 copy of this game. These are businesses and Sony is no different. What would you suggest? Waiting X amount of years instead of letting them quickly do this and then focus on stuff strictly for the new system? Wasting time inventing more new DLC just for this version that would burn all those who paid for the ps3 version? Not make it at all even though there's a sizeable audience who never had the ps3 game? Do you want even MOAR money off even though the vanilla ps3 game + DLC costs more than this will?

My point is simple, even with new DLC, its a cash grab and Sony trying to justify it makes their PR marketing look terrible.

Avatar image for Gue1
#153 Edited by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

if nothing has changed then how it is a cash grab? Just think about that for a moment....

Avatar image for Animal-Mother
#155 Edited by Animal-Mother (27353 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

They aren't called Cows for nothing.

Didn't you get milked as an early adopter for something called kinect?

Something that was so pivotal to the system that the bundle needed to be $500 and MS would never take it out?

Already stated my displeasure about Kinect and it doesn't qualify as milking by the way.

Keep stating the same tired post though.

Yeah it does. You got milked for $100 extra dollars for something that would never be taken out of the box.

Also stating your displeasure doesn't mean you didn't get you utters tugged bro.

Avatar image for speedfog
#156 Posted by speedfog (4945 posts) -

Give the PS4 users atleast a new DLC. Cus this is total milking.

Avatar image for Heil68
#157 Posted by Heil68 (57858 posts) -

except $30 in dlc and by golly that makes it one of the best values in gaming.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#158 Posted by foxhound_fox (96795 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

I don't understand the point of this thread and others bashing HD re-releases/remasters.

These re-releases are for:

A. People who haven't played the game/don't own a PS3

B. People who want a game they enjoyed with better graphics on a more capable platform.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that. Stop the unnecessary bitching.

Let's be realistic here. How many PS3 TLoU owners are NOT going to buy it on their PS4's? It'll likely be the PS4's highest scoring game until 2015.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
#159 Posted by delete-EasyComeEasyGo (382 posts) -

Good. I can afford 50 bucks to buy it again. Why do people act like Naughty Dog owes you. You purchased the game on PS3 and loved it... You GOT your money's worth, if you don't want it again don't buy it... Don't sit around and sound like a poor broke ass gamer saying "why isn't there a discount. Can't afford it, sorry about your damn luck.

Avatar image for jer_1
#160 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Probably well worth it if you never played the game...

I will find out soon I'm sure. =P

Avatar image for bezza2011
#161 Posted by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

Wow another silly little thread,

You wouldn't batter an eye lid if it came out as a game of the year edition, so what is the problem with a remastered game on PS4 at a reduced price i might add, you can get the game in the UK for £28.

you may not realize this but alot of Xbox gamers did make the move over to PS4, it's only right that these gamers get to experience the game what taken the most rewards and game of year trophies than most other games ever.

A cash grab or not from ND, means a whole lot of new people get to experience the whole game plus DLC, just like anyone would if they released a game of the year edition, get off your high horse, if you don't want it, don't get it, and yes it is different from the PS3 version, it's already been stated by nurmous websites who have had a preview of it, 60fps works, and 1080p makes look amazing. the game was great then, add these 2 factors in and you've got a great game.

Avatar image for pyratrum
#162 Posted by PyratRum (778 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@pyratrum said:

I don't understand the point of this thread and others bashing HD re-releases/remasters.

These re-releases are for:

A. People who haven't played the game/don't own a PS3

B. People who want a game they enjoyed with better graphics on a more capable platform.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that. Stop the unnecessary bitching.

Let's be realistic here. How many PS3 TLoU owners are NOT going to buy it on their PS4's? It'll likely be the PS4's highest scoring game until 2015.

Probably quite a few. And there's nothing really wrong with that.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#163 Posted by R4gn4r0k (27111 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, guys... that sounds like a very poor excuse to me, if anyone wants to play the original game, it's right there, it exists, it's still being sold, it's barely a year old, it's not even rare to find. With the recent spate of news about this game, The Last of Us on PS4 is increasingly coming off to me as a cynical cash grab made exclusively to pad up the PS4's anemic lineup this year(and maybe to get Naughty Dog familiar with the hardware with a relatively safe project).

SOURCE

That's how it's always come off to me.

Seriously, people claim PC gaming is expensive on these forums but at least on that platform I don't need to buy another 50$ copy of the game to be able to play 1080/60 (should I wait for the 1080/60 edition of The Order for PS5?)

