Nintendo NX confirmed for 2016 release!

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#101 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
@emgesp said:
@Chozofication said:

@emgesp: Call it like you see it with games you haven't played. You didn't say you didn't own a Wii U, but it's just that obvious. You can't just watch a bunch of youtube videos and judge that way. But I have played all of those Ps3 games, and they're just not as good as Wii U stuffs. Bayonetta 2 has better lighting/effects and runs faster than GOW, need for speed beats any racing game on Ps3 or 360, Tropical freeze and 3D world look better than cartoon like games on PS3 and run twice as fast. All this extra memory and a better gpu, but 100% of the developers who made games for Wii U can't beat Ps3 games. Mhm. Even compared to 360's games those cinematic PS3 exclusives were overrated graphically when they came out.

I do own a NES, but it doesn't matter what I own or you own, plenty of fanboys own consoles they don't particularly like. It does matter however, that you don't own a Wii U but seem to fancy yourself an expert on its games, and love to point out its sales frequently. Personally I don't care that it's sold badly, I get what I want out of it, but I do know the more competition the better. I am critical of them, the Wii U should've been more powerful, they should've supported it better and the tablet was half baked, but I also know what i'm talking about and have experience with it. The Wii as well, Nintendo's definitely made mistakes that I haven't been happy with, but I give credit where credit is due, they still make far better games than the first party hacks at Sony and MS.

You're too obvious.

You need to lay off your assumptions buddy. I've had extensive time on the Wii U for me to judge it adequately. No, you don't have to own a product to be able to have an opinion about it. I don't bash the Wii U simply because it sold badly, two of my favorite consoles sold like crap (TG-16 and Dreamcast), so that's a non factor. I bash it because it deserves to be bashed. It's a 8th gen console, with 7th generation level horsepower, weak third party support and has an expensive tablet controller that has been underutilized to say the least. Don't forget it's still priced only $50 cheaper than both the PS4/XB1.

Notice, you never see me bash the 3DS because I think its a decent handheld. I personally didn't buy one because handhelds in general just don't interest me anymore.

I still don't see how me disliking the Wii U proves I'm not a true Nintendo fan. I swear I'm gonna keep posting this pic until its ingrained in your heads that I'm not BS'ing when i say Nintendo is my favorite gaming company.

It's still akin to calling the Star Wars franchise your favorite film franchise, even though you hate the Prequels, and perhaps Force Awakens, to the point of pretending they don't exist. It's only the old ones that are your favorite. You only distanced yourself further as the years go by.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:
@Chozofication said:

@emgesp: Call it like you see it with games you haven't played. You didn't say you didn't own a Wii U, but it's just that obvious. You can't just watch a bunch of youtube videos and judge that way. But I have played all of those Ps3 games, and they're just not as good as Wii U stuffs. Bayonetta 2 has better lighting/effects and runs faster than GOW, need for speed beats any racing game on Ps3 or 360, Tropical freeze and 3D world look better than cartoon like games on PS3 and run twice as fast. All this extra memory and a better gpu, but 100% of the developers who made games for Wii U can't beat Ps3 games. Mhm. Even compared to 360's games those cinematic PS3 exclusives were overrated graphically when they came out.

I do own a NES, but it doesn't matter what I own or you own, plenty of fanboys own consoles they don't particularly like. It does matter however, that you don't own a Wii U but seem to fancy yourself an expert on its games, and love to point out its sales frequently. Personally I don't care that it's sold badly, I get what I want out of it, but I do know the more competition the better. I am critical of them, the Wii U should've been more powerful, they should've supported it better and the tablet was half baked, but I also know what i'm talking about and have experience with it. The Wii as well, Nintendo's definitely made mistakes that I haven't been happy with, but I give credit where credit is due, they still make far better games than the first party hacks at Sony and MS.

You're too obvious.

You need to lay off your assumptions buddy. I've had extensive time on the Wii U for me to judge it adequately. No, you don't have to own a product to be able to have an opinion about it. I don't bash the Wii U simply because it sold badly, two of my favorite consoles sold like crap (TG-16 and Dreamcast), so that's a non factor. I bash it because it deserves to be bashed. It's a 8th gen console, with 7th generation level horsepower, weak third party support and has an expensive tablet controller that has been underutilized to say the least. Don't forget it's still priced only $50 cheaper than both the PS4/XB1.

Notice, you never see me bash the 3DS because I think its a decent handheld. I personally didn't buy one because handhelds in general just don't interest me anymore.

