Nintendo or SONY : Which one is the better 1st party developer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#201 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

How many more ignorant people are going to reply to this thread I wonder? LOL

Nintendo tends to be more fresh and creative with old IPs than Sony is with new IPs. Sony has a tendancy to make games that are much like already existing franchises only not quite as good then produce a bunch of rehashes of that game within a generation. Nintendo has a tendancy to reinvent their long-running series with each entry.

Maroxad

That is a ton of crap !!! Sony does new IPs in different genres, Nintendo does rehash of the same games and characters with little change to the core mechanic of the previous game ! Only blind Ninty fanboys like yourself don't see it ! It's simple as that !!!

Wow, just wow...

Super Mario Galaxy is NOTHING like Super Mario 64, which is NOTHING like Super Mario World. Same goes for Zelda, and Metroid, and heck a lot of Nintendo franchises out there that arent pokemon and even Pokemon changes more with each new generation than Uncharted :lol: That said, whether the changes are good or not dephends heavily on the person. I personally think that the 3D Marios peaked with Super Mario 64.

In fact, there is a reason many Nintendo IPs tend to have such divided fanbases.

Yep... all too true.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#202 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

That is a ton of crap !!! Sony does new IPs in different genres, Nintendo does rehash of the same games and characters with little change to the core mechanic of the previous game ! Only blind Ninty fanboys like yourself don't see it ! It's simple as that !!!

nintendoboy16

Wow, just wow...

Super Mario Galaxy is NOTHING like Super Mario 64, which is NOTHING like Super Mario World. Same goes for Zelda, and Metroid, and heck a lot of Nintendo franchises out there that arent pokemon and even Pokemon changes more with each new generation than Uncharted :lol: That said, whether the changes are good or not dephends heavily on the person. I personally think that the 3D Marios peaked with Super Mario 64.

In fact, there is a reason many Nintendo IPs tend to have such divided fanbases.

Yep... all too true.

Lol I'm an odd bird because I love all three Fable's.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="zenszulu"]

No you never.... you kind of just said that the theme of the game means they are just for kids but I much like many people don'y play games just based on their theme I like games with violence and action as much as I like a good platform game or anything that you would claim is just for kids because it has bright colours, you must hate Sony for making games like Rachet and Clank, Little Big Planet and Mod Nation Racers because of their themes.

zenszulu

No I said hoq they strictly avoid certain themes or elements to be kid friendly. It doesn't have to be violence neccesarily. And I don't like those games no. Definitely not.

Kid freindly and just for kids are two different things just because it has brighter colours and an age rating that is lower than 18 doesnt mean it lacks depth or challenge.

Yes but both are bad things. But they do lack depth or challenge. Are the colors brighter to attract children or because they actually make the experience better? Just listen to the music in most of their games, it's so "happy" it's depressing (and bad), if they had real quality music it would improve the quality of the game. But instead they make it silly and kid friendly
Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts
Naughty Dog releases a new game every year to two. Crash and Jak (excluding kart games) were released every year. God of War is released every year to two. Exactly how many collections are available? There's even a collection of two collections that were both sold separately. All of the games in both collections (5 games) were each released within 5 years...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Sony has to rely on making new Ip's because they destroyed their old ones with sequels. Crash, Jak, and Uncharted were released so close between each other. I believe Crash came out every year under Naughty Dog's name and Jak 3 came out the year after 2... Uncharted leading up to LoU came out every 2 years.
However a new 3D Mario game comes out every 3 to 5 years.
The Spyro games were released every year under Insomniac's name as well. Ratchet and Clank comes out every year with the exception of 2006 and 2010.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#206 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="zenszulu"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] No I said hoq they strictly avoid certain themes or elements to be kid friendly. It doesn't have to be violence neccesarily. And I don't like those games no. Definitely not.themajormayor

Kid freindly and just for kids are two different things just because it has brighter colours and an age rating that is lower than 18 doesnt mean it lacks depth or challenge.

