Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts
@techhog89 said:

@whatafailure: it's not really selling more though. Switch had a lot of stock left after the holidays, and after that shipments slowed down further due to the current model going out of production. Switch has been ahead every time actual sales have been given, and it's way up YoY every time while PS4 is down significantly. That doesn't match shipments though, obviously, so either Switch is conveniently bombing and PS4 is conveniently seeing massive sales growth in all of the regions we don't know sales for, or there's missing context. If you believe that it's the former, you need to explain why Sony lowered their forecast if sales are rising in most of the world.

PS4 sold more. It's not that hard to understand how it happened.

PS4 was the best-selling console in 2018 (globally)

Switch was the best-selling console of 2018 in the US

According to the articles, PS4 won a majority of the NPDs in 2018. But the Switch made record jumps during the final two Holiday months to push it over the PS4. So it makes sense for Switch to win the US, but makes sense for PS4 to win overall in 2018 (consistently sold more every month).

And fast forward to 2019, with the Switch slowing down a lot compared to those record holiday months, it's back to the PS4 doing better on a monthly basis just like in 2018. With things settling back to where things were before (and us being in July/Aug and far from SSBU/Pokemon fever), is there any surprise PS4 is outselling the Switch globally again?

Another thing -- you spelled it as "fowl play" twice. This isn't Chicken Run or Chicken Little, this is System Wars!

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@whatafailure said:
@i_p_daily said:

You wrote an essay about someone else having a meltdown lol, look in the mirror there alty.

When you look in the mirror try and calm down as I can't tell from your post whether you're going to cry or have a heart attack.

Here are the facts

1) you're an alt, and if you keep up with the cranky posts you will get found out by a mod sooner rather than later.

2) You shill VR EVERY chance you get.

3) I have criticized MS on multiple occasions.

Not an alt. If you're surprised how someone points out Lemming hypocrisy and "bad takes", it's because the Lemmings don't realize how bad they look and sound right now. In their head, their behavior and crazy rantings are normal. ("Anytime someone else does good, they are shills and fell for hype. Anytime MS does good, it means it's really good.") C.R.A.Z.Y.

Plus, I've been around Reddit, GameFaqs, NeoGaf, IGN for years. You can easily pick up the hilariously meltdowny things Lemmings have been pushing ever since 2013. I've seen preschoolers form a better reasoned argument on plastic merchandise than Lemmings.

I'll continue to post VR because many topics regarding 2D gaming kind of repeat themselves, and VR is the next revolutionary step in gaming. Also, a lot of work is spent educating and correcting false information. Nothing worse than non-VR users telling VR users how "bad" VR is. That's like telling people to never visit Europe ("It's bad!!") but never visiting it themselves. C.R.A.Z.Y.

Prove you can say something bad about MS. I haven't seen one thing. You and KBFloyd would probably win a poll here as the most extreme fanbois (that's your twin from the other side of the aisle). I can't see KBFloyd saying anything bad about Nintendo, or admitting that other companies (that aren't Nintendo) have contributed to console gaming too. You and him literally act like only MS and Nintendo have done good for gaming, and Sony contributed 0%.

C.R.A.Z.Y. G.A.M.E.S.P.O.T. T.W.I.N.S.

Continue your meltdown alt its entertaining. And if you want some proof of me bagging MS than check my post history as you did say that in bold, so check it and educate yourself lol.

Keep on keeping on cow shill :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

No one who stuck by Xbox in a gen like this gets to call anybody a fool. If they're fools, then at least they're not blind like Team Xbone.

But you are easily fooled as you praise Sony's shitty movie games that come with extra long cutscenes that allows you to keep on stuffing popcorn down your gob, and then its but, but graphics king lol, cows please never change, shit who am I kidding you couldn't even if you tried lol.

Why the **** would I ever want to change? I made the right choice while you're sucking on that sour loser lemon. I wouldn't trade places with you on a bet. You want to be stuck playing racing games until the end of time and think people should envy your position. Get outta here with that. You people got rekt for a reason.

