Nintendo's Incompetence as a Hardware Maker is Proof They Should Leave the Business

• 50 results
#1 Posted by kratos445 (2 posts) -

Bloodborne, Spiderman, Order 1886, Infamous Second Son, Killzone Shadowfall, Death Stranding, Persona 5, Sekiro, Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3, Mortal Kombat 11, Call of Duty Modern Warfare.

These are just some of my favorite games I can play on hardware that is actually made for developers.

Let me tell you something, I'm not a fanboy, I simply go where the games go. Nintendo has done nothing in the last two decades to show the industry that they're serious about making hardware. Their hardware is the reason no developer in their right mind would even make games for them because their hardware HOLDS THEM BACK. Nintendo simply doesn't get this, and the ONLY way for them to realize this is if everyone that works for them gets fired and replaced with Sony employees. You know, the company that actually cares about GAMERS.

Games like Bloodborne are proof that Nintendo should make games on PS4 since a game like Bloodborne would never be possible on a Nintendo system.

#2 Posted by mandzilla (4195 posts) -

Moved this thread to System Wars, have fun.

#3 Posted by Fedor (5357 posts) -

@kratos445: So all future games should be PC only since it has by far the best potential hardware. No more fooling around With inferior hardware like the PS4. Great post, op.

#4 Posted by The_Stand_In (1078 posts) -

Bloodborne is a terrible example....

It often runs at sub-30 frames per second...on the PS4, a console with a potato CPU, and is being held back thusly.

Like Fedor said, we should all buy high end gaming PCs and consoles should be thrown in the trash.

#5 Posted by Telekill (8594 posts) -

Nintendo hardware hasn't been competitive power-wise since Gamecube. They focused on other aspects which is why we have Switch. I'm going to go on a limb and guess that Switch could be the last console they make and that they move completely into the handheld only space regardless of cell phones and tablets.

I have the Switch because it has a focus of family friendly couch co-op games. Something seriously lacking anywhere else.

Nintendo has its space. That space simply doesn't exist around you at this time. It didn't exist around me either for a while. Not until I had kids. Once the kids have grown and moved on, I doubt I'll bother with Nintendo.

#6 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36593 posts) -

Guess 2004-2015 will never be done to you people, huh?

#7 Posted by Blazepanzer24 (214 posts) -

There really isn't anything on the switch yet that quips my interest and given that Nintendo basically used the Wii U as a Beta Test for the Switch as far as I'm concerned, I don't trust them.

Sony and to a lesser extent Microsoft had the exclusives I'd be interested in. Key word being HAD. With Sunset Overdrive, Forza motersports, Halo, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Senren Kagura, Digimon, and Sword art online Series coming to the PC, There's not much use for my PS4 and no reason for me to buy an Xbox One. Now if Physical media was a valuable now as it was back in the pre-seventh generation, I'd have a different story.

That's not to say I'd build an ultra-high dollar PC though, as if I had unlimited funds I'd probably spend a bit more on more durable parts and hard drive space as apposed to making the PC massively more powerful. Things like adding 7 or 8 Terabytes worth of hard drive capacity, having a decent 80+ Gold certified PSU, and a better motherboard. At most I'd only upgrade to a AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and maybe a Radon Vega 56. Might go from 16 GB of 2667 MHz DDR4 Ram to 24 GB of 3000 MHz DDR4 ram as well. But that's really about it.

#8 Posted by Fedor (5357 posts) -

@blazepanzer24: Change that 2600 to a 3600 and the 24gb of 3000mhz to 32gb of 3200ghz and you have a build that makes sense.

#9 Edited by sakaiXx (6086 posts) -

Ps4 has Bloodborne, Switch don't have Bloodborne.

Bloodborne 2 please

#10 Posted by Archangel3371 (28554 posts) -

Well good luck with that opinion. ?

#11 Posted by Heirren (2324 posts) -

If nintendos hardware holds back developers, why is it that nintendo games sell more copies?

#12 Edited by DaVillain- (38153 posts) -
@kratos445 said:

Bloodborne, Spiderman, Order 1886, Infamous Second Son, Killzone Shadowfall, Death Stranding, Persona 5, Sekiro, Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3, Mortal Kombat 11, Call of Duty Modern Warfare.

These are just some of my favorite games I can play on hardware that is actually made for developers.

Let me tell you something, I'm not a fanboy, I simply go where the games go.

Yeah? You sure could've fool me with that username lol.

#13 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36593 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@kratos445 said:

Let me tell you something, I'm not a fanboy, I simply go where the games go.

Yeah? You sure could've fool me with that username lol.

