No wonder Destiny 2 players feel like they are gods at gaming, The game is on EASY MODE.

• 109 results
daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I know all the Destiny fanboys are going to get all rabbid when they see this video, but it does speaks the truth.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Cool, another Destiny 2 bashing thread

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

I'm sure all those millions of fans will now stop having fun

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I couldn't care less if it's on "easy mode" or not, I'm having an excellent time playing it and that's all that matters for me.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

No one cares.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Why do you guys look up videos of things you don't care about?

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I couldn't care less if it's on "easy mode" or not, I'm having an excellent time playing it and that's all that matters for me.

After watching that video, I can seee why you're having so much fun. The AI's are as dumb as sh.....

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371

@daredevils2k: Oh well.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Shit game is shit. The first game was a tedious piece of shit and a rip off.

I'm not surprised the sequel is even worse.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

'Why don't you do dildo reviews instead' worth watching the vid for that comment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Cool, another Destiny 2 bashing thread

Well, is the cool thing to do now. Didnt you get the memo?

also, already a thread with that same exact video. Destiny has RPG elements and as all RPGs out there, once you level up enough, you always end up overpowered. If he wants more challenge then he should play the Nightfall or the upcoming Raid and then tell me the game is "easy"

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

YOU SHOULD NOT BE ENJOYING THAT THING YOU ARE ENJOYING RIGHT NOW. ATTENTION! ATTENTION! YOU ARE HAVING FUN THE WRONG WAY! I REPEAT: YOU ARE HAVING FUN THE WRONG WAY!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Archangel3371

Not sure what's going in this guy's game because I died quite a bit in it, early on and later.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I thought it would just be a guy bashing a popular game for easy likes, but his gameplay footage is pretty damming against Destiny 2. There doesn't look like there is any challenge there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I thought it would just be a guy bashing a popular game for easy likes, but his gameplay footage is pretty damming against Destiny 2. There doesn't look like there is any challenge there.

Thats cool and all but you should lock this thread cause there is already one with this exact same video and pretty much the same point

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/destiny-2-is-a-joke-no-difficulty-settings-handhol-33404650/#1

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

The problem here is people are comparing it to a normal shooter campaign... when its an MMO.

When have MMOs ever been hard? during the leveling/story phase?

Borderlands was not hard yet loved (though I gotta be honest borderlands did most things better.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#17 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

K. I'm still having a blast playing it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
@Wasdie said:

Could you not say that about any leveling footage of any MMO?

Don't get me wrong, they could of made it harder no doubt...

Path of Exile is a much loved game, as was the original Diablos, yet where was the "Challenge" until you went deep down the end game?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Oh look everyone it is the cool kids that bash Destiny and CoD. Are they not the coolest kids EVER! They only play cool games and it is not possible that these games are fun for some people.

BTW Destiny 2 has been pretty fun the little bit I have gotten to play.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Ah just got done playing 3 more hours of it. Hard game to put done its so good. Yeah, I don't usually over hype a game but I have to off set the haters on here. The game is about the same difficulty as any CoD game. I'd love for the TC to play any of the raids and tell me they're easy. Or even a Nightfall. The game is loads of fun. Millions are enjoying it. Period.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Winning feels good

Easy = effortless winning

Lazy people = no effort

Fast Food.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wasdie  Moderator

@MBirdy88 said:
@Wasdie said:

Path of Exile is a much loved game, as was the original Diablos, yet where was the "Challenge" until you went deep down the end game?

Yes, and it's also a problem in any MMO. Destiny has it even worse by it also being an FPS and thus catering to a community who expects some challenge. Not a pointless grind for 10 hours before the real content begins.

Let's be real, that's shit design that was never good and it's not an excuse. It's been the bane of a lot of modern MMOs too. Their leveling gameplay is forgettable and easy while serving up no real storytelling and often not even letting you finish the storytelling on your own, rather forcing you into some dungeon thing which nobody is around to play anyways because you didn't play the first two weeks after launch. Bungie doesn't get a pass for shitty gameplay just because it's a staple of a dying genre.

Path of Exile and Diablo 3 don't suffer from this as much as those games are loot-grind games that shower you with loot and progress every time you go out and you're not guaranteed a weapon set for progression. That's not the same in Destiny 2 or other MMOs. Also the isometric action-RPG genre was never built around being a physically demanding game. It was always about grinding out easier stuff so you can build up better loot combinations that compliment your build. There's far more long-term strategy to a game like Path of Exile.

