No matter what, SSD is just about the load times (in case you did not know)

• 92 results
Avatar image for deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
Member since 2013 • 421 Posts

Here's a quick explanation even a pleb should understand:

In case the timestamp doesn't work, it's ~7:15 mark.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46199 Posts

Olden games used to load in entire textures at a time.

Games and visuals have gotten so complex that games now break down textures and load them in with far smaller pieces. Only using those pieces that are required in the moment. This require an advanced IO as more calls are being made to the SSD to load in pieces of textures.

This is evidenced by the simple fact that both Playstation as well as Microsoft (Xbox/PC - directstorage) are looking into ways of improving IO.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts
  • But high detail assets are only possible with SSDs
  • But SSDs allow for data to be process directly from SSDs to GPU
  • But SSDs would make larger worlds possible
  • But SSDs renders triangles
  • But SSDs are a gamechanger and does so much more than just load data
  • But developer A, B, C said SSDs can do more than just load data

Am I missing any. 😐

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pedro

@R4gn4r0k: Improving loading of data. Nothing more and absolutely nothing less.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46199 Posts

@Pedro said:

What I said has nothing to do with loading times, and everything to do with how data is being streamed.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

But the basement dwellers think that by magic the SSD will give them better graphics , higher framerates, higher resolutions, better physics,effects etc 🤣

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Lol the x-series x is in the garbage can in that Linus video

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

@R4gn4r0k: And how is that supposed to help your performance when you are GPU bound and not CPU bound, in other words, when the GPU is the actual bottleneck?
How is offloading the workload of CPU supposed to help the GPU, when the CPU is just at ~ 60% usage?

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@ProtossRushX: The PS5 is already in the bottom of the garbage can.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

@ProtossRushX said:

Lol the x-series x is in the garbage can in that Linus video

All the consoles are trashed in that vid, you just try way too hard.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Did you miss the part where he said "The CPU does not need to get bogged down decompressing the gigantic assets that make up today's game worlds"

In other words it will also reduce CPU overhead freeing up clock cycles for other uses

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 regnaston

The good news for XBOX series X potential buyers is that NVIDIA and MS used components from the XSX API in DX12 to help get these features implemented on their new CPUs so that should make developers more familiar with the API that MS uses and it theoretically make it easier to program for the XSX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

@regnaston said:

Did you miss the part where he said "The CPU does not need to get bogged down decompressing the gigantic assets that make up today's game worlds"

In other words it will also reduce CPU overhead freeing up clock cycles for other uses

Read my reply to @R4gn4r0k just above yours. Not gonna copy/paste.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Aww let the cows have their SSD dream till the DF comparison videos

HaH

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pedro

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Pedro said:

What I said has nothing to do with loading times, and everything to do with how data is being streamed.

The comment you are responding to never mentions anything about loading times. So, what are you talking about?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7132 Posts

@Pedro said:
  • But high detail assets are only possible with SSDs
  • But SSDs allow for data to be process directly from SSDs to GPU
  • But SSDs would make larger worlds possible
  • But SSDs renders triangles
  • But SSDs are a gamechanger and does so much more than just load data
  • But developer A, B, C said SSDs can do more than just load data

Am I missing any. 😐

lol the new gpu from nvidia goes from the ssd right to the gpu and they say in the video so does the series x and the ps5.

so again it can bring in triangles to the gpu.

it does just load data but what data does the game need at that moment. thats the game changer.

i suggest to do more research on were the pc and console market is headed to that makes the ssd more useful.

funny no one ever would think console gaming is the new way pc are headed with i/o puts that takes compression away from the cpu.

so if the game needs a high res assets that contain millions of triangles lke we seen in the unreal 5.

epic told us this i can find the site if you like that said the ps5 i/o put is ahead of pc and then said intel will heading in the same direction and he was right.

the 3000 series data goes right to the gpu.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gifford38
@WESTBLADE85 said:

@R4gn4r0k: And how is that supposed to help your performance when you are GPU bound and not CPU bound, in other words, when the GPU is the actual bottleneck?

