Not hearing anything about Cyberpunk2077 is so refreshing.

• 56 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38801 Posts

Anyone else fund the marketing for this game to be more of an annoying spam than anything else? As if this wasn't enough, when the game launched, and was what it was, no matter where you were, the whole gaming community was talking about the game, and this lasted a long time. Then we had the dev apologies and promisses to fix the game, and we kept hearing about CP2077 again and again.

But finally, the air is clean and the CP2077 pollution is gone. We don't hear about the game, be it from gamers or devs. It has been deleted from anyone's conversation, and i am glad it did.

The most annoying marketing campaign for a video game i have ever seen. But hey, because of it, even releasing a broken (and completely unplayble on last gen consoles) game, they still made bank and the higher ups were promoted😖

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

That's because it has been patched and is playable, so all the twerps that were running their mouth about how terrible it was don't have anything to talk about. It wasn't the marketing that was annoying, it was all the people whining about it that was annoying...

The people that enjoyed it--most people--were or are too busy playing it to talk about it.

I'm on my fourth playthrough right now myself, and it's a lot of fun. Can't wait for the DLC (I hope it's Nomad-focused DLC!)

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

CDPR shit the bed.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hardwenzen

@mrbojangles25 said:

That's because it has been patched and is playable, so all the twerps that were running their mouth about how terrible it was don't have anything to talk about. It wasn't the marketing that was annoying, it was all the people whining about it that was annoying...

The people that enjoyed it--most people--were or are too busy playing it to talk about it.

I'm on my fourth playthrough right now myself, and it's a lot of fun. Can't wait for the DLC (I hope it's Nomad-focused DLC!)

My annoyance began way before the game launched, but because i was kinda expecting a 10/10 masterpiece, it didn't bother me as much as it should have.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrbojangles25

@zaryia said:

CDPR shit the bed.

Meh, maybe initially. But they posted record profits, sold a lot of copies, and it is a damn fun game. They're at 100% success rate as far as I am concerned; all the Witcher games and Cyberpunk are decent to great games.

@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

My annoyance began way before the game launched, but because i was kinda expecting a 10/10 masterpiece, it didn't bother me as much as it should have.

Fair enough, but people were still talking shit about it long before it was released. People love to hate the folks at the top.

Avatar image for deactivated-62852ef1135c6
deactivated-62852ef1135c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 deactivated-62852ef1135c6
Member since 2021 • 1322 Posts

I would say not having IP Daily around is considerably more refreshing.

But yeah, Cyberpunk, too.

Dragerdeifrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Dragerdeifrit
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

And u just polluted that fresh air again.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen

@Dragerdeifrit said:

And u just polluted that fresh air again.

lol i saw fresh air. i took away fresh air.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Great game, enjoyed it a lot.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2133 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

That's because it has been patched and is playable, so all the twerps that were running their mouth about how terrible it was don't have anything to talk about.

Not really. The bugs were on the forefront because of the meme potential, but the primary complaints always were that the final release does not have half the promised features and this never be patched.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25

@rmpumper said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

That's because it has been patched and is playable, so all the twerps that were running their mouth about how terrible it was don't have anything to talk about.

Not really. The bugs were on the forefront because of the meme potential, but the primary complaints always were that the final release does not have half the promised features and this never be patched.

I say this about all games, so don't mistake me for a fanboy of Cyberpunk, but everything seen in the game up to the final release is advertising, and advertising is an exaggeration.

Sorry if people got their hopes up (I mean that, I can totally sympathize), but close to three decades of playing games has taught me to expect about 2/3 of what is promised in the final product.

Not being able to cling to walls with the mantis blades isn't going to ruin my day any more than the Big Mac from McDonalds not looking like it does in the ad ruins my day.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

That's every hyped AAA game ever. Traction in the first 2 months, and then radio silence.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@jasonofa36 said:

That's every hyped AAA game ever. Traction in the first 2 months, and then radio silence.

Not at all. Bloodborne, BoTW, TW3, Dark Souls, Skyrim as a few examples, are games we constantly hear and talk about.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#14  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Worked fine day 1 on my PS4 Pro with an external SSD. I enjoyed it since day one and got 90 hours out of it before I quit playing. I am about half way through with the main story.

