SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-says-more-3ds-franchises-are-coming-to-sw/1100-6471031/

Nintendo is rumoured to be considering bringing a range of cancelled 3DS games to Nintendo Switch, including a previously-cancelled Fire Emblem game.

In an interview with Kinda Funny, former Game Informer editor, Imran Khan, spoke at length about what he'd learned about Nintendo's plans, including details about the recent shuttering of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey developer, Alpha Dream, after it sold just 11,000 copies in its debut month.

As a result of the RPG's lukewarm sales, Nintendo reportedly scaled back other 3DS plans, including several games that were already mid-development such as Style Savvy and, reportedly, an unannounced Fire Emblem game.

"I know there was another Fire Emblem remake in the works for 3DS and that was one of the things that they shuttered," Khan said (thanks, VG24/7). "So maybe that's one of the things they'll bring forward in the future."

The result is encouraging for Pokemon games coming next month. Nintendo chief Furukawa said company would make more 3DS franchises available on Switch to convey appeal of Lite.

— Takashi Mochizuki (@mochi_wsj)October 31, 2019

On its own, of course, this rumour is precisely that: a rumour, and nothing more. However, just a few days ago Wall Street Journal reporter Takashi Mochizuki made a similar claim, telling Twitter: "Nintendo chief Furukawa said company would make more 3DS franchises available on Switch to convey appeal of Lite".

This is pretty cool news. The Switch is becoming an amazing device. I wonder what 3DS games will come. They should bring as many a possible, along with the mentioned canceled projects. What do you think, Switch fans? Excited?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

I’d be down for that. I’d love to see Kid Icarus: Uprising on the Switch. The game was great and quite fun however the controls on the original 3DS really hurt it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

It's very vague. New entries in once popular 3DS franchises... sure, that's always been possible, perhaps even likely. Remakes? That is as uncertain as ever, this information doesn't make that any more or less likely than it was before.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I’d be down for that. I’d love to see Kid Icarus: Uprising on the Switch. The game was great and quite fun however the controls on the original 3DS really hurt it.

They should just do a full sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising. It was among the best games released on the 3DS despite its control discomforts. It had high production values with its voice work and scripting, and varied gameplay styles.

But who should make a Kid Icarus sequel if so? Would Sakurai have the time to make another one if he's going to be busy with Smash Bros. Ultimate for who knows how long?

On topic: just how would they plan to bring 3DS games to the Switch? I would best assume that would be tough considering 3DS games use two screens. They'd have to rework a lot of these games just to fit on the Switch.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26086 Posts

@jaydan said:
@Archangel3371 said:

They should just do a full sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising. It was among the best games released on the 3DS despite its control discomforts. It had high production values with its voice work and scripting, and varied gameplay styles.

But who should make a Kid Icarus sequel if so? Would Sakurai have the time to make another one if he's going to be busy with Smash Bros. Ultimate for who knows how long?

On topic: just how would they plan to bring 3DS games to the Switch? I would best assume that would be tough considering 3DS games use two screens. They'd have to rework a lot of these games just to fit on the Switch.

3DS games, due to only having one 3D screen and one touch screen, never really depended on dual screen gameplay like the DS did. The touch screen functions on a 3DS game can simply be assigned to other controls; by comparison DS games required two screens to even function well.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jaydan  Online

@Willy105 said:
@jaydan said:
@Archangel3371 said:

3DS games, due to only having one 3D screen and one touch screen, never really depended on dual screen gameplay like the DS did. The touch screen functions on a 3DS game can simply be assigned to other controls; by comparison DS games required two screens to even function well.

Truth there. I mean they did a good job bringing The World Ends With You to the Switch, but it depends on the game and how demanded they are with dual screen play. I couldn't even begin to think about how they could begin to bring a game like Elite Beat Agents over to the Switch.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Willy105
@jaydan said:
@Willy105 said:
@jaydan said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Truth there. I mean they did a good job bringing The World Ends With You to the Switch, but it depends on the game and how demanded they are with dual screen play. I couldn't even begin to think about how they could begin to bring a game like Elite Beat Agents over to the Switch.

Elite Beat Agents would be really easy, actually. You simply move the icons over on top of the animations.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jaydan  Online

@Willy105 said:
@jaydan said:
@Willy105 said:
@jaydan said:

Elite Beat Agents would be really easy, actually. You simply move the icons over on top of the animations.

Don't you think that could be a bit much on one screen though? Also the lack of a stylus can be a problem with that game. I mean your finger can technically work but that wouldn't be as comfortable or precise as using a stylus.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Yes, please.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

@jaydan: I’d like a sequel to it as well, it really was a well made game.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Totally down for this too. Switch just keeps getting better

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

Only on nintendo people are excited for ports.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1228 Posts

Maybe they'll port Samus Returns .... I bet they'll charge a reasonable price for it /s

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lundy86_4  Online

@sakaixx said:

Riiiiiight... lol. SotC, KH, Crash Bandicoot, TLoU, GTAV, UC, Gravity Rush, GoW, Okami, Spyro, Resident Evil, Valkyria Chronicles... Should I continue?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Samus Returns, please?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@sakaixx: I'm a Sony guy and I've always liked remakes/remaster etc. So your statement is just BS if we're being honest.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

this is great news!