Not change consoles, change your attitude as its most amusing, as you can't comprehend what you've read, you have indeed rekt yourself lol.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@boxrekt: Ah, so you're just trolling. Okay, have fun.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Techhog89
@whatafailure said:
@techhog89 said:

@whatafailure: it's not really selling more though. Switch had a lot of stock left after the holidays, and after that shipments slowed down further due to the current model going out of production. Switch has been ahead every time actual sales have been given, and it's way up YoY every time while PS4 is down significantly. That doesn't match shipments though, obviously, so either Switch is conveniently bombing and PS4 is conveniently seeing massive sales growth in all of the regions we don't know sales for, or there's missing context. If you believe that it's the former, you need to explain why Sony lowered their forecast if sales are rising in most of the world.

PS4 sold more. It's not that hard to understand how it happened.

According to the articles, PS4 won a majority of the NPDs in 2018. But the Switch made record jumps during the final two Holiday months to push it over the PS4. So it makes sense for Switch to win the US, but makes sense for PS4 to win overall in 2018 (consistently sold more every month).

And fast forward to 2019, with the Switch slowing down a lot compared to those record holiday months, it's back to the PS4 doing better on a monthly basis just like in 2018. With things settling back to where things were before (and us being in July/Aug and far from SSBU/Pokemon fever), is there any surprise PS4 is outselling the Switch globally again?

Another thing -- you spelled it as "fowl play" twice. This isn't Chicken Run or Chicken Little, this is System Wars!

PS4 hasn't won a single NPD this year. It's been down YoY every month, almost all in double digits. Meanwhile, Switch has won every NPD so far this year and is showing double digit growth every month. Every comparison from every other region we've been able to see has told a similar story, and we already know for a fact that Switch was overstocked after the holidays and that the current Switch model is out of production, both of which mean that shipments will slow and the system will be more dependent on existing stock to sell. The fact that "other" is the only region that's down and that Japan was only up by 30k in shipments YoY further shows that there was excess stock for Switch. Just wait 3 months. PS4 shipments for the next quarter are going to be a little lower than you're expecting. Not much, but lower. If Switch sales have collapsed to the degree you're implying in other regions, we'd have heard about it because there would be firesales in those regions. It's possible that PS4 sold more, but it's not really a sure thing. Switch hasn't launched yet in some regions like China though, so that would be a chunk of the difference anyway.

As for my spelling, I was busy at the time and didn't proofread. Boo hoo. That last sentence was a run-on btw. :)

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Why the **** would I ever want to change? I made the right choice while you're sucking on that sour loser lemon. I wouldn't trade places with you on a bet. You want to be stuck playing racing games until the end of time and think people should envy your position. Get outta here with that. You people got rekt for a reason.

Not change consoles, change your attitude as its most amusing, as you can't comprehend what you've read, you have indeed rekt yourself lol.

Like I, or anyone else that doesn't have shit taste, should ever listen to you for anything. Just be happy you got this much attention.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Like I, or anyone else that doesn't have shit taste, should ever listen to you for anything. Just be happy you got this much attention.

Hey everyone here knows what my favourite genre is (racing) and all the Forza's are top quality, and yet you claim I have shit taste lol.

I know i'm lucky to be getting this much attention from you as we all know you're obsessed with Phil Spencer, but remember he's taken

Benji sees Phil's wedding ring and is once again inconsolable :(

Now run along and check Phil's twitter feed as there might be something on there you can post on SW to damage the Xbox brand lol.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Hey everyone here knows what my favourite genre is (racing) and all the Forza's are top quality, and yet you claim I have shit taste lol.

I know i'm lucky to be getting this much attention from you as we all know you're obsessed with Phil Spencer, but remember he's taken

Now run along and check Phil's twitter feed as there might be something on there you can post on SW to damage the Xbox brand lol.

Oh yeah, I'M the one damaging the Xbox brand. You know, it has nothing to do with the head of Xbox saying the games suck or anything. You people have been taking Ls this whole gen, and the schadenfreude is coming from within the company. LOL!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

Oh yeah, I'M the one damaging the Xbox brand. You know, it has nothing to do with the head of Xbox saying the games suck or anything. You people have been taking Ls this whole gen, and the schadenfreude is coming from within the company. LOL!

Racing is my genre, read that and tell me how I've been taking L's and have shit taste. I didn't buy a PS4 therefore I have the best racing available on console, now go stick your head in the sand even further and continue to make me laugh with your comments :)

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

Continue your meltdown alt its entertaining. And if you want some proof of me bagging MS than check my post history as you did say that in bold, so check it and educate yourself lol.