Not too sure if I will finish it, I may or may not, but I’ve moved on to other games. I didn’t have the vast expectations some people had. I just thought it would be very good, great, but not a continuous blast of things we have never seen before.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JasonOfA36

@hardwenzen said:
@jasonofa36 said:

Not at all. Bloodborne, BoTW, TW3, Dark Souls, Skyrim as a few examples, are games we constantly hear and talk about.

There will be exceptions, for sure. Are people still talking about RE8? Half-Life: Alyx? TLOU?

Majority will still be ignored after a few months.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen

@jasonofa36 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@jasonofa36 said:

There will be exceptions, for sure. Are people still talking about RE8? Half-Life: Alyx? TLOU?

Majority will still be ignored after a few months.

RE8 was shit, not on par with games mentioned above. Alyx,,, well, barely anyone played it. Bunch of people talk about TLOU2 still.

CP2077 was supposed to be THE game. It failed, and when a game fails, you might hear people trolling it (Halo Infinite and its gameplay showcase was one of those), but we don't even hear that. Its like people don't want to even mention this title.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JasonOfA36

@hardwenzen: Eh, that happens. Wait till the next gen patch comes out and people from the woodworks' gonna mention this game again.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JasonOfA36

@hardwenzen: Also lol no about TLOU2. Only you cows talk about it non-stop.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3019 Posts

Waiting for the next gen version before I talk too much about the game.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

True, I'm waiting for that actual next-gen update and get the game then.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 954 Posts

@uitravioience: any word on when that will be released?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34595 Posts

It was a bit annoying since I wasn't hyped for it at all myself. I just didn't see or believe what everyone else did. And then when it came out and was all sorts of crap and people whined about the game not being the best game in the universe, I could do nothing but roll my eyes.

But it was pretty funny when so many just blindly followed the hype and bought the game day 1 and was really dissapointed because of their own stupidity. I enjoyed that part.

Also enjoyed the part when CDPR went from one of the best devs around, according to gamers, but suddenly became one of the biggest asshats in gaming. That part was pretty satisfying too.

I might get the game sometime down the line when the price is at "CDPR gets almost nothing" level, just to see what the fuzz was about. I kinda have to, since no one is talking about the actual game and gameplay when talking about it. Probably because none of it is especially good and worth to talk about.

I'm still not sure how the game is after all this time. Stuff like, is the skill tree good? Does it let you play exactly the way you want? Does it take away your control and acts like you have choices when you really don't? Is the shooting good? Is the melee good? Is the world fun to traverse? Is it loaded with repetitive subquests like Assassin's Creed? Is it scripted? Can you complete all quests your own way, or only some? I've watched several reviews of the game, and none really tells me how the game is.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3019 Posts

@Black96Z: no idea.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2250 Posts

@jasonofa36: correction only hardwarezen talks about it nonstop, probably because the poor thing haven’t gotten a ps5 yet and it’s hard to continue to hype the 2-3 worthwhile games it has when haven’t even played them😜😜

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56061 Posts

Cyberpunk 2077 released December 2020, the game was a broken mess on consoles but more playable on PC despite glitches popping up here and there, it took 2 months after release for CDPR for patching it up where it needs to be and after February 2021, the game is now playable, gamers already complete it and move on. It's June so what's there to talk about? Unless we're talking about DLC, DLC will be free starting late 2021 but no word on any DLC yet or Expansions but even so, I doubt I'll reinstall just to play'em. I'll wait until CDPR is completely done with all DLC releases so I can play'em all and be done with the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I enjoyed the game on PC my old 970gtx pulled through somehow but damn I need a new GPU badly.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

Any news on the base PS4/X1 versions?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44552 Posts

I hate people acting like playing it on PC means the issues of few cars and near empty streets and sidewalks is fixed 'cause it isn't. AI is still bad, and NPCs are annoying and voices never seem to quite pair up with the bodies.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

I remember a huge bandwagon attacking the console versions of the game, which were apparently pretty bad ports.

It's nice that that all stopped.

As for the game itself, I played it on the PC and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a shame the mixed reception made them back off from their release schedule (presumably there would be news of expansions by now if the game had received universal acclaim?).