And... there's TOTALLY nothing fanboyish at all about begging rivals to kill their business. /sarcasm

I'm pretty sheep, and even I wouldn't want Sony and MS out of the business.

#14 Posted by jaydan (2492 posts) -

hai guiz i wana make a trash thred butt lemme make a new accnt 1st

#15 Edited by uninspiredcup (35084 posts) -

Gothic II, 15 years ago.

Breath Of The Wild 15 years later.

#16 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36593 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Because of course you would...

Loading Video...

#17 Posted by ProtossRushX (5701 posts) -

Nintendo has 6 games in the top 10 best selling games in the U.S. last month and things are going to stay like this for next month too.

Sony and Microsoft have zero games in the top ten /golf clap

#18 Edited by Pedro (35649 posts) -

Why get all worked up? The gaming market is mostly driven by trends. The Switch sports hardware mostly identical to the WiiU and many of the games were ported from the WiiU to Switch but the Switch selling boatloads. Why? Because the media and gamers were convinced that the Switch games despite being the same were better because it's the Switch. There is no meaningful logic it's just trending and trends are just how console gaming works. No one really cares about hardware unless hardware specs and performance is trending. The same applies for graphics, fps etc. Developers would go where the money is at and not where the potential of gaming is best.

#19 Edited by lamprey263 (36212 posts) -

The Switch is decent for what it is, a handheld console hybrid. The main selling point to a Nintendo system is Nintendo games, so no need to push hardware to its limits. And they're doing much better now.

I think it was smart to make the Switch, now they don't have to divide focus between systems like they did will Wii and DS, 3DS and Wii U. Now, if they could just let the 3DS go... but they can't.

#20 Posted by p3anut (6312 posts) -

Nintendo played the power card and the N64 and Gamecube were stronger than Sony's console and they still lost the sales war. Both the Wii and Wiiu had amazing games even tho the hardware was weak against it's competition. Can't really blame them for going a different route after the GC.

#21 Edited by freedom01 (3422 posts) -

@kratos445 said:

Let me tell you something, I'm not a fanboy, I simply go where the games go. Nintendo has done nothing in the last two decades to show the industry that they're serious about making hardware. Their hardware is the reason no developer in their right mind would even make games for them because their hardware HOLDS THEM BACK. Nintendo simply doesn't get this, and the ONLY way for them to realize this is if everyone that works for them gets fired and replaced with Sony employees. You know, the company that actually cares about GAMERS.

Games like Bloodborne are proof that Nintendo should make games on PS4 since a game like Bloodborne would never be possible on a Nintendo system.

yup, you're definitely not a fanboy, even though you just named some Sony Exclusives, that username, saying that Nintendo should replace their staff with Sony staffs, Bloodborne. yeah...we believe you /s

#22 Posted by djoffer (1460 posts) -

Soo boxrekt got another alt ehh?

#23 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (2875 posts) -

I like PC and all but I think the Switch is pretty damn cool.

#24 Posted by pyro1245 (5264 posts) -

While I agree that Nintendo hardware design is foobar, I don't believe you are not a fanboy.

#25 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (19287 posts) -

@kratos445 said:

#26 Edited by AJStyles (1104 posts) -

@heirren: Because Nintendo has no games worth playing on their terrible systems.

The hardware is bad so 3rd parties can’t make great games for it.

Nintendo owners and gamers in general know this. So since the Wii/wiiU/Switch has no games worth playing, all the owners are forced to buy Nintendo’s games.

Want to play a racing game on switch? Your choices are Mario Kart....and....that’s it.

Want to play a fighting game? Your choices are SSB or.....Street Fighter 2 SNES port. :/

That is the only reason why Nintendo’s games continue to sell so well. Their systems suffer from massive game droughts and the owners are desperate to play anything so they all buy Mario Kart etc.

#27 Posted by Heirren (2324 posts) -

@ajstyles:

Point still stands.

Theres quite a bit on Nintendo eshop, tbh. Whether most of it is any good i cannot answer that as theres maybe 2000 games.

Your hardware argument simply doesnt stand. So now any 360 or ps3 games are no longer good because newer hardware is out? Lmfao. Cmon now. Nintendo games sell because theyre high quality, its why people buy the hardware.

#28 Posted by onesiphorus (2945 posts) -

If you don't like brothels, don't go to them.

#29 Posted by AJStyles (1104 posts) -

@heirren: Nintendo’s games are not high quality.

They are updated lazy low budget ports which they resell to the same fanboys every gen.

Most of the switch library consists of Wii u ports which are really just updated Wii/GameCube games.

Most of Nintendo’s games are designed to be cheap and shallow experiences with no effort cartoon graphics which have no textures.

