daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

After Gears of War developer The Coalition confirmed that it was working on 'multiple new projects', rumors sprung up saying the team was working on a Star Wars game. Sadly, that's not the case.In a Reddit post by senior community manager Shaun Akerman (TC_Kilo on Reddit), he confirmed that the team at The Coalition are not working a Star Wars game, stating: "Just to clarify regarding the Star Wars thing. We are not working on any such title. We have nothing else to announce at this time."

The original rumour popped up earlier this month, with GamesBeat's Jeff Grubb summarising, “Now, I've heard rumours that [there] could be a Star Wars thing from out of the Coalition. But I haven't been able to confirm that, and these are rumors are kicked around in a few different places [...] Basically I'm not putting any money on that”.

Yesterday, The Coalition confirmed it will now make the leap to developing future projects on Unreal Engine 5, and that it did indeed have multiple projects planned. That led to fan speculation that the Star Wars project was among them – but the studio stepped in to deny that early on. The Coalition has not denied the idea that the Gears-focused studio will work on an original game.

Open World Star Wars Game in the Works at Ubisoft - IGN News1:00Autoplay setting: On

The Star Wars games license had previously been held exclusively by EA until earlier this year, when it was announced that Ubisoft Massive is working on its own open world Star Wars game. The new Lucasfilm Games brand is now looking to partner with multiple developers for Star Wars games – but it seems The Coalition isn't yet one of them.

Lucasfilm Games isn't just Star Wars, however, with Bethesda's MachineGames working on an Indiana Jones project.

Sorry Coalition fans, looks like your stuck with more Gears :(

https://www.ign.com/articles/no-the-gears-of-war-devs-arent-working-on-a-star-wars-game

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

After Gears of War developer The Coalition confirmed that it was working on 'multiple new projects', rumors sprung up saying the team was working on a Star Wars game. Sadly, that's not the case.In a Reddit post by senior community manager Shaun Akerman (TC_Kilo on Reddit), he confirmed that the team at The Coalition are not working a Star Wars game, stating: "Just to clarify regarding the Star Wars thing. We are not working on any such title. We have nothing else to announce at this time."

The original rumour popped up earlier this month, with GamesBeat's Jeff Grubb summarising, “Now, I've heard rumours that [there] could be a Star Wars thing from out of the Coalition. But I haven't been able to confirm that, and these are rumors are kicked around in a few different places [...] Basically I'm not putting any money on that”.

Yesterday, The Coalition confirmed it will now make the leap to developing future projects on Unreal Engine 5, and that it did indeed have multiple projects planned. That led to fan speculation that the Star Wars project was among them – but the studio stepped in to deny that early on. The Coalition has not denied the idea that the Gears-focused studio will work on an original game.

Open World Star Wars Game in the Works at Ubisoft - IGN News1:00Autoplay setting: On

The Star Wars games license had previously been held exclusively by EA until earlier this year, when it was announced that Ubisoft Massive is working on its own open world Star Wars game. The new Lucasfilm Games brand is now looking to partner with multiple developers for Star Wars games – but it seems The Coalition isn't yet one of them.

Lucasfilm Games isn't just Star Wars, however, with Bethesda's MachineGames working on an Indiana Jones project.

https://www.ign.com/articles/no-the-gears-of-war-devs-arent-working-on-a-star-wars-game

Your own article suggests that they are working on an original game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

I don’t think that I’ve actually heard that rumour myself. Certainly could have been very interesting in seeing what kind of Star Wars game they might have made though. I want Gears 6 myself anyway so bring that on I say.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

Your own article suggests that they are working on an original game.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

When was this a thing? I've never heard of this rumor until now.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

I'm in a Star Wars community and I think it has something to do with Jeff Grubb Venturebeat talking about Coalition making a Star Wars game from what I heard. Jeff Grubb seems to be considered an insider and like other insiders, he may have some info, but he may also be wrong about other stuff too. That said, I'm skeptical the Coalition is working on a Star Wars games, especially since he stated it's a rumour that he can't even confirm anyways.

Jeff Grubb quote: "The Coalition is also working on a 3rd thing and it's likely a new IP. Now I've heard rumors that it could be a Star Wars thing but I haven't been able to conform that.. but basically I wouldn't put any money on that."

And "if" it happens, then I can't imagine that game would come out anytime soon. I'm assuming Gears 6 will be next year, and if a Star Wars game is in pre-production, then I'd guess 2024 at the earliest.

Edit: UE5 is why this rumor is spreading from the looks of it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38705 Posts

Of course not. They're permanent Gears of War slaves like 343i is a permanent Halo slave.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Super boring developer.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

That's the first I've heard of it, guess I should be on 4chan more often and then coming here like "guy says blah blah blah".

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

They're making another copy/paste Gears except without the charm of the first 3. How exciting.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

Second story I heard today about Reddit lies making it in mainstream gaming news. One was of a Chinese 343 dev that made a video and someone made a inaccurate and intentionally anti-MS translation out of it and gaming outlets ran with the bad translation without any kind of editorial integrity, and he has had to release an English video to address the deceptive interpretation.

What's the world coming too. The worst part of 8th gen were like more than half new topics were threads based on NeoGAF threads. And I thought those horrible days were behind us. Nope. They one upped it, now it's turning into "today on Reddit threads"

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I really like Gears (at least the first 3) but I couldn't see them making a Star Wars game. But then again I couldn't imagine Respawn making a good star Wars game and yet Fallen Order was fantastic.

Ottyandthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ottyandthedj
Member since 2020 • 113 Posts

Open world Star Wars would be greatness.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8848 Posts

@daredevils2k: They said they were working on multiple projects, not just a new Gears. So, your comment makes no sense.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-dev-confirms-its-not-making-a-star-wars-game/1100-6491295/

"On Monday, The Coalition announced it had two new projects in the works, both of which would run on Unreal Engine 5. This prompted discussion about what the games might be, and one enduring rumor was that The Coalition was working on a Star Wars game. The studio was also said to be working on a new IP and co-developing Halo Infinite with 343 Industries. Whether or not those aspects of the rumor are true or not remains to be seen.

The Coalition is shifting to Unreal Engine 5 for its next projects. Due to the technical complexity of this, you shouldn't expect the studio to announce the new games soon. "Shifting to a new engine is a big undertaking, so we want to be clear that we will not be announcing any new projects or titles for some time," the studio said.

In the meantime, The Coalition will continue to support Gears 5 with more operations through Operations 7 and 8. Each one will include new characters and maps. The Coalition said it will support Gears 5 with new store content through the end of the year."

---

Put that in your pipe a smoke it!! :P

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

A capable studio weighed down by corporate demands for more Gears.

Black Tusk Studios is still a better name and I am remiss that we’ll never see the spy-like game they teased before MS acquired GOW.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12900 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

You say that like it's a bad thing lol.

"Sorry Naughty Dog fans, you are stuck with more TLOU"

"Sorry Turn 10 fans, you are stuck with more Forza"

You are a pretty bad troll.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@x_hedon: Stop denying it, lem. Being stuck with Gears, one of the more tired ass franchises for the third generation is a row is not a positive. Its a massive negative.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

@x_hedon: Stop denying it, lem. Being stuck with Gears, one of the more tired ass franchises for the third generation is a row is not a positive. Its a massive negative.

Damn dude, you get triggered easily. Your Sony overlords tickling your taint?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hardwenzen

@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

What kind of a question is that?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

So, Yes!😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

So, Yes!😂

What the hell kind of a question is that, dude?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KvallyX

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

So, Yes!😂

Exactly! LOL!!

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

Gears 5 makes the cows very Salty! 😂