There are many and much better HD collections out there and the upcoming master chief collection is one too. I don't get how Sony thinks charging 50 for one upressed game is ok when it used to charge, and still does, 30 for many PS2 collections... Which include multiple upressed games by the way.

Avatar image for b4x
#164 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@b4x said:

@kinectthedots: Curt Shilling in the house!!

Shill

Shill can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws. In this sense, such a critic would be an indirect shill for the industry at large, because said critic's income is tied to the prosperity of the industry.

Your handbook

Psychological manipulation is a type of social influence that aims to change the perception or behavior of others through underhanded, deceptive, or even abusive tactics.[1] By advancing the interests of the manipulator, often at another's expense, such methods could be considered exploitative, abusive, devious, and deceptive.

Tell it walking twat.

lol, save your worlds for yourself moron, those lines fit you more than any other on this board. You don't even have logical arguments you are just a fanboy for no reason.

Something that might not seem logical to you.... May incite there is an underlying problem with ones mental process? Your fanboy brain refusing any logic, or your inability to process said logic? You decide. That's if you can decipher the logic just presented to you.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#165 Posted by foxhound_fox (96795 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

And there's nothing really wrong with that.

And that's where some might disagree.

Avatar image for blackace
#166 Posted by blackace (23576 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

except $30 in dlc and by golly that makes it one of the best values in gaming.

Halo: Master Chief Collection is the best value in gaming this generation. Last Gen, I'd have to go with the God of War Saga collection or the MGS Collection on the PS3. TLOU Remastered is a total ripoff. It should have been no more then $30.

Avatar image for lglz1337
#167 Posted by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

double dip i will double dip like it or not i will double dip!!

Avatar image for Heil68
#168 Posted by Heil68 (57858 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Heil68 said:

except $30 in dlc and by golly that makes it one of the best values in gaming.

Halo: Master Chief Collection is the best value in gaming this generation. Last Gen, I'd have to go with the God of War Saga collection or the MGS Collection on the PS3. TLOU Remastered is a total ripoff. It should have been no more then $30.

Weren't you the one who said don't bring up other competition in threads? lol

The POWER of SONY.

Avatar image for lostrib
#169 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@b4x said:

@kinectthedots said:

@b4x said:

@kinectthedots: Curt Shilling in the house!!

Shill

Shill can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws. In this sense, such a critic would be an indirect shill for the industry at large, because said critic's income is tied to the prosperity of the industry.

Your handbook

Psychological manipulation is a type of social influence that aims to change the perception or behavior of others through underhanded, deceptive, or even abusive tactics.[1] By advancing the interests of the manipulator, often at another's expense, such methods could be considered exploitative, abusive, devious, and deceptive.

Tell it walking twat.

lol, save your worlds for yourself moron, those lines fit you more than any other on this board. You don't even have logical arguments you are just a fanboy for no reason.

Something that might not seem logical to you.... May incite there is an underlying problem with ones mental process? Your fanboy brain refusing any logic, or your inability to process said logic? You decide. That's if you can decipher the logic just presented to you.

Avatar image for Terrencec06
#170 Posted by Terrencec06 (4015 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

"We up-resed textures, we also turned on various graphics features that, on the PS3 we could only afford to turn on here and there in certain spots where it really offered bang for the buck, and in some cases those are turned on across the board now, like the bounce light from the flashlight," they said. "There's better anti-aliasing. Just a host of graphical improvements that bring a lot of crispness and additional quality to the look of the game."

"Our goal with the Remaster was to keep it as a 'true' remaster. Even though we had some ideas, we wanted to really just focus on keeping the same core experience. We dove into a couple things, like the new features with the PS4 controller."

Yeah, guys... that sounds like a very poor excuse to me, if anyone wants to play the original game, it's right there, it exists, it's still being sold, it's barely a year old, it's not even rare to find. With the recent spate of news about this game, The Last of Us on PS4 is increasingly coming off to me as a cynical cash grab made exclusively to pad up the PS4's anemic lineup this year (and maybe to get Naughty Dog familiar with the hardware with a relatively safe project).

SOURCE

Think of all the Xbox people that switched this gen. This game is for them, NOT the ones that bought it already.

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#171 Posted by MBirdy88 (12230 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
@lostrib said:

wait, what were people expecting besides better graphics?

What are people expecting in a full price re-release of a game that is just a year old, with copies of the original release widely found just about everywhere?

I don't know.

Ummm just don't buy it? sheesh.

