Nintendo reaffirms Star Fox, Zelda Wii U coming 2015

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/02/nintendo-reaffirms-star-fox-zelda-wii-u-coming-2015-miyamotos-project-games-also-debuting-next-year/

Awwww yiiiiiiiiiiiiisss

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

"b-but the wii u has no games"

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@farrell2k said:

Again demonstrating that the WiiU has the best exclusive lineup for both 2014 and 2015. No one else even comes close!!!

inb4 PC fanboys

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Well, then maybe Ill buy a wii u in 2015.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Hooray! Looking forward to Zelda.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Nintendo are aiming to release StarFox in 2015 it means.......... I can see it getting delayed.

I don't care about most of those games but there's at least 5-6 games that I'm interested in so could be worse.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

lol change the title to "wiiu takes shit on PS4..zeldaU and starfox reaffirmed"

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'm really curious to find out what Nintendo will do with the control scheme of the new Zelda. They made so many improvements to the franchise with the Wii remote in Skyward Sword. I hope they build on that or find out another way to advance the combat.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@Pikminmaniac: I think going back to the Wiimote would be a mistake since it is not bundled with the system. I agree that the game really needs to do something better than the old z-targeting, though. With 2 thumb sticks, there is simply no need for it.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I don't believe both of them will release in 2015. One of them will get pushed back to 2016.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Consider this the official forewarning: stay as far away from Sonic Boom as possible. That game has disaster written all over it.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

It has future games in the future.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17655 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/02/nintendo-reaffirms-star-fox-zelda-wii-u-coming-2015-miyamotos-project-games-also-debuting-next-year/

Awwww yiiiiiiiiiiiiisss

I've never seen a list that I'm so utterly apathetic towards. Are the majority of those games really what Nintendo fans desire these days? Whatever floats your boat I guess. Zelda, Starfox, and Splatoon are the only ones on there that I hold any interest in. As for them hitting in 2015? Perhaps Zelda at holidays, won't rule Splatoon out, but with what Miyamoto had to say about Starfox at E3?:

"To complete the game within a year, though, is a significant undertaking, even for a company like Nintendo. To make sure it can get the job done, Nintendo may bring in an additional studio for support. Miyamoto said, "This is a game that we've developed internally up until now, but because we do want to bring this to market very soon, we are looking at some potential partner companies that we can team up with." However, Miyamoto also assured fans that he "will be directly in charge of the project," regardless of what other studio Nintendo partners with."

"Even" for a company like Nintendo? More like, "especially" for a company like Nintendo, Shiggy. You guys aren't known for cranking out games in a timely fashion, don't pretend as if you are. Starfox was in such an early state they didn't really even show it at E3 aside from snippets, they didn't even have a developer chosen for it yet., and they now expect us to believe it's only a year away? Unless something at Nintendo has changed I don't find that believable at all.

Think I'll bookmark this thread and save that image and see how well Ninty holds onto its word.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

What's odd is Devils Third, Mario Party 10, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, Watch Dogs Wii U and Fast Racing Neo is absent....though Fast Racing Neo is an E-Shop only game so I will let that slide. But again I say, I doubt there ever was a Wii U version of Watch Dogs. Mario Party 10 was 2015 how can it be gone? Devil's Third was aiming for 2014 then delayed till 2015 so not sure what happened to it, and Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei well all we know is it's on track...lol

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Master_Of_Fools

@starwolf474: Oh yes they will. Starfox has been in the works for 6 years. Zelda about 5 by next November. This 1 year wait is the 1 year delay for Zelda Wii U.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Master_Of_Fools

@MirkoS77 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Awwww yiiiiiiiiiiiiisss

I've never seen a list that I'm so utterly apathetic towards. Are the majority of those games really what Nintendo fans desire these days? Whatever floats your boat I guess. Zelda, Starfox, and Splatoon are the only ones on there that I hold any interest in. As for them hitting in 2015? Perhaps Zelda at holidays, won't rule Splatoon out, but with what Miyamoto had to say about Starfox at E3?:

"To complete the game within a year, though, is a significant undertaking, even for a company like Nintendo. To make sure it can get the job done, Nintendo may bring in an additional studio for support. Miyamoto said, "This is a game that we've developed internally up until now, but because we do want to bring this to market very soon, we are looking at some potential partner companies that we can team up with." However, Miyamoto also assured fans that he "will be directly in charge of the project," regardless of what other studio Nintendo partners with."

"Even" for a company like Nintendo? More like, "especially" for a company like Nintendo, Shiggy. You guys aren't known for cranking out games in a timely fashion, don't pretend as if you are. Starfox was in such an early state they didn't really even show it at E3 aside from snippets, they didn't even have a developer chosen for it yet., and they now expect us to believe it's only a year away? Unless something at Nintendo has changed I don't find that believable at all.