Keep on keeping on cow shill :)

There are two groups of people, the Celebrators vs. the Meltees

You = Meltees

The headline is clearly good news for Nintendo and Sony gamers. I don't see....wait lemme check again....yeah I don't see ANY XBOX SALES NUMBERS.

MS game division headed by hunched over cowards, afraid to flash some helpful numbers like the others.

Xbox Motto = "Dazzle Them With Insecurity"

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Damn tormy I like racing games so in fact I got the best console. So the PS4 has 3000 games and not a single great racing game that I can't play on my Xbox, yet the Xbox has half a dozen great racing games you can't play on the PS4.

And yet you believe I ended up with the worse console lol, nice to see that not only do you have shit reading comprehension, but your logic sucks as well :(

Hiding on a patetic racing genre is lol worthy,no freaking console is consider the best because of 1 damn genre.

Fact is you claim you owned how many games for sega consoles 1,000? How many of those were racing games?

Hell i would be hard pressed to believe that shit,and once again you prove that this board hold what ever crap a blind fanboy invent to defend a platform,fact is you claim you love racing games,what racing game was better on any sega console or higher rated than GT1 and GT2 for PS1?

So is here were we see your true colors,so you care about GAMES not just racing games because there is no freaking way in HELL that you owned 1,000 racing games on segas consoles because there weren't that many even putting all platforms and arcade games combined.

So if you owned 1,000 games for sega platforms i am damn sure most of those not only were multiplatforms but also were not reacing games.

So yeah go else were with that patethic crap of you ending with the best console because you like 1 genre,and is the only thing you have to hide on.

Factually speaking the PS had better games than the xbox,and the PS had better games than any sega console as well,basically you are a blind sony hater.

At least i can admit the xbox was better for shooter since it started you can't even admit the PS was simply better over all for games.

@techhog89 said:

@tormentos: I'm not trying to hurt your pride or accuse Sony of foul play. It's just normal business practice. Nintendo did the same thing during the holidays last year. You don't need to get mad because there's nothing wrong with it. It always balances out later. It's also not the first time Sony's done it with PS4, as a year or two ago Sony sold more than they shipped for the year, and there's only one way that can happen. But, again, it always balances out in the end so it really doesn't matter.

Again Proof solid proof not something invented by you,in 2017 sony shipped 3.3 million,on 2018 3.2 millions and on 2019 3.2 millions i don't see this so call over stuffing of the channels,by the way over stuffing the channels 1 quarter has a negative effect on other quarters,is not like you can artificially create a demand that isn't there by just shipping more units ask MS about it.

@Archangel3371 said:

@tormentos: Nope. It just shows that they SHIPPED the same number of units as the same quarter as last year. Umm, ok. This thread is about the number of units of the PS4 Sony shipped in comparison to how many units of the Switch Nintendo shipped and in that context it doesn’t really mean much of anything really. This has nothing to do with Microsoft and the Xbox One so you bringing that up is equally meaningless.

It showed that basically the demand for the PS4 it still there period,take it as you want for 3 years in a row they have ship the same basically so the demand is there.

Shipments are an indication of how good your console is doing,if sony console is not selling no matter what sony does next shipments will be affectd by the 3.2 millions shipped during the first quarter.

Shipment are related to sales,stuffing the channels like MS had done some times has a negative effect on future shipments because retailers will only take a certain amount of units if the demand is not there.

Case in point the xbox one dropped 48% the PS4 didn't.

MS shipped a huge number of units in hoiliday 2014 in order to claim they hit 10 million in 1 year like sony did,the difference was clear sony sold to consumer back then and shipments didn't slow down early next year,MS shipments were even halted because of how much they saturated the market.