Avatar image for Animal-Mother
#172 Posted by Animal-Mother (27353 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Heil68 said:

except $30 in dlc and by golly that makes it one of the best values in gaming.

Halo: Master Chief Collection is the best value in gaming this generation. Last Gen, I'd have to go with the God of War Saga collection or the MGS Collection on the PS3. TLOU Remastered is a total ripoff. It should have been no more then $30.

Every HD "whatever" is a ripoff

Tomb raider? GTA V, The Metro games.....

I mean why is TLOU coming under such scrutiny?

Avatar image for cainetao11
#173 Posted by cainetao11 (32730 posts) -

@Terrencec06 said:

@charizard1605 said:

"We up-resed textures, we also turned on various graphics features that, on the PS3 we could only afford to turn on here and there in certain spots where it really offered bang for the buck, and in some cases those are turned on across the board now, like the bounce light from the flashlight," they said. "There's better anti-aliasing. Just a host of graphical improvements that bring a lot of crispness and additional quality to the look of the game."

"Our goal with the Remaster was to keep it as a 'true' remaster. Even though we had some ideas, we wanted to really just focus on keeping the same core experience. We dove into a couple things, like the new features with the PS4 controller."

Yeah, guys... that sounds like a very poor excuse to me, if anyone wants to play the original game, it's right there, it exists, it's still being sold, it's barely a year old, it's not even rare to find. With the recent spate of news about this game, The Last of Us on PS4 is increasingly coming off to me as a cynical cash grab made exclusively to pad up the PS4's anemic lineup this year (and maybe to get Naughty Dog familiar with the hardware with a relatively safe project).

SOURCE

Think of all the Xbox people that switched this gen. This game is for them, NOT the ones that bought it already.

Oh BS. TLOU sold 7 million. Execs were not in a think tank with angels wings thinking of who didn't play it when they know gamers buy Madden and COD every year with some differences. They know people will rebuy anything with a fresh coat of paint. If only a third rebuy its over 2 million sold. Then the new sales are gravy.

Avatar image for Sollet
#174 Edited by Sollet (8075 posts) -
@pyratrum said:

I don't understand the point of this thread and others bashing HD re-releases/remasters.

These re-releases are for:

A. People who haven't played the game/don't own a PS3

B. People who want a game they enjoyed with better graphics on a more capable platform.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that. Stop the unnecessary bitching.

This.

Avatar image for SambaLele
#175 Posted by SambaLele (5552 posts) -

Nothing? Really?

Avatar image for nethernova
#176 Posted by nethernova (5489 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
@lostrib said:

wait, what were people expecting besides better graphics?

What are people expecting in a full price re-release of a game that is just a year old, with copies of the original release widely found just about everywhere?

I don't know.

I expect it to be the game it was meant to be. Didn't buy it for PS3 because it was obvious there would be a PS4 version. Same for GTA5. If you were stupid enough to get it early, good for you. I assume you enjoyed the game anyway. Nobody forces you to buy it again.

Avatar image for UnbiasedPoster
#177 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1134 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

No different from Twilight Princess at Wii's launch.

That is a different story... ENTIRELY!

You're completely right.

Sony should be less evil and follow Nintendo's path.

Create a game ground up for a system. Realize that system is irrelevant and no longer has staying power. Delay said game and create an unchanged next-gen version. Release the (obvious) port before the actual release of the original game. Now that's classy.

Avatar image for OhSnapitz
#178 Edited by OhSnapitz (19273 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:@I_can_haz said:

You just owned the fanboy OP. The game looks a lot better than the PS3 version and it's 1080p/60fps to boot.

That is clearly worth a full price re-release of a year old game, yes.

It's $50 and it includes a $15 DLC Pack.. That's not "full price" my fanboy friend.

EDIT: And considering you're a Sheep.. Whoa.. do you have ANY room to talk when it comes to re-releases?

Half the Wii-U lineup is 3DS titles.. lol

Avatar image for SolidSnake35
#179 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58756 posts) -

Doesn't it have touchpad controls for climbing ropes? The very idea makes my toes curl with ecstasy .

Avatar image for rosko123
#180 Posted by rosko123 (556 posts) -

If the screenshots they've released are in game they look absolutely stunning and definitely passable for this gen. If you haven't played it (which hundreds of thousands if not millions that jumped to ps4) it's 100% worth the money. I will pick it up again I hope the multiplayer graphics have been given an overhaul too as they were pretty bad and it was really fun so hopefully it will get a new lease of life.