Think I'll bookmark this thread and save that image and see how well Ninty holds onto its word.

Miyamoto has been working on Starfox for the past 6 years in secret, it was going to be a Wii game but ultimately became a Wii U game, it's like Pikmin 3 all over again.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

I've never seen a list that I'm so utterly apathetic towards. Are the majority of those games really what Nintendo fans desire these days? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Don't care about Xenoblade Chronicles X? Spiritual successor to the best JRPG of the 7th gen? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

For me personally, there is a grand total of one PS4 exclusive confirmed for 2015 that I care about. Everyone has different tastes but it's hard to argue any of the other consoles have better exclusive lineups for the rest of this year and 2015.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18250 Posts

Wow, amazing lineup, 2015 is going to be great,

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Delay Zelda U back to holiday 2016 and make it a launch game for a brand new console.

All Nintendo consoles should launch with Zeldas

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

You know the sad part about that.. you probably just listed the entire 2015 WiiU lineup.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And nobody will care because quality first party doesn't seem to sell a console or make it the winner.

A shame really.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

I'm pretty skeptical that project guard and giant robot are actual retail games at this point. Though they could be eshop games i suppose.

I wish Nintendo would highlight more indie games on their list.

And this makes me even more skeptical of watch dogs releasing on wii-u. Just exactly how early in development were they?

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I have such mixed feelings for the Star Fox franchise despite only playing one game.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

And nobody will care because quality first party doesn't seem to sell a console or make it the winner.

A shame really.

I was thinking the same.

Sure it's good to have a strong first party lineup but when the third party support is abysmal it doesn't really matter.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Will believe when I see it...they what delayed DK:TF for Cat Mario 3D World...also delayed Smash - need more time crap. :P ..if they manage to pull it off then great work ..Xenoblade Chronicles X better get release by 2015 - that was announce since Wii U launch. Think Starfox U will be a 2016 title. :P

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

:o I love every Star Fox game so far. Even the adventures game. eXcited.

PrincessSnipey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By PrincessSnipey
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@MonsieurX My husband SNIPER will play Star Citizen and I will play Star fox. :)

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13659 Posts

Wii U is looking REALLY good now. I would say it probably does look awesome next year, however I'm still more looking forward to Arkham Knight than anything else right now.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17655 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Awwww yiiiiiiiiiiiiisss

Miyamoto has been working on Starfox for the past 6 years in secret, it was going to be a Wii game but ultimately became a Wii U game, it's like Pikmin 3 all over again.

If that's true, that's really sad. We'll see. Leave it to Nintendo to reveal a game that fans have been clamoring for for years with barely a fizzle. HYPE!

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#34 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Sony and MS have made the WiiU the most appealing console this generation. I can't believe it, but it's true.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Captain Toad was delayed until 2015.

And a part of me really still doesn't believe smash bros wii u will come out this holiday. They want a wide birth for the 3DS version and there's still no set release date for the Wii U version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

I've never seen a list that I'm so utterly apathetic towards.

Same here. Xenoblade is probably the only "Day 1" game on that list, but a single title won't make me buy (or keep) a console.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#38 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14413 Posts

inb4 jelly cows and lemmings.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

It would have had MORE games in 2015 if 3rd Parties supported it.

Imagine that list up there, but add Resident Evil Remaster, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Batman Arkham Knight, Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain, and The Witcher 3 to the list. The WiiU could have had a banging good Library, but NOPE Nintendo gotta Nintendo.

Not a bad list, but it could have been a heck of a lot better.

Also I highly doubt Star Fox, Project Giant Robot and Project Guard will hit 2015.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I have such mixed feelings for the Star Fox franchise despite only playing one game.

They managed to turn a amazing space shooter to a sucky adventure game...hope you played the first games.

Hope that list of 9 games is not all sheep get next year, i bet WiiU owners will enjoy Witcher 3, oh wait...

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#41  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

There is more games Mario party 10 watch dogs just dance etc

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#42  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

There is more games Mario party 10 watch dogs just dance etc

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Such a great list. There's a fair few games here I can't wait to get my hands on.

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Captain Toad was delayed until 2015.

That was just in Europe I believe.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

A shame really.

Or you could have both. See PS3.

The PS3 didn't get even halfway decent third party support until halfway through it's life. The vast majority of multiplats were better on 360 almost the entire length of the generation. See: Digital Foundry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#49 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

That's a pretty sweet lineup, I gotta admit.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@OhSnapitz: considering skylanders and batman pad the list, that might be the full 2015 list - aside from shovelware nobody wants anyway.