Yes but both are bad things. But they do lack depth or challenge. Are the colors brighter to attract children or because they actually make the experience better? Just listen to the music in most of their games, it's so "happy" it's depressing (and bad), if they had real quality music it would improve the quality of the game. But instead they make it silly and kid friendly

You haven't been keeping up with Nintendo's offerings have you? Many of Nintendo's games aree kid friendly, yes, but hardcore approved.

There are no Sony games that match the level of difficulty that New Super Mario Bros. U, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Punch-Out!!, Sin and Punishment Star Successor or even Nintendo Land reach.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Pikminmaniac

You haven't been keeping up with Nintendo's offerings have you? Many of Nintendo's games aree kid friendly, yes, but hardcore approved.

There are no Sony games that match the level of difficulty that New Super Mario Bros. U, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Punch-Out!!, Sin and Punishment Star Successor or even Nintendo Land reach.

Fire Emblem is another example, such a complex RPG. Xenoblade isn't really geared towards children, it has those elements. Same with Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Pikminmaniac

He needs to play New Super Mario Bros U. I'd like to see him breeze through Morton's Compactor, not challenging at all.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 themajormayor

Pikminmaniac

Of course I haven't. But I doubt they are more difficult than Demon's Souls (easiest Sony game)
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 themajormayor
[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] Yes but both are bad things. But they do lack depth or challenge. Are the colors brighter to attract children or because they actually make the experience better? Just listen to the music in most of their games, it's so "happy" it's depressing (and bad), if they had real quality music it would improve the quality of the game. But instead they make it silly and kid friendlyRogueStatus28

He needs to play New Super Mario Bros U. I'd like to see him breeze through Morton's Compactor, not challenging at all.

Doesn't look harder than the older marios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
[QUOTE="RogueStatus28"][QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

themajormayor

Doesn't look harder than the older marios

Uncharted, Little Big Planet, God of War, Killzone, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, and Resistance are now considered hard? If it's on normal difficulty and it's not hard then it's not hard...
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Pikminmaniac

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] Yes but both are bad things. But they do lack depth or challenge. Are the colors brighter to attract children or because they actually make the experience better? Just listen to the music in most of their games, it's so "happy" it's depressing (and bad), if they had real quality music it would improve the quality of the game. But instead they make it silly and kid friendlythemajormayor

Of course I haven't. But I doubt they are more difficult than Demon's Souls (easiest Sony game)

Nice try, Demon's Souls is not Sony's. Stop trying to say it is. What's the hardest sony game out there? They're fun, but I can't think of any thatwould give you a real run for your money.

Wiiyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Wiiyou
Member since 2012 • 650 Posts

Windwaker, the best game of all time, Nintendo is god, sorry Sony better luck 2nd place ;)

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#214 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I do like a couple sony franchises but being that Metroid is on nintendo then...nintendo would be my choice

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Pikminmaniac

Nice try, Demon's Souls is not Sony's. Stop trying to say it is. What's the hardest sony game out there? They're fun, but I can't think of any thatwould give you a real run for your money.

Yes it is. Owned, developed and published by Sony. It depends on the difficulty. At higher difficulty they are all very hard
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

WoW, that's a lot of games that i'm not interested in ! So, I say Sony ! Their games just appeal more to me. And just because you said in another post that who ever chooses Sony is a retard i would add who ever picks Nintendo is a 12 year old imbecel !

DISSESHOWEDO

...a twelve year old that plays super mario 64 over COD? Is there something missing here?

hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 hanman9
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

[QUOTE="Samus3D"]

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ImageThe Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ImageSuper Mario 64 ImagePaper Mario ImageDonkey Kong 64 ImageStar Fox 64 ImageF-Zero X ImageMario Kart 64 ImageSuper Smash Bros. Image

Metroid Prime ImageThe Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker ImageSuper Smash Bros. Melee ImageSuper Mario Sunshine ImageMetroid Prime 2: Echoes ImagePikmin 2 ImageF-Zero GX ImagePaper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door ImageMario Kart: Double Dash!! Image

Super Mario Galaxy ImageSuper Mario Galaxy 2 ImageThe Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ImageSuper Smash Bros. Brawl ImageThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ImageXenoblade Chronicles ImageMetroid Prime 3: Corruption ImageDonkey Kong Country Returns ImageSuper Paper Mario Image

Such a hard choice, LMAO

DISSESHOWEDO

WoW, that's a lot of games that i'm not interested in ! So, I say Sony ! Their games just appeal more to me. And just because you said in another post that who ever chooses Sony is a retard i would add who ever picks Nintendo is a 12 year old imbecel !

