koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

Nintendo fans love rebuying same games every gen. But whaddaya know, they were excited for Super Bomberman; an indie looking game for 60$.

They enjoy that sweet Nintendo tax.

@PCgameruk said:
@Ant_17 said:

You didn't know it existed?

I new about Bayonetta 2 but not the Bayonetta 2 special edition that included the first game.

The first one is on PC too, Mr. PCgamerUk

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#53  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@jaydan said:
@PCgameruk said:
@ConanTheStoner said:
@jaydan said:

It's too bad all you PC Beggars don't realize Bayonetta 2 will never come to PC.

I mean, I'm sure most of us realize that the chances of this game going to a non-Nintendo platform are 0.01%.

It would probably require Platinum/Sega paying their way out of whatever contract they have with Nintendo, stripping out the Nintendo themed assets, and then dealing with the cost of porting it over. For a game that doesn't sell big numbers, yeah probably not gonna happen.

Just a dream bro. Playing Bayo 2 with unwavering framerate, proper image quality, the controller of my choice, and not having to keep old hardware around to play it? Yes plz.

It depends on the contract if its a timed exclusive or a full on exclusive for Nintnendo. I would highly doubt SEGA would agree to keep it a full on exclusive when they could release it across multiple platforms. Nintnedo would of had to put up a huge amount of money and i don't see that happening, i feel its a timed exclusive.

The problem is it has Nintendo's fingerprints all over the thing.

If it ever did go multiplat, I think it would be entirely up to Nintendo if they were to sell off licensing rights. Not because of it being a timed-exclusive but because they just don't need it anymore.

They did do that before...when they sold Rare, along did they sell off the licensing rights to Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark and all that.

Licensing? Nintendo may hold some rights over Bayo2 but it doesnt own the game. We dont know the terms behind its exclusivity contract. It may have slim chances or it even may be impossible, but without knowing the terms behind SEGA (SEGA, not Platinum, cause SEGA is the one who owns the IP) and Nintendo's contract we cant say for sure how much power Nintendo has over Bayo2. Especially cause, as I've already pointed out, there are plenty of examples of games funded by a console publisher that still went multiplat later (or waaay later) down the line (cases like Mass Effect 1, Max and Cursed Brothehood, Dust an Elysian Tail, LIMBO, Nioh, etc, etc). One thing would be if Nintendo owned the IP (like Sony does with Bloodborne), but when it comes to 3rd party "exclusivity"... you never know

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

@koko-goal said:

Nintendo fans love rebuying same games every gen. But whaddaya know, they were excited for Super Bomberman; an indie looking game for 60$.

@PCgameruk said:
@Ant_17 said:

I new about Bayonetta 2 but not the Bayonetta 2 special edition that included the first game.

I know i finished it a few times, but if Bayonetta 2 were to be ported id hope its the bundle.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@jaydan said:
@PCgameruk said:
@ConanTheStoner said:
@jaydan said:

It's too bad all you PC Beggars don't realize Bayonetta 2 will never come to PC.

I mean, I'm sure most of us realize that the chances of this game going to a non-Nintendo platform are 0.01%.

It would probably require Platinum/Sega paying their way out of whatever contract they have with Nintendo, stripping out the Nintendo themed assets, and then dealing with the cost of porting it over. For a game that doesn't sell big numbers, yeah probably not gonna happen.

Just a dream bro. Playing Bayo 2 with unwavering framerate, proper image quality, the controller of my choice, and not having to keep old hardware around to play it? Yes plz.

It depends on the contract if its a timed exclusive or a full on exclusive for Nintnendo. I would highly doubt SEGA would agree to keep it a full on exclusive when they could release it across multiple platforms. Nintnedo would of had to put up a huge amount of money and i don't see that happening, i feel its a timed exclusive.

The problem is it has Nintendo's fingerprints all over the thing.

If it ever did go multiplat, I think it would be entirely up to Nintendo if they were to sell off licensing rights. Not because of it being a timed-exclusive but because they just don't need it anymore.

They did do that before...when they sold Rare, along did they sell off the licensing rights to Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark and all that.

Licensing? Nintendo may hold some rights over Bayo2 but it doesnt own the game. We dont know the terms behind its exclusivity contract. It may have slim chances or it even may be impossible, but without knowing the terms behind SEGA (SEGA, not Platinum, cause SEGA is the one who owns the IP) and Nintendo's contract we cant say for sure how much power Nintendo has over Bayo2. Especially cause, as I've already pointed out, there are plenty of examples of games funded by a console publisher that still went multiplat later (or waaay later) down the line (cases like Mass Effect 1, Max and Cursed Brothehood, Dust an Elysian Tail, LIMBO, Nioh, etc, etc). One thing would be if Nintendo owned the IP (like Sony does with Bloodborne), but when it comes to 3rd party "exclusivity"... you never know

As I've stated, and with Rare as an example of Nintendo passing off once Nintendo IP's, they can do that, but I can't say how likely that would be. Nintendo has the publishing rights for the game after all, and you can see that right on the box. If they choose not to pass off publishing rights, then the odds of Bayonetta 2 ever ending up on a non-Nintendo system seems unlikely.

