Nintendo's lack of love for hardcore gamers is not due to a lack of games...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts

Nintendo failed big time to gain the approval of hardcore gamers and the gaming press in general with their latest E3 confernce. Some might say that this happened because they simply don't have the games coming out for their system that appeal to that demographic. Well I disagree, Nintendo has enough upcoming exclusive core gamer type games to have had a decent showing. They simply didn't even try.

I mean, if Nintendo showed off

Fatal Frame 4, Madworld, Conduit, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Tenchu 4, Fragile, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Rune Factory, and Deadly Creatures

In addition throw in a teaser for the new Zelda game as well as whatever Retro Studies is working on and also the game vanillaware is working on.

If Nintendo showed that instead, they probably would have been considered the winners of E3. That's the frustrating part. The casual non-gamers are not paying attention to E3, so why try to appease them?

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
Yeah, there was nothing at their show for me, except the dongle addon thing
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zerostatic0
They should've also announced Dead Rising at the keynote and showed the new Wario platformer as well.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

Nintendo failed big time to gain the approval of hardcore gamers and the gaming press in general with their latest E3 confernce. Some might say that this happened because they simply don't have the games coming out for their system that appeal to that demographic. Well I disagree, Nintendo has enough upcoming exclusive core gamer type games to have had a decent showing. They simply didn't even try.

Fatal Frame 4, Madworld, Conduit, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Tenchu 4, Fragile, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Rune Factory, and Deadly Creatures

In addition throw in a teaser for the new Zelda game as well as whatever Retro Studies is working on and also the game vanillaware is working on.

If Nintendo showed that instead, they probably would have been considered the winners of E3. That's the frustrating part. The casual non-gamers are not paying attention to E3, so why try to appease them?

Zerostatic0
Because investors are paying attention to E3, and they're a hundred times more important than jaded and disgruntled System Wars posters.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
Their press conference was for the press, not gamers. It's the stupid new E3, but we do know that the games are coming. People act like because they didnt talk about those games means that those games no longer exist. Maybe they will redeem themselves at E for All.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
It's attitude not games really. Like Sonys BS circa 2005/6
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zerostatic0
[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"]

mjarantilla
Because investors are paying attention to E3, and they're a hundred times more important than jaded and disgruntled System Wars posters.

I don't buy that lame @ss response. What kind of investor makes his investments according to information gathered from press conferences?
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
I gotta find a place to keep all these add-ons.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
True, the amount of casual gamers at E3 is a lot less then the hardcore. That's why their E3 is considered a joke.
Cowmanik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cowmanik
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="Zerostatic0"]

Zerostatic0

I don't buy that lame @ss response. What kind of investor makes his investments according to information gathered from press conferences?

Lots do, after all it was the press that stated IndyMac Banks were in trouble.
tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

[QUOTE="mjarantilla"]Because investors are paying attention to E3, and they're a hundred times more important than jaded and disgruntled System Wars posters.Zerostatic0

Yeah seriously, I mean honestly, who in the world would talk sales and games that would generate sales at a business summit?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#13 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="Zerostatic0"]

WhatTheDunk

I have one thing to say.

You are a idiot.

At least use correct grammar when insulting one's intelligence...

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mjarantilla

Zerostatic0

Where else are they going to get information? Do you think EVERY investor or potential business partner has a personal contact in EVERY company? That's why companies have press releases and press conferences in the first place. So that someone doing research would be able to find relevant information quickly. And a major press conference like an E3 press conference will tell investors a lot about the company's health and its future direction.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

Zerostatic0

That is the whole point of a press confrence.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#16 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Disaster Day of Crisis wasnt even shown off and it's release is TBA. Fatal Frame 4 was not shown off. Mad World was hardly shown off and we don't know much about it and it has no release date. There is Tales yes, but it not jack next to real rpgs like Final Fantasy and Star Ocean. Not near as ambitious and the original game wasnt even that good.

Rune Factory is not hard core.
And Come on Deadly Creatures?

All you named was things that werent shown off at the actually press conference. None of these games are that big with the acception of Tales and their more like actual cult games. Games that appeal only to a very, very small audiance and most arent ambitious aside from Deadly Creatures maybe.

