Nintendo mad at pc gamers again

  • 79 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

39726

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 39726 Posts


A mighty storm is inconsequential when facing a mighty ship.

- wikiqoutes

Nintendo faces an uphill struggle trying to scrub the unofficial Super Mario 64 PC port from the internet

Red block.

As expected, Nintendo is taking action to try to scrub the eye-catching unofficial Super Mario 64 PC port from the internet. But it faces an uphill struggle.

This week TorrentFreak reported on how the Super Mario 64 PC port executable had disappeared from some file-hosting sites, pointing to a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) takedown from US-based law firm Wildwood Law Group LLC, a company said to be working on behalf of Nintendo, of a Google Drive link that had done the rounds.

"The copyrighted work is Nintendo's Super Mario 64 video game, including the audio-visual work, software, and fictional character depictions covered by U.S. Copyright Reg. No. PA[REDACTED]," the notice reads.

"The reported file contains an unauthorized derivative work based on Nintendo's copyrighted work."

It looks like Nintendo's lawyers are also targeting videos of the PC port on YouTube. The video that came to light this week as part of a report by VGC is no longer available due to a copyright claim by a third-party, presumably Wildwood. Reports indicate Google search results, Reddit posts with direct links to download and file-hosting services have also been targeted.

While this specific DMCA takedown has worked, and you can no longer access the file from the Google Drive link mentioned, and this one video is no longer on YouTube, Nintendo's lawyers face a perhaps impossible task of scrubbing the PC port from the internet. The executable is still freely available on social media and other platforms, and YouTube is full of gameplay videos of the port.

According to Eurogamer sources who corroborated a report posted by VGC, Nintendo Switch's first-party line-up for the rest of 2020 will be dominated by Mario games old and new, to coincide with the original Super Mario Bros.' 35th anniversary. Mario 64 is one of them.

So it comes as no surprise that Nintendo is taking action against an unofficial port of the seminal 3D platformer. The question is, at what point does it become more bother than it's worth?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

39726

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 39726 Posts

PC version.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

14762

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#3 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 14762 Posts

We PC gamers dont need childish Mario. nintendo can keep it up.

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

9886

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 Juub1990  Online
Member since 2013 • 9886 Posts

Rather than fight piracy, devs should embrace it. You can’t beat pirates. It’s an invisible, formless entity that cannot be stopped or killed.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

26433

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 26433 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

We PC gamers dont need childish Mario. nintendo can keep it up.

lol I wonder what Ghosts' childhood was like.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

14762

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#6 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 14762 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghosts4ever said:

We PC gamers dont need childish Mario. nintendo can keep it up.

lol I wonder what Ghosts' childhood was like.

when i was kid, i prefer sonic over mario.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

7262

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Dunno why but everytime Nintendo tries to fight these things, I find it funny. Should learn from Sega and make the port official and earn some money from it.

Avatar image for remiks00
remiks00

3942

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 0

#8 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 3942 Posts

Lol. Nintendo is at it again I see. I'm sure they want to sell you the 720p version on the switch later no doubt.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

37435

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37435 Posts

It's a reverse alteration of their code on an existing game WITHOUT their permission... bloody hell.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

1647

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 1647 Posts
NINTENDO
NINTENDO












Avatar image for clone01
clone01

27945

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11 clone01
Member since 2003 • 27945 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghosts4ever said:

We PC gamers dont need childish Mario. nintendo can keep it up.

lol I wonder what Ghosts' childhood was like.

what do you mean "was?"

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

39726

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 39726 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

It's a reverse alteration of their code on an existing game WITHOUT their permission... bloody hell.

Meanwhile Valve heroically let fans recreate their classic IP and supported them, even allowing it to be released at the same time as Alyx, with Crowbar Collective profiting from it.

Very altruistic company.

Nintendo...

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

34057

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 34057 Posts

Nintendo wants to sell Mario 64 every gen to you through their shitty virtual console.

Buy it on N64, but it again on Wii, buy it again on DS, buy it again and again and again.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

37435

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37435 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

It's a reverse alteration of their code on an existing game WITHOUT their permission... bloody hell.

Meanwhile Valve heroically let fans recreate their classic IP and supported them, even allowing it to be released at the same time as Alyx, with Crowbar Collective profiting from it.

Very altruistic company.

Nintendo...