Shipments are tied to sales,if the PS4 is not saling next shipments will be greatly reduced is easy to spot.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

@tormentos: You keep trying to bring Microsoft into this when it’s simply comparing the Q2 of 2019 shipments between Sony and Nintendo systems. Also I’m not talking about previous yearly shipments of Sony systems, I’m talking about current or recent quarterly numbers along with sale numbers ie. what were the shipped and sold numbers for Q1 2019, Q4 2018, and Q3 2018. Simply saying Sony shipped X number of units and Nintendo shipped Y number of units in Q2 2019 is incomplete data and really doesn’t say much of anything on its own.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tormentos

@techhog89 said:

PS4 hasn't won a single NPD this year. It's been down YoY every month, almost all in double digits. Meanwhile, Switch has won every NPD so far this year and is showing double digit growth every month. Every comparison from every other region we've been able to see has told a similar story, and we already know for a fact that Switch was overstocked after the holidays and that the current Switch model is out of production, both of which mean that shipments will slow and the system will be more dependent on existing stock to sell. The fact that "other" is the only region that's down and that Japan was only up by 30k in shipments YoY further shows that there was excess stock for Switch. Just wait 3 months. PS4 shipments for the next quarter are going to be a little lower than you're expecting. Not much, but lower. If Switch sales have collapsed to the degree you're implying in other regions, we'd have heard about it because there would be firesales in those regions. It's possible that PS4 sold more, but it's not really a sure thing. Switch hasn't launched yet in some regions like China though, so that would be a chunk of the difference anyway.

As for my spelling, I was busy at the time and didn't proofread. Boo hoo. That last sentence was a run-on btw. :)

Dude NPD is just US man is not world wide stop you pathetic damage control.

2017 3.3 millions

2018 3.2 millions

2019 3.2 millions.

You need to provide proof for your point because you already have been prove wrong period,the switch beating the PS4 mean totally nothing.

The real question is if the PS4 still selling well enough.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@tormentos: His tin foil hat is broken and he can't get his conspiracy theories to in order after people with facts and logic broke down his delusional speculation.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Switch slow down is to be expected. Good thing they are releasing a lite version.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Techhog89

@shellcase86: It's not slowing down. This is actually its best Q1. Also keep in mind that these are shipments, which means that the current model going out of production reduced the number of units they can ship. All known actual sales numbers were way up for the quarter.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Techhog89

@tormentos: So you're arguing that PS4 sales are going way up in most of the world even though PS5 is on the horizon? Or do you not understand how math works?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@tormentos: Switch is also slaughtering the PS4 in Japan so it was winning in the US+Japan. Traditionally the US alone is almost as big as Europe so the PS4 would have to destroy the Switch something like 4:1 in Europe to make up for losing in the US and getting utterly buried in Japan. Despite capturing the two biggest regions, the Switch ended up selling a LOT less than the PS4 which is hard to believe. The PS4 outsold it by 50% according to the OP. This doesn’t align with the reports we’ve been hearing.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tormentos

@Archangel3371 said:

@tormentos: You keep trying to bring Microsoft into this when it’s simply comparing the Q2 of 2019 shipments between Sony and Nintendo systems. Also I’m not talking about previous yearly shipments of Sony systems, I’m talking about current or recent quarterly numbers along with sale numbers ie. what were the shipped and sold numbers for Q1 2019, Q4 2018, and Q3 2018. Simply saying Sony shipped X number of units and Nintendo shipped Y number of units in Q2 2019 is incomplete data and really doesn’t say much of anything on its own.

Yeah keep the denial going retailers don't take shipments if the demand isn't there and next shipments are hurt always if the sales are not there is a FACT not my opinion.

@techhog89 said:

@tormentos: So you're arguing that PS4 sales are going way up in most of the world even though PS5 is on the horizon? Or do you not understand how math works?

No i am arguin that you don't have any proof,by the way the PS2 actually outsold both the 360 and ps3 for 2 years after they launch so is not uncommon to see.

@Juub1990 said:

@tormentos: Switch is also slaughtering the PS4 in Japan so it was winning in the US+Japan. Traditionally the US alone is almost as big as Europe so the PS4 would have to destroy the Switch something like 4:1 in Europe to make up for losing in the US and getting utterly buried in Japan. Despite capturing the two biggest regions, the Switch ended up selling a LOT less than the PS4 which is hard to believe. The PS4 outsold it by 50% according to the OP. This doesn’t align with the reports we’ve been hearing.

The Switch beat the PS4 in sales in Japan in both US and Japan in 2018,yet sony sold more units globally.

It already happen.

Is hard to believe because you think those are sales,when in reality they are shipments,NIntendo shipmenst can be lower because of past over stuffing of the channels.

