Nintendo remastering every Mario game for Switch (rumor)

  • 122 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

34152

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 34152 Posts

Coinciding with 35 years of Mario this year, Nintendo will re-release a slew of Mario games on Switch.

Some of which are already available if you sign up for Nintendo's crappy P2P online service.

Rumors also have it a new Paper Mario will be announced this year.

Which Mario platforming game would you like to see remastered for Switch?

sauce

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

36061

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 36061 Posts

Just mooaar of the same... Microsoft does what Phony and Nintendont. lol :P

Avatar image for judaspete
judaspete

3725

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3725 Posts

If this turns out to be true, I will probably pick up 3D World. The rest probably not. I already own most of them in one form or another.

Avatar image for mandzilla
mandzilla

4439

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4439 Posts

Super Mario Sunshine, Galaxy 1 + 2, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and Super Mario 64 would be badass.

Avatar image for locopatho
locopatho

23831

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 23831 Posts

Unsurprising and good for newer gamers, though grizzled old SW people prob already played them all :P

I'd be interested in a "fixed" Sunshine, though. (Not just a HD gloss)

Avatar image for judaspete
judaspete

3725

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#6 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3725 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

Just mooaar of the same... Microsoft does what Phony and Nintendont. lol :P

What? Release a new Forza every year ;)

Naw, MS has bought up a pretty good bunch of developers. They have a pretty good future ahead of them, but their recent past has left much to be desired.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

14817

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#7 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 14817 Posts

cash grab for nintendo. how many times they will continue rehashing and milking mario?

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

34152

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 34152 Posts

@judaspete said:

If this turns out to be true, I will probably pick up 3D World. The rest probably not. I already own most of them in one form or another.

Got 3D world on Wii U for 40 euro.

Nintendo will add a few levels and charge 60 euro for the Switch version.

Ehhhhhhhh, alright I'll buy it again, but only on sale.

Avatar image for dzimm
dzimm

5853

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#9 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 5853 Posts

Sweet. Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy 2 are great games, but I wonder how they're going to address the lack of a pointer since that that was central to the gameplay?

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

30758

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 30758 Posts

Never did get around to playing Sunshine so I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing that one. Would also love to see:

  • 3D World
  • Galaxy 1 and 2
  • Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

34152

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 34152 Posts

@dzimm said:

Sweet. Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy 2 are great games, but I wonder how they're going to address the lack of a pointer since that that was central to the gameplay?

Same here, will we have to disconnect our joycons, or are they going to make the game have different controls?

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

34152

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 34152 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

Never did get around to playing Sunshine so I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing that one. Would also love to see:

  • 3D World
  • Galaxy 1 and 2
  • Paper Mario Thousand Year Door

Oh yeah man definitely, the thousand year door is one of the best mario games I've played.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
foxhound_fox

98532

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Another reason why I've continued to advocate for backwards compatibility all this time since the PS2 era.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

30758

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 30758 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah I really enjoyed that Paper Mario game. Never played the ones following that one but it seemed that they never hit the high notes quite like that one.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

34152

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#15 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 34152 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Another reason why I've continued to advocate for backwards compatibility all this time since the PS2 era.

I do like upgraded versions.

Replaying Uncharted and TLOU on PS4 with 1080p and 60fps was great.

But there is nothing wrong with offering both options, and at least most remasters don't overcharge. Nintendo just goes crazy with the overcharging.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

40280

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#16 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 40280 Posts

The Switch is the rebuy system.

Avatar image for Solaryellow
Solaryellow

5672

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5672 Posts

Misleading title.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
foxhound_fox

98532

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I do like upgraded versions.

Replaying Uncharted and TLOU on PS4 with 1080p and 60fps was great.

But there is nothing wrong with offering both options, and at least most remasters don't overcharge. Nintendo just goes crazy with the overcharging.

I have enjoyed a few myself and like that old classics are getting revisited and improved, but they've got the technology now to take the old software and upscale it natively on the system, but choose not to do it.

Adding new content/mechanics is one thing, merely doing a up-res and adding AA/anisotropy isn't worth more than $10-15 for physical media and distribution costs.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
robert_sparkes

4102

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#19 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4102 Posts

Full price is far too much should be 14.99 at most. Nintendo get away will a lot.

Avatar image for briguyb13
briguyb13

4075

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#20 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 4075 Posts

More Mario means merrier me.

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

6332

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#21 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 6332 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Never did get around to playing Sunshine so I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing that one. Would also love to see:

  • 3D World
  • Galaxy 1 and 2
  • Paper Mario Thousand Year Door

Oh yeah man definitely, the thousand year door is one of the best mario games I've played.