How is offloading the workload of CPU supposed to help the GPU, when the CPU is just at ~ 60% usage?

funny how pc is headed in the direction of the consoles with i/o decompression blocks.

the ssd yes is just data but now that data can go straight to the gpu memory.

does not have to take up ram or cpu when decompressed.

ps5 does the same thing and so does the series x its just the ps5 does it better.

this is why teraflops are not the whole picture.

funny how epic was called a lies when he said the ps5 ssd/i/o is tops pc as of now then said intel is headed in the same direction.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 regnaston

@WESTBLADE85 said:
@regnaston said:

Read my reply to @R4gn4r0k just above yours. Not gonna copy/paste.

and that reply is nonsensical because there are plenty of games that are CPU intensive and reducing the clock cycles of the CPU that it normally would use for decompression of assets allows for the CPU to do other needed tasks that have been given less priority

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Introducing NVIDIA RTX IO

Leveraging the advanced architecture of our new GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards, we’ve created NVIDIA RTX IO, a suite of technologies that enable rapid GPU-based loading and game asset decompression, accelerating I/O performance by up to 100x compared to hard drives and traditional storage APIs. When used with Microsoft’s new DirectStorage for Windows API, RTX IO offloads dozens of CPU cores’ worth of work to your GeForce RTX GPU, improving frame rates, enabling near-instantaneous game loading, and opening the door to a new era of large, incredibly detailed open world games.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Those lying Nvidia bastards.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tormentos

@rrjim1 said:

No factually the Xbox Series S is,and it will probably be the most widely adopted system because of its cheaper price.🤣

If 2TF is big gap,imagine 6TF behind the PS4 like the series S is.

Just like now the bast majority by a land slide play on xbox one S and get the very worse experience while some few of you claim superiority.🤣

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

@Pedro: Man, being educated by delusional plebs in full damage control is like indirectly asking for a bad headache, right? 🙄

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

@tormentos said:
@rrjim1 said:

No factually the Xbox Series S is,and it will probably be the most widely adopted system because of its cheaper price.🤣

If 2TF is big gap,imagine 6TF behind the PS4 like the series S is.

Just like now the bast majority by a land slide play on xbox one S and get the very worse experience what some few of you claim superiority.🤣

Lets move the goal posts why dont you.

Doesn't change the fact Microsoft have the most powerful console.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3
deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3
Member since 2020 • 293 Posts

We should just call this place SSD Wars. Y'all are obsessed, lol.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

And the weakest which is the cheapest and what will probably be mass adopted.

You will soon see how the series S eat up the series X sales,why do you think they are making not much noise about it?

Its hard to attack your competition that is 2TF behind,when you have another platform that is 6TF behind from your competition and 8TF behind your shinny new machine.

There is no goal post moving he make a false statement and i correct him,so yeah the series S is at the bottom of the garbage can and will be what most lemmings play on.🤣

@WESTBLADE85 said:

@Pedro: Man, being educated by delusional plebs in full damage control is like indirectly asking for a bad headache, right? 🙄

Tell that to Nvidia not to us,i just quote them stating faster frames from their I/O new tech,the PS5 has a modification just like that,but doesn't eat GPU resources,and is as fast as Nvidias one at least on specs.

Now that should lead to much faster loading and probably better LOD,now the part about the frames yeah take it up with Nvidia not with people here.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gifford38

@Tessellation said:

But the basement dwellers think that by magic the SSD will give them better graphics , higher framerates, higher resolutions, better physics,effects etc 🤣

fact is a ssd is just data. but if you add ssd with the new speeds of 9 gig per second that 9 gig by adding a decompression block.

so add a ssd to a i/o decompression of the next gen consoles and the new nvidia gpu that now going to have a decompression block now.

ssd can make it have better frame rates, high res etc. because at those speeds with a decompression block takes less cpu now which will help with the things i listed above.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tdkmillsy

@tormentos said:
@tdkmillsy said:

And the weakest which is the cheapest and what will probably be mass adopted.

You will soon see how the series S eat up the series X sales,why do you think they are making not much noise about it?

Its hard to attack your competition that is 2TF behind,when you have another platform that is 6TF behind from your competition and 8TF behind your shinny new machine.

There is no goal post moving he make a false statement and i correct him,so yeah the series S is at the bottom of the garbage can and will be what most lemmings play on.🤣

@WESTBLADE85 said:

Tell that to Nvidia not to us,i just quote them stating faster frames from their I/O new tech,the PS5 has a modification just like that,but doesn't eat GPU resources,and is as fast as Nvidias one at least on specs.

Now that should lead to much faster loading and probably better LOD,now the part about the frames yeah take it up with Nvidia not with people here.

Who made the rule its the most sold that counts as the one you compare?