Also is not out of the question of ground breaking to see the switch which is a much newer system selling more the PS4 is on its 6th year.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Archangel3371  Online

@tormentos: Nope not denial. You’re the one that’s just speculating with incomplete data though.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Techhog89

@tormentos: PS2 didn't have double digit drops only in the US, Japan like you're implying here. You're so busy getting mad over how it compares to Switch that you're missing the point. That's irrelevant. In fact, I'll drop that point and admit that it outsold Switch if that'll make you feel better. My point is that, whatever the case may be, PS4 definitely did not outsell Switch by 50% worldwide last quarter, and PS4 definitely was not naturally flat YoY last quarter. Both of those things are impossible. I know you're one of the most rabid fanboys here though, so I guess it's best to just wait 3 months and see what happens. I'll tell you what will happen based on the available data and my unbiased knowledge of how businesses work. And again, this is not an insult or accusation again Sony. Retailers are willing to do stuff like this because thy have confidence that the extra units will sell. Also, before you call me biased I want to note that you haven't said anything about my claims that Nintendo did it too, which means that you believe that part since you think this is some kind of evil practice that only losers do and thus you think everyone else would do it but Sony would never. BTW, I have undeniable proof that Sony did it before with PS4 if you want that.

1. PS4 shipments will be notably down in Q2 YoY, and will almost certainly be PS4's worst Q2. The reason for this will be both that PS4 sales are going down and that 100-300k of the shipments that would have been in this quarter were sent last quarter to give Sony that extra push to 100 million. (Please note how small the number mentioned here is.) When this happens, you will suddenly shift your claim from "PS4 is another PS2" to "PS4 is being affected by PS5."
  2. Switch shipments will be way up since they'll actually have new units to ship, unlike this quarter where the model they were shipping likely stopped production halfway through, if not sooner. You'll then say that it's only because of Switch Lite hype and that sales will start to decline again after that because... well, you're knida dumb.

It really annoys me that Sony doesn't publish regional breakdowns of their shipments like Nintendo. If they did, I could basically end this conversation right now.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

How does any thread with data in it start an argument like this?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Looks like the are both doing great to me. Congrats to Sony and Nintendo. This news just makes our market for gaming that much stronger.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X

@Xabiss said:

Looks like the are both doing great to me. Congrats to Sony and Nintendo. This news just makes our market for gaming that much stronger.

That's sorta how I read the news. Switch is selling insanely fast, and it's pretty cool that PS4 is still doing well despite it being old and Sony killing its sales with a PS5 announcement.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts
@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@Xabiss said:

That's sorta how I read the news. Switch is selling insanely fast, and it's pretty cool that PS4 is still doing well despite it being old and Sony killing its sales with a PS5 announcement.

Yep, just good for gaming all around.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 tormentos

@techhog89 said:

@tormentos: PS2 didn't have double digit drops only in the US, Japan like you're implying here. You're so busy getting mad over how it compares to Switch that you're missing the point. That's irrelevant. In fact, I'll drop that point and admit that it outsold Switch if that'll make you feel better. My point is that, whatever the case may be, PS4 definitely did not outsell Switch by 50% worldwide last quarter, and PS4 definitely was not naturally flat YoY last quarter. Both of those things are impossible. I know you're one of the most rabid fanboys here though, so I guess it's best to just wait 3 months and see what happens. I'll tell you what will happen based on the available data and my unbiased knowledge of how businesses work. And again, this is not an insult or accusation again Sony. Retailers are willing to do stuff like this because thy have confidence that the extra units will sell. Also, before you call me biased I want to note that you haven't said anything about my claims that Nintendo did it too, which means that you believe that part since you think this is some kind of evil practice that only losers do and thus you think everyone else would do it but Sony would never. BTW, I have undeniable proof that Sony did it before with PS4 if you want that.

1. PS4 shipments will be notably down in Q2 YoY, and will almost certainly be PS4's worst Q2. The reason for this will be both that PS4 sales are going down and that 100-300k of the shipments that would have been in this quarter were sent last quarter to give Sony that extra push to 100 million. (Please note how small the number mentioned here is.) When this happens, you will suddenly shift your claim from "PS4 is another PS2" to "PS4 is being affected by PS5."
  2. Switch shipments will be way up since they'll actually have new units to ship, unlike this quarter where the model they were shipping likely stopped production halfway through, if not sooner. You'll then say that it's only because of Switch Lite hype and that sales will start to decline again after that because... well, you're knida dumb.