+1

TTYD is still one of my favorite games of all time.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

8098

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#22 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 8098 Posts

Only nintendo fans idiot enough to buy the same thing thrice.

Avatar image for Xabiss
Xabiss

3687

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 3687 Posts

I have always wanted to play both Galaxies game and hope they are coming!

Avatar image for briguyb13
briguyb13

4075

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#24 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 4075 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Only nintendo fans idiot enough to buy the same thing thrice.

And yet you're lapping up Persona 5 again. Hypocrite much?

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

8098

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#25 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 8098 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@sakaixx said:

Only nintendo fans idiot enough to buy the same thing thrice.

And yet you're lapping up Persona 5 again. Hypocrite much?

I am. And only nintendo fans idiots to buy the same thing thrice.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

42570

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 42570 Posts

*Looks at past Nintendo consoles and games in garage* Na, I'm good. I keep my consoles/games such as Nintendo so I can revisit my old games whenever I want and most of all, it's free milk :)

What can I say, I love free milk!!!

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
getyeryayasout

13089

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#27 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 13089 Posts

I just want Galaxy 1 & 2, never owned a Wii so I haven't played them.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

26523

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 26523 Posts

Oh man I would love this. Not kidding. Was hoping to play Galaxy without crappy controls.

Avatar image for briguyb13
briguyb13

4075

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#29 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 4075 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@briguyb13 said:
@sakaixx said:

Only nintendo fans idiot enough to buy the same thing thrice.

And yet you're lapping up Persona 5 again. Hypocrite much?

I am. And only nintendo fans idiots to buy the same thing thrice.

You're a sony fan idiot.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

30758

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#30 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 30758 Posts

Meh. People by things that are remastered or on a different format all the time. I’m sure people have purchased hard cover, paper back, digital versions of books they’ve probably read before. Bought music on vinyl, cassette, CD, and digital that they’ve heard before. Bought movies on tape, DVD, Blu-Ray, and digital that they’ve seen before. Video games are certainly no different. People buy them for enhanced visuals, extra content, convenience, or whatever. People buying things that they like really shouldn’t surprise anyone.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

20097

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20097 Posts

This is too good to be true...I'd cry if this is real.

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
ConanTheStoner

18816

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 18816 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

I just want Galaxy 1 & 2, never owned a Wii so I haven't played them.

Man, when people ask me what's the best game I've ever played, Galaxy 2 is one of the first that comes to mind.

It's weird, because it's definitely not my favorite game around, but it's just so damn well designed.

Aren't you glad that rhymed?

No, but really. The amount of new ideas that game comes up with, executes perfectly, and then discards to move on to the next one is just crazy. The kind of gameplay concepts that other devs would build an entire game around, but Nintendo just like nah, next thing.

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
Sushiglutton

7742

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#33 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 7742 Posts

They hold up real well imo, so why not? More fun games remastered for the people! Nintendo are sitting on a goldmine, so mine it!

Avatar image for Epak_
Epak_

10961

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#34 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 10961 Posts

Yusssss, finally!

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

1813

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 1813 Posts

The Switch is worse than the WiiU, and WiiU was already bad to begin with. They don't just remaster Marior games, they do nothing else but rerelease old af games and sell it to you for $40-60. Who does that? A company that knows that their main demographic are children, that will get anything as "new" because they were most likely not even born 10 years ago. Great milking strategy they got there. Sad part is, the actual adults defend them for doing so, and even ask for more 🤣 Good luck getting your next Metroid game, it may only take until 2030 with all the cash grabbing remasters rampage Nintendo is currently at.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

1813

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 1813 Posts

@Pedro said:

The Switch is the rebuy system.

Rebuyswitch is what Nintendo should rename the system to.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

34152

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#37 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 34152 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I have enjoyed a few myself and like that old classics are getting revisited and improved, but they've got the technology now to take the old software and upscale it natively on the system, but choose not to do it.

Adding new content/mechanics is one thing, merely doing a up-res and adding AA/anisotropy isn't worth more than $10-15 for physical media and distribution costs.

Yup, it's kind of a ripoff, as a PC can do this for free.

It often feels like a 'remaster' is just like playing a PC game a few years later: you get increased resolutions and performance.

Of course more can be done with a remaster, like improving sound quality, textures, assets... Or hey, look at stuff like Spyro or Crash remasters. Or another good example would be the Homeworld remaster.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

34152

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#38 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 34152 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Pedro said:

The Switch is the rebuy system.

Rebuyswitch is what Nintendo should rename the system to.

