Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@louixiii said:

@mtron32: Same here (with having a launch PS4 and never got a Pro). I never finished it due to my work load but I don't think I got too far. Was playing it on g mode and got stuck on this crazy wave of enemies so now I'm going to take the difficulty down a notch so i can actually enjoy it and play it on my PS5 :)

I got to the credits and had to put it down to take out the trash, never picked it up again. Very much looking forward to the 4K action.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#102 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

@louixiii: I just painted it myself.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10604 Posts

@i_p_daily:

I already have one. Shouldn't you be more worried about collecting from Sony for renting out your conscious out to them?

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@BassMan said:

Damn. You got some pictures on the paint job? The side view doesn't show much. I really liked the look of the PS2 theme and yours looks pretty close to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ermacness: Sure you have one, and talk about getting money for filling ones conscious, well you replied to 2 of my posts and you do that on a constant basis, but i won't be giving you no money 🤣🤣🤣

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

Yeah it’s definitely a big boi. 😅

I don’t mind the size of the systems too much myself, after all I’d rather have it run quiet and cool. The thing the kind of annoys me the most about the PS5 is it’s design. I prefer to have a system with a more simple design as opposed to something with a bunch of fancy curves and fins. The Xbox Series X may not have and futuristic architecture about it but I appreciate that more simple approach myself. My favourite design though is something like the Xbox One X|S. Now that’s a nice looking and compact system in my opinion.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 662 Posts

@BassMan your painted version looks very nice!:

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Yeah it's huge. It barley fit in my entertainment center. I think it looks much better when placed vertically.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

They just did it so that they can sell the slim model eventually.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By BassMan

@louixiii said:
@BassMan said:

Damn. You got some pictures on the paint job? The side view doesn't show much. I really liked the look of the PS2 theme and yours looks pretty close to it.

I didn't take any pictures of it outside of the entertainment unit. I just painted it and put it in there.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9814 Posts

@ProtossRushX: That’s why Xbox was so much better....didn’t bother with the weeb trash mostly. Again, not one of those niche titles came anywhere near Halo and as much as you try to deflect, we’re talking about the ps5.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ermacness

@i_p_daily:

You honestly lack reading comprehension skills, don't you?

Well given your history I'm sure not going to attempt to turn water into wine here. Go on with your senseless brigade against Sony, I'll be laughing it up over here.

😆 😆 😆

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

lol :P

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#114 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I agree it's ugly, but the looks or size of a console never mattered to me. I prefer a huge yet silent and well ventilated system, than a compact one that sounds like a jet.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

It definitely is big, but I think it looks great.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1473 Posts

Yeah it's pretty fucking ugly, they haven't had an aesthetically pleasing console since the PS3 slim.

KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 KazHirai
Member since 2019 • 433 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Jesus Christ, that thing is absolutely enormous. I knew it was big, the biggest console ever released, but nothing could have prepared me when I saw it with my own eyes at my buddy's house.

That thing is by far the biggest and ugliest piece of crap I have ever seen. What was Sony thinking creating that monstrosity? I've had PC cases smaller than this (much smaller). As it stands, there is absolutely no way I'm buying the regular model. I'll wait for a slim.

The problem is this console is so damn big it actually IS a problem. It's not just something you can ignore. I can't even fit it in my cabinet and the other small table I got hasn't got enough space to accommodate it.

tl;dr PS5 is the largest and ugliest console I've ever laid my eyes on.

Have you seen a Series X in person? It's shocking how small it is in comparison. The intelligent use of space by Microsoft and splitting the motherboard was such a better idea than trying to have a single PCB. It baffles me that Sony didn't even consider it.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@kazhirai: I'll give it credit, it looks way better in person then it did in the press photos.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16538 Posts

its always the loudest people, the barking dogs that force their opinion on everyone else as fact. I have both xbox and ps5 and think the ps5 looks better. Even if its big, the xbox is also pretty big, and doesn't fit in most spaces.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7130 Posts

I have one yes it's big but easy to clean and it runs quiet. I love the design. Looks like a futuristic PS3.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Gifford38

@Litchie: it's an awesome design for cleaning. Side panels comes off and the vents are there to clean. I clean mine once a week.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#122 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

The title of this thread makes me smile every time I log on to SW 😂

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BassMan

@gifford38 said:

@Litchie: it's an awesome design for cleaning. Side panels comes off and the vents are there to clean. I clean mine once a week.

That is very unnecessary and a waste of time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ermacness: You keep replying to my posts when i make fun of your precious Godny.

Its all shits & giggles, as in you cows get the shits and i get the giggles, like i am now 🤣🤣🤣

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ermacness

@i_p_daily:

Sure buddy 😆.

Keep telling yourself that and possibly that unhealthy obsession of Sony will come to make sense to you ONLY!

😆 😆 😆!!!

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Gifford38

@BassMan: maybe I just like doing it lol. I'm amazed how fast dust collects on those vents. Sony made it easy to do so and it's new to me so I clean it often. I just don't want my fan to get loud like my PS4. My PS4 sounds like a jet engine.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#127 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38705 Posts

@gifford38 said:

I have one yes it's big but easy to clean and it runs quiet. I love the design. Looks like a futuristic PS3.