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#18  Edited By freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

canceled games........MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3!!!! make it happen Nintendo/Capcom

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Totally down for this too. Switch just keeps getting better

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sakaiXx

@lundy86_4 said:
@sakaixx said:

Riiiiiight... lol. SotC, KH, Crash Bandicoot, TLoU, GTAV, UC, Gravity Rush, GoW, Okami, Spyro, Resident Evil, Valkyria Chronicles... Should I continue?

I am glad all of those is somehow associated with playstation team. Hope for more exclusive contents from them!

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Lol, this is to cute. You were always bitching about how many remasters and such the ps4 was getting, now its all fine and dandy for the switch? Your fanboy is showing like usual.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sakaiXx

@vfighter: glad u like remasters but I see no point in them. Most of those on PlayStation can be done with magic called backward compability. Too bad Sony was pretty half assed on this even for digital ps2 games. I mean come on, I can play Rogue Galaxy with all those jagged edges and terrible framerate intact on PS4 but cannot play Suikoden 3 that I bought digitally for PS3.

I do like remake though. These is ok on my book, for now.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

Samus Returns would be cool. If it wouldn't be full price, it would be even cooler. But knowing Nintendo, a Switch port of the game would probably cost more than the original.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46200 Posts

@Litchie said:

Samus Returns would be cool. If it wouldn't be full price, it would be even cooler. But knowing Nintendo, a Switch port of the game would probably cost more than the original.

lol, this

I'd love to see Luigi's mansion remake and Samus Returns on Switch, but I don't know if I'd be williing to pay Nintendo's exuberant prices.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

I've been expecting this since the inception of Switch. About time.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lundy86_4  Online

@sakaixx said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@sakaixx said:

I am glad all of those is somehow associated with playstation team. Hope for more exclusive contents from them!

That's not what you posted, you complete lemon.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@vfighter said:

@hrt_rulz01: Lol, this is to cute. You were always bitching about how many remasters and such the ps4 was getting, now its all fine and dandy for the switch? Your fanboy is showing like usual.

You have some kind of weird obsession with me don't you? Lol.

Anyway, please show me where I was "always bitching" about remasters on PS4... as usual you're full of sh*t. You are the last person to accuse someone else of their fanboy showing. Lmao.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Willy105

@jaydan: I don't think it will be too much in one screen, especially with competent UI and UX design to make it work.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Shocking....

Nintendo wants to port more games to switch.

This company is the definition of cheap and lazy.

And Sheep praise this. It’s so weird.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

@ajstyles said:

Shocking....

Yeah. And Playstation remasters gets praise as well. So weird. And PC remasters also gets praise! So very, very weird. So weird. Everyone are so cheap, lazy and weird!

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#32 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@sakaixx said:

PS4 had a lot of PS3 games come to it.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

That's great. I never owned a 3ds and I'm not really into handheld gaming.

I do know that I missed a lot of good stuff tho.

LeonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LeonFreeman
Member since 2019 • 30 Posts

I’d rather have GameCube games. It’s time for Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime 1 and 2 to get remastered.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7221 Posts

I'd rather they released metroid prime trilogy and f-zero back from the dead.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

Hm... I wouldn't mind seeing some more Pokemon games released on the switch, irregardless if they where modified virtual console releases or remastered or collections.

Maybe this is Nindendo's plan... give the switch a ten year life cycle using the mini as a handheld only budget console, the original switch as a hybrid, and maybe a pro model hone console only version with 4K upscaling. All the while re-releasing classics to go along with designing new games or reviving the work done on canceled projects. Could be popular too if they keep things relatively micro-transaction free.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sakaiXx

@Coolyfett: and?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lundy86_4  Online
@lundy86_4 said:
@sakaixx said:

Gonna respond to others, and not to me?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#39 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I'm 100% for this!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sakaiXx
@lundy86_4 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@sakaixx said:

Gonna respond to others, and not to me?

as said to other, I don't like remasters even if its playstation only. I do hope for more exclusive contents for those series you mentioned.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7221 Posts

I think the switch could have an unusually long lifecycle as people do see it as a handheld and they most of the time have longer lifespans.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#42 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69362 Posts

Good. Its about time they treat the Switch as a 3DS replacement.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

All I want is a Link Between World remaster and an Ocarina/Majora double pack

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts
@ajstyles said:

Shocking....

God of War 3, Last of Us, Dark Souls, Grim Fandango, Medievil, GTAV, Shadow of the Colossus, Resident Evil 2, Uncharted Collection, Minecraft, Bioshock Collection, Batman Collection, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, etc.

People want to play old games whether they're ports, remasters, or remakes.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22631 Posts

The Metroid game on 3ds, Samus returns? That game should already be on switch... I can't believe it hasn't been ported yet.