The Nintendo 'Prepare to rebuy every game you ever bought in your life for 60 bucks a piece'

Yeah, that has no ring to it... let's just call it the switch.

Avatar image for AcidTango
AcidTango

1934

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 1934 Posts

I was hoping that we get a new 3D Mario game. With that said I hope they also release a remaster of Super Mario 64 DS with proper controls and have the game at a higher resolution with cleaner graphics.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

34152

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#40 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 34152 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:

This is too good to be true...I'd cry if this is real.

The thread title isn't 100% honest. But what is sure is that a whole bunch of Mario games will come to switch.

@ConanTheStoner said:
@getyeryayasout said:

I just want Galaxy 1 & 2, never owned a Wii so I haven't played them.

Man, when people ask me what's the best game I've ever played, Galaxy 2 is one of the first that comes to mind.

It's weird, because it's definitely not my favorite game around, but it's just so damn well designed.

Aren't you glad that rhymed?

No, but really. The amount of new ideas that game comes up with, executes perfectly, and then discards to move on to the next one is just crazy. The kind of gameplay concepts that other devs would build an entire game around, but Nintendo just like nah, next thing.

Funny story, that is also kind of sad:

I freakin' loved playing Galaxy on my Wii U through BC, and I had instantly bought Galaxy 2 when playing it.

But before I ever got around to it, I stopped playing Wii games alltogether. I moved on to HD consoles like Xbone and PS4 and just completely forgot about my Wii games.

But galaxy is just a masterpiece, that's for sure. It's just that I keep hearing people say that Galaxy 2 is better, haha

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

3937

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#41 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3937 Posts

I am really excited about this. Especially for Mario Sunshine and Galaxy.

Avatar image for enzyme36
enzyme36

4458

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4458 Posts

I'll toss over a few bucks for Galaxy 2. I have had my fill of the rest.

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
ConanTheStoner

18816

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 18816 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Funny story, that is also kind of sad:

I freakin' loved playing Galaxy on my Wii U through BC, and I had instantly bought Galaxy 2 when playing it.

But before I ever got around to it, I stopped playing Wii games alltogether. I moved on to HD consoles like Xbone and PS4 and just completely forgot about my Wii games.

But galaxy is just a masterpiece, that's for sure. It's just that I keep hearing people say that Galaxy 2 is better, haha

Man, when I first played Galaxy, I thought holy shit how is Nintendo going to top this one. Then Galaxy 2 gets announced and I'm thinking shit, this is probably just some lazy cash in expansion full of discarded ideas.

Fuuuuuck I had no idea lol. I'm not sure if others feel this strongly about it, but after SMG2 I had no urge to ever play SMG1 again. Weird take I know, SMG1 is a great game. The level design just feels too tame after SMG2.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

39892

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#44 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 39892 Posts

Sounds about right, Nintendo fans are a glutton for punishment and gaming critics are so far up Nintendos rectum they will never criticize them for it.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
robert_sparkes

4102

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#45 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4102 Posts

If there was one mario game to remaster then make it RPG on the SNES.

Avatar image for Planeforger
Planeforger

18339

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#46 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 18339 Posts

I'd pick up some of them again on the Switch, for the right price. They're timeless classics.

I probably wouldn't pay more than $30 for remastered versions though. We'll have to see what they announce.

Also, I love the inflammatory title. I wonder how many people are commenting without reading the article?

Avatar image for adsparky
adsparky

1753

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#47 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 1753 Posts

My favorite is super mario world, but i will leave it as it is, galaxy 1 & 2 would be my pick, and by the way, even if the title is some kind of clickbait is almost a fact that they will be charged full price.

Avatar image for lebanese_boy
lebanese_boy

15333

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#48 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 15333 Posts

Not interested in the past platformers (except maybbbbbeeeeee Galaxy 2 because I never played it), but if they remaster the Paper Mario games I'd be all over them.

Also don't play with my heart with that "new paper mario game" thing, the last two games with that name had nothing to do with the original gameplay.

Avatar image for benleslie5
benleslie5

8900

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 547

User Lists: 0

#49 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 8900 Posts

Been wanting to replay Mario Galaxy again at one point

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

6332

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#50  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 6332 Posts

@lebanese_boy said:

Not interested in the past platformers (except maybbbbbeeeeee Galaxy 2 because I never played it), but if they remaster the Paper Mario games I'd be all over them.

Also don't play with my heart with that "new paper mario game" thing, the last two games with that name had nothing to do with the original gameplay.

Yeah the Wii Paper Mario game was such a let down after TTYD.

If they're gonna do another one I hope it's a return to that style.