Nintendo Switch mini model out this fall; enhanced model delayed

#1 Edited by XVision84 (15812 posts) -

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/new-nintendo-switch-report-2019-4

The mini model will be smaller, more portable and cheaper (but can still be hooked up to the tv). It'll be out this fall.

The enhanced model will include some design changes and better specs but will come later (no date set yet).

#2 Posted by DaVillain- (36106 posts) -

I already own Switch since launch and no plans to upgrade the enhanced model version and I'm satisfied what's been giving to me. Yes, I know the first Nintendo remodels are usually not the best one's at first but the first model has been very good to me :)

#3 Posted by iambatman7986 (2764 posts) -

I'm good with my launch Switch. I have no issues with it outside of my left joycon coming disconnected from time to time while in docked mode which is a rare occurrence.

#4 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

Really bad move by Nintendo but the damage is already sustained.

#5 Posted by Archangel3371 (27601 posts) -

Not interested in a Switch Mini but depending on how a “Pro” model turns out I probably would upgrade my current Switch to that one.

#6 Posted by AJStyles (749 posts) -

Horrible idea and it will continue to flop.

#7 Posted by tocool340 (21359 posts) -

Glad I decided to wait. Now I'm gonna wait to see more details about this enhanced version of Switch to decide if I'm gonna pick that up or go after the original...

#8 Posted by MonsieurX (39001 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

Outselling PS4 in Japan and topping it in the NPD = flop

#9 Posted by KBFloYd (21753 posts) -

i only use my switch portably like once a month. so ill pass on the mini.

i will get the switch pro though.

#10 Posted by Speeny (1519 posts) -

No need for me to upgrade at the moment. I’ve had no issues with my console so far. Really depends on how they plan to enhance it though. Maybe it won’t be worth it for most people with the launch console.

#11 Posted by dotWithShoes (5525 posts) -

@raining51 said:

Really bad move? Damage? Are you okay? This is all based on 'rumors' based on a report that has been said before. "New" report that says basically the same thing as a previous one.

#12 Posted by mojito1988 (3535 posts) -

I will skip the mini and wait for the upgrade. I will buy the upgrade day one.

#13 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18709 posts) -

I'd be surprised if the "Pro" model comes this year... I expect it'll be early next year at the earliest. That way it'll help keep Nintendo in the conservation once the new Xbox/PS come.

But yeah, I fully expect the "Lite" model this year.

#14 Posted by Epak_ (10643 posts) -

Better put the PRO version on hold. Next generation is about to start.

#15 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30733 posts) -

Enhanced model 4K/60 or bust

#16 Edited by xantufrog (11183 posts) -

No interest in a mini. My regular Switch is fine. I might entertain the "Pro" if it's more than just a horsepower upgrade

#17 Posted by SecretPolice (35108 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Enhanced model 4K/60 or bust

Hahaha, good one. :D

#18 Posted by FinalFighters (3146 posts) -

Ehh, i'll have to see what they enhanced in the the Pro model before i make the upgrade.

my guess is 4k video output ( Hulu, Netflix, etc) and maybe 1080p in handheld mode.

if that's all then it ain't worth it imo

#19 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (3394 posts) -

Delayed is such an over-and mis-used word in the industry. You can't delay something that didn't have a release date.

#20 Posted by XVision84 (15812 posts) -

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: Products often have internal release dates that aren't known to the public because they're likely to change. Fall was probably their internal release date for the enhanced version but they needed to push it back further.

#21 Posted by XVision84 (15812 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Sounds reasonable :P

#22 Posted by clone01 (27440 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

Whaa?

#23 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19588 posts) -

@raining51 said:

Why is it a bad move? The Switch Mini is cater for the 3DS crowd, and will come out at the time of Pokemon Sword and Shield. A Switch Mini will be affordable for parents to buy for their kids that want Pokemon.

#24 Posted by uninspiredcup (32833 posts) -

Garbage.

#25 Posted by bgres077 (12633 posts) -

Already own the regular, no need for the Mini. Curious about what the "Pro" version will be.

#26 Posted by dzimm (5366 posts) -
@XVision84 said:

The mini model will be smaller, more portable and cheaper (but can still be hooked up to the tv). It'll be out this fall.

The enhanced model will include some design changes and better specs but will come later (no date set yet).

Nothing more than idle speculation. Nobody outside of Nintendo knows when a revised version of the Switch will be released, or if there is even one in development.

#27 Posted by XVision84 (15812 posts) -
@dzimm said:
@XVision84 said:

Nothing more than idle speculation. Nobody outside of Nintendo knows when a revised version of the Switch will be released, or if there is even one in development.

The source isn't a rumour or speculative, it's a news report by Nikkei. Companies release info from exclusive media outlets all the time as a mutually beneficial deal.