And anouncing Pikmin and Zelda with out screen shots, videos, release dates or even titles doesnt mean bs. It means it'll be years from now before these titles actually show up. Just like when Nintendo anounced Super Smash brother before they even showed off the Wii.

The only way you could be satisied with Nintendo is if your a fanboy.

streak000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 streak000
Member since 2007 • 6802 Posts
[QUOTE="WhatTheDunk"][QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="Zerostatic0"]

Zerostatic0

I have one thing to say.

You are a idiot.

Everytime I think that it's safe to come back to Game Spot, someone like you reminds me how juvenile and immature many of the posters are on gamespot. I'm an idiot because I think an investor would pay a lot more attention to things like profits, assets, and private shareholder meetings then they would to a press conference at a videogame trade show? If investors really did care so much, why wouldn't these conferences be more polished? They almost never flow and have mediocre speakers.

For what it's worth, I completely agree with you. Whoever says that investors rely on stage-managed press conferences to find out how well a company is doing obviously knows absolutely nothing about economics or marketing.

Seriously though, people like that "a idiot" guy should just be ignored....

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"]

Everytime I think that it's safe to come back to Game Spot, someone like you reminds me how juvenile and immature many of the posters are on gamespot. I'm an idiot because I think an investor would pay a lot more attention to things like profits, assets, and private shareholder meetings then they would to a press conference at a videogame trade show? If investors really did care so much, why wouldn't these conferences be more polished? They almost never flow and have mediocre speakers.streak000

For what it's worth, I completely agree with you. Whoever says that investors rely on stage-managed press conferences to find out how well a company is doing is basically admitting that they know absolutely nothing about economics or marketing.

Investors don't RELY on stage-managed press conferences, but they DO play a part in informing them, and despite appearances, these conferences are STILL primarily intended for business. It's only because of E3's rather unique status that these particular press conferences have evolved into a quasi-stage show-slash-live action advertisement. They ARE advertising, sure, but they're mainly advertising to investors, which includes, among other things, developers.

How else would developers know what to bid to Microsoft or Sony or Nintendo? Actually, more specifically, how would Nintendo attract casual game developers and small developers like High Voltage (Conduit devs)? They don't send out headhunters. They use these press conference to show their company's general direction for the next few years, and at the same time use their sales figures to assure potential developers that their games will have a place in their library.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

Their press conference was for the press, not gamers. It's the stupid new E3, but we do know that the games are coming. People act like because they didnt talk about those games means that those games no longer exist. Maybe they will redeem themselves at E for All.laughingman42

Exactly. As far as the retailers, investers, and media are concerned, Nintendo stole the show.

streak000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 streak000

[QUOTE="laughingman42"]Their press conference was for the press, not gamers. It's the stupid new E3, but we do know that the games are coming. People act like because they didnt talk about those games means that those games no longer exist. Maybe they will redeem themselves at E for All.Tylendal

Exactly. As far as the retailers, investers, and media are concerned, Nintendo stole the show.

If I were an investor, I would be worried about the lack of upcoming games from the game console company I invested in. If I was a retailer, I would also be disappointed at the lack of announced games or anything particularly marketable. That Music thing is an absolute joke. And you are dead wrong about the media feeling that Nintendo stole the show. Find me one article from any outlet that states "Nintendo steals show" or even "A great conference from Nintendo", and I will admit to being wrong.

The truth is, it was an absolutely horrid conference by any standard.

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"]

mjarantilla

Exactly, it's the shareholders and investors in the company that Nintendo is trying to impress, not gamers. Stuff like TGS and E for All are for gamers, E3 is a conference.

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 goodlay
[QUOTE="Tylendal"]

[QUOTE="laughingman42"]Their press conference was for the press, not gamers. It's the stupid new E3, but we do know that the games are coming. People act like because they didnt talk about those games means that those games no longer exist. Maybe they will redeem themselves at E for All.streak000

If I were an investor, I would be worried about the lack of upcoming games from the game console company I invested in. If I was a retailer, I would also be disappointed at the lack of announced games or anything particularly marketable. That Music thing is an absolute joke. And you are dead wrong about the media feeling that Nintendo stole the show. Find me one article from any outlet that states "Nintendo steals show" or even "A great conference from Nintendo", and I will admit to being wrong.

