Nintendo Trademarks STEAM

  • 67 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#1 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

A string of new trademarks were recently filed by Kadokawa Games, Square Enix, and Nintendo. Nintendo’s is rather long, actually.

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace (filed April 2)

Is this a new IP Nintendo is working on? Probably Miyamoto's rumored shooter?

SOURCE

Avatar image for PinkieWinkie
#2 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

Nintendo? New IP?

Lol no.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#3 Edited by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

Nintendo? New IP?

Lol no.

The Wonderful 101, X, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower,Wii, Geist, Eternal Darkness, Endless Ocean, and Disaster, all major new console, retail IPs from Nintendo in the last ten years, say hi.

Stop spouting ignorance.

Avatar image for always_explicit
#4 Posted by always_explicit (3379 posts) -

Terrible name for a game.

Avatar image for PinkieWinkie
#5 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@charizard1605: So 2 games that scored over an 80 on MC in 10 years? LOL.

Thanks for proving my point.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#6 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5262 posts) -

A Nintendo shooter? :O

Avatar image for jake44
#7 Posted by jake44 (2085 posts) -

It probably would be a really polished game.

Avatar image for nini200
#8 Edited by nini200 (11484 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@charizard1605: So 2 games that scored over an 80 on MC in 10 years? LOL.

Thanks for proving my point.

Lol why do fanboys always do this?

When someone proves that Nintendo has come up with alot of new ip's, they change the subject to talk about review scores or other subjects and completely avoid giving credit for actually producing New IP's? Lol

This happens all too frequently here on the glorious System Wars lol

On topic:

I'm actually not feeling the title STEAM for a game and especially one as non-catchy as that super long madness that it stands for.

They will HAVE to shorten the name and advertise it if they expect this to have any impact in the gaming community.

Avatar image for hiphops_savior
#9 Posted by hiphops_savior (8447 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@charizard1605: So 2 games that scored over an 80 on MC in 10 years? LOL.

Thanks for proving my point.

Lol why do fanboys always do this?

When someone proves that Nintendo has come up with alot of new ip's, they change the subject to talk about review scores or other subjects and completely avoid giving credit for actually producing New IP's? Lol

This happens all too frequently here on the glorious System Wars lol

Yeah, I don't even know where the goalpost lies these days.

Avatar image for Gargus
#10 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Nintendo? New IP?

Lol no.

The Wonderful 101, X, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower,Wii, Geist, Eternal Darkness, Endless Ocean, and Disaster, all major new console, retail IPs from Nintendo in the last ten years, say hi.

Stop spouting ignorance.

Nintendo did not develop those internally using Nintendo first party teams. Nintendo doesn't own them personally. Other game developers made them and nintendo merely published them.

Perhaps you should reconsider who is spouting ignorance. Then again fanboys tend to talk of others speaking ignorance but never realize they speak it almost constantly.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#11 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@Gargus said:

@charizard1605 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Nintendo? New IP?

Lol no.

The Wonderful 101, X, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower,Wii, Geist, Eternal Darkness, Endless Ocean, and Disaster, all major new console, retail IPs from Nintendo in the last ten years, say hi.

Stop spouting ignorance.

Nintendo did not develop those internally using Nintendo first party teams. Nintendo doesn't own them personally. Other game developers made them and nintendo merely published them.

Perhaps you should reconsider who is spouting ignorance. Then again fanboys tend to talk of others speaking ignorance but never realize they speak it almost constantly.

Let's start with the fact that Wii, Disaster, Cenoblade, X and Endless Ocean are all first party.

Then let us move on to the fact that if 'internal teams' was our classification for counting new IPs, almost none of Sony's stuff would count.

Avatar image for PhazonBlazer
#12 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

Nintendo should just go 4th Party all ready.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#13 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (5262 posts) -

@hiphops_savior said:

@nini200 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@charizard1605: So 2 games that scored over an 80 on MC in 10 years? LOL.

