no online = no buy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tidus222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tidus222
Member since 2004 • 1452 Posts

let that be a lesson for releasing VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 without online in 2007 where almost every multiplayer game is online.

what garbage everyone should not buy it and show sega we are not falling for their lazy antics of not implementing an online mode

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
...im gonna rent it
MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts
The game CANT work online because of all the lag. Its too frame specific.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I dont care about online, I pay for XBL but rarely use it. I prefer having someone over and playing then random A-holes online that quit and other garbage it ruins the fun for me.
EvanSkanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EvanSkanes
Member since 2004 • 10942 Posts
I heard something on the Hot Spot about how it would be impossible to do it lag free.
DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts
I'm buying it, without online; there I just killed your thread.  :P
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
The game CANT work online because of all the lag. Its too frame specific.MGS9150
That's a lame excuse.
AdolescentDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 AdolescentDon
Member since 2005 • 9081 Posts

The game CANT work online because of all the lag. Its too frame specific.MGS9150

Thats a very good point that people can't seem to take in, VF5 would never work online.

Just look back at all the other online fighting games, they have all had lag.

tidus222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tidus222
Member since 2004 • 1452 Posts

thats just a lame excuse

besides a little lag is to be expected

id rather have VF5 with online and slight lag than VF5 with no online at all

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
Wow...i must have wondered how you console gamers got by when almsot every PC game of the alst 10 years had online. Now you cant live with it? lol...
krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

[QUOTE="MGS9150"]The game CANT work online because of all the lag. Its too frame specific.AdolescentDon

Thats a very good point that people can't seem to take in, VF5 would never work online.

but at least they HAVE this feature. WHO CARES ABOUT A LITTLE LAG! As long as the game has an online feature thats PLAYABLE, everyone is happy. The devs are lazy and cheap, nuff said
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
[QUOTE="MGS9150"]The game CANT work online because of all the lag. Its too frame specific.MTBare
That's a lame excuse.

its ture
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
[QUOTE="AdolescentDon"]

[QUOTE="MGS9150"]The game CANT work online because of all the lag. Its too frame specific.krp008

but at least they HAVE this feature. WHO CARES ABOUT A LITTLE LAG! As long as the game has an online feature thats PLAYABLE, everyone is happy. The devs are lazy and cheap, nuff said

Have you EVER played a VF game? One second of lag can ruin the entire match. Its just that much frame specific. I'm happy that it doesnt have online on EITHER console. It would suck so badly online.
A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 A2D
Member since 2005 • 4658 Posts
From what I've read, the mechanics of the game would be completely different if they had to use prediction algorithms online to minimise lag, otherwise the amount of bandwidth required for what they deem acceptable would be far too great.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MTBare
Tons of laggy online > no online
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

Tons of laggy online > no onlineMTBare

No, tons of Lag= NO FUN

mpalacio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mpalacio
Member since 2005 • 468 Posts
I'm not buying it for the same reason.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MTBare

[QUOTE="MTBare"]Tons of laggy online > no online-Sora

No, tons of Lag= NO FUN

It's a lot better than not even having the option to play in the first place. You can still do everything else, it's just an added feature.. But it doesn't matter I don't like fighting games, and if I was going to get one I'd probably want it to have online
fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts
I'm buying it. The AI in VF4 Evo was very good and the game have a lot of replay value.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
Not many fighting games have online, so they can manage.
3rd_child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 3rd_child
Member since 2006 • 467 Posts
Fans of the series will buy it regardless of whether or not it is online. I'm sure that the developers will not care if one person will boycott their product because of lack of online support. Even Street Fighter 2 for Xbox 360 lags and we know how simple those graphics are.
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Sora
[QUOTE="-Sora"]

[QUOTE="MTBare"]Tons of laggy online > no onlineMTBare

No, tons of Lag= NO FUN

It's a lot better than not even having the option to play in the first place. You can still do everything else, it's just an added feature.. But it doesn't matter I don't like fighting games, and if I was going to get one I'd probably want it to have online

i doubt you would want to have online if there was lag.  Look at how many people complain about host Shotgun in GeoW, 90% of the time the host will win.

MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MTBare
[QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="-Sora"]

No, tons of Lag= NO FUN

i doubt you would want to have online if there was lag. Look at how many people complain about host Shotgun in GeoW, 90% of the time the host will win.

And look how many people still play it.
dawso0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dawso0n
Member since 2005 • 1767 Posts

let that be a lesson for releasing VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 without online in 2007 where almost every multiplayer game is online.

what garbage everyone should not buy it and show sega we are not falling for their lazy antics of not implementing an online mode

tidus222

you have a good point, DOA4's best feature was live.

prophet-0-doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 prophet-0-doom
Member since 2004 • 500 Posts
umm i think the games that are the most fun are the ones u play with ur friends sitting right next to u. i've never yelled in online games like i have when playing against friends. when ur opponent is right beside u, u can see his face when u own him at whatever game ur playing lol.
klabut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 klabut
Member since 2006 • 3264 Posts
No people will still buy it it's just that having no online kinda ruins the value.
Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Kayrod29
Member since 2005 • 5301 Posts
Yeah, people eat Sega's word about lag. It's like impossible to find a perfect match.:roll:
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Sora
[QUOTE="-Sora"][QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="-Sora"]

[QUOTE="MTBare"]Tons of laggy online > no onlineMTBare

No, tons of Lag= NO FUN

i doubt you would want to have online if there was lag. Look at how many people complain about host Shotgun in GeoW, 90% of the time the host will win.