How can you have one when you're tormy and tormy doesn't have it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ermacness: Yeah im that obsessed with Sony that i make no threads about them, debunked that one pretty quickly huh.

And when i make a post in a thread about your precious godny, you come running in to save them by saying im obsessed, when most know im stirring up you guys, congrats on becoming a victim EVERYTIME 🤣🤣🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 hardwenzen

@i_p_daily said:

@ermacness: Yeah im that obsessed with Sony that i make no threads about them, debunked that one pretty quickly huh.

And when i make a post in a thread about your precious godny, you come running in to save them by saying im obsessed, when most know im stirring up you guys, congrats on becoming a victim EVERYTIME 🤣🤣🤣

You're pretty obsessed with Sony, tho. You're more obsessed with Sony than KBFLoYD was, and he was obsessed as f*ck, even wanted to take a shit in the Tsushima lake. The whole of the Sony corporations live rent free in your head. THE WHOLE CORP, dude. Wow. You have a lot of space down there.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#130 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

I am not sure the PS5 size complaints are all that legitimate. I am certainly no Playstation fan, not since PS2, but I happen to actually have experience with the PS5, as I managed to pre-order one for my brother, and also set it up for him. It's not that much bigger than the fat PS3. Certainly not to the point of even mattering. I think the bigger complaint would be that there really aren't any flat surfaces anywhere to lay it down on. It relies on a goofy little stand which works, but certainly doesn't instill in confidence it won't tip over and slide off.

I would like to see new side plates made for it by the aftermarket in different colors, and perhaps with the side plate that goes underneath also containing a flat surface with some feet to set it on. I do think the curves and lines, trying to be artistic and to hell with function was misplaced. I personally would prefer a solid, stable box myself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen: Man you try way too hard. If i were obsessed with Sony i would make threads about them, you know how you did with Ubisoft LOL.

jeffbuckley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 jeffbuckley1
Member since 2004 • 270 Posts

Microsoft got the jump on sony with announcing their next gen console before them. That why the ps5 is the size it is. They had to rush it out the door. Its also why the xx is more powerful.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Gifford38

@hardwenzen: wow you still think I'm tomatoes? Lol wish I knew how to add pics from my phone in system wars.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 hardwenzen

@i_p_daily said:

@hardwenzen: Man you try way too hard. If i were obsessed with Sony i would make threads about them, you know how you did with Ubisoft LOL.

Your obsession is unrivaled. Wouldn't surprise me if you dream of Sony and as soon as you're up, you come on SW to unleash the kraken on Sony. Pretty low, even for your low standards.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Eoten

I never understood the level of fanboyism that has people resorting to pointing out the smallest, most insignificant things and then blowing them up as if they are serious flaws. A PS5 maybe being slightly larger than a PS3, ooh, the horror. Or the Xbox controller not having a built in battery pack so people can swap and continue playing while not having to wait for a charge? Yeah, I am sure THAT will be the reason people don't buy a next gen Xbox. About as likely as someone not playing a PS5 controller because it includes a built in battery.

What other silly reasons can we point out and pretend they are serious design flaws that are going to bankrupt the companies? Maybe the padded feat on the bottom of the series X or PS5 is slightly smaller than their predecessors. Oh, I know, maybe one or the other included an HDMI cable 6 inches shorter than the last gen. Or maybe what will finally kill Sony or Microsoft is one of them shipped their consoles in a box that took 10 seconds longer to open up?

For all intents and purposes the two are functionally identical.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

The PS5 looks great horizontally in my TV stand. Some of you guys must be living in cardboard boxes if you won't buy one because of the size.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Eoten

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The PS5 looks great horizontally in my TV stand. Some of you guys must be living in cardboard boxes if you won't buy one because of the size.

No, it doesn't. Just like I can admit Xbox fanboys overexaggerate the size of the PS5 so that they can make an issue out of it, I can also be brutally honest in saying the PS5 is one of the ugliest consoles ever made. That instead of trying to make it look like the vision of some concussed abstract artist, they could have focused on functionality, and actually made a console capable of sitting flat without additional hardware. And they could have improved the cooling in the process of making a better shell as well.

It literally looks like someone sat on a stormtrooper helmet.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#139  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

Don't really care about the size, but those wings or panels or whatever you want to call them? Do they serve any sort of function, or are they just there to look cool and help them sell new customizable ones? Cuz they are ugly.

Would rather it just be a boring, matte black box. Then it can just hide.

I want a console*, not a modern art sculpture.

*Actually, I do not want a console.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@mrbojangles25: *'fancy flaps'.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Don't really care about the size, but those wings or panels or whatever you want to call them? Do they serve any sort of function, or are they just there to look cool and help them sell new customizable ones? Cuz they are ugly.

Why do you want your console to look liek a boring trash bin brick like the x-series x or a boring VCR like the original fat xbox one?