I still don't see how me disliking the Wii U proves I'm not a true Nintendo fan. I swear I'm gonna keep posting this pic until its ingrained in your heads that I'm not BS'ing when i say Nintendo is my favorite gaming company.

It's still akin to calling the Star Wars franchise your favorite film franchise, even though you hate the Prequels, and perhaps Force Awakens, to the point of pretending they don't exist. It's only the old ones that are your favorite. You only distanced yourself further as the years go by.

I still play on my Wii and DS so I haven't really distanced myself that much. Also, I'm keeping an open mind with the NX.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I am getting the nx.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

@speak_low said:

This is impossible. Nintendo would never burn their fanbase like this. It is too early.

NX is coming out in 2017, mark my words. The Wii U is profitable and Nintendo is making enough money to take their time.

Am I the only one that think he's being sarcastic? lol

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

The controller of the NX will determine if I eventually get it. I loved the NES, SNES and Gamecube as they had great games and good controllers for their time. I hated the N64 and Wii controllers and I found their games lacking. I looked at the Wii-U tablet and ignored the system. Glad I did.

Give me a normal controller as the primary controller for the NX. For the love of God Nintendo... a normal controller.

Avatar image for scrollinglayers
ScrollingLayers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ScrollingLayers
Member since 2015 • 632 Posts

@Chozofication said:
@emgesp said:
@bunchanumbers said:

You realize that PS3 couldn't even run on the power that Wii U uses? That is the point. Wii U uses half the power that the super slim uses. Wii U uses little more power than a PS2 and has some very impressive games. No matter how you paint it, Wii U does great things while using little power and puts it all in a neat little package.

Yes its power efficient as it should be considering it came out 7 yrs after the 360 while only offering about 1.5x more horsepower. The PS4 offers better performance per watt than the Wii U. Wii U = 33 watts TDP with around 300 Gflops raw floating point performance. PS4 (Revised Motherboard) = 115 watts TDP with performance of 1.84 Tflops

PS4 is around 6x more capable than the Wii U while consuming only around 3.5x more watts.

For somebody whose favorite gaming company is Nintendo you sure try hard to make them look bad.

1.84 tf / 5 = 368 gigaflops vs. Wii U's 352. 5.2x stronger, yeah that's around 6x. And you use the revised Ps4 against the launch Wii U, first off you should compare the launch Ps4 and second Nintendo improves their consoles as well, Wii got 2 die shrinks but Nintendo doesn't report that stuff and wasn't found out until later. Wii U's today could very well be more efficient.

And no, no Ps3 game can match Wii U's best. The difference in hardware is so obvious that Criterion implemented the PC version's high res textures for need for speed U in 10 minutes with no performance hit. The memory gap is just that big, forget about the DX 10 gpu. That game almost looks next gen at night, a launch window 3rd party title. Wii U games, pretty consistently have higher res textures, better lighting and higher frame rates than 360 and Ps3 games.

Nintendo is your favorite gaming company like Monsanto is my favorite produce company.

I don't believe for 1 second that Wii U is 368 gigaflops. The GPU is just 176 gigaflops and no way does that weak CPU make up the difference. The main strengths of Wii U is the DX10-class / shader model 4.1 GPU feature set with better efficiency and the larger amount of RAM.

Not a much higher performance GPU over 360/PS3, which does not exist in Nintendo's console.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@scrollinglayers said:
@Chozofication said:

For somebody whose favorite gaming company is Nintendo you sure try hard to make them look bad.

1.84 tf / 5 = 368 gigaflops vs. Wii U's 352. 5.2x stronger, yeah that's around 6x. And you use the revised Ps4 against the launch Wii U, first off you should compare the launch Ps4 and second Nintendo improves their consoles as well, Wii got 2 die shrinks but Nintendo doesn't report that stuff and wasn't found out until later. Wii U's today could very well be more efficient.

And no, no Ps3 game can match Wii U's best. The difference in hardware is so obvious that Criterion implemented the PC version's high res textures for need for speed U in 10 minutes with no performance hit. The memory gap is just that big, forget about the DX 10 gpu. That game almost looks next gen at night, a launch window 3rd party title. Wii U games, pretty consistently have higher res textures, better lighting and higher frame rates than 360 and Ps3 games.

Nintendo is your favorite gaming company like Monsanto is my favorite produce company.