Nobody told that to PC owners

Next Gen Microsoft and Sony have 2 consoles out in the same Gen. The total sold will be them both combined, thats always been the measurement. Just like the Switch total sales is both versions (hand held and one that plugs into TV) together.

You change in goal posts is stupid.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

@gifford38: WTF are you talking about ? framerates and resolutions are GPU bounds, if your GPU is crippled no magic SDD will save it 🤣😂

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gifford38

@Tessellation said:

@gifford38: WTF are you talking about ? framerates and resolutions are GPU bounds, if your GPU is crippled no magic SDD will save it 🤣😂

A slow CPU can “bottleneck” your graphics performance, preventing the GPU from performing to its full potential. so if the cpu is sitting there decompressing the data and the cpu gets overly used which will bottleneck you gpu affecting frame rates.

sorry about the resolution. thats gpu.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts
Cerny is right all along
Cerny is right all along

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

@tormentos said:
@WESTBLADE85 said:

Okay, for the last time. Let's take the occasional stutter/frame dip when a new area is being loaded in God of War. Now if you did just a 3 second benchmark in that said place, your average framerate would be affected by that dip to 20 fps and couldn't claim locked 30 fps during 3 seconds.
If use the exact same hardware, but you invalidate the load time, you will get locked 30fps, but the game will still look exactly the same.

Let's say you load a single graphics-heavy scene. The scene doesn't take up your whole RAM. Now your GPU is struggling to hit 10 fps. How in this case is the SSD supposed to improve my performance/framerate?

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

A lot of armchair tech experts / engineers around in SW lel.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

Next Gen Microsoft and Sony have 2 consoles out in the same Gen. The total sold will be them both combined, thats always been the measurement. Just like the Switch total sales is both versions (hand held and one that plugs into TV) together.

So by your arguments every one is a millionaire because well many people have millions of dollars some many billions of dollars,how does that change the fact that the GREAT majority of the world isn't?

Yes we have lemmings and cows both have tell hermits hundreds of times on this place that most PC gamers don't have the best hardware out there period not even close,the 2060 out sold the 2080 and TI models to the moon and back,hell the 2060 alone beat the 2070,2080 and TI combined.

If most people get a shitty experience yeah man that is consider the average experience,in fact the bast majority of xbox one owners are xbox one S by a wide wide margin,that doesn't stop you lemmings from acting like every single xbox owners play the xbox one X version,when they don't most have the very worse version.

So like PC gamers you will brag about an experience most people will not have period.

No that bullshit you just coined there in bold is one of the most pathetic and lol worthy arguments to damage control the fact that MS has the weakest console,just because some on has a Ferrari doesn't mean my car is one,you can't group all cars together and claim you drive a Rolls Roy just because some one own one.

All switch have the same hardware buffoon,the only difference is the switch light is smaller and dropped docking in favor of been completely portable,the switch regular is also a portable with a ducking station.

The argument here is not how both machines will be accounted,i am not saying they will be accounted differently,if they sell 30 million xbox combined that is what it will be,regardless of been 29 million series S and 1 million Series X 30 is the number of consoles sold.

My argument is that those from those 30 millions the vast majority will not have an X series,will have an S series which completely destroy the argument in question.

Not that the single fact that the Series S exist didn't kill his argument to begin with.

@rrjim1 said:

This is what your lemming friend claimed,and yeah it is wrong.

The xbox series S is at the bottom of the garbage can.😎

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Saying it's just about load times is selling it incredible short.

It fundamentally changes how things can function along the I/O.

---

I think people just get hung up on it simply because it's been seen as some magically PS5 secret sauce.

This tech (SSD + better I/O) is something folks have wanted to do for a while and, everyone is adopting it for a reason.

It makes perfect sense for gaming.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Oh no, no, no, you just wait...

lol :P

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gifford38

@Tessellation said:

and stop with the ssd comment. its the ssd + i/o put of these next gen systems and now gpu's for pc.

its not the ssd alone. its the fact at these ssd speeds and a decompression block will make less of it going back and forth from the gpu and cpu. creating less bottlenecks that mark was talking about.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gifford38
@WESTBLADE85 said:
@tormentos said:
@WESTBLADE85 said:

Okay, for the last time. Let's take the occasional stutter/frame dip when a new area is being loaded in God of War. Now if you did just a 3 second benchmark in that said place, your average framerate would be affected by that dip to 20 fps and couldn't claim locked 30 fps during 3 seconds.

If use the exact same hardware, but you invalidate the load time, you will get locked 30fps, but the game will still look exactly the same.

