No Man's Sky trade trailer

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

This is the third out of four lauch trailers for no man's sky. The highly anticipated space adventure game releasing august 9.

Seems like there's a lot more to no man's sky than initially thought, blueprints?

I never saw the space stations either, looks like elite dangerous but who cares... right?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Yeah, I watched this a while ago, I must say it does interest me. I'll be curious to hear what some of you guys comment on the game once you've played a good bit of it.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 commander

@SecretPolice said:

Yeah, I watched this a while ago, I must say it does interest me. I'll be curious to hear what some of you guys comment on the game once you've played a good bit of it.

you mean you watched it an hour ago, the trailer only released like an hour ago lol

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

It looks so incredibly boring, all I've seen in literally everything they've shown for this game is a barren husk...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@commander said:
@SecretPolice said:

you mean you watched it an hour ago, the trailer only released like an hour ago lol

Yes, in the GS news section about an hour ago.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#7 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

It looks so incredibly boring, all I've seen in literally everything they've shown for this game is a barren husk...

Well it's a $20 indie game right? (6gb), so that seems pretty in depth for that.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dynamitecop
@kvally said:
@dynamitecop said:

Well it's a $20 indie game right? (6gb), so that seems pretty in depth for that.

It's a $60 full retail game...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@kvally said:
@dynamitecop said:

$60 actually but hey, vote with your wallet and I for one will be getting NMS for PS4.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@davillain- said:
@kvally said:
@dynamitecop said:

$60 actually but hey, vote with your wallet and I for one will be getting NMS for PS4.

I'm getting it too.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator

Pretty cool laser guns and such, it's going to be interesting to see how will you upgrade your hyper drive when going FTL (faster then light) to another galaxy. Speaking of trading stuff, have Hello Games confirm there is character customization?

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dynamitecop

@davillain- said:

Pretty cool laser guns and such, it's going to be interesting to see how will you upgrade your hyper drive when going FTL (faster then light) to another galaxy. Speaking of trading stuff, have Hello Games confirm there is character customization?

But what does this all mean when there isn't a point to anything? It's just hodge podge of mundane mechanics with procedurally generated worlds that all look the same for the most part because they're procedurally generated, there's no fucking substance here...

And even worse it's a SINGLE PLAYER game so you can't even get away with the "well with friends you can make it fun" excuse...

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kvally

@davillain- said:
@kvally said:
@dynamitecop said:

Ah, ok. Either way, I am getting it. Getting for Microsoft Windows 10.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3021 Posts

Amazing. Day 1 ! Can't wait to explore all these different planets.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dynamitecop

@uitravioience said:

Amazing. Day 1 ! Can't wait to explore all these different planets.

And do what? With what means to an end?

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 UItravioIence

@dynamitecop: to explore. To boldly go where no man has gone before. I like the unknown. Let's see what's out there.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dynamitecop

@uitravioience said:

@dynamitecop: to explore. To boldly go where no man has gone before. I like the unknown. Let's see what's out there.

That's the problem though, you're aimlessly exploring this random universe with no point, limited environments which are quite bland and same'ish, the combat and weapons look pathetic, you shoot things to gather resources for what purpose? There's no other people in this universe, there's no story, there's no mission, there's nothing, it's just nothing...

This game may sell well initially but it's going to bomb in the long run because there's nothing to keep you playing the game... The novelty is going to wear off quickly.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator

@dynamitecop said:

But what does this all mean when there isn't a point to anything? It's just hodge podge of mundane mechanics with procedurally generated worlds that all look the same for the most part because they're procedurally generated, there's no fucking substance here...

And even worse it's a SINGLE PLAYER game so you can't even get away with the "well with friends you can make it fun" excuse...

I do understand you're concern here, but for me, there have been a few things that left me skeptical, but overall, I've been excited about it for a long time. It won't appeal to everyone, obviously, but the ones who do will enjoy it will, so to a great extent. It's a lot different than anything we've seen before in terms of what's combined. Almost like a new genre. (well it is) The art style is what drew me to it originally, I really like a lot of those older sci-fi novels and that's what the artists tried to capture. This is one of those space sims I can get into, I always wanted to travel to space, planets, explore, and seek my fortune of space travel with no strings-attach has sold me into getting NMS.