Destiny 2 is an FPS. If the moment-to-moment gameplay is boring, the game is boring. Simple as that.

This was a problem with Destiny 1 as well. It seems it's only gotten worse.

Borderlands 2 didn't have this problem. While Borderlands 1 had gun types which were basically "jack of all trades", Borderlands 2's weapon variety was such a way it made solo play quite difficult. This made it a bit more rewarding, if a bit cumbersome and frustrating. It also better emphasized teamplay better than how Destiny handles it for the leveling gameplay.

So it can be done, Bungie just didn't do it. Odd too since Bungie is such a fantastic FPS developer. I think they are falling for the traditional MMO trap too as they spent 2 years after Destiny's launch trying to give the game more end-game content that they've changed their design in such a way it's hurt the bulk of the early-game gameplay.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wasdie  Moderator

@dxmcat said:

Winning feels good

Lazy people = no effort

Fast Food.

CoD campaigns on Easy and Normal achieve this without being so easy you don't have to even play to progress (a few titles made that mistake and were way worse because of it). They also have difficulty settings so that if you want a challenge you can give yourself one. Destiny 2 doesn't even have that latter option.

This is just an odd design choice that we may be able to associate with Bungie falling for the MMO design trap or simply not having the resources to build out multiple difficulties.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dxmcat

@Wasdie said:
@dxmcat said:

Winning feels good

Lazy people = no effort

Fast Food.

CoD campaigns on Easy and Normal achieve this without being so easy you don't have to even play to progress (a few titles made that mistake and were way worse because of it). They also have difficulty settings so that if you want a challenge you can give yourself one. Destiny 2 doesn't even have that latter option.

This is just an odd design choice that we may be able to associate with Bungie falling for the MMO design trap or simply not having the resources to build out multiple difficulties.

I believe it is a deliberate decision. IF you're more "accessible", you will sell more.

As for Bungie/Activision having "limited resources" thats a little hard to believe.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Soooo, wait for raids, or play more PvP.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@dxmcat: It's not hard to believe at all. Bungie isn't going to be given an unlimited budget and were given probably a pretty strict release date.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

After two Destiny games, Alienation is still the best destiny game.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

I heard the AI can be pretty terrible. Surprising considering how dynamic it was in halo 3/reach. But I guess that bungie is long dead.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I know Halo 1 and 2 were extremely easy too. But this is the kind of game where you don't need a challenge for it to be fun, like Mario 64.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@Xabiss said:

Oh look everyone it is the cool kids that bash Destiny and CoD. Are they not the coolest kids EVER! They only play cool games and it is not possible that these games are fun for some people.

CoD actually used to be good. Destiny has always sucked. Sorry that the truth hurts you. It has nothing to do with bashing it to be "cool". Destiny is the worst game to ever become this mainstream. It is the video game equivalent to Transformers movies.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@MBirdy88: the boss battles in FFXIV can be maddeningly challenging. Bahamut's Coil is the truth!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

I'll still play it when it comes with all DLC and is cheap :D

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@drlostrib said:

The millions of sheep that buying whatever is overhyped and overmarketed like every single game of Acti/blizz is ?

Yeah true story. Keep paying for "fun" i would say to them.

Ill try this game if its no more than 20$ and only if theres something challenging in this. If im about to see everything in 3 days , no thnx. Keep your "fun". Im all right.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Archangel3371

I can see why they would make certain aspects of the solo campaign easy because playing through that opens up the fuller aspects of the game. They probably didn't want it to be a barrier for people to be able to fully play the MMO aspect of the game. Having said that I died a fair number of times during the campaign and I found all the other aspects of the game like Strikes, patrols, various side missions, etc. challenging enough. Then there's the raids which I have yet to try and of course the PvP aspect of the game.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DrLostRib

@AzatiS said:
@drlostrib said:

The millions of sheep that buying whatever is overhyped and overmarketed like every single game of Acti/blizz is ?

Ill try this game if its no more than 20$ and only if theres something challenging in this. If im about to see everything in 3 days , no thnx. Keep your "fun". Im all right.