Let's say you load a single graphics-heavy scene. The scene doesn't take up your whole RAM. Now your GPU is struggling to hit 10 fps. How in this case is the SSD supposed to improve my performance/framerate?

whats the difference if the data is coming from the i/o or the system memory? the gpu is made to handle that much anyways. data is data no matter were it comes from.

the i/o is doing all the decompression not the gpu.

same as next gen systems. streaming in assets come out of the ssd into the i/o then it goes to either the gpu or cpu. it depends what the data is and were it needs to go.

a slow cpu can bottleneck you frame rate of the gpu. so if the data that comes from the ssd gets decompressed from the i/o with out using the cpu.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos
@Tessellation said:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-one-secret-sauce-could-blow-ps4-outlink-insid-29412925/?page=2

You master of the secret sauce and secret xbox one specs,all because you could not admit that MS had a weaker and more expensive machine.

How is the PS5 GPU cripple?

Do you know what the gap is between 2 GPU with almost 2TF of performance in difference?

Apparently you don't.🤣

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tormentos

@WESTBLADE85 said:

You are loosing your time with me,i am not some blind fanboy like Tessellation that believe in secret sauce,i am not here trying to imply that the SSD and I/O modifications will change anything performance wise.

I am how ever making fun of some people who were very vocal and anti PS5 when sony announce those features that now Nvidia also announce,it was say here that PC had a damn bottleneck when it come to I/O but no one listened because it was sony saying so,those who always get carry away in the fight were to blind to see it,fact is there was a bottle neck.

I know for fact why Nvidia claim faster frame rates but ill have to say that free CPU resources and using GPU resources for the same task may lead to some frame improvement in certain games,because compression and decompression of assets on the fly take allot of CPU power,in sony's case the modification they have would use 9 cores if it were to be done by the CPU,surely with GPU compute you can use less resources and would free that CPU time for higher frames,which on PC well in some cases go beyond 144FPS,on a console that would probably has no use unless 120FPS was the goal,but on consoles nor the GPU or CPU are use for decompression it has hardware for that task.

So you see i am not claiming better performance i am just having fun with some people here who slammed the PS5 without really looking and now look stupid after this Nvidia announcement.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

lol the new gpu from nvidia goes from the ssd right to the gpu and they say in the video so does the series x and the ps5.

it does just load data but what data does the game need at that moment. thats the game changer.

i suggest to do more research on were the pc and console market is headed to that makes the ssd more useful.

funny no one ever would think console gaming is the new way pc are headed with i/o puts that takes compression away from the cpu.

so if the game needs a high res assets that contain millions of triangles lke we seen in the unreal 5.

epic told us this i can find the site if you like that said the ps5 i/o put is ahead of pc and then said intel will heading in the same direction and he was right.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gifford38

@tormentos said:
@Tessellation said:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-one-secret-sauce-could-blow-ps4-outlink-insid-29412925/?page=2

You master of the secret sauce and secret xbox one specs,all because you could not admit that MS had a weaker and more expensive machine.

How is the PS5 GPU cripple?

Do you know what the gap is between 2 GPU with almost 2TF of performance in difference?

Apparently you don't.🤣

these guys just don't see what future of pc are heading. they think its always going to be done the same no matter what new tech we get.

mark did though and made the ps5 that way. even epic said the the ps5 ssd solution is the new future and pc will follow suit.

and every one said epic is full of shit and was paid by sony to lie. epic even said even intel will follow suit and now NVIDIA.

they had to to keep up with next gen load and streaming speeds if these games are made with that much speed.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tdkmillsy

@tormentos said:
@tdkmillsy said:

So by your arguments every one is a millionaire because well many people have millions of dollars some many billions of dollars,how does that change the fact that the GREAT majority of the world isn't?

Yes we have lemmings and cows both have tell hermits hundreds of times on this place that most PC gamers don't have the best hardware out there period not even close,the 2060 out sold the 2080 and TI models to the moon and back,hell the 2060 alone beat the 2070,2080 and TI combined.

If most people get a shitty experience yeah man that is consider the average experience,in fact the bast majority of xbox one owners are xbox one S by a wide wide margin,that doesn't stop you lemmings from acting like every single xbox owners play the xbox one X version,when they don't most have the very worse version.

So like PC gamers you will brag about an experience most people will not have period.