I have been following this game for 2 years and I'm going with an open mind but above all, it's a new IP game I want to see the gaming industry do, taking risks.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dynamitecop

@davillain- said:
@dynamitecop said:

I do understand you're concern here, but for me, there have been a few things that left me skeptical, but overall, I've been excited about it for a long time. It won't appeal to everyone, obviously, but the ones who do will enjoy it will, so to a great extent. It's a lot different than anything we've seen before in terms of what's combined. Almost like a new genre. (well it is) The art style is what drew me to it originally, I really like a lot of those older sci-fi novels and that's what the artists tried to capture. This is one of those space sims I can get into, I always wanted to travel to space, planets, explore, and seek my fortune of space travel with no strings-attach has sold me into getting NMS.

I have been following this game for 2 years and I'm going with an open mind but above all, it's a new IP game I want to see the gaming industry do, taking risks.

I just feel like so many people are going to be wasting their money on something that will be cool for a small period of time but will quickly burn you because the novelty wears off and you come to the realization that there's nothing to do, there's no point to any of it, and you can't play with anyone else.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 UItravioIence

@dynamitecop: yes. I understand that you need to collect resources to upgrade your ship and suit in order to travel further in the galaxy. If I'm correct the end goal is to find out what's at the end of the universe. To me that sounds intriguing. I don't need this game to have any online pvp or co-op.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Flyincloud1116

@davillain-: I'm going to explore and upgrade until I can't take anymore. I think this game will mostly appeal to RPG and MMO fans that like to explore, but I could be wrong. This is any different from some of those types of games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator

@dynamitecop: I totally do agree about the high price $60 is asking too much for an indie game, $30 would've been sweet but of course, I do remember that Jim Sterling did a video on NMS price and his concerns but he does bring up a few points in that video. Remember this, vote with your wallet, I did my research before I pull the trigger and I save my money, so I'm good to go with this.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator

@flyincloud1116 said:

@davillain-: I'm going to explore and upgrade until I can't take anymore. I think this game will mostly appeal to RPG and MMO fans that like to explore, but I could be wrong. This is any different from some of those types of games.

Indeed. This is the only game I'm more interested this August, so I'll be spending lots of time with NMS.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Flyincloud1116

@dynamitecop said:
@davillain- said:
@dynamitecop said:

I just feel like so many people are going to be wasting their money on something that will be cool for a small period of time but will quickly burn you because the novelty wears off and you come to the realization that there's nothing to do, there's no point to any of it, and you can't play with anyone else.

So now you are concerned about people's wallets. There are plenty of games that do this like Ryse, COD, The Order, and TF, but you are overwhelming vocal about this game. Why?

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dynamitecop

@flyincloud1116 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@davillain- said:
@dynamitecop said:

So now you are concerned about people's wallets. There are plenty of games that do this like Ryse, COD, The Order, and TF, but you are overwhelming vocal about this game. Why?

Those games are intended to be linear, have a beginning and an end, there's large amounts of substance, story, meaningful content and reason in between, this game is essentially infinite and has nothing going for it beyond "exploration", but to what end? Why? Why should you care to explore this place when everything is mostly the same? Why should you care about space battles when they're done far better in other games? Why should you care about combat when it's lifeless and pathetic? Why should you care about resource gathering when it only advances your abilities to explore this blandness? Why should you care about 18 Quintillion worlds when there's no one to play with? Why should you care to do anything when none of it amounts to anything and there's no point to any of it?

It's scope for the sake of being scope, and there's nothing meaningful in any degree in between...

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 commander

@flyincloud1116 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@davillain- said:

he sounds like this is some cheap indie game but it probably won't be since they're use patented tech that's not even licensed yet.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dynamitecop
@commander said:

he sounds like this is some cheap indie game but it probably won't be since they're use patented tech that's not even licensed yet.

You don't even know what this means, they're using technology based upon an equation which they stole from someone else who has already patented it and did not pay for licensing rights... Also this equation that you don't understand doesn't change a fucking thing I said, not in any degree.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 commander

@dynamitecop said:
@commander said:

You don't even know what this means, they're using technology based upon an equation which they stole from someone else who has already patented it and did not pay for licensing rights... Also this equation that you don't understand doesn't change a fucking thing I said, not in any degree.