Are you serious? You're blind if you think Wii Music and Wii Sports Resort are going to sell poorly.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

It's attitude not games really. Like Sonys BS circa 2005/6locopatho

Sony failed to show me one game this year: Tekken 6.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mjarantilla

[QUOTE="Tylendal"]

[QUOTE="laughingman42"]Their press conference was for the press, not gamers. It's the stupid new E3, but we do know that the games are coming. People act like because they didnt talk about those games means that those games no longer exist. Maybe they will redeem themselves at E for All.streak000

If you were an investor, you wouldn't be the kind of investor to invest in Nintendo, and you therefore wouldn't be the kind of investor Nintendo was targeting with their press conference. Your post is therefore moot.

It was a boring conference, but despite that, it probably still attracted droves of small, casual game developers to develop for Nintendo over Sony or Microsoft. That means more licensing profits, market share, and games for Nintendo.

streak000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 streak000
[QUOTE="streak000"][QUOTE="Tylendal"]

[QUOTE="laughingman42"]Their press conference was for the press, not gamers. It's the stupid new E3, but we do know that the games are coming. People act like because they didnt talk about those games means that those games no longer exist. Maybe they will redeem themselves at E for All.goodlay

Are you serious? You're blind if you think Wii Music and Wii Sports Resort are going to sell poorly.

They'll sell, but only because of the Nintendo brand and the vast number of people who own the console. They are such unexciting (and in the case of Wii Music, atrocious) products, that I can't see them attracting much praise. I don't think they'll sell anywhere near as well as the first Wii Sports or Wii Fit, for example.

I could be wrong, but the general consensus seems to be that Nintendo's conference was very poor. They seem to be resting on their laurels, rather than actually innovating or bringing out great games. I can't imagine that any secton of the audience would have been particularly impressed with that presentation.

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 goodlay
[QUOTE="goodlay"][QUOTE="streak000"][QUOTE="Tylendal"]

They'll sell, but only because of the Nintendo brand and the vast number of people who own the console. They are such unexciting (and in the case of Wii Music, atrocious) products, that I can't see them attracting much praise. I don't think they'll sell anywhere near as well as the first Wii Sports or Wii Fit, for example.

I could be wrong, but the general consensus seems to be that Nintendo's conference was very poor. They seem to be resting on their laurels, rather than actually innovating or bringing out great games. I can't imagine that any secton of the audience would have been particularly impressed with that presentation.

People laughed at Wii Sports and Wii Fit, and I understood why. But I don't understand how you can laugh at this stuff after the Wii has had so much success with titles like these.

streak000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 streak000
[QUOTE="streak000"][QUOTE="goodlay"]

goodlay

People laughed at Wii Sports and Wii Fit, and I understood why. But I don't understand how you can laugh at this stuff after the Wii has had so much success with titles like these.

I'm not laughing, I'm grimacing. Wii Sports and Wii Fit were unique and innovative, regardless of how gimmicky or shallow they turned out to be. Wii music seems a huge step backwards, when you consider how many awesome musical alternatives are available. Wii Sports resort is like scraping the bottom of the barrel. Couldn't they come up with something fresh? This pathological obsession Nintendo has with "casual gamers" is completely killing their once-legendary creativity.

Avatar image for motionxsickness
motionxsickness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 motionxsickness
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts

we're getting away form the topic. simply put, the nintendo has put their hardcore audience to the side to be more "accessible".

i feel betrayed all the same, but i guess it's like the movie industry. they can't always produce epics, or it might "cost too much" to make a "good" movie so they make watered down stoner flicks and spoofs. and that's what nintendo does nowadays: produce the watered down stoner flicks and spoofs of videogames -_- call me bourgeous, but what they call accessible, i call stupid.

orangeillini14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 orangeillini14
Member since 2004 • 10608 Posts
Whaddya all talking about? Nintendo loves hardcore gamers.
WhatTheDunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WhatTheDunk
Member since 2008 • 338 Posts
[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="WhatTheDunk"][QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="Zerostatic0"]

streak000

I have one thing to say.