Thanks for proving my point.

Lol why do fanboys always do this?

When someone proves that Nintendo has come up with alot of new ip's, they change the subject to talk about review scores or other subjects and completely avoid giving credit for actually producing New IP's? Lol

This happens all too frequently here on the glorious System Wars lol

Yeah, I don't even know where the goalpost lies these days.

C'mon guys, scores are what matter most. If an IP doesn't score well, it's not a new IP. Duh.

Avatar image for Kaze_no_Mirai
#14 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11763 posts) -

A possible Nintendo FPS? Don't know what to think of that.

Avatar image for Shottayouth13-
#15 Posted by Shottayouth13- (7017 posts) -

@Gargus said:

@charizard1605 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Nintendo? New IP?

Lol no.

The Wonderful 101, X, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower,Wii, Geist, Eternal Darkness, Endless Ocean, and Disaster, all major new console, retail IPs from Nintendo in the last ten years, say hi.

Stop spouting ignorance.

Nintendo did not develop those internally using Nintendo first party teams. Nintendo doesn't own them personally. Other game developers made them and nintendo merely published them.

Perhaps you should reconsider who is spouting ignorance. Then again fanboys tend to talk of others speaking ignorance but never realize they speak it almost constantly.

Yes, Nintendo does in fact own all of the IPs. It's called outsourcing, welcome to the modern world.

And FYI, Disaster and The X series is developed by Monolith Soft, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo.

So yeah, you're spewing nonsense.

Avatar image for crashnburn281
#16 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (1537 posts) -

Will be interesting to see what this turns into. Cant wait for E3.

Avatar image for DJ-Lafleur
#17 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (35549 posts) -

An FPS designed by Miyamoto?

That is something I'd be very interested in checking out.

Avatar image for JangoWuzHere
#18 Edited by JangoWuzHere (19032 posts) -
@DJ-Lafleur said:

An FPS designed by Miyamoto?

That is something I'd be very interested in checking out.

Metroid Prime, hello?

Avatar image for DJ-Lafleur
#19 Edited by DJ-Lafleur (35549 posts) -

@JangoWuzHere said:
@DJ-Lafleur said:

An FPS designed by Miyamoto?

That is something I'd be very interested in checking out.

Metroid Prime, hello?

Um, I don't recall Miyamoto having much to do with Metroid Prime. Wasn't it all pretty much Retro Studios?

EDIT: After looking into it, he did help in producing the game, so there's that I guess.

Avatar image for _Matt_
#20 Posted by _Matt_ (10455 posts) -

That name is beyond awful. Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Mencace? Seriously? Sounds like they were scraping the barrel when trying to think of a clever name.

Avatar image for lglz1337
#21 Posted by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

what? nintendo what are you doing no mario ? WTF

Avatar image for 93BlackHawk93
#22 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (8508 posts) -

Watch how Gargus ignores the ownage he's getting.

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#24 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

I came into this thread thinking PC's Steam Service.

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
#25 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (8106 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Gargus said:

@charizard1605 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Nintendo? New IP?

Lol no.

The Wonderful 101, X, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower,Wii, Geist, Eternal Darkness, Endless Ocean, and Disaster, all major new console, retail IPs from Nintendo in the last ten years, say hi.

Stop spouting ignorance.

Nintendo did not develop those internally using Nintendo first party teams. Nintendo doesn't own them personally. Other game developers made them and nintendo merely published them.

Perhaps you should reconsider who is spouting ignorance. Then again fanboys tend to talk of others speaking ignorance but never realize they speak it almost constantly.

Let's start with the fact that Wii, Disaster, Cenoblade, X and Endless Ocean are all first party.

Then let us move on to the fact that if 'internal teams' was our classification for counting new IPs, almost none of Sony's stuff would count.