I'm pretty certain Nintendo would see how well Bayonetta 2 performs on the Switch first, and even after that I'm sure there's less than 1% chance it can be considered for other platforms.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#56 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@koko-goal said:

@PCgameruk said:
@Ant_17 said:

Again, Sony, Activision, and Capcom have been doing the same shit and people don't complain when people buy the Last of Us, CoD: MW, and MvC3 again.

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

didnt platinum tease a port alongside a port of wonderful 101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@jaydan said:

Nintendo has the publishing rights for the game after all

Publishing rights are worthless. Sony had the publishing rights to Nioh, MS had the publishing rights to Mass Effect 1, Ninja Gaiden 2, Max and the Cursed Brotherhood, Dust an Elysian Tail, LIMBO, etc, etc...

Publishing rights can have an expiration date. Nintendo publishing rights might have an expiration date or it may not. We dont know. Only Nintendo and SEGA know the contract details. Thats all I'm trying to say.

Now Nintendo fans saying it'll never happen because Kamyia said so or because Nintendo funded and published the game is being a little ahead of themselves when we've been proven time and time again 3rd party exclusivity is frail as hell

Sure there are some exceptions (MGS4 is still exclusive to the PS3 to this day) but we never know. A time may come where Nintendo wont have any say on the matter and SEGA can do w/e it pleases

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Bad example as NG2 is still (unfortunately) a 360 exclusive. :(

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56087 Posts

@jaydan said:

I can live with that. I already own Bayonetta 2 Wii U, if it doesn't come to PC ever then no biggie.

Even as a PC gamer myself, console exclusive I can go by if no PC port isn't coming in the near future.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nintendoboy16

@Vatusus: @charizard1605 explained it enough on why Bayonetta 2 is a different story than NG2 (believe me, he does it to me so much, it broke scouters). Maybe if you put aside your anti-Nintendo mentality for just TWO seconds.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@davillain- said:

Beyonetta 2 PC version or don't come back with a Switch version.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#63 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

NG2 is technically exclusive yes, but lets not pretend that its the only version of its kind. NG Sigma 2 and NG2 are the same game. His point is, licensing can be circumvented. If they wanted Bayonetta 2 to come to PC or other consoles they'd probably call it "Bayonetta Reloaded" or "Bayonetta Sigma 2" or whatever name they might come up with, make a few insignificant cosmetic changes and you have yourself Bayonetta 2 on PC/PS4/X1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Vatusus: @charizard1605 explained it enough on why Bayonetta 2 is a different story than NG2 (believe me, he does it to me so much, it broke scouters). Maybe if you put aside your anti-Nintendo mentality for just TWO seconds.

You explained nothing. I explained why your points were mute. You still havent provided any source for you claim that Bayo2 uses Nintendo code (and even if you present a viable link it can still be refuted by the simple fact an engine and code can be changed to fit the game on current gen consoles thus not needing to use the "Nintendo code" you're talking about. Hell, all they need to do is use the PC version code of Bayonetta 1 and voila, no need for any Nintendo code whatsoever). And the fact Satoru Iwata is executive producer is pointless. Executive Producer has little, if anything, to do with ownership.

So, how about you rather put aside your Nintendo fanboy mentality for just TWO seconds?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@ConanTheStoner said:

K, how about if they make a Bayonetta "Sigma" 2? If that means Bayonetta stays Nintendo "exclusive" then so be it ;D

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Dark_sageX

@jaydan said:

You do realize that PC gamers can emulate the game right? not really much there to "beg" for is it?

With that said, whats wrong with wishing for the game to come to PC? it would look and perform much better than the WiiU (let alone the Switch). To me its more of a matter of showing the devs some support, I'd pay them to bring Bayonetta 2 to PC, and if they refuse then I'll forget about it (Or emulate it, either way its their loss).

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ConanTheStoner
@Vatusus said:

K, how about if they make a Bayonetta "Sigma" 2? If that means Bayonetta stays Nintendo "exclusive" then so be it ;D

As long as it's not a neutered version of Bayo 2 the way Sigma 2 is to NG2, I'd be all for it.

But yeah, I absolutely want Bayo 2 on other platforms, the game is fantastic. One of this gens best really.

@Dark_sageX said:

NG Sigma 2 and NG2 are the same game.

No no no no no no. NOOOOOO.

nOPE.