I think I understand the situation better than you, after all I read the articles here in their original language. I'm from belgium and the superformula is invented by a belgian scientist.

With the superformula they can generate terrain at a very low calculation cost. It's one of the reasons why they were able to do it with such a small team.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This game is just taking gaming to a whole another level.

trade, space, explore, battle, sony logo, ps4

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@dynamitecop: I get that you work for Microsoft and feel fiercely loyal to the Xbox but do they actually compel you to go on the Internet and talk down this game? Couldn't we just wait until it comes out to make definitive statements about what it does or doesn't have? Would it personally offend you if people buy and enjoy this game?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@dynamitecop: What's the point of MP shooters? It's just shooting people over and over in the same environment.

No Man's Sky is for people who like exploring shit. Nothing wrong with that. It's not for me though, game doesn't look interesting.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dynamitecop

@mark1974 said:

@dynamitecop: I get that you work for Microsoft and feel fiercely loyal to the Xbox but do they actually compel you to go on the Internet and talk down this game? Couldn't we just wait until it comes out to make definitive statements about what it does or doesn't have? Would it personally offend you if people buy and enjoy this game?

I didn't realize this was a PlayStation exclusive game or that my conversation was entirely about this PlayStation exclusive game....

Oh wait...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@mark1974 said:

It's bonus pay.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@dynamitecop: No it's not an exclusive. Microsoft won't be getting any money from it though and this game could possibly hurt Xbox sales. I think your boss doesn't like it and you are a good company man. Could be wrong.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Flyincloud1116

@dynamitecop said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@davillain- said:
@dynamitecop said:

Those games are intended to be linear, have a beginning and an end, there's large amounts of substance, story, meaningful content and reason in between, this game is essentially infinite and has nothing going for it beyond "exploration", but to what end? Why? Why should you care to explore this place when everything is mostly the same? Why should you care about space battles when they're done far better in other games? Why should you care about combat when it's lifeless and pathetic? Why should you care about resource gathering when it only advances your abilities to explore this blandness? Why should you care about 18 Quintillion worlds when there's no one to play with? Why should you care to do anything when none of it amounts to anything and there's no point to any of it?

It's scope for the sake of being scope, and there's nothing meaningful in any degree in between...

You can dislike the game, which is fine, but you seem like you are some kind of crusade to convince gamers that it's not worth it. I'll give my opinion when I get a chance to play it good or bad.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By commander

@Chutebox said:

@dynamitecop: What's the point of MP shooters? It's just shooting people over and over in the same environment.

No Man's Sky is for people who like exploring shit. Nothing wrong with that. It's not for me though, game doesn't look interesting.

right on, I like games like skyrim and fallout because I can explore. No man's sky will be the ultimate game for explorers.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Flyincloud1116

@Chutebox said:
@mark1974 said:

It's bonus pay.

Night Security Guards don't get bonuses, he is usually sleep this time of day. Maybe he is a Vampire.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kvally

@flyincloud1116: no different than your crusade in the Gears of War thread. It's ok to talk down GOW but not for others to talk down NMS?

Who makes the rules around this place?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Looks great. Gonna be a fun game to play till GOTY 2016 Deus Ex releases

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Flyincloud1116

@kvally said:

@flyincloud1116: no different than your crusade in the Gears of War thread. It's ok to talk down GOW but not for others to talk down NMS?

Now you are being a real fakeboy. I make about one negative comment per thread, because I don't like what I see. I don't go on and on and on about it. I also said that I may still get it, so mud in your fake face. Good day Madame.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kvally

@flyincloud1116 said:
@kvally said:

Now you are being a real fakeboy. I make about one negative comment per thread, because I don't like what I see. I don't go on and on and on about it. I also said that I may still get it, so mud in your fake face. Good day Madame.

Quotes in the latest GOW4 video thread from flyincloud1116

"That's 6 minutes that I can never get back."

"At least I know someone feelings are hurt. My plan is working."

"Emotional response, feelings confirm."

"Yes, I'm laughing at you. I defend games I hate because it's on my favorite console."