You're the one that looks like a 12 year old IMBECILE! If your gonna troll someone then at least learn some friggin' decent spelling and grammer skills, idiot. Pfft!

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#218 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Got to go with sony here as nintendo has a very limited selection of game styles and IP's.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Pikminmaniac

This is the same guy that was saying PS1 and PS2 games should be counted as PS3 games since they can be played on the PS3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

"Sony because nintendo is kiddy and they rehash"... Compelling arguement idiot.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="Samus3D"]

Such a hard choice, LMAO

hanman9

You're the one that looks like a 12 year old IMBECILE! If you're gonna troll someone, then at least learn some friggin' decent spelling and grammer skills, idiot. Pfft!

jman1553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 jman1553
Member since 2009 • 1332 Posts

inb4 Sony wins because of Cows and stupid reasons when Nintendo is blatantly better.

[QUOTE="MaskedPlayer"]

Nintendo are good but sony are better.

There are hardly any nintendo exclusives that appeal to people aged 18+

DarkLink77

Or not.

Nintendo is not "blatantly better." It's an opinionated based question. Get your head out of your ass.
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

inb4 Sony wins because of Cows and stupid reasons when Nintendo is blatantly better.

[QUOTE="MaskedPlayer"]

Nintendo are good but sony are better.

There are hardly any nintendo exclusives that appeal to people aged 18+

jman1553

Or not.

Nintendo is not "blatantly better." It's an opinionated based question. Get your head out of your ass.

It certainly does come down to opinion. The thing is there is a such thing as having a sh*t opinion.

You're entitled to say a McDonalds cheeseburger combo is better than a New York Strip dinner. Just as I would be entitled to tell you your opinion sucks.

Avatar image for trigger_cross93
trigger_cross93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 trigger_cross93
Member since 2012 • 29 Posts

Why don't we just look at who's sold the most in the past couple gens and who has the highest rated games? Wouldn't that actually answer the question objectively?

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#225 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Sony is better. Nintendo tells the same story over and over. They are in original. Sony has more games with more stories and more game generation types.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#226 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ImageThe Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ImageSuper Mario 64 ImagePaper Mario ImageDonkey Kong 64 ImageStar Fox 64 ImageF-Zero X ImageMario Kart 64 ImageSuper Smash Bros. Image

Metroid Prime ImageThe Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker ImageSuper Smash Bros. Melee ImageSuper Mario Sunshine ImageMetroid Prime 2: Echoes ImagePikmin 2 ImageF-Zero GX ImagePaper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door ImageMario Kart: Double Dash!! Image

Super Mario Galaxy ImageSuper Mario Galaxy 2 ImageThe Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ImageSuper Smash Bros. Brawl ImageThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ImageXenoblade Chronicles ImageMetroid Prime 3: Corruption ImageDonkey Kong Country Returns ImageSuper Paper Mario Image

Such a hard choice, LMAO

Samus3D
My decade of gaming in a nutshell
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#227 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"] To my knowledge it's still contractual. These developers existed beforehand, and we're acquired by Sony. Example, Bungie. Ms fronted the money, Bungie developed the game. Heirren

Actually all but one existed before they were part of Sony. Polyphony Digital was part of Sony then the success of Gran Turismo Sony let them change their teams name to stand apart from the rest of Sony.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure Sony just buys out the up and coming studios, or the studios come with a game proposal for Sony, and then go from there.

Polyphony Digital was founded by people that were at Sony and they made 3 games with Sony before Sony let them have their own studio and call themselves whatever they wanted.