It's a fair mistake if you played NGB and NG Sigma and thought NG2 and Sigma 2 would be similar, but it's not. At all. lol. Sigma didn't stray far from NGB, but Sigma 2 is a different thing.

But yes, I get his point, was really just jabbing at the fact that Sigma 2 isn't half the game that NG2 is.

@Dark_sageX said:

You do realize that PC gamers can emulate the game right?

Unfortunately it's still busted. WiiU is still the only way to play it. Hopefully we'll get there though.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Vatusus said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

You explained nothing. I explained why your points were mute. You still havent provided any source for you claim that Bayo2 uses Nintendo code (and even if you present a viable link it can still be refuted by the simple fact an engine and code can be changed to fit the game on current gen consoles thus not needing to use the "Nintendo code" you're talking about. Hell, all they need to do is use the PC version code of Bayonetta 1 and voila, no need for any Nintendo code whatsoever). And the fact Satoru Iwata is executive producer is pointless. Executive Producer has little, if anything, to do with ownership.

So, how about you rather put aside your Nintendo fanboy mentality for just TWO seconds?

Dude, for f*** sake! Nintendo was the one who freaking rescued the game from what would have stayed in SEGA's hell of cancelled and unused games at the time, they funded it. They put freaking input into it. What else do you need to freaking know?

Damn, stubborn as a mule.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Vatusus said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Dude, for f*** sake! Nintendo was the one who freaking rescued the game from what would have stayed in SEGA's hell of cancelled and unused games at the time, they funded it. They put freaking input into it. What else do you need to freaking know?

So fuckin what?! Its ironic you call me a stubborn mule when you're the only fanboy here who cant comprehend the notion that there are PLENTY of other examples of games funded by console publishers that STILL ended up on the competitor consoles! Do you know how much money Nintendo actually put on Bayo2? Did they funded it in full? No? Then shut the f*ck up. For all we know Nintendo only funded a part of Bayo2 for the timed exclusivity, you dont f*ckin know, we dont f*ckin know. Stop being stubborn

Jesus, it's like you're turning def ears.

edit: I'm still waiting for your link about the code.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Vatusus said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Calm down bra

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Dark_sageX

@ConanTheStoner: Dude, the only difference between the games are a few cosmetic changes (Sigma 2 doesn't have blood, which is kind of shit but still in the grand scheme of things insignificant) and a few slight performance differences (PS3 version is a bit slower due to higher texture graphics) but otherwise both games play the same, they have the same combat, same story, same characters, same content (sort of, not a big enough difference thats note worthy), same game.

And Bayonetta 2 isn't a bust, its fully playable on PC (provided you have the hardware to support it)

Loading Video...

game is pretty much fully playable from what I have seen, in fact I'm gonna try it out myself once I decide on a GPU, the devs behind CEMU have made incredible strides since the last time I tried out their emulator (back then it was a 1.6, now its at 1.10 and it looks like 1.11 update is around the corner).

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#72 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I never played either Bayonetta so I'd buy on switch I a heartbeat.

bu bu bu i like gameplay too gagan...no the **** you don't. Way to be responsible for the death of fun in video games geoff.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@Dark_sageX said:

@ConanTheStoner: Dude, the only difference between the games are a few cosmetic changes

lmao plz bro. Come on now.

I get what you guys are saying in that the game shares a lot of the same framework. I get that for this topic it makes some sense to bring it up, not gonna continue acting disingenuous about it lol.

But you are severely underselling the differences here. I own a copy of Sigma 2 + a PS3 and don't even want to play it. I'm going to buy an Xbox 360 or Xbox One just to play NG2 again. The difference is really that big.

@Dark_sageX said:

And Bayonetta 2 isn't a bust, its fully playable on PC (provided you have the hardware to support it)

game is pretty much fully playable from what I have seen, in fact I'm gonna try it out myself once I decide on a GPU, the devs behind CEMU have made incredible strides since the last time I tried out their emulator (back then it was a 1.6, now its at 1.10 and it looks like 1.11 update is around the corner).

I'll check it out man. It's not like my PC is a slouch. gtx1080, 6900k, 64gb ddr4, pci-ssd etc.

But at a certain point it's really just a software issue. Every time I check up on it, there are still tons of audio and effects bugs. Every time I talk to someone who plays it, it's still very unstable. One of my buddies from here just tried it the other day and said he couldn't play more than a half hour without crashes. Performance issues in-between as well.

I really hope it gets there eventually though. I understand it's playable to an extent, but still seems the WiiU is the way to go.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22665 Posts

@jg4xchamp: I wanted to play Bayonetta but then I would've missed out on all those tasty ass creed games.... You know how I roll brother.

Time to go water my crops in stardew valley!