Do you not remember when we had cool looking consoles like the PS2? PS2 took up barely any space looked like a more modern DVD player rather than a fat vcr from the 80's like these modern xbox devices.

I actually think the ps2 looks a million times better than the boring square the x-series x went with so i don't get people backing them.

We are regressing in console designs thanks to people like you who want a minimalist trash bin approach. Consoles like the ps2 used to look "cool" now they look like trash bins its going in the opposite direction of traditional consoles. For me I hate it ill take a ps1 or ps2 everytime over these new terrible boring designs.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

Switch and ps5 are art. XBOX is literally just a box.

@ProtossRushX said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Why do you want your console to look liek a boring trash bin brick like the x-series x or a boring VCR like the original fat xbox one?

Do you not remember when we had cool looking consoles like the PS2? PS2 took up barely any space looked like a more modern DVD player rather than a fat vcr from the 80's like these modern xbox devices.

I actually think the ps2 looks a million times better than the boring square the x-series x went with so i don't get people backing them.

We are regressing in console designs thanks to people like you who want a minimalist trash bin approach. Consoles like the ps2 used to look "cool" now they look like trash bins its going in the opposite direction of traditional consoles. For me I hate it ill take a ps1 or ps2 everytime over these new terrible boring designs.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: You're brave. I'd be afraid of mine falling... and that bitch has a long way to fall 😄

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

It really does look like shit. Part of the reason I'm in no rush for even prowling for one whenever restocks are consumed completely. But neither is the Series X, although it is much compact in design than PS5. Last gen, the Pro and XBX were beautiful in my opinion. How on earth these manufacturers screwed these up is beyond me.

I'm hopeful for a redesign of the PS5 (both digital and disc), a more sleek, minimalist and compact version in 2-3 years. Sony has been doing that since PSone.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By mrbojangles25

@ProtossRushX: @sheevpalpamemes: nothing wrong with being pragmatic and minimalist. Form should follow function. I'd rather people comment on the books on my shelves, the furniture in my room, how clean or dirty it is, the art on my wall....anything but "Wow that console sure is interesting looking". I mean, really? You want your electronics to be attention-grabbing? To be art pieces?

My guess is they were designing the PS5 and got word of how the Xbox looked and said "Wait, they're a box too!? Damn ,we can't be a box. Ummmm let's put some wings or something on it. Kids like spoilers n shit on their cars, right?"

It's just....meh.

Also PS2 looks like a VCR had sex with a heatsink. Not really sure why you're citing that as your example of good design. It, too, is a box. With lines.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@mrbojangles25 said:

@ProtossRushX: @sheevpalpamemes: nothing wrong with being pragmatic and minimalist. Form should follow function. I'd rather people comment on the books on my shelves, the furniture in my room, how clean or dirty it is, the art on my wall....anything but "Wow that console sure is interesting looking". I mean, really? You want your electronics to be attention-grabbing? To be art pieces?

My guess is they were designing the PS5 and got word of how the Xbox looked and said "Wait, they're a box too!? Damn ,we can't be a box. Ummmm let's put some wings or something on it. Kids like spoilers n shit on their cars, right?"

It's just....meh.

Also PS2 looks like a VCR had sex with a heatsink. Not really sure why you're citing that as your example of good design. It, too, is a box. With lines.

ill take these over

Heres what you like

think about that for a sec I prefer a console that lays on the floor or is on a table or whatever and is this giant fucking boring rectangle.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 mrbojangles25

@ProtossRushX: you do you, man.

All I'm saying is that it's the equivalent of putting like 5000 dollars of wheels and spoiler on a 2000 dollar 1990's Honda.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@mrbojangles25 said:

All I'm saying is that it's the equivalent of putting like 5000 dollars of wheels and spoiler on a 2000 dollar 1990's Honda.

I hate the ps5 too I said I hate both and I hate the ps5 design even more.

I just don't want a giant power brick as my console either or if i lay it sideways like a normal console it looks like a giant trunk with circular unremovable stand on the side that makes no sense. These designs both suck imo and are big regressions.

I want my console to be a flat beast like the SNES that I barely can see on my table or the floor and that I can put away easily and doesn't weigh anything at all. Who the hell designed both of these aesthetically seriously are they both perma fired or what after this?

Looks fabulous Promote whoever designed this
Looks terrible fire whoever made it
looks horribad fire whoever made it

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 mrbojangles25

@ProtossRushX: SNES was dope. I always loved plunking that cartridge in and turning it on.

I wonder if we will see "cartridges" making a comeback, i.e. games on USB sticks or some sort of small SSD.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I hate the ps5 too I said I hate both and I hate the ps5 design even more.

I just don't want a giant power brick as my console either or if i lay it sideways like a normal console it looks like a giant trunk with circular unremovable stand on the side that makes no sense. These designs both suck imo and are big regressions.

I want my console to be a flat beast like the SNES that I barely can see on my table or the floor and that I can put away easily and doesn't weigh anything at all. Who the hell designed both of these aesthetically seriously are they both perma fired or what after this?

that nintendo switch is ugly as shit