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44129 Posts

All the hype prelaunch never bothered me, in fact I was quite looking forward to it. Unfortunately when it actually came it wasn’t what I was hoping it too be. I was disappointed but moved on. May be something I pick up down the road when I get an Xbox Series X though depending how that version turns out.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I hate people acting like playing it on PC means the issues of few cars and near empty streets and sidewalks is fixed 'cause it isn't. AI is still bad, and NPCs are annoying and voices never seem to quite pair up with the bodies.

I "love" how you keep talking about empty streets in the PC version you don't have. This isn't "patched", by the way, this is just how the game has been since day 1 on PC

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56061 Posts

@xantufrog said:
@lamprey263 said:

I "love" how you keep talking about empty streets in the PC version you don't have. This isn't "patched", by the way, this is just how the game has been since day 1 on PC

This is the correct answer. It has always been this way since it release on PC and we're not talking about day one patch either. It seems like console gamers forgot that CDPR is mostly a PC developer than console developer to say the least and its why CP2077 was mostly playable on PC in the first place which is why you don't see anyone bashing the PC version much as console version.

I enjoy CP2077, it met my expectations and nothing more/less. I'll do another play once I upgrade my GPU from RTX 2070 to 3070Ti if I'm lucky to get it in June.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Seems a lot of misinformed people tend to think the game is bad or broken or something, but it's not. On new gen consoles and PC the game is amazing. I'm on my second play through and with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision the game looks and sounds stunning.

And all this is before they put in the new gen patch that is coming sometime this year.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#34  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

It also good to see that the standards are lower for CD Projeckt games based several responses. 😎

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Pedro: it's a kid with a baseball cap? Not sure what you're referring to, lol. Although the "tertiary" NPCs like that are generally wooden looking and dumb, so he's not a looker

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#37 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

@xantufrog: That kid is missing the kid proportions. 😂 It looks like a mini person.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Really looking forward to a second playthrough in another year maybe.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@hardwenzen: RE8 was amazing, speak for yourself.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen

@Sagemode87 said:

@hardwenzen: RE8 was amazing, speak for yourself.

Bet you're into CoD as well.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22651 Posts

Can anyone confirm whether the game was actually fun?

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Can anyone confirm whether the game was actually fun?

If you play your cards right, you get to nail Panam in a futuristic super tank. Of course it's fun.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 733 Posts

I'm actually looking forward to playing it eventually. I want to give it another six months or so. Maybe wait for a PS5 version. I think there was too much hype for this. I'm guilty of it too. I thought we were going to get a masterpiece and none of the delays bothered me as I expected CDPR to come through. Well, they messed up. Hopefully a lesson was learned by them and other studios.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Epak_ said:

Same... unless it comes to Gamepass before then (in that case I'll just play the standard version).

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen
Loading Video...

interesting

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Epak_ said:

Same... unless it comes to Gamepass before then (in that case I'll just play the standard version).

It's supposed to be a pretty good game, just buggy AF. I want all the bells and whistles (or some at least, since consoles lol), for my first playthrough.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2064 Posts

It's a solid game experience if you want to scratch that blade runner itch, personally I found the most pleasing setup was play on PC with a gamepad of your choice. Outside of the main quest structure though for my money it feels very shallow, they went through the trouble of building up elements of the world, trauma Team, Max tac, various corpo merc's, nomads, street cultures and gangs but never really did anything with it, one of those scenarios were less would have been more.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10431 Posts

it's still not been reinstated back onto the ps store.

i was going to hold off for the ps5 version but looks from this infographic they put out a few days ago in their earnings presentation that it won't be until late 2022

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Beating a corpse can only stay fun for so long. If you can call Cyberpunk a corpse after raking in record-breaking profits. People might still be talking about it had it been the groundbreaking RPG CDPR promised. It's still quite a fun game but disappointingly shallow.

ChrisChronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ChrisChronos
Member since 2017 • 180 Posts

I got the PS4 version to play on PS5.. I haven't actually played it yet but I'm really wondering what all the fuss and negativity is about.. It's a buggy game? So what? I've played plenty of buggy games, hasn't really affected me that much.