So? Not every company is the same and reserve the right to determine who and what works with their properties. Sure, it might attract some game publishers (like Swyter on Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy or Samuel Villarreal on Doom 64) and that's great if it happens, but still, Nintendo reserves every right to say "Sorry, you can't do this without our permission."

Not saying I agree, but this is one of those things we're going to have to deal with for the time being. Meanwhile, more serious matters literally plague our world right now.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

39726

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#15 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 39726 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Nintendo wants to sell Mario 64 every gen to you through their shitty virtual console.

Buy it on N64, but it again on Wii, buy it again on DS, buy it again and again and again.

Yea, really regret jumping on the Switch bandwagon.

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

9886

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Juub1990  Online
Member since 2013 • 9886 Posts

@nintendoboy16: We won’t have to deal with anything. Nintendo will because they won’t be able to stop any of it.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

37435

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 14

#17 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37435 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Nintendo wants to sell Mario 64 every gen to you through their shitty virtual console.

Buy it on N64, but it again on Wii, buy it again on DS, buy it again and again and again.

Which is now dead...

Avatar image for Telekill
Telekill

9225

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 9225 Posts

I understand taking down the game file but going after all internet videos of its existence is a bit draconian. Oh wait... we're living in a pandemic where many f**kers in a position of power are overreaching significantly.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

30647

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#19 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 30647 Posts

Well it is their IP so I don’t see anything wrong with a company protecting that myself.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
Ezekiel43

2541

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#20 Ezekiel43  Online
Member since 2017 • 2541 Posts

This file is so hard to find...

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39942

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#21 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 39942 Posts

Lets pretend that Mario 64 wasn't already available on PC. 😎

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

39726

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#22 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 39726 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

It's a reverse alteration of their code on an existing game WITHOUT their permission... bloody hell.

Meanwhile Valve heroically let fans recreate their classic IP and supported them, even allowing it to be released at the same time as Alyx, with Crowbar Collective profiting from it.

Very altruistic company.

Nintendo...

So? Not every company is the same and reserve the right to determine who and what works with their properties.

They do but, Valve are nice.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

37435

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 14

#23 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37435 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Calling a corporation "nice"...

Loading Video...

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

39726

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#24 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 39726 Posts

@Telekill said:

I understand taking down the game file but going after all internet videos of its existence is a bit draconian. Oh wait... we're living in a pandemic where many f**kers in a position of power are overreaching significantly.

Nintendo would turn the internet into China internet if they could get away with it.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

15798

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#25 Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 15798 Posts

Nintendo should just pull a SEGA at this point.

Hire Super Mario 64 Remake devs, put it on PC and Switch, put it on Steam. Better than wasting all this energy combating it.

There is a huge market for Nintendo-esque titles out there on PC. Pummel Party sold between 1-2 million copies.

Avatar image for Atomic1977
Atomic1977

255

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#26 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 255 Posts

I don’t really see why Nintendo would be mad at PC gamers. I have been a gamer that has been on the PC and with Nintendo for the most part.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

34057

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#27 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 34057 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Yea, really regret jumping on the Switch bandwagon.

I'm part of the problem though, for me the Switch will be worth it when I can play metroid prime and Mario Sunshine in handheld mode.

@nintendoboy16 said:

Which is now dead...

Now you have to pay a subscription to access Virtual Console games, which I'd say is even worse.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
MonsieurX

39514

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39514 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

We PC gamers dont need childish Mario. nintendo can keep it up.

Please stop using the "we" in your posts

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
Sushiglutton

7723

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#29 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 7723 Posts

Nintendo probably planned to resell Mario64 for $60 (adjusted for inflation) for all their upcoming consoles until the end of time. So I can see why this is upsetting to them.

Avatar image for pelvist
pelvist

7757

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#30 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 7757 Posts

If they made a PC version themselves, they'd have made a bit of money from it.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

37435

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 14

#31 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37435 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Nintendo should just pull a SEGA at this point.

Hire Super Mario 64 Remake devs, put it on PC and Switch, put it on Steam. Better than wasting all this energy combating it.

There is a huge market for Nintendo-esque titles out there on PC. Pummel Party sold between 1-2 million copies.

History. Not. Learned.

And being interested "Nintendo-esque" games does not mean they are interested in what Nintendo themselves has to offer.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

42455

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#32 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 42455 Posts

@Pedro said:

Lets pretend that Mario 64 wasn't already available on PC. 😎

What we really need next is F-Zero X on PC along with the level editor that was released on the 64DD😉

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Maroxad said:

Nintendo should just pull a SEGA at this point.