It really annoys me that Sony doesn't publish regional breakdowns of their shipments like Nintendo. If they did, I could basically end this conversation right now.

Once again stop posting bullshit and actually probide PROOF that sony over shipped units,is very simple simply back up your claim with proof and links.

I already did my part and proved how sony shipped the exact same ammount last year,and the year before that it only shipped 100k more.

Yeah i am sure it annoy you that sony doesn't publish regional shipments,hey wait my hipocrite friend who from the 3 company does that?

Tell me does Nintendo break shipments by region? How about MS hell MS doesn't even talk about numbers and i don't see you cry about it.

See if the double standard here against sony the problem.

Prove your point other wise you are just grasping at this point bro.

@Archangel3371 said:

@tormentos: Nope not denial. You’re the one that’s just speculating with incomplete data though.

Yeap you are on denial and i proved my point shipments of units is tied to sales,if you over stuff the channels next shipments will suffer,you can't scape it because the demand is not there.

I already give you an example of this.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#77 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19512 Posts

It's weird how Switch is dominating PS4 in the US and Japan, yet the PS4 somehow still ends up leading worldwide. Is it Europe and Mainland Asia that keeps the PS4 ahead in worldwide sales?

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Techhog89

@tormentos: How does shipments being flat prove there was no overshipment when we know that sales in the US and Japan were down significantly? That doesn't make sense unless you are incapable of logical reasoning. My proof is right there unless you have counterproof to explain why sales would randomly have risen in the rest of the world, especially since God of War launched in Q1 last year while nothing even close to that launched on PS4 this year. Stop being such a baby. It's not a big deal if a couple extra hundred thousand units were shipped to hit that 100M in time for this report.

Now, if it makes you feel better, I'll say this: after looking at the regional breakdown it does appear that Switch took a huge dip in regions outside of the big 3 (North America, Europe and Japan). So, PS4 would have naturally outshipped Switch due to Nintendo having limited stock to ship and PS4 being available in a few more countries like China (which will change this month). However, it doesn't change my main point. You just care about Sony winning in reality though, right? Well, PS4 won. Congrats. We cool, or do I need to give the undeniable proof that PS4 was overshipped in 2016 before you're willing to admit that I'm right and that this isn't a bad thing or a conspiracy?

And yes, Nintendo does break shipments down by region. They always have. You can just look at the report.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Archangel3371  Online

@tormentos: Nope no denial here but you can keep on speculating all you want, it doesn’t matter to me.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2063 Posts

@Jag85 said:

It's weird how Switch is dominating PS4 in the US and Japan, yet the PS4 somehow still ends up leading worldwide. Is it Europe and Mainland Asia that keeps the PS4 ahead in worldwide sales?

Could be a couple things not sure about the availability in certain regions so that may be playing a role, this is the time of year warehouses are beginning to fill up with Holiday stock, With Sony not releasing a new PS4 SKU and with Nintendo in the middle of an SKU revision that may also have had an impact, in terms of consumer demand I'd be convinced Switch demand is higher just based on its' lower installed user base, still a huge number of people who would/are going to buy a Switch haven't as of yet, compared to PS4 where most people who are going to buy a PS4 probably already have a PS4 at this point.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Switch will outsell PS4 total lifetime

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 tormentos

@techhog89 said:

@tormentos: How does shipments being flat prove there was no overshipment when we know that sales in the US and Japan were down significantly? That doesn't make sense unless you are incapable of logical reasoning. My proof is right there unless you have counterproof to explain why sales would randomly have risen in the rest of the world, especially since God of War launched in Q1 last year while nothing even close to that launched on PS4 this year. Stop being such a baby. It's not a big deal if a couple extra hundred thousand units were shipped to hit that 100M in time for this report.

Now, if it makes you feel better, I'll say this: after looking at the regional breakdown it does appear that Switch took a huge dip in regions outside of the big 3 (North America, Europe and Japan). So, PS4 would have naturally outshipped Switch due to Nintendo having limited stock to ship and PS4 being available in a few more countries like China (which will change this month). However, it doesn't change my main point. You just care about Sony winning in reality though, right? Well, PS4 won. Congrats. We cool, or do I need to give the undeniable proof that PS4 was overshipped in 2016 before you're willing to admit that I'm right and that this isn't a bad thing or a conspiracy?

