Nintendo will NOT host a live E3 Press event, Plans TBA

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170428_2e.pdf

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Yeah boy, Nintendo going Direct to the gamer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

They don't say anything about Nintendo Direct?

Just no conference.

Which is fucking lame.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Eh, if they announce some cool games I don't give a s*** either way. I've never hated the Direct set-up

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

Well their conferences are always a joke, so I don't blame them lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

Well there goes the "Nintendo is going to blow us away at E3" hype. Looks like Nintendo is proving its not in the race yet again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Pedro said:

Well there goes the "Nintendo is going to blow us away at E3" hype. Looks like Nintendo is proving its not in the race yet again.

I was under the impression that announcements at E3 do not have to be done on a live stage. Silly me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pedro

@charizard1605 said:
@Pedro said:

I was under the impression that announcements at E3 do not have to be done on a live stage. Silly me.

Very silly of you indeed, confusing a presentation with an simple announcement. Its OK to feel disappointed its what Nintendo fans has grown a custom to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Pedro said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Pedro said:

Very silly of you indeed, confusing a presentation with an simple announcement. Its OK to feel disappointed its what Nintendo fans has grown a custom to.

Ah, yes, announcements can only come at presentations

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

So long as we get some great game announcements I don't care what their methods for delivery are. Besides, the last Nintendo conference I watched was the Switch reveal which was a train wreck to watch.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

disappointing

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

To me and vast majority of gamers, streaming conference has no difference from streaming ND.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

ROFL. And i thought they were out of their Nintendo Direct filmed in a basement somewhere.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FireEmblem_Man

@Telekill said:

So long as we get some great game announcements I don't care what their methods for delivery are. Besides, the last Nintendo conference I watched was the Switch reveal which was a train wreck to watch.

Yes, I am hoping for new game announcements for the Switch.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

No E3 press conference because the Switch is temporarily tapped out. They have no more cards to play till December

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

People act as if most press conferences at e3 arent a complete travesty. The spectacle of a live event is fun and all but ultimately unnecessary given how few actually deliver. Besides any chance we get at some more nintendo muppet skits is a good thing lol

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

how much does it really cost to rent out a theater just for a press conference

Manticored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 Manticored
Member since 2017 • 217 Posts

The biggest gaming event of the entire year just after the release of their newest system and they're MIA? Yikes..

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jhcho2

@resevl4rlz said:

I doubt it's about the cost. It has probably more to do with Nintendo's xenophobic culture, and the need to prepare a press conference. You need trump cards to have a good press conference

Manticored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Manticored

@jhcho2 said:
@resevl4rlz said:

I doubt it's about the cost. It has probably more to do with Nintendo's xenophobic culture, and the need to prepare a press conference. You need trump cards to have a good press conference

Or the possibility that they really have nothing to show, I cannot be the only person on Earth who thinks the Switch came to market well before it was really ready for software.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jhcho2

@22Toothpicks said:

People act as if most press conferences at e3 arent a complete travesty. The spectacle of a live event is fun and all but ultimately unnecessary given how few actually deliver. Besides any chance we get at some more nintendo muppet skits is a good thing lol

What you call a travesty is actually marketing. The reason for Sony's success this gen, and Microsoft lagging behind Sony.....has everything to do with E3, namely E3 2013. If it wasn't for that, things may have turned out very differently.

And just because Nintendo doesn't believe in E3s, doesn't mean it is the case for other companies. Besides, Nintendo is in last place right now. Perhaps they should rethink their philosophies

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

Oh, Nintendo.

Manticored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Manticored

@GameboyTroy said:

Oh, Nintendo.

People seem to think that just because they released the Switch that they're somehow a different company than the one that released the Wii U. They haven't changed, they're not a different company, everything they did then is exactly what they're doing now.

They didn't reinvent themselves, they simply released a new piece of hardware.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jhcho2

@manticored said:
@jhcho2 said:
@resevl4rlz said:

Or the possibility that they really have nothing to show, I cannot be the only person on Earth who thinks the Switch came to market well before it was really ready for software.

All of Nintendo's consoles appear that way. That is precisely why Nintendo cannot survive with 3rd party support. Even both Sony and Microsoft consoles had a dry run of first party games after launch, but they relied on 3rd party games to populate the console before the big guns were out

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

E3 is the biggest event for the video gaming business. I think Nintendo is slowly calling it quits for the console business and just going mobile where they're more successful. Having a whole conference for their systems which heavily focuses on the mobile aspects probably just isn't worth it anymore for them. They've been downsizing for a few years now especially with their E3 showings. I still hope to see something from them and I'm pretty sure they'll still have booths and demos in the show floor which I'll get my hands on.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I've never seen a company with so much potential be content with not leveraging it their fullest advantage. They don't even try.

All the worse, so many jump to their defense.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

No surprise, what should they had showed us? sales numbers and Xmas mario only?

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

Hmm will wait and see what their plans are. Maybe they mean it will be small scale? Either way, I want them to push the PR as much as possible but I'll hold judgement until I know what these alternative plans are

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Well that blows. Nintendo has always been a great contributor to the post E3 cringe compilations when they do have stage events.

@jhcho2 said:

No E3 press conference because the Switch is temporarily tapped out.

Hmm, that never stopped the other companies from having a big conference.

And on the flip side, Nintendo has avoided conferences even when they did have plenty to announce and show.