They made Motor Toon Grand Prix 1 and 2 then Gran Turismo and after Gran Turismo was a success they got to change their name.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Just some facts (they are facts because I say so)

• Both produce some challening and difficult games.
  • Both produce plenty for the core audience
  • Both of them innovate.
  • Both of them produce plenty of new IPs. While I don't know the exact details about Sony, I do know that Nintendo created over 60 IPs this gen.
  • Nintendo goes for a more arcadey appeal, Sony goes for a more cinematic blockbuster appeal.

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
I say Sony. They seem to push more in terms of Graphics and Gameplay and what can be done. Nintendo just remakes the same games over and over again. I honestly don't get this obsession with Nintendo
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
[QUOTE="Samus3D"]

Such a hard choice, LMAO

wiifan001

I'm Sensing fan boy
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Currently sony

Nintendo in the past

Hopefully that changes soon. To be fair, across handhelds and consoles they are not too far apart for me. MKDS, MK7, SMG, SMG2, Pushmo, and others are all fantastic games. I just wish they could get Zelda and Metroid back to glory.

Shinobishyguy

Don't forget 3d land and Kid Icarus.

Hell when you factor in handhelds it's no contest on who's first party is better really.

i wouldnt put 3D Land among the best of the best, but I have yet to play KIU. Might get it for Christmas :P

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

And since I hear the same idiotic drivel being repeated over and over, I add 1 more fact.

Despite several of their franchises being old. Nintendo usually finds way to innovate within their old IPs and make them feel somewhat fresh again. Super Mario Galaxy is a very good example of this.

i wouldnt put 3D Land among the best of the best, but I have yet to play KIU. Might get it for Christmas :P

NaveedLife

Kid Icarus: Uprising is the best game on the 3DS, get it :D

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Pikminmaniac

I say Sony. They seem to push more in terms of Graphics and Gameplay and what can be done. Nintendo just remakes the same games over and over again. I honestly don't get this obsession with Nintendoziggyww

there's your problem right there. You have no idea what you're talking about. Also, Nintendo always makes their IPs fresh in each iteration and Sony, while they make great games, always follow in the footsteps of others who do what they do but better.

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="Samus3D"]Such a hard choice, LMAOziggyww

I'm Sensing fan boy

what tipped you off? lol
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

I say Sony. They seem to push more in terms of Graphics and Gameplay and what can be done. Nintendo just remakes the same games over and over again. I honestly don't get this obsession with Nintendoziggyww

Wondering if you played any of their newest games honestly. They are far from remakes. If anything Sony rehashes far more given how many first parties that have come out these past seven years from them.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that's said this.

On a more happier note, Ninty all the way! :D

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Currently sony

Nintendo in the past

Hopefully that changes soon. To be fair, across handhelds and consoles they are not too far apart for me. MKDS, MK7, SMG, SMG2, Pushmo, and others are all fantastic games. I just wish they could get Zelda and Metroid back to glory.

NaveedLife

Hell when you factor in handhelds it's no contest on who's first party is better really.

Not to be a hater, but I wasn't very enthusiastic about KIU compared to most ppl. Something was off and it wasn't just the little control issues I had.

I'm left handed, so even the optimal option felt slightly funny to me, mind you I didnt have that pro pad thing.

That wasn't the most annoying thing though. They had a semblance of story but for the most part you are so thick in action that you rarely listen to it. THe ground battles gameplay kind of sucks alittle bit on the reaction side and the wrong movements. The air battles are tougher imo considering you have less freedom of movement, but is still overall better. The stages can be kind of tough on 8 and 9 difficulties, but couple this with my control shift and my reflexes tend to be slower than someone with a stylus making it harder. This is my own little gripe though and may change per user.

I think that will be all for my rant. I got more pros and cons but honestly why am I even typing this. :?

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

Sony does not develop games... They hire their goons/ henchmen to do their dirty work. Nintendo is a game developer. Also Sony will never have their Miyamoto or legacy such as.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#238 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Currently sony

Nintendo in the past

NaveedLife

3d land may not be as mind blowing as the galaxy games but it's still on of the best handheld platformers I've ever played.

That and it makes the best use of the 3d out of any 3ds game I've played

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Nintendo hands down
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

Nintendo. Mario is timeless. Ps3 exclusives will be forgotten.