But the fact is a fighting game is one vs one, the host will probably win everytime in a fighting game, just like 1 vs 1 in GeoW the host will win with the shotgun winning them the match.

ChimTheGrim21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ChimTheGrim21
Member since 2004 • 3572 Posts
...im gonna rent itKahuna_1
Yea.. if I had a PS3, I would rent it for sure.
Haseokicksass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 Haseokicksass
Member since 2006 • 4604 Posts

tidus222

No online= no buy? SO THATS WHY OBLIVION WASENT ONE OF THE EBST GAMES OF 2006!!

MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MTBare
[QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="-Sora"][QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="-Sora"]

No, tons of Lag= NO FUN

But the fact is a fighting game is one vs one, the host will probably win everytime in a fighting game, just like 1 vs 1 in GeoW the host will win with the shotgun winning them the match.

Not every game has gears' problem. Gears USED to not have the lag problem and I'm guessing their next big update will fix it.
Dracil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dracil
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="krp008"][QUOTE="AdolescentDon"]

[QUOTE="MGS9150"]The game CANT work online because of all the lag. Its too frame specific.asdasd

Have you EVER played a VF game? One second of lag can ruin the entire match. Its just that much frame specific. I'm happy that it doesnt have online on EITHER console. It would suck so badly online.

Um, one SECOND of lag would ruin ANY online game. Generally when we're talking about online games, we're talking about milliseconds. So something like 0.05 seconds of lag to a max of 0.1 seconds of lag for a good connection.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts
[QUOTE="tidus222"]

Haseokicksass

Apples and Oranges. Oblivion wasn't built as a multiplayer game. Virtua Fighter 5, however, is a multiplayer game.
Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kayrod29
[QUOTE="tidus222"]

Haseokicksass

Is VF5 a 200 hour long game?
MOdem_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MOdem_basic
Member since 2003 • 463 Posts

tidus222
Please, online playability on a fighting game is an option, not a must.  This is not an mmorpg or a first person shooter.  I'm going to buy the game and enjoy it like I've enjoyed every other fighter that's ever come before VF5. 

Why not just stop trying to pose as someone who actually has a PS3? You must be some fanboy lemming who is trying to try to make the best fighting game out there look bad just because its not on your system.
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
Sadly Bio-shock wont have onlive either (sniffles)
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MTBare
[QUOTE="tidus222"]

MOdem_basic
Please, online playability on a fighting game is an option, not a must. This is not an mmorpg or a first person shooter. I'm going to buy the game and enjoy it like I've enjoyed every other fighter that's ever come before VF5.

Why not just stop trying to pose as someone who actually has a PS3? You must be some fanboy lemming who is trying to try to make the best fighting game out there look bad just because its not on your system.

Actually this game IS on "his" (if he indeed is a lemming) system.
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
[QUOTE="Haseokicksass"][QUOTE="tidus222"]

Kayrod29

Is VF5 a 200 hour long game?

Owange Apporved
Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kayrod29
Um, one SECOND of lag would ruin ANY online game. Generally when we're talking about online games, we're talking about milliseconds. So something like 0.05 seconds of lag to a max of 0.1 seconds of lag for a good connection.Dracil
Exactly, lag ruins any game, but look at how many games are being played online.
Bladecutter56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 Bladecutter56
Member since 2006 • 2081 Posts

tidus222

A Multiplayer game thats not online?

How does that work, exactly?
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
I'm gonna rent it. I can't see my friends playing it. So there really is no point in keeping it.
Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kayrod29
[QUOTE="tidus222"]

MOdem_basic
Please, online playability on a fighting game is an option, not a must. This is not an mmorpg or a first person shooter. I'm going to buy the game and enjoy it like I've enjoyed every other fighter that's ever come before VF5.

Hey buddy, we're in the year 2007, arcades are empty, you need all the opponents you can get these days, only possible way is online play.
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts
Online gaming mostly geared for hardcores gamers. For casuals, they prefer to play with someone who is at their side.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts
Please, online playability on a fighting game is an option, not a must. This is not an mmorpg or a first person shooter. I'm going to buy the game and enjoy it like I've enjoyed every other fighter that's ever come before VF5. MOdem_basic

MMORPGs are multiplayer games. FPS tend to be multiplayer games. Fighting games are multiplayer games. Notice what they share? They are games meant to be played with multiple people. Can you explain to me why games meant to be played with multiple people should not have online in this day and age?
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MTBare
[QUOTE="tidus222"]

Bladecutter56

A Multiplayer game thats not online?

How does that work, exactly?

offline..