@jhcho2 said:

You need trump cards to have a good press conference

...you haven't seen many E3's have you?

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Meh. Don't think it matters, really.

Presentations are just to hype things. But the same effect is achieved with a pre-recorded video Direct aired at a specific time. Information is delivered, everyone is happy.

mcreloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mcreloaded
Member since 2017 • 48 Posts

I feel Nintendo doesnt really care anymore. They have their first party games that the fanbase will buy and they're sticking with that.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

After seeing the Switch stage presentation, it's probably for the best. Stick to "to the point" Directs.

Plus they probably haven't got enough to announce to fill a stage presentation anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

@jhcho2 said:

No E3 press conference because the Switch is temporarily tapped out. They have no more cards to play till December

I agree with this and see it this way. They announced what they have coming and a few games coming this year and some TBA titles. I figured they'd do a surprise showcase of Metroid or something grand and then focus on whats to come for the console as well and talk about the online portion of the Switch as well as features, etc...

Kind of lame to be honest...

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FireEmblem_Man

@hrt_rulz01 said:

After seeing the Switch stage presentation, it's probably for the best. Stick to "to the point" Directs.

Plus they probably haven't got enough to announcement to fill a stage presentation anyway.

There's still a matter of the current situation of the VC for the Switch, what Nintendo's Online Infrastructure be compared to the excellent Xbox Live and Obsolete PSN+ services. and what is their 3rd party titles coming out for the rest of summer, fall, and winter.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Plus they probably haven't got enough to announcement to fill a stage presentation anyway.

There's still a matter of the current situation of the VC for the Switch, what Nintendo's Online Infrastructure be compared to the excellent Xbox Live and Obsolete PSN+ services. and what is their 3rd party titles coming out for the rest of summer, fall, and winter.

Hey dude that's sacrilege on these forums... can't say anything bad about PS (even though you're spot on). Lol.

Anyway, yes you're right. They need to clear up that online/VC stuff... but maybe it's still not ready? Who knows.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

well thats kinda a bummer..so hopefully does not mean no new games to show. :P

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

@jhcho2:

Youre arguing against points that im not even making. :\

And i dont know what to say of your ramblings about e3 being a big part of sony's or anyone's success. I mean wtf

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

I've never seen a company with so much potential be content with not leveraging it their fullest advantage. They don't even try.

All the worse, so many jump to their defense.

Jump to their defense with regards to their handling of E3? In the end whether they go on stage or do their own direct, I really don't care as long as I get good games to look forward to. I don't need flashy lights and a screaming audience to get excited for video games.

Outside of that, no matter how Nintendo presents their games, gaming outlets will cover whatever they announce and information on what they announce will spread regardless.

Avatar image for 666BumbleBee666
666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 666BumbleBee666
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

Nintendoomed making more mistakes. Not only do they love to **** their consumers over but they are removing the opportunity for E3 hype from their dwindling fanbase. Ha ha ha, oh how the mighty have fallen.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@666BumbleBee666 said:

Nintendoomed making more mistakes. Not only do they love to **** their consumers over but they are removing the opportunity for E3 hype from their dwindling fanbase. Ha ha ha, oh how the mighty have fallen.

They will beat Microsoft in sales this gen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@n64dd said:
@666BumbleBee666 said:

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

@manticored said:

The biggest gaming event of the entire year just after the release of their newest system and they're MIA? Yikes..

MIA? Nintendo is always at E3. They may not be doing a stage presentation anymore but they still are on the show floor. Nintendo won the show floor with just Zelda BOTW last year.

Avatar image for 666BumbleBee666
666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 666BumbleBee666
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

@Pedro said:
@n64dd said:
@666BumbleBee666 said:

Couldn't have reacted better. Even if they did somehow beat Microsoft in sales it is not like it matters. Sales are not everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#46 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@jhcho2 said:

What you call a travesty is actually marketing. The reason for Sony's success this gen, and Microsoft lagging behind Sony.....has everything to do with E3, namely E3 2013. If it wasn't for that, things may have turned out very differently.

And just because Nintendo doesn't believe in E3s, doesn't mean it is the case for other companies. Besides, Nintendo is in last place right now. Perhaps they should rethink their philosophies

I have to agree with you. Microsoft blundered horribly with the XBox One announcement, and Sony capitalized on that big-time with the PS4 events. I'm not sure things would have turned out much different - I mean, tbh, Sony has much better exclusives going for them than Microsoft atm. If anything they'd probably be doing about the same otherwise.

But opinions aside, I think Nintendo is failing to see the importance of E3 in the grand scope of the gaming world. Especially following a console release early in the year. Furthermore, maybe some developers are working on third-party games for the Switch, and would have liked to use E3 to really highlight things they are working on for that console. Now Nintendo has taken away their prime opportunity to show them off. Sure, they can show their games at their own event if they are holding one, but it probably won't get the coverage and notice it would if it were featured in or around the Nintendo showings.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@666BumbleBee666 said:
@Pedro said:
@n64dd said:
@666BumbleBee666 said:

Couldn't have reacted better. Even if they did somehow beat Microsoft in sales it is not like it matters. Sales are not everything.

True you need games. Like Breath of the Wild which is better than any game on xbox one.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

No!!!! Oh wait I like Nintendo Direct more.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Doesn't matter. The media and youtubers will spread the word for them anyway. The only thing that matters if the hardware is good, and there is a steady flow of great titles.