Isn't Endless Ocean 2nd Party. Isn't that when a 3rd party game is exclusively published. Arika aren't owned by Nintendo I don't think.

Any how, that game would have been so much better with a more capable GPU given the nature of the game imo, I think Nintendo should try again with it for the Wii U.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#26 Posted by MirkoS77 (12978 posts) -

I swear, this better not be some budget eshop game.

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#27 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

That is just awful.

Avatar image for Mr-Kutaragi
#28 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2466 posts) -

Very good title

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#29 Posted by foxhound_fox (97096 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

Nintendo? New IP?

Lol no.

Just because you don't bother to notice doesn't mean they aren't made.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#30 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9117 posts) -

Seems like a tentative name, like Hyrule Warriors. We don't have anything else to run off of, so I suppose we'll see if they're doing anything with that at E3.

Avatar image for PinkieWinkie
#31 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@nini200: Yeah, lets give them credit for just "trying". Face it, two games scoring over an 80 in the past 10 years is pathetic. As a consumer you should want them to produce quality games and not merely attempt.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#32 Posted by LJS9502_basic (163227 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

Nintendo? New IP?

Lol no.

You sound foolish when you say that....Nintendo does depend on the same game series...but they do create new ones as well.

Avatar image for Heil68
#33 Posted by Heil68 (57960 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Nintendo should just go 4th Party all ready.

Yup

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#34 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (9586 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@nini200: Yeah, lets give them credit for just "trying". Face it, two games scoring over an 80 in the past 10 years is pathetic. As a consumer you should want them to produce and not merely attempt.

Wii Sports Resort, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Eternal Darkness each scored an 80 or above, and it's not like they didn't publish a whole bunch of other IPs that scored 80 or above over that same time frame.

Avatar image for locopatho
#35 Edited by locopatho (23234 posts) -

I'm reminded of Project H.A.M.M.E.R :P

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#36 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (9586 posts) -

Here's hoping the game is a flying game and not an FPS.

Avatar image for PinkieWinkie
#37 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000: lol Wii Sports and going back to gamecube? Sheep are really desperate these days.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#38 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (9586 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@PurpleMan5000: lol Wii Sports and going back to gamecube? Sheep are really desperate these days.

Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus are also both an 80 on Metacritic. I'm sorry you are being owned so hard. Maybe you should try to come up with a few more genres and specific games that don't count because Sony/Microsoft aren't capable of making one good enough to score above an 80.

Avatar image for manicfoot
#39 Posted by manicfoot (2670 posts) -

Sounds like it could be Miyamoto's new IP, as I recall him expressing interest in working on an FPS a while back.

The name is pretty lame, but it's most likely a tentative title. It's do or die for Nintendo at the moment and historically it's times like these that bring out the best in the company. For that reason alone I'm looking forward to hearing more on this.

Avatar image for PinkieWinkie
#40 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000: Lmfao, you owned me with some Wii Fit games? Come on now kid.

Sony new IPs..TLoU, Uncharted, GOW, and Infamous. That's just off the top off my head.

Nintendo can't even hold Sony's jock.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#41 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (9586 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@PurpleMan5000: Lmfao, you owned me with some Wii Fit games? Come on now kid.

Sony new IPs..TLoU, Uncharted, GOW, and Infamous. That's just off the top off my head.

Nintendo can't even hold Sony's jock.

8>4

Avatar image for PinkieWinkie
#42 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@PurpleMan50008: Id rather take higher scoring games. But that's just me.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#43 Edited by MonsieurX (37389 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@PurpleMan5000: Lmfao, you owned me with some Wii Fit games? Come on now kid.

Sony new IPs..TLoU, Uncharted, GOW, and Infamous. That's just off the top off my head.

Nintendo can't even hold Sony's jock.

GoW started on PS2

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#44 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (9586 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@PurpleMan50008: Id rather take higher scoring games. But that's just me.

