Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

User Lists: 0

#1 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 45063 Posts

I surprised that no one has mentioned this free upgrade for next gen hardware for this game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 48523 Posts

I love this game so much, if not for the excellent gameplay and presentation, then certainly for their unwillingness to throw in the towel at release and instead keep working on it to make one of the better games of the past 10 years.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 46917 Posts

Going to seem like a weird comment, but im happy for them.

They know they screwed up but kept working and seems people enjoy this game.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 7771 Posts

Stop it, Hello Games, you've already earned my respect a long time ago.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrbojangles25  Online

@Chutebox said:

@madrocketeer said:

Stop it, Hello Games, you've already earned my respect a long time ago.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Are they working on any other projects? Would love to see what else they can come up with.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 10554 Posts

That's hot, can't wait to experience PS5 graphics in VR

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pedro

@Chutebox said:

Its a great recovery story.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#8 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 13126 Posts

@mrbojangles25: They released The Last Campfire not long ago...

Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrbojangles25  Online

@BassMan: You play it? Gotta admit this one went unnoticed by me.

Good scores overall.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pedro

@BassMan: I enjoyed this game.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#11 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 13126 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@BassMan: You play it? Gotta admit this one went unnoticed by me.

Good scores overall.

@Pedro said:

@BassMan: I enjoyed this game.

I haven't played any of their games, but I am more interested in The Last Campfire. No Man's Sky is looking better though after all these updates. It doesn't look nearly as boring as before.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#12 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 9964 Posts

I guess the money they got from day one PS owners was that much for them to continue working on it today. what an amazing turnaround.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

Am i the only one who got no interest in No Mans Sky?

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: -5

#14 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 4102 Posts

The developers have done a lot with this game and never charged for the extra content... its weird because when you look at other games like the Sims 4, they charge you for literally everything, every shitty little gamepack/stuffpack/expansion they charge you for, you get nothing at all for your loyalty to the game, just ignored.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts

@Yams1980 said:

The developers have done a lot with this game and never charged for the extra content... its weird because when you look at other games like the Sims 4, they charge you for literally everything, every shitty little gamepack/stuffpack/expansion they charge you for, you get nothing at all for your loyalty to the game, just ignored.

If this dev were to make another game, they have to win gamers over, they have no choice. By doing what they've did/still doing, this is the only way. If their lauch wasn't what it was, you could bet your ass they'd be charging money for all of this. Remember, they originally charged $60 for an indie title that should've been $30 to begin with.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 44588 Posts

Unlike Roberts Industries, Hello Games really put efforts as far as supporting the game itself.

That said, I really enjoy No Man's Sky since day one and been enjoying it on PC. Totally looking forward to the latest update Next Generation.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 3326 Posts

@Pedro said:

I surprised that no one has mentioned this free upgrade for next gen hardware for this game.

Loading Video...

never played it but this looks great. i might have to buy it day one. this looks more next gen than most games i think.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gifford38
@hardwenzen said:
@Yams1980 said:

If this dev were to make another game, they have to win gamers over, they have no choice. By doing what they've did/still doing, this is the only way. If their lauch wasn't what it was, you could bet your ass they'd be charging money for all of this. Remember, they originally charged $60 for an indie title that should've been $30 to begin with.

a infinite game that you will never beat even if you played the game until your 90 you will never see every planet. 30 bucks is for short games like lost odyssey. 60 bucks for a game that keeps updating and updating and now its a great game plus a free upgrade to next gen. sorry i pay 60 for games with less content. never mind a never ending game.

plus the entire game is in vr as well

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

Trailer looks great, and I havent played since launch. Wish they mentioned a release date... on PC if that makes a difference.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 44588 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Yams1980 said:

Everything you said is true. Hello Games is still trying to make it up for their fiasco and the game launch was disastrous but they sure made up for it with the updates at no extra cost. They sure would've charge this update if the launch wasn't as bad as it was back than, even Sony back them up but they sure regretted that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Yams1980 said:

a infinite game that you will never beat even if you played the game until your 90 you will never see every planet. 30 bucks is for short games like lost odyssey. 60 bucks for a game that keeps updating and updating and now its a great game plus a free upgrade to next gen. sorry i pay 60 for games with less content. never mind a never ending game.

You couldn't be more wrong. When was the last time that you played a game with procedurally generated worlds that didn't feel repeptive as f*ck after ~30h or so? That's right. You do not need to visit every planet to then 100% each planet you've visited to FEEL like you've done everything the game has to offer.

You've never eaten an apple. I give you a red apple. You eat it. Now if i were to ask you if you've tasted apples, will your answer be a No because you haven't tasted every color an apple can be, or will your answer to be a Yes or a "duh, bro"? You got the idea. Procedurally generated worlds is just an illusion of scale.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#22 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 37237 Posts

@mrbojangles25: yeah they deserve a perseverance medal for working it up to a better game.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gifford38

@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Yams1980 said:

You couldn't be more wrong. When was the last time that you played a game with procedurally generated worlds that didn't feel repeptive as f*ck after ~30h or so? That's right. You do not need to visit every planet to then 100% each planet you've visited to FEEL like you've done everything the game has to offer.

You've never eaten an apple. I give you a red apple. You eat it. Now if i were to ask you if you've tasted apples, will your answer be a No because you haven't tasted every color an apple can be, or will your answer to be a Yes or a "duh, bro"? You got the idea. Procedurally generated worlds is just an illusion of scale.

tell you the truth I have not played it. but i see its worth 60 bucks.

making in vr alone is a huge feature. on top of constant updates to get the game up to date.

i can see the value without even getting the game. but after seeing this trailer it looks great. who doesn't like walking around in mech suit exploring new worlds?

I'm just sticking up for the developer because he could just left the game as it was at launch like anthem instead he continued working on to give the fans what they wanted. in the end your getting your 60 bucks worth. i think this is worth more than demon souls at 70 bucks because there is more of a game here to get immerged in.

If you like the game then it will keep you busy for quite sometime. were demon souls maybe 2 play throughs.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7828 Posts

I have 90 hours in this game, while it was trash and one of the biggest let downs of all time... Its not a bad game now THAT said once you play this in VR you can't go back to playing it any other way.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#25 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30002 Posts

Amazing job! Love this game and dev team.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7179 Posts

@girlusocrazy: They're going to upgrade the VR version too?

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 10554 Posts

@AsadMahdi59: It's the same game, you can turn on/off VR as a setting.

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 759 Posts

It has a lot of stuff I don't care for and relies way too much on crafting mechanics but I'll say this, bought it twice and both times I've put out more than 100h in record time. Is the kind of game I can play for hours and hours straight and have to force my self to stop. Will restart it again once I get the XSX.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mrbojangles25  Online

@cainetao11 said:

@mrbojangles25: yeah they deserve a perseverance medal for working it up to a better game.

where you been? Feel like I haven't seen you on here as much.

Nice to see you, in any case.