No love for Among Us coming to PS4/PS5 this year? (Also coming to Xbox Series)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

Yes, very surprise there's no thread on this awesome news: Among Us will launch on PS5, PS4 later this year:

“Among Us originally launched as a teeny, local, mobile only game, and we’re so blown away by how far it’s come. Now we’re even more excited to say it’ll be coming to PlayStation! Wahhh?! We can’t wait for even more people to join our space crew… and potentially eject some of them. With all four maps available to play – from the Skeld to the Airship – it’s going to be a chaotically fun time together,” Sony said in a blog.

There are some perks to Among Us launching on PS4 and PS5. Players will get exclusive Ratchet & Clank skin, hat, and pet. It will also bring support for online multiplayer and Sparkles crossplay.

While the Switch version is the only console port that launch back in December 2020, it sold over 3 million copies was the highest-earning version of the game for the month of December 2020. For odd reasons, I always thought it was already on PS4 but this is kinda late to be launching both Sony/MS and should have been out during Switch version launch.

I never play Among Us but I heard good things about it from @goldenelementxl as he enjoy it.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

I still don't know much of anything about this game. Seems like a casual mobile type game.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

I will be very disappointed if this game somehow becomes a best seller like the switch scam version. Love the game but it is free on mobiles with all the features, just play there.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I still don't know much of anything about this game. Seems like a casual mobile type game.

It was a mobile game when it came out but never look too much into it as I'm not a mobile gamer but when it release on Switch, I watch few gameplay and like it so far but never consider playing it.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Not a game I'd be interested in playing with randoms.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

It's basically a party game of Clue where you actually play out the clues/murders/alibies.

So - gather 5+ friends, you land on a map, and some of you are members of "the crew" and you simply run around doing chores for your little space gang (take out the garbage, whatever). Everyone can chat and hang out, but you should stay silent on your actual in-game activities. This is because one or more of your friends is actually an "imposter" and their job is to murder crew members in a gory way. The crew wins the round if they finish all their chores first, the imposter(s) win if they murder enough crew members that they can't get executed for being dirty dirty murderers.

The general game loop is the imposter sneaks through vents, sabotages doors, trips a reactor meltdown, etc. This 1) disrupts the crew from achieving their chores, at least briefly, and 2) allows the imposter to herd people into dark corners to murder them. On the flip side, the crew does their chores and tries to put out fires the imposter starts. If you find a corpse, you report it and everyone goes to court and tries to act (or prove) their innocence.

"i was busy refueling the engine and spotted sirspanxalot's head rolling around down in the trash room. I THINK I saw a green crew member exiting the other door, so I think it might be analbumcover, but I'm not sure"

It's really fun - of course imposters try to "report" dead bodies that they created, pretend to do chores, try to be seen putting out meltdowns, etc and come up with alibies - and so it's a real hoot with friends.

I suspect it's kind of sucky with internet randos.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Watched a fair amount of this game on Twitch and it was highly enjoyable seeing people whom I’ve gotten to know a bit play it amongst friends. Pretty hilarious stuff seeing them trying to convince or deceive each other. Seems like a great party type game amongst friends.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

My kids played it for a few weeks, it looks god awful and not the least bit fun, easy pass.

Avatar image for deactivated-64fbf588222fb
deactivated-64fbf588222fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-64fbf588222fb
Member since 2021 • 1253 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3138 Posts

They really need to embrace their influences and come up with a level/DLC/sequel/spinoff based on "The Thing."

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

I tried the game and honestly didn't find that fun. But good for PS users if they want it.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

I assumed this was on Xbox already, no?