Most of Nintendo's new IPs are also high scoring, plus they have games like Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, 3D World, Smash, Metroid Prime, Zelda, and Fire Emblem that they release along with their new IPs.

Avatar image for locopatho
#45 Edited by locopatho (23234 posts) -
@PurpleMan5000 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@PurpleMan5000: Lmfao, you owned me with some Wii Fit games? Come on now kid.

Sony new IPs..TLoU, Uncharted, GOW, and Infamous. That's just off the top off my head.

Nintendo can't even hold Sony's jock.

8>4

Starting at the Gamecube/PS2 gen? Ok, then Sony have Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Resistance, Killzone, SOCOM, MAG, Starhawk, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, God Of War, Demon's Souls, Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, White Knight Chronicles, Siren, Infamous, Uncharted, Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Last Of Us, Motorstorm, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Little Big Planet, Modnation Racers, Journey, some casual stuff like Singster, BUZZ and EYETOY and since you count Disaster (which is a pile of shit) Imma list Knack, Genji, Lair and Haze for Sony too ;)

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#47 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (9586 posts) -

@locopatho said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@PurpleMan5000: Lmfao, you owned me with some Wii Fit games? Come on now kid.

Sony new IPs..TLoU, Uncharted, GOW, and Infamous. That's just off the top off my head.

Nintendo can't even hold Sony's jock.

8>4

Starting at the Gamecube/PS2 gen? Ok, then Sony have Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Resistance, Killzone, SOCOM, MAG, Starhawk, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, God Of War, Demon's Souls, Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, White Knight Chronicles, Siren, Infamous, Uncharted, Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Last Of Us, Motorstorm, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Little Big Planet, Modnation Racers, Journey, some casual stuff like Singster, BUZZ and EYETOY and since you count Disaster (which is a pile of shit) Imma list Knack, Genji, Lair and Haze for Sony too ;)

Nintendo also has Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Battalion Wars, Pushmo, Fluidity, The Legendary Starfy, Chibi-Robo!, Steel Diver, Fossil Fighters, Art Academy, Glory of Heracles, Elite Beat Agents, Rhythm Heaven, Electroplankton, Drill Dozer, Line Attack Heroes, FlingSmash, Odama, and Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak.

:)

Avatar image for locopatho
#48 Edited by locopatho (23234 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@locopatho said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@PurpleMan5000: Lmfao, you owned me with some Wii Fit games? Come on now kid.

Sony new IPs..TLoU, Uncharted, GOW, and Infamous. That's just off the top off my head.

Nintendo can't even hold Sony's jock.

8>4

Starting at the Gamecube/PS2 gen? Ok, then Sony have Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Resistance, Killzone, SOCOM, MAG, Starhawk, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, God Of War, Demon's Souls, Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, White Knight Chronicles, Siren, Infamous, Uncharted, Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Last Of Us, Motorstorm, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Little Big Planet, Modnation Racers, Journey, some casual stuff like Singster, BUZZ and EYETOY and since you count Disaster (which is a pile of shit) Imma list Knack, Genji, Lair and Haze for Sony too ;)

Nintendo also has Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Battalion Wars, Pushmo, Fluidity, The Legendary Starfy, Chibi-Robo!, Steel Diver, Fossil Fighters, Art Academy, Glory of Heracles, Elite Beat Agents, Rhythm Heaven, Electroplankton, Drill Dozer, Line Attack Heroes, FlingSmash, Odama, and Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak.

:)

Animal Crossing is N64, most of the others are downloadable or handheld titles which I didn't include for Sony. And frankly I'm not listing dozens and dozens more :P

No matter what criteria you use, Sony will always have more and higher quality new IPs than Nintendo.

Avatar image for PinkieWinkie
#49 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@PurpleMan50008: I think I know which list I, and I'm sure many others, would pick.

Avatar image for LegatoSkyheart
#50 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29703 posts) -

aw, and here I thought there was going to be some sort of Steam app for WiiU.