And yes, Nintendo does break shipments down by region. They always have. You can just look at the report.

You don't have any proof at all.

So link me to sony over shipping PS4 or you have nothing this is simple you make a claim back it up.

Sony has ship for 3 years basically the same ammount of units,is call a steady demand,and US and Japan doesn't = the world the PS4 was outsold by the switch in Japan and US in 2018 despite that the PS4 outsold the switch world wide period you have no POINT period.

What report?

The only baby here is you bro stop crying about sony doing great,the damn console is close to 6 years by this time last gen the wii was dead and selling dirt.

If you want to talk cry about breaking up sales talk about MS who doesn't even come clean with any sales.

@Jag85 said:

Probably but remember this are shipments not unit sold,US and Japan were won last year by nintendo still sony won world wide,maybe the amount by what they won in Japan and US just wasn't big enough to upset the rest of the world.

But considering the switch still is been sold for $299 i say it is quite impressive still,and after the new cheaper light model come into play it would probably sky rocket sales,alto i don't know how nintendo will account for those units as it did the light version is a complete portable not a console hybrid.

@Archangel3371 said:

@tormentos: Nope no denial here but you can keep on speculating all you want, it doesn’t matter to me.

Yeah it sure doesn't that is why you keep replying...lol

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Techhog89

Okay, I'm just gonna stop arguing with tormentos because he's either trolling or extremely stupid.

For people with logical reasoning ability, here's my point about 2016:

In 2017, 20.2 million PS4s were sold.

Also in callendar year 2017, 19.4 million PS4s were shipped.

Anyone wanna take a guess on how and why that happened?

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

SONY DOMINATION CONTINUATION

Europe doesn't care about lolhandhelds.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#85 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19512 Posts

@tormentos: Switch has also dominated sales in North America and Japan, according to NPD and Media-Create/Famitsu, respectively. PS4 can only come out ahead worldwide if it dominates the rest of the world.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Archangel3371  Online

@tormentos: Telling you that if you want to keep speculating off of incomplete data doesn’t matter to me doesn’t actually mean that it really matters to me. I’m just informing you but hey you do you and stay ignorant apparently it’s what you do best. ?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 X_CAPCOM_X

@Archangel3371 said:

@tormentos: Telling you that if you want to keep speculating off of incomplete data doesn’t matter to me doesn’t actually mean that it really matters to me. I’m just informing you but hey you do you and stay ignorant apparently it’s what you do best. ?

Guys, where is the speculation? Overshipment/undershipping? We have the numbers.

Also, why does it even matter?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Archangel3371  Online

@X_CAPCOM_X: All I’m saying is that simply pointing out that Sony shipped X number of PS4’s and Nintendo shipped X number of Switches in Q2 2019 doesn’t really say much and using those to say whether or not one is outselling or doing better then the other is just speculation because it’s incomplete information. Sony shipping more PS4’s then Nintendo shipped Switches in Q2 2019 is just something that makes me go, “Umm, Ok?”.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#89  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15902 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

Switch will outsell PS4 total lifetime

Depends on whether Switch gimmick will last and how long Nintendo support is TBH.

A great recent example was Wii which was supposed to be the best selling home console when it reached dizzying 26m shipped for full year 2009. The shipment numbers just dropped quite hard afterwards. There is already a sign of growth slowing for the system but I do hope the $199 Switch Lite can bring back some much needed momentum.

@Jag85 said:

@tormentos: Switch has also dominated sales in North America and Japan, according to NPD and Media-Create/Famitsu, respectively. PS4 can only come out ahead worldwide if it dominates the rest of the world.

Sony worldwide numbers is always bigger than Japan since the PS2 days, easily offsetting Switch Japan sales. Don't remember where I read the source but if I remembers, total PS4 rest of the world shipment was around 15m - 20m. Japan sales also a bit down for Switch this year compared to last year (I got it from resetera idk if its correct don't quote me).

Still, USA Canada is the biggest market for games. Switch Lite if all goes well will easily put Nintendo ahead of Sony this year.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Techhog89

@sakaixx: And what's that sign of growth slowing?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By sakaiXx

@techhog89 said:

The facts that Nintendo had to revise and lower switch Full year forecast for 2 consecutive years and Japan sales is showing some stagnation. Some dude in the resetera forums compared Switch japan YOY 2018 and 2019 and it shows switch is currently is starting to lag. Sales is growing, and I expect this year to be better than last year but not as how people expected switch to sell. Even Nintendo only expect Switch shipping 18m full fiscal year.