Nintendo is so lazy now they make their fanboys create levels for them in Super Mario Maker.

They are not “High Quality”. They are low budget and barebones. Are you blind? Or are your standards so low that everything Nintendo does is an automatic 10/10?

Take off the fanboy goggles bro. Nintendo is the king of shovel ware and the fanboys keep consuming it and beg for more LMAO

#30 Posted by phbz (4681 posts) -

Let's ignore they put out some of the highest rated games ever, hardware is what really matters. We must stop Nintendo!

#31 Edited by Heirren (2324 posts) -

@ajstyles:

Try harder. Even developers cite them as the defacto developer.

#32 Posted by dzimm (5563 posts) -

Trolls are so much more fun when they're subtle. The OP is the equivalent of tossing bait into the water and then vigorously splashing so as to scare all the fish away.

#33 Posted by xhawk27 (11399 posts) -

Microsoft after the 360 mess, sure has made quality hardware.

#34 Edited by DaVillain- (38153 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@uninspiredcup: Because of course you would...

Loading Video...

I never heard of Gothic games but what's so special about those games?

#35 Posted by lundy86_4 (53870 posts) -

Righto...

#36 Posted by Planeforger (18106 posts) -

@ajstyles: I really hope that you're deliberately trolling. Your posts are so far removed from reality that you must be actively trying to be wrong about every single point.

Anyway, I was amused by your suggestion that the Switch was suffering a game drought. I'd love a game drought at some point - it would give me a chance to play more of the 70+ Switch games I already own. I've been playing the Switch non-stop since launch, and the amount of quality game releases is staggering.

Compare the next four months of Nintendo and Sony's line-ups, and then get back to us about who is in a drought.

#38 Edited by uninspiredcup (35084 posts) -

@davillain-: Gothics shit in multiple respects. Abyssal controls, terrible voice work, bugs through it's anus but it's world and how you influence it, along with irrelevant, die in 2 seconds pleb to overpowered god is some of the best seen in an RPG.

The original Gothic is also a really, really great prison game. If you watch shows like Oz, it's that but set in Lord Of The Rings with less male-on-male rape.

Loading Video...

Edit - Who designed this forum? Put edit directly 0.5 inches right next to delete, and have a undelete button that displays "you have already deleted the thread" upon clicking it. Incredible stuff.

#39 Posted by Vaidream45 (2036 posts) -

@kratos445: making hardware isn’t just about power. Nintendo is the only one of the big 3 who is actually making unique hardware. They brought us the Wii, DS, 3DS, Switch while the others(though great for other reasons) just make cheap pc’s with a custom UI. I have a pc for power. Nintendo brings the fun and makes gaming fun and different. If TC doesn’t have a powerful pc and instead has a ps4 or xbone this is just funny and you are getting neither the power nor the innovation that is out there.

#40 Posted by Speeny (1983 posts) -

I couldn't care less. :P

#41 Posted by WitIsWisdom (5370 posts) -

People acting as though Nintendo never produces any good games are ridiculous. Just because you don't own every console doesn't mean you wouldn't play some games on them that you can't on your console of choice if you did.

#42 Posted by jcrame10 (5229 posts) -

I am confused is this post supposed to be defending Nintendo or no?

@uninspiredcup said:

Gothic II, 15 years ago.

Breath Of The Wild 15 years later.

#43 Posted by uninspiredcup (35084 posts) -

@jcrame10 said:

I am confused is this post supposed to be defending Nintendo or no?

t

#44 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8706 posts) -

@fedor said:

@kratos445: So all future games should be PC only since it has by far the best potential hardware. No more fooling around With inferior hardware like the PS4. Great post, op.

this wraps his argument up pretty well

#45 Posted by Techhog89 (3797 posts) -

Who hurt you?

#46 Posted by Wiiboxstation (1398 posts) -

Killzone Shadowfall. Nobody plays this trash OP.

#47 Posted by Wiiboxstation (1398 posts) -

@uninspiredcup:

I'll take the game with the 97% Metacritic score over the game with a 79% Metacritic score.

#48 Edited by uninspiredcup (35084 posts) -

@wiiboxstation said:

@uninspiredcup:

I'll take the game with the 97% Metacritic score over the game with a 79% Metacritic score.

That's cool. I'll use my brain and think for myself. You enjoy that re-enforced validation young man.

#49 Posted by KBFloYd (21904 posts) -

nintendo winning NPD and japan is getting to cows.

#50 Posted by hiphops_savior (8474 posts) -

@blazepanzer24: Actually, investing in a Gold standard power unit might be the best investment you could make for your PC.