No WII HD says Reggie

This topic is locked from further discussion.

akira2465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 akira2465
Member since 2004 • 1194 Posts

http://kotaku.com/5398587/nintendo-there-is-no-wii-hd

I think Nintendo might be making a mistake if true

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

akira2465

huh? Im 99.9% sure that a Wii succesor is coming, eventually.

reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts

Basic PR, don't admit to it until it's time.

That's not to say I think a Wii HD is coming.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

e3 2010 Wii HD revealed and Pikmin 3 is a launch title am confirmed (One can only dreamed)

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

Why put out wii hd when wii is still the best selling system? so many great new wii games coming to . haters are missing out .

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

akira2465
Yes, the Wii is their last console before Microsoft buys them out of pitty. Iwata was drunk when he said its successor will be in HD
Luigi_The_Pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Luigi_The_Pimp
Member since 2009 • 310 Posts
Nintendo is always a gen behind , expect the next system to not be not have a multicore processor
Luigi_The_Pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Luigi_The_Pimp
Nintendo is always a gen behind , expect the next system to not be not have a multicore processor
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts

Nintendo is always a gen behind , expect the next system to not be not have a multicore processorLuigi_The_Pimp

Always a gen behind???

Do i need to mention that the N64 had better looking graphics than the PS1, or that the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2, or thata they introduced a standard for wireless controllers before anyone else?

The wii is the only exception in terms of graphics power/HD. Otherwise, they are up on every standard, (Wifi, wireless, SD memory)

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts

[QUOTE="akira2465"]

loco145

huh? Im 99.9% sure that a Wii succesor is coming, eventually.

this is referring to the wii hd, which was just a wii that was capable of hd. i didn't think it would ever come, but yes a successor as in a new Nintendo console will eventually come.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

Wii HD would be a bad move for Nintendo since the Wii is still selling very well.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#13 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I am not surprised by that statement. I don't think Nintendo will release a HD Wii. If people want HD on a Nintendo system they will have to wait until the next generation.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Why put out wii hd when wii is still the best selling system? so many great new wii games coming to . haters are missing out .

dontshackzmii

I think of it a little like the DSi-strategy.

I could see Nintendo rolling out a subtle update to the Wii that adds 720p support + hard drive + more RAM + higher clock speed (heh, and maybe they'll cut Gamecube compatiblity)... launching at $249 in 2011. Developers' choice whether they want to take advantage of the improved hardware.

I disagree that it would negatively affect Wii sales; if anything, most people interested in the Wii would be inclined to pay the extra money for the increased capabilities. Quite a few current Wii owners would probably pony up the cash to upgrade. Ultimately, the standard Wii would still be on the market for people to buy if they don't want HD.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

dontshackzmii

Hush hush! This is system wars where the best selling console is PS3 and Nintendo is quickly going out of buisness!

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I want to see Zero Suit Samus and Zelda(babe, not just game) in HD, oh well, there's always the next Nintendo console.

jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 jdmpastor
Member since 2003 • 664 Posts

A Wii HD will be a major mistake by Nintendo. Glad to hear him categorically deny this rumor. Just hope he is not pulling some PR mess. I'm happy with the Wii until the next gen somewhere in 2012 or 2013.

Luigi_The_Pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Luigi_The_Pimp

[QUOTE="Luigi_The_Pimp"]Nintendo is always a gen behind , expect the next system to not be not have a multicore processorGoten_king

Always a gen behind???

Do i need to mention that the N64 had better looking graphics than the PS1, or that the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2, or thata they introduced a standard for wireless controllers before anyone else?

The wii is the only exception in terms of graphics power/HD. Otherwise, they are up on every standard, (Wifi, wireless, SD memory)

the N64 also had cartridges , and the Gamecube had no online system . check and mate

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
just like no price cuts for ps3 right? ;) if he says yes then it will halt sales as some ppl will just wait.
SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

[QUOTE="Goten_king"]

[QUOTE="Luigi_The_Pimp"]Nintendo is always a gen behind , expect the next system to not be not have a multicore processorLuigi_The_Pimp

Always a gen behind???

the N64 also had cartridges , and the Gamecube had no online system . check and mate

The Gamecube also used small, proprietary media discs that could hold less than 1/5th the amount of data as dual-layer PS2/Xbox DVDs, ultimately causing it to lose many multiplats. To this day Nintendo hasn't released a console that can play DVDs.

It's not just the Wii; it also extends to handhelds. The DS and PSP were released within a month of each other, but graphically look like they're in different generations. The DS also lacked any meaningful storage capability. The Game Boy did not have color until 1998, but the Game Gear had it since 1990!

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

He has to say that. Even if it is saying oh yeah its coming next year so no one buy a wii until then because its a waste is sales suicide. I think its going to be 2011 tbh I think Natal and sonys wands are going to be a bigger threat than anyone thought

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

akira2465

Oh I don't think so. What that tells me is that they are going to commit themselves to a brand new console that will have HD rather than release an HD version. I'd rather not see version after version like the DS

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

A Wii HD would be awesome. Simple as that.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Lol, its not like he's gonna say "Yep, you caught us, Wii HD is indeed coming."

Its still possible.

Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

[QUOTE="Goten_king"]

[QUOTE="Luigi_The_Pimp"]Nintendo is always a gen behind , expect the next system to not be not have a multicore processorLuigi_The_Pimp

Always a gen behind???

Gamecube did have an online system.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Didn't Sony deny rumours about the PS3 slim and price cut?
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

[QUOTE="Luigi_The_Pimp"]

[QUOTE="Goten_king"]

Always a gen behind???

randomwiiplayer

LMAO! only 4 games...XD! I bet it was seriously was hard to find a match :lol: Also, PS1 HAD better graphics than N64...just look at spyro 3,crash 3,medievil 2/1,etc.

Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

[QUOTE="randomwiiplayer"]

[QUOTE="Luigi_The_Pimp"]

Ratchet_Fan8

LMAO! only 4 games...XD! I bet it was seriously was hard to find a match :lol: Also, PS1 HAD better graphics than N64...just look at spyro 3,crash 3,medievil 2/1,etc.

I never said it was a good online system.