You are a idiot.

Everytime I think that it's safe to come back to Game Spot, someone like you reminds me how juvenile and immature many of the posters are on gamespot. I'm an idiot because I think an investor would pay a lot more attention to things like profits, assets, and private shareholder meetings then they would to a press conference at a videogame trade show? If investors really did care so much, why wouldn't these conferences be more polished? They almost never flow and have mediocre speakers.

For what it's worth, I completely agree with you. Whoever says that investors rely on stage-managed press conferences to find out how well a company is doing obviously knows absolutely nothing about economics or marketing.

Well obviously they don't rely on conferences to see how a company is moving, but they do pay attention. Yes it is idiotic to think investors don't use any information from a press conference. And to be honest, investors that paid attention to the conference would be smart to invest, because they'd see that Nintendo is branching out.

Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zerostatic0
Disaster Day of Crisis wasnt even shown off and it's release is TBA.vashkey
What's your point. I'm saying it should have been shown off. They've released screens a long time ago so it's not like they couldn't have shown anything.

Fatal Frame 4 was not shown off. vashkey
Again, what is your point? I am saying that it should have been shown off. It comes out in 3 friggin' weeks in Japan.

Mad World was hardly shown off and we don't know much about it and it has no release date.vashkey
I believe it was on the show floor and apparantly it was looking pretty good.

There is Tales yes, but it not jack next to real rpgs like Final Fantasy and Star Ocean. Not near as ambitious and the original game wasnt even that good.vashkey
Ok, that is called your opinion. A lot of people love the Tales series and btw Tales of Symphonia got an 8.8 on gamespot while Star Ocean for the PS2 got a 7.9. It's not Final Fantasy but it's definitely a quality RPG.

Rune Factory is not hard core.vashkey
Well, a lot of hardcore wii owners are looking forward to the game.

And Come on Deadly Creatures?vashkey
Again, another game that quite a few Wii owners are looking forward to? I think it's probably going to be mediocre, but it is unique and I think would have been the type of game that shows well at a press conference.

All you named was things that werent shown off at the actually press conference.vashkey
Duh, that's the whole point of my topic.

None of these games are that big with the acception of Tales and their more like actual cult games.vashkey
Publicity and marketing are what makes a game big. Besides, If Nintendo took just 30 minutes and devoted to those games even if they were more cultish, sleeper hit type of games it would have still gotten them more positive mindshare among hardcore gamers and the gaming media. People would be saying "Nintendo is the place to go for quirky, creative games" instead of "Nintendo has abandoned hardcore gamers!"

Games that appeal only to a very, very small audiance and most arent ambitious aside from Deadly Creatures maybe.vashkey
Isn't that more reason to show those games, to try and attact a bigger audience. Besides, games like Katamari Damacy, Nintendodogs, and Animal Crossing haad a very niche-like feel to them but they have all been very successful. If the game is good, and it's marketed right it can be successful. I also disagree with you on saying that those titles are not ambitious. I mean it's not like they're a bunch of generic shooters and racers that are playing it safe. Mad World is a friggin' black and white game! Fragile is a post-apocalyptic rpg, it's like the JRPG fallout. In Disaster the world is being torn apart and you're right in the middle of it. Trust me, these games are ambitious enough.

And anouncing Pikmin and Zelda with out screen shots, videos, release dates or even titles doesnt mean bs. It means it'll be years from now before these titles actually show up.vashkey
Both of those games were actually confirmed by Nintendo, they just didn't do it at the press conference. I mean throw up a teaser trailer and tell us you're working on it. That's all they need to do, because Nintendo's problem with the hardcore is something that is more perceived then anything else. I mean if you look at their releases in the first 18 months of the Wii's life, they've release more games for the core gamer then they ever had in the first 18 months of any other Nintendo system (i.e. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Battalion Wars 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Super Paper Mario, etc.). Nintendo just ignores these games at E3 and in press conferences. I mean they almost completely ignored Metroid Prime 3's launch. And they almost acted like Fire Emblem and Battalion Wars 2 didn't even exist. I mean can you imagine Microsoft or Sony releasing one of their biggest games (ala Metroid Prime) as well as two games with dedicated followings (Fire Emblem and Battalion Wars) and hardly even mention them at the press conferences?