Avatar image for Randolph
#181 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

It just doesn't deserve all the attention it is getting. It's just an up-rezzed GOTY edition.

Although I blame that on nothing being available to play now.

Yeah I don't get it. If the PS4 wasn't around, they just would have made a GOTY edition for PS3 with all the DLC that would have been a bit cheaper than new. This is that GOTY edition that would have been on PS3 eventually anyway, just better looking to boot.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#182 Edited by MirkoS77 (12677 posts) -

Saw this on Neogaf. No differences.

IT'S A BULLSHOT!!!

Avatar image for santoron
#183 Edited by santoron (8583 posts) -

"Nothing has changed in the PS4 version of TLoU"

*Quotes devs listing some of the changes made to the PS4 version of TLoU*

@charizard1605, mod thyself.

Avatar image for -Karmum-
#184 Posted by -Karmum- (3776 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, guys... that sounds like a very poor excuse to me, if anyone wants to play the original game, it's right there, it exists, it's still being sold, it's barely a year old, it's not even rare to find. With the recent spate of news about this game, The Last of Us on PS4 is increasingly coming off to me as a cynical cash grab made exclusively to pad up the PS4's anemic lineup this year(and maybe to get Naughty Dog familiar with the hardware with a relatively safe project).

SOURCE

That's how it's always come off to me.

Seriously, people claim PC gaming is expensive on these forums but at least on that platform I don't need to buy another 50$ copy of the game to be able to play 1080/60 (should I wait for the 1080/60 edition of The Order for PS5?)

There are many and much better HD collections out there and the upcoming master chief collection is one too. I don't get how Sony thinks charging 50 for one upressed game is ok when it used to charge, and still does, 30 for many PS2 collections... Which include multiple upressed games by the way.

While I agree, you made a completely terrible comparison: TLOU was released at the very end of the PS3's life cycle with the PS4 coming around the corner, and in your hypothetical "The Order PS5" example, you'd be waiting like 6-7 years.

"Cash grab?" Maybe, but how many Xbox users who bought a PS4 missed out on TLOU on the PS3? Probably a few, I'm sure.

Avatar image for nini200
#185 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Wasn't that already debunked in a different thread?

Well, considering Naughty Dog just said this themselves... I highly doubt it?

They increased the graphics by a little, what did people expect though?

Not to cost more than $40

Avatar image for TwistedShade
#186 Posted by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

You say it's a cash grab Char but what about all the people who never had PS3's to play the game? I just bought a PS4 not long ago and I'll definitely be buying this and since a lot of 360 owners moved to the PS4 maybe they haven't played the original either.

Avatar image for vitonemesis
#187 Posted by vitonemesis (3162 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

except $30 in dlc and by golly that makes it one of the best values in gaming.

It's 40 bucks of DLC.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#188 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Saw this on Neogaf. No differences.

IT'S A BULLSHOT!!!

Not only is the remastered version overly sharpened for extra pop but the PS3 version is more blurred than it actually is in that shot. People also posted direct shots of the PS3 version and it looked a bit cleaner

Avatar image for notorious1234na
#189 Posted by Notorious1234NA (1917 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

The point is that this is a worrying trend for the industry? Or am I not allowed to point that out?

  1. It's a cash grab still uses last engine for crying out loud....
  2. A smart move since a lot of people who own PS4 did not have a PS3
  3. Not a trend just that PS4 sucks, has no games, and it's no secret why many PS3 owners did not upgrade to PS4 yet.

As for what will happen to industry, again no secret common sense. Since console market kinda is retracting, everyone is fleeing to PC to make a F2P game or iOS/Android because stealing a kid's lunch money is in now. Both the risk and investment needed to make a stupid mundane "2048" is lower. The successful blockbusters here to stay, but when you have CEOs make remarks like "...why don't you like indie games?" we all know the future. PS4 is going to be a hub for a bunch of F2P cash grab/ indie games. We all know what F2P games eventually turn into and no one bought a PS4 to buy indie games you can play on a PC for free. Until the cost to create AAA games decrease, we are going to be stuck with a small selection of PS4 worthy games. In PS3 era we got sequels every year. In PS4 era we'll get DLC after DLC after DLC after DLC after DLC etc.

Looking at what I firmly believe to be PS4's future for at least 2-3 years, I'd say make sure you got a PC to keep you company. Why 2-3 years? Well it takes time for devs to you know actually learn how to code properly and optimize. I mean Killzone 2 looks better than Titanfall thats just sad.