No that bullshit you just coined there in bold is one of the most pathetic and lol worthy arguments to damage control the fact that MS has the weakest console,just because some on has a Ferrari doesn't mean my car is one,you can't group all cars together and claim you drive a Rolls Roy just because some one own one.

All switch have the same hardware buffoon,the only difference is the switch light is smaller and dropped docking in favor of been completely portable,the switch regular is also a portable with a ducking station.

The argument here is not how both machines will be accounted,i am not saying they will be accounted differently,if they sell 30 million xbox combined that is what it will be,regardless of been 29 million series S and 1 million Series X 30 is the number of consoles sold.

My argument is that those from those 30 millions the vast majority will not have an X series,will have an S series which completely destroy the argument in question.

Not that the single fact that the Series S exist didn't kill his argument to begin with.

@rrjim1 said:

This is what your lemming friend claimed,and yeah it is wrong.

The xbox series S is at the bottom of the garbage can.😎

So PC dont have the best experience according to you.

Now thats funny.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

these guys just don't see what future of pc are heading. they think its always going to be done the same no matter what new tech we get.

mark did though and made the ps5 that way. even epic said the the ps5 ssd solution is the new future and pc will follow suit.

and every one said epic is full of shit and was paid by sony to lie. epic even said even intel will follow suit and now NVIDIA.

they had to to keep up with next gen load and streaming speeds if these games are made with that much speed.

I know when you get into your hardcore fanboy mode you are unable to think clearly but how is PC following when PC would be using this technology months before the PS5? You think that Nvidia saw the PS5 breakdown of AMD tech and decided to copy it while ignoring that the tech is part of Microsoft DirectX and Windows API?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
@tormentos said:

You are loosing your time with me.

I agree. So I didn't read the rest of your essay.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

no really look at the new gpu.

everyone said epic of full of shit and paid by sony when saying the ps5 ssd solution is the future and pc was going to follow suit.

the new 3000 series gpu has a i/o put like the ps5.

the new gpu data can go straight to the gpu with out the cpu. because of the fast and the amount of data that the i/o put can decompress.

this is the future of pc even intel is going this route

so again the ssd can bring in assets, triangles, etc. at any giving time to the gpu without the cpu.

not because the ssd but the gpu new i/o decompression that the ssd feeds data to.

there is a new error of pc and console gaming were the ssd and i/o have more use now than in the past.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

So PC dont have the best experience according to you.

Now thats funny.

NO 1% steam own a damn 2080TI,99% doesn't.

Juts like many people drive overly expensive cars and most people don't have that experience.

So yes both machines will be accounted as 1,but the weakest console by far i may add will be the series S and nothing will change that unless MS drop it or not release it.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gifford38
@subspecies_ii said:

We should just call this place SSD Wars. Y'all are obsessed, lol.

because pc and xbox fans don't see the future and were its headed. the new gpu are able to stream in data from the i/o decompression block (like console) that the ssd feeds while the game is in motion.

so if more assets or triangles are needed the ssd and i/o can bring that in.

NVIDIA proved this yesturday and every one was saying epic was full of shit for saying the ps5 ssd solution is the future of pc. omg they been paid by sony.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

everyone said epic of full of shit and paid by sony when saying the ps5 ssd solution is the future and pc was going to follow suit.

the new gpu data can go straight to the gpu with out the cpu. because of the fast and the amount of data that the i/o put can decompress.

so again the ssd can bring in assets, triangles, etc. at any giving time to the gpu without the cpu.

not because the ssd but the gpu new i/o decompression that the ssd feeds data to.

there is a new error of pc and console gaming were the ssd and i/o have more use now than in the past.

RTXIO works on any GPU with tensor, so Turing GPUs have the feature. PC is first too, Sony following. The rest of what you wrote is just nonsense.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

You don't like to read and understand. I will say this the very last time. If you continue to spew misinformation after this, I will conclude that you are____________.

All data is processed from memory. There are no exceptions to this rule.

All data that goes into memory has to be first process by the CPU. The technology being used alleviates the need for the CPU for decompression.

Because of the first statement, SSDs do not send data directly to the GPU. It sends data to VRAM which is then processed by the GPU.

Direct Memory Access is not a new thing. Coupling DMA with hardware decompression is new, and is being pushed as a standard with DirectX 12 U.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pedro

@fedor: Well, that is one way to address his silliness. 😂 BTW he claims to be in his 40s.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Pedro said:

@fedor: Well, that is one way to address his silliness. 😂 BTW he claims to be in his 40s.