The only way you could be satisied with Nintendo is if your a fanboy.vashkey
I think you're wrong. If Nintendo showed the games that I listed above, I think non-fanboys would have been happier. I feel that people who own a Wii and one of the HD consoles would have felt like their purchase was justified. I feel that the gaming media would have been more optimistic about playing what the Wii has in store. I think gaming podcast would have more discussion of games like Madworld, Conduit, Disaster, etc. instead of simply just ignoring the Wii altogther (other then to express their disappointment with the whole casual movement).

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
If E3 is a conference entirely for investors why did MS and Sony show a LOT of games?

Yes E3 is also a show for investors but not only. Nintendo did not have anything to show that's why they didn't show it.

Both Sony and MS had a show for the investors and the gamers. Why didn't Nintendo do that?
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zerostatic0
If E3 is a conference entirely for investors why did MS and Sony show a LOT of games?

Yes E3 is also a show for investors but not only. Nintendo did not have anything to show that's why they didn't show it.

Both Sony and MS had a show for the investors and the gamers. Why didn't Nintendo do that?
JLF1
I disagree. Read my first post. Nintendo had games to show (i.e. Disaster, Fragile, Tales of Symphonia, Madworld, Conduit, etc.) they just choose to ignore those games just like they did last year. I mean a lot of posters are always saying that the Wii doesn't have any good games coming out and then titles like Zack & Wiki, No More Heroes, Boom Blox come out of nowhere and get good reviews. The problem is that Nintendo is not promoting those games. I mean sure, they can focus on the casual market but if you're at a video game trade show, then show some of the games that the enthusiast press and hardcore gamers will appreciate.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Okay new rule.

Disaster Day of Crisis does not exist until we see a video.

You can't just keep naming a game they've been throwiing around since launch and we have yet to see a gameplay video or new pictures. Until proven otherwise, its vaporware.

Mastergamer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mastergamer27
Member since 2007 • 582 Posts

[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"]Because investors are paying attention to E3, and they're a hundred times more important than jaded and disgruntled System Wars posters.tbone29

Yeah seriously, I mean honestly, who in the world would talk sales and games that would generate sales at a business summit?

Its the new E3.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
[QUOTE="streak000"][QUOTE="Tylendal"]

[QUOTE="laughingman42"]Their press conference was for the press, not gamers. It's the stupid new E3, but we do know that the games are coming. People act like because they didnt talk about those games means that those games no longer exist. Maybe they will redeem themselves at E for All.goodlay

I can only hope this could be the start of a much deserved backlash against these "wii" named games. They're all trash.

shadowcat2576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 shadowcat2576
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

I find all the "core gamers" crying about the lack of Nintendo support both confusing and laughable. It appeared pretty clear to me that most of the "core gamers" moved onto MS or Sony before the Wii even came out, so can you blame Nintendo for trying something different and then sticking with what works? Even with games like Zelda, Metriod, and SMG, I hear so many "gamers" complaining, both here and in the gaming media, "It's kiddie, It's dumbed downed, Waggle, It's not enough"

It was a boring E3 showing, but to me none of the 3 were great. MS had a good announcement with FF13, but let's face it, only fanboys on either side really got excited. Sony showed some interesting things, but there're so far off it's hard to get excited. Nintendo rarely displays stuff very early.

Personally I like my Wii for what it does, which is offer me things I can't get anywhere else. If I want "core games", whatever they may be, I have many other systems that are more than capable of supplying those. Can MS and Sony say the same thing about games like SMG and MK or WiiSports?