I doubt the Switch lite has much impact as this is Q1 2019 ending in June. Switch lite and the model with better battery is announced in July. Just because there is change of models does not meant a total stop to factory line. They still need to restock to meet demand.

For the japan sales part its based on famitsu.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Techhog89
@sakaixx said:
@techhog89 said:

The facts that Nintendo had to revise and lower switch Full year forecast for 2 consecutive years and Japan sales is showing some stagnation. Some dude in the resetera forums compared Switch japan YOY 2018 and 2019 and it shows switch is currently is starting to lag. Sales is growing, and I expect this year to be better than last year but not as how people expected switch to sell. Even Nintendo only expect Switch shipping 18m full fiscal year.

I doubt the Switch lite has much impact as this is Q1 2019 ending in June. Switch lite and the model with better battery is announced in July. Just because there is change of models does not meant a total stop to factory line. They still need to restock to meet demand.

I think you're trolling again, but I'll bite. First of all, it was one year, and sales not growing as much as Nintendo predicted isn't a sign of growth slowing. Second, Switch is sold in more regions than Japan, which you usually claim doesn't matter because it's convenient for you. It's really sad that you so desperately want everything but PS4 to fail that you make shit up and become a complete hypocrite. Grow up. Third, lol "only" 18M.

Fourth, Switch Lite isn't the model I was talking about; it's the upgraded model with better battery life that's important to note here. The current Switch model is out of production for the same reason that the new model exists: It can't be produced anymore. The 20nm version of the Tegra X1 is no longer being made because 20nm is shutting down. This forced Nintendo to make the new model with better battery life, and also gave them the ability to make a smaller, more portable Switch. The current model's stock is pretty much all existing stock because it's been literally impossible to make it for the past few months. That's also why the updated model is coming sooner than the Lite. Obviously the Lite itself wouldn't affect production of the regular model that much since it's not a replacement.

To be fully clear, I don't expect Switch to outsell PS4 overall. That's never gonna happen. However, I don't think it's gonna drop off like Wii did, and I don't think it's peaked. It outselling Wii is very much possible as well. Your casual concern trolling is starting to get old though.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 sakaiXx

@techhog89 said:
@sakaixx said:
@techhog89 said:

I think you're trolling again, but I'll bite. First of all, it was one year, and sales not growing as much as Nintendo predicted isn't a sign of growth slowing. Second, Switch is sold in more regions than Japan, which you usually claim doesn't matter because it's convenient for you. It's really sad that you so desperately want everything but PS4 to fail that you make shit up and become a complete hypocrite. Grow up. Third, lol "only" 18M.

Fourth, Switch Lite isn't the model I was talking about; it's the upgraded model with better battery life that's important to note here. The current Switch model is out of production for the same reason that the new model exists: It can't be produced anymore. The 20nm version of the Tegra X1 is no longer being made because 20nm is shutting down. This forced Nintendo to make the new model with better battery life, and also gave them the ability to make a smaller, more portable Switch. The current model's stock is pretty much all existing stock because it's been literally impossible to make it for the past few months. That's also why the updated model is coming sooner than the Lite. Obviously the Lite itself wouldn't affect production of the regular model that much since it's not a replacement.

To be fully clear, I don't expect Switch to outsell PS4 overall. That's never gonna happen. However, I don't think it's gonna drop off like Wii did, and I don't think it's peaked. Your casual concern trolling is starting to get old though.

I only gave facts based on the data that was given. The data shows Switch is not selling as much as people would like to think it is selling, the numbers just doesnt lie.

Nintendo overestimated Switch expected YOY growth and revised it properly.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Sheep are having meltdowns again because their switch is indeed slowing down in sales like predicted by us much more intelligent cows.

And of course, the 6 year old PS4 is destroying the switch in sales.

Nintendo is so desperate they had to release a switch lite to help with sales, but it doesn’t look like it will help.

Sheep, the switch is failing. PS4 is smashing new records with 100 million sold.

PS5 is going to destroy everything.