Avatar image for kingtito
#190 Posted by kingtito (9023 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:

They aren't called Cows for nothing.

lol

Xbox's biggest "game" this year is a bunch of remakes. Dat cash grab

@charizard1605 said:

Yes, I know it's a pretty game.

Very pretty, especially on the PS4. The forest screen almost seems like a different game. Still not worth $50 though :P

At least they're not remakes of a year old game. They're remakes of games that span 10 years. Much better than that milkage Sony is doing.

Avatar image for kingtito
#191 Edited by kingtito (9023 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

I don't understand the point of this thread and others bashing HD re-releases/remasters.

These re-releases are for:

A. People who haven't played the game/don't own a PS3

B. People who want a game they enjoyed with better graphics on a more capable platform.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that. Stop the unnecessary bitching.

No it's not. Sony would like you to think that but it's really just a cash grab because there aren't many games this year. Don't be fooled by the PR from Sony.

So the PS3 wasn't a capable platform? WTF is wrong with you cows? Always drinking the Sony kool-aid. The game will play the exact same with slightly better graphics. That won't change the game once bit.

Can you say CASH GRAB!!!!

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#192 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33737 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster said:

You're completely right.

Sony should be less evil and follow Nintendo's path.

Create a game ground up for a system. Realize that system is irrelevant and no longer has staying power. Delay said game and create an unchanged next-gen version. Release the (obvious) port before the actual release of the original game. Now that's classy.

*facepalm*

TLOU R is created past the PS4's launch. Twilight Princess Wii was released at the Wii U's launch.

You know, for a user named "UnbiasedPoster", you don't stick well to your namesake.

Avatar image for Seabas989
#193 Posted by Seabas989 (13149 posts) -

It's a rip off but gamers as a whole love to be milked.

Avatar image for Opus_Rea-333
#194 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1238 posts) -

heres the game if you havent played it yet (since it is basically a movie lol)

so heres the game at HD remastered for you by youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZjB3KpbeE

Loading Video...

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#195 Posted by MirkoS77 (12677 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Saw this on Neogaf. No differences.

IT'S A BULLSHOT!!!

Not only is the remastered version overly sharpened for extra pop but the PS3 version is more blurred than it actually is in that shot. People also posted direct shots of the PS3 version and it looked a bit cleaner

Minors. This is essentially what the differences amount to. This really is all pointless anyways as it'll not become apparent until it's on our screens.

Avatar image for Ribnarak
#196 Edited by Ribnarak (2299 posts) -

as a fan of naughty dog , I really think the price should be lower. $30 would be the best price imo alongside a $10 upgrade option for people who bought it on the ps3.

Avatar image for UnbiasedPoster
#197 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1134 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

You're completely right.

Sony should be less evil and follow Nintendo's path.

Create a game ground up for a system. Realize that system is irrelevant and no longer has staying power. Delay said game and create an unchanged next-gen version. Release the (obvious) port before the actual release of the original game. Now that's classy.

*facepalm*

TLOU R is created past the PS4's launch. Twilight Princess Wii was released at the Wii U's launch.

You know, for a user named "UnbiasedPoster", you don't stick well to your namesake.

Why does that matter? Again, Nintendo delayed the GC version to hit the Wii launch.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#198 Edited by R4gn4r0k (27111 posts) -

@-Karmum- said:

While I agree, you made a completely terrible comparison: TLOU was released at the very end of the PS3's life cycle with the PS4 coming around the corner, and in your hypothetical "The Order PS5" example, you'd be waiting like 6-7 years.

"Cash grab?" Maybe, but how many Xbox users who bought a PS4 missed out on TLOU on the PS3? Probably a few, I'm sure.

Yeah, I always see this argument: "Oh, but this is great for the people that missed out on TLOU"

But then I see loads of people saying: "I played TLOU already, but I would really want to play it again" where some are willing to spend 50 dollars again and others think it's an absurd price.

TBH I haven't seen that many lemmings or people that missed out saying they'll buy TLOU HD.

Avatar image for handssss
#199 Posted by handssss (1907 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

heres the game if you havent played it yet (since it is basically a movie lol)

so heres the game at HD remastered for you by youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZjB3KpbeE

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

well gee, I guess there's no reason to play any of the Halo games now since they all made a nice movie.

Avatar image for wis3boi
#200 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

@lostrib said:

wait, what were people expecting besides better graphics?

"But graphics don't matter!"