I don't believe for 1 second that Wii U is 368 gigaflops. The GPU is just 176 gigaflops and no way does that weak CPU make up the difference. The main strengths of Wii U is the DX10-class / shader model 4.1 GPU feature set and efficiency and the larger amount of RAM. Not a much higher performance GPU which does not exist in that console.

368 was a 5th of the Ps4's flops. Wii U is 352. Multiplats couldn't run the same on Wii U as they are on 360, or better such as Need for speed U with all its enhancements if the gpu is weaker than 360's, that's an impossibility. There's some apples to apples for ya if you can't see what Wii U exlusives are doing.

Wii U's gpu is literally the ati 4650m.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By emgesp

@Chozofication said:
@scrollinglayers said:
@Chozofication said:

I don't believe for 1 second that Wii U is 368 gigaflops. The GPU is just 176 gigaflops and no way does that weak CPU make up the difference. The main strengths of Wii U is the DX10-class / shader model 4.1 GPU feature set and efficiency and the larger amount of RAM. Not a much higher performance GPU which does not exist in that console.

368 was a 5th of the Ps4's flops. Wii U is 352. Multiplats couldn't run the same on Wii U as they are on 360, or better such as Need for speed U with all its enhancements if the gpu is weaker than 360's, that's an impossibility. There's some apples to apples for ya if you can't see what Wii U exlusives are doing.

Wii U's gpu is literally the ati 4650m.

Need for Speed's enhancements can be contributed more to the Wii U having more ram available. Outside of better textures what is really improved in the Wii U port? The frame rate is still not all that great. For a console that came out 7 yrs after its competition it should be running that game at 60fps and in a higher res. The Wii U version is still sub HD and still can't maintain a stable 30fps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@emgesp: Night lighting reflections and lod. Like I said, you need more than youtube videos, it looks quite great. Definitely the standout Wii U port.

In the daytime it looks nice, but in the Ps3 and 360 versions the night lighting is this kind of green haze that was common in that generation, Red dead redemption has that. It really looks like night in NFS U, and with all the lights, improved textures and reflections going it looks pretty impressive.

Also the god mode on the gamepad is fun, messing with traffic, police and time of day.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 emgesp

@Chozofication said:

@emgesp: Night lighting reflections and lod. Like I said, you need more than youtube videos, it looks quite great. Definitely the standout Wii U port.

In the daytime it looks nice, but in the Ps3 and 360 versions the night lighting is this kind of green haze that was common in that generation, Red dead redemption has that. It really looks like night in NFS U, and with all the lights, improved textures and reflections going it looks pretty impressive.

Still, what's the excuse for the sub HD resolution and only 30fps which is not even stable? Developers being lazy, or is the Wii U just that weak?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@emgesp said:
@Chozofication said:

Still, what's the excuse for the sub HD resolution and only 30fps which is not even stable? Developers being lazy, or is the Wii U just that weak?

It's not sub HD, it's got a tiny crop at the top and bottom of the screens. It's like 1280x704 or something, no upscale, you can't notice it.

The game runs pretty smoothly. Criterion only worked on it for 6 months, i'm sure they could do better with a second game but it's still significantly more impressive than Ps3 and 360 stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#112 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Nintendo is coming!

DrkeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 DrkeX
Member since 2003 • 645 Posts

Only 2 reasons I would get it

Beefier system than PS4

Backwards compatibility with the Wii U, I never owned one so buying a NX with a massive log of great wii u games would be great, and boost sales for wii u software

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#114 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

@DrkeX said:

Backwards compatibility with the Wii U, I never owned one so buying a NX with a massive log of great wii u games would be great, and boost sales for wii u software

Seems unlikely, Nintendo have made it very clear that they want a complete break from the Wii line with the NX

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#115 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@khoofia_pika said:
@DrkeX said:

Seems unlikely, Nintendo have made it very clear that they want a complete break from the Wii line with the NX

I think that disc based BC is impossible. I'm thinking they're gonna be going to carts. This would pretty much make all disc based BC impossible. I wouldn't be surprised if digital BC happens though.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#116  Edited By khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:
@khoofia_pika said:
@DrkeX said:

I think that disc based BC is impossible. I'm thinking they're gonna be going to carts. This would pretty much make all disc based BC impossible. I wouldn't be surprised if digital BC happens though.

Yeah, I think they're gonna go with carts as well. It would make sense, considering their handheld-console crossover model.

But yes, digital backwards compatibility does remain a possibility (almost a certainty, actually, if we are to go by Nintendo's past trends).

rakadewa19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 rakadewa19
Member since 2015 • 104 Posts

I have my eye on this.