"Joke still on you SW clown."

"Follower and wanna be confirmed."

"Be original."

"There's nothing with calling it like you see it, especially when your post cuts someone so deep they react to defend things or games they hate. Maybe SW isn't the place for you."

"You win, good day."

"I give again, you win too. That's what you people want and like, you know, your kind of people."

"Sure, you noticed a not favorable comment about a flagship title on your favorite console"

You made a negative comment about the game, stating that you lost 6 minutes of your life that you can't get back because of this game. Yet you claim you said that you may still get it. First of all, in that thread, you never once stated you may get it. Second of all, since when do you determine the quantity of negative comments that is considered a "crusade". From what we all see, the number of negative comments you contributed to that thread is:

11 negative comments

1 comment related to the original topic, which was negative

0 positive comments

Enjoy your crusade. You are not fooling anyone.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

This game can't release soon enough.... >_< I'm too hyped!

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Flyincloud1116

@kvally said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@kvally said:

"Yes, I'm laughing at you. I defend games I hate because it's on my favorite console."

"Be original."

"There's nothing with calling it like you see it, especially when your post cuts someone so deep they react to defend things or games they hate. Maybe SW isn't the place for you."

"You win, good day."

"I give again, you win too. That's what you people want and like, you know, your kind of people."

"Sure, you noticed a not favorable comment about a flagship title on your favorite console"

You made a negative comment about the game, stating that you lost 6 minutes of your life that you can't get back because of this game. Yet you claim you said that you may still get it. First of all, in that thread, you never once stated you may get it. Second of all, since when do you determine the quantity of negative comments that is considered a "crusade". From what we all see, the number of negative comments you contributed to that thread is:

11 negative comments

0 positive comments

Boy you are not to smart. Where am I telling him to not buy the game or I can't believe anyone would buy this game? That was a nonsense exchange having nothing to do with the game, nice try though.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Flyincloud1116

@quadknight said:

And Iems and fakeboys hate you for it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@flyincloud1116 said:
@quadknight said:

And Iems and fakeboys hate you for it.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kvally

@flyincloud1116 said:
@kvally said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@kvally said:

"Be original."

"You win, good day."

11 negative comments

0 positive comments

Boy you are not to smart. Where am I telling him to not buy the game or I can't believe anyone would buy this game? That was a nonsense exchange having nothing to do with the game, nice try though.

So you got nothing. Keep up the good work. It doesn't go unnoticed.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

That's the problem though, you're aimlessly exploring this random universe with no point, limited environments which are quite bland and same'ish, the combat and weapons look pathetic, you shoot things to gather resources for what purpose? There's no other people in this universe, there's no story, there's no mission, there's nothing, it's just nothing...

This game may sell well initially but it's going to bomb in the long run because there's nothing to keep you playing the game... The novelty is going to wear off quickly.

You must hate Minecraft - but a lot of people don't. This game is about exploration. That's the game as we understand it so far. That sounds fun to some people, and not to you. That's fine - I don't enjoy kicking over and over and over again in fighting games, so I skip out on them. You can skip out on this "exploring over and over and over again" game instead. I don't see what the big deal is, or how it is some sort of travesty that it's not an RPG, a cinematic experience, an FPS, or whatever you want it to be. There are lots of those games around to scratch those itches

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

@dynamitecop: Will wait for price drop. Still don't think it's worth $60 for me. It's going to take hours and hours and hours to get things done in this game. It's one of the reasons I don't play Minecraft.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dynamitecop

@xantufrog said:
@dynamitecop said:

You must hate Minecraft - but a lot of people don't. This game is about exploration. That's the game as we understand it so far. That sounds fun to some people, and not to you. That's fine - I don't enjoy kicking over and over and over again in fighting games, so I skip out on them. You can skip out on this "exploring over and over and over again" game instead. I don't see what the big deal is, or how it is some sort of travesty that it's not an RPG, a cinematic experience, an FPS, or whatever you want it to be. There are lots of those games around to scratch those itches

I have never played Minecraft, but I have 320 hour in Terraria, the difference being there is an end game goal and you can play with other people.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Flyincloud1116

@xantufrog said:
@dynamitecop said:

Thank you!