Cool story bro

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AzatiS
@MBirdy88 said:
@Wasdie said:

Seriously now you talking about POE here when POE is one of the few games out there that casuals dont even want to touch and when they do they drop game way before they play the end game ?

I used to be hardcore POE gamer and i play in every reset ( currently 92 level Frost blade raider ) for years. Dont talk again about games you dont even know just to defend an acti/blizz game. Just accept for once the truth about something and move on.

POE super casually friendly and easy till end game ? Rooofl ! Even after last expansion that they made game considerably easier than ever to level up isnt easy for casuals.

Poe needs extreme knowledge of what you doing at any given time or your character wont be able to do any mid game content around level 50. Also you need deep knowledge of various damage scalings , item synergy , skills synergy , learn what each orb doing , crafting knowledge , how sockets work , affixes and suffixes of rares, unique items that will push your build further , currency , enchanting , masters, trading , geming , which jewels altering skills , tree that is massive and has a difficult learning curve , ascendancy skills , way different builds of same skills !!! and the list goes on and on. What are you comparing here ?!

POE is the ultimate nightmare for casual gamers and has one of the most difficult learning curves out of 99% of games out there for someone to start from 0 to beat end game content.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AzatiS

@drlostrib said:
@AzatiS said:
@drlostrib said:

Cool story bro

I know , its called truth.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@pimphand_gamer said:

I know Halo 1 and 2 were extremely easy too. But this is the kind of game where you don't need a challenge for it to be fun, like Mario 64.

Halo and Halo 2 certainly weren't extremely easy on Heroic or Legendary.

Also Mario 64's challenge lies in its platforming. Not in its enemies who are just there for interactivity and bringing more life into the game.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DrLostRib

@AzatiS said:
@drlostrib said:
@AzatiS said:
@drlostrib said:

Cool story bro

whatever makes you feel better about yourself

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Xabiss said:

CoD actually used to be good. Destiny has always sucked. Sorry that the truth hurts you. It has nothing to do with bashing it to be "cool". Destiny is the worst game to ever become this mainstream. It is the video game equivalent to Transformers movies.

Nice opinion bro.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#41 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@drlostrib said:
@AzatiS said:
@drlostrib said:

Cool story bro

You sound so hardcore

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Same as me man. I don't need to make up for insecurities by playing things that are hard, then bragging about it on the internet to try and boost my self worth.

I'm loving D2, money well spent.

Can't wait to play again tonight.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dxmcat

I get bored in anything without a challenge.

Lazy people dont.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Archangel3371

@hitmanactual: Yeah while I can enjoy a difficult game I don't need a game to be difficult to enjoy it.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

@hitmanactual: Yeah while I can enjoy a difficult game I don't need a game to be difficult to enjoy it.

Yep. After a long day at work sometimes the last thing I need is a hard game.

For me it's sit back, feet up and have a bit of fun and relaxation.

Sometimes the more ridiculously overpowered my character becomes, the more fun I have.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Destiny haters usually end up sounding really stupid, this thread is a perfect example of that. That video was CHERRY PICKED to high heaven and I had to stop watching because of how piss poor and full of BS it actually was.

I own the game, and yes there are times you can run past some enemies but there are also many more times when you have to actually stay and fight. Maybe it's just me, but I kill everything I see unless I'm about to die or being overwhelmed by higher ranking enemies.

I'll never understand the haters of this series, why do you need the world to know you don't like the game? Do you honestly believe that your worthless trolling is going to actually stop fans of the game from enjoying it? But please do that stop doing it, without you toolbag we wouldn't have site filled full of destiny articles which I enjoy, so thank you for that lol.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Not having multiple difficulty modes is just plain lazy in this type of game.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Gamer communities are the most immature sometimes...you can never criticise a game without being called a hater and vice versa.

People don't debate on valid points and don't even have the decency to acknowledge one.

I'm waiting on the PC release quite anxiously, the gameplay looks tight, i'm sure the PVP will be very good and it sounds like it has goodsettings/lore but even I can accept that its a failure on Bungie's part to provide difficulty scaling right off the bat, you don't have to be 40 hours in before you even have a real opportunity to get a real challenge. Its poor design and doesnt benefit us as gamers at all.

See? Its not hard to actually like a game and at the same time realise its also not perfect. you dont have to be so polarised...

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dxmcat

lazy people are the devolution of humanity.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

TFW when Destiny 2 players feel like gods