Would it be nice to know that the next Donky Kong or Kirby was o it's way this fall, sure it would, but I think sometimes we're expecting too much. Look at everything we've already gotten from Nintendo: Zelda, SPM, SMG, Metriod, FE, WWSM, MK, SSBB, WiiSports, WiiPlay, Link's Crossbow, WiiFit. Look at what we know is on the way: Warioland, WiiSports 2, WiiMusic, Animal Crossings, Mario Sluggers. Regardless of your personal feelings about individual games, that's a heck of a lot.

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
My problem with Nintendo this gen is that all the core games I've played (Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Twilight Princess, Mario Kart, Brawl) this gen seem dumbed down to suit the casual gamer. I mean really Nintendo, if the average casual gamer lacks the intelligence to play a real core game which hasn't been dumbed down to benefit them then there's something wrong with humanity. The games were p***-easy, and because of this they were extremely lacklustre. In my opinion, if they're going to dumb down their core series in the future, then there's no point in calling them hardcore games anymore.
Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#40 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts

Zerostatic0

At least two of the games (possibly more) have been shown so far at E3. But they werent shown at Nintendo's press conference because they arent by Nintendo.

Serves gamers right for believing everything they hear on the internet.

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts
E3 is a business event. They would only show the games that would appeal from a business standpoint.
Paul_Phoenicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Paul_Phoenicks
Member since 2002 • 1015 Posts
Nintendo shows the "hardcore" plenty of love. It's the "hardcore" that don't show them any love by not buying the games. Or maybe there aren't as many of you "hardcore" as you think? Playing to their hardcore didn't exactly help the Nintendo 64, and it really didn't help the Gamecube, as we can tell from hardware sales data. Fire Emblem never had to leave Japan. But it did, and you all didn't buy it. No More Heroes never had to get Nintendo's approval to be published. But it did, and nobody bought that. Metroid Prime 3 didn't have to come out. But it did, and you all didn't buy it. If I'm Nintendo, and I know I can sell a few milli putting out a Nintendogs, or a few thousand putting out Punch-Out!!, what would I do? I'd put out 4 different versions of Nintendogs.
edeasknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 edeasknight
Member since 2004 • 1222 Posts
[QUOTE="goodlay"][QUOTE="streak000"][QUOTE="Tylendal"]

for their target audience, wii sports resort and wii music are incredibly exciting. this is why theyll sell by the truckload. remember, the target audience for these games dont go to media outlets to see ratings of games to see if they will buy them. they buy on name and impulse. this is why wii has had more software sales than the other two big names: the audience is eating up everything, regardless of the 'hardcore' definition of 'quality'. remember, investors dont care about you. they dont care about quality. they care about money, and wii sports resort and wii music are going to make ALOT of money, arguably more than any 'core' game could possiby hope to achieve on the wii.

thats not to say i wasnt disappointed by the lack of some juicy new announcements, but business is business.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
Nintendo shows the "hardcore" plenty of love. It's the "hardcore" that don't show them any love by not buying the games. Or maybe there aren't as many of you "hardcore" as you think? Playing to their hardcore didn't exactly help the Nintendo 64, and it really didn't help the Gamecube, as we can tell from hardware sales data. Fire Emblem never had to leave Japan. But it did, and you all didn't buy it. No More Heroes never had to get Nintendo's approval to be published. But it did, and nobody bought that. Metroid Prime 3 didn't have to come out. But it did, and you all didn't buy it. If I'm Nintendo, and I know I can sell a few milli putting out a Nintendogs, or a few thousand putting out Punch-Out!!, what would I do? I'd put out 4 different versions of Nintendogs.Paul_Phoenicks
I agree I bought 2 of those games I still need Fire Emblem but I need money first.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

My problem with Nintendo this gen is that all the core games I've played (Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Twilight Princess, Mario Kart, Brawl) this gen seem dumbed down to suit the casual gamer. I mean really Nintendo, if the average casual gamer lacks the intelligence to play a real core game which hasn't been dumbed down to benefit them then there's something wrong with humanity. The games were p***-easy, and because of this they were extremely lacklustre. In my opinion, if they're going to dumb down their core series in the future, then there's no point in calling them hardcore games anymore.super_mario_128
I'm sorry...but Mario galaxy wasn't dumded down.

Try beating Luigi's purple coins and saying that.