Hire Super Mario 64 Remake devs, put it on PC and Switch, put it on Steam. Better than wasting all this energy combating it.

There is a huge market for Nintendo-esque titles out there on PC. Pummel Party sold between 1-2 million copies.

History. Not. Learned.

And being interested "Nintendo-esque" games does not mean they are interested in what Nintendo themselves has to offer.

If it means more people are going to experience the game aka Mario 64, who am I to complain?

Hell, Mario 64 is 24 years old as it is, this isn't worth fighting for despite its Nintendo's IP.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

12599

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 12599 Posts

@pelvist said:

If they made a PC version themselves, they'd have made a bit of money from it.

They are anti-consumer, so they won't.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

16731

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#34 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 16731 Posts

Just another reason hermits are the scum of the gaming universe.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

29612

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#35 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@Telekill said:

I understand taking down the game file but going after all internet videos of its existence is a bit draconian. Oh wait... we're living in a pandemic where many f**kers in a position of power are overreaching significantly.

Nintendo would turn the internet into China internet if they could get away with it.

China doesn't respect foreign IP. There are many Android-based game emulator handheld devices from China being sold on Amazon or Aliexpress.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#36 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Telekill said:

I understand taking down the game file but going after all internet videos of its existence is a bit draconian. Oh wait... we're living in a pandemic where many f**kers in a position of power are overreaching significantly.

Nintendo would turn the internet into China internet if they could get away with it.

China doesn't respect foreign IP. There are many Android-based game emulator handheld devices from China being sold on Amazon or Aliexpress.

I guess he meant it as a complete control/censorship. "China internet" would be otherwise like "**** everything, pirate anything you want as long as you pay for internet"...

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#37 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Just another reason hermits are the scum of the gaming universe.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

63074

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#38 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 63074 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@uninspiredcup: Calling a corporation "nice"...

You're making excuses for a corporation as we speak, get a clue.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

16731

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#39 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 16731 Posts

@WESTBLADE said:
@i_p_daily said:

Just another reason hermits are the scum of the gaming universe.

Nah hermits are the aliens & shit rolled into one, PC customisable scum.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#40  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@i_p_daily said:

Just another reason hermits are the scum of the gaming universe.

Nah hermits are the aliens & shit rolled into one, PC customisable scum.

Avatar image for adsparky
adsparky

1747

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#41  Edited By adsparky  Online
Member since 2006 • 1747 Posts
Loading Video...

That's how i picture Nintendo's headquarters.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

15798

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42 Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 15798 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Maroxad said:

Nintendo should just pull a SEGA at this point.

Hire Super Mario 64 Remake devs, put it on PC and Switch, put it on Steam. Better than wasting all this energy combating it.

There is a huge market for Nintendo-esque titles out there on PC. Pummel Party sold between 1-2 million copies.

History. Not. Learned.

And being interested "Nintendo-esque" games does not mean they are interested in what Nintendo themselves has to offer.

They are making these Nintendo-Esque games because Nintendo is NOT putting them on PC. Why do you think there is such an epidemic of Piracy Targetting ESPECIALLY Nintendo products in general. None of the other console devs have the issue go THIS bad.

As Gabe Newell once said:

"We think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem, if a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable."

Hmm... sounds VERY much like he was thinking of Nintendo when he thought of that.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

37435

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 14

#43  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37435 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

History. Not. Learned.

And being interested "Nintendo-esque" games does not mean they are interested in what Nintendo themselves has to offer.

They are making these Nintendo-Esque games because Nintendo is NOT putting them on PC. Why do you think there is such an epidemic of Piracy Targetting ESPECIALLY Nintendo products in general. None of the other console devs have the issue go THIS bad.

As Gabe Newell once said:

"We think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem, if a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable."

Hmm... sounds VERY much like he was thinking of Nintendo when he thought of that.

Or they make them because they like concepts of them, but fervently dislike the company and damn near everything else they have done. For god's sake, Nintendo was blamed for ruining THEIR genres from an N64 FPS (Goldeneye) to not one, but two GameCube strategy games (Pikmin, Battalion Wars).

You can bet that if the "REAL" thing was on PC, PC gamers, like PS and XBOX gamers before them would ignore them STILL. It's as I keep saying, the audience isn't there. And it would probably be better to let Nintendo rot before they do. It did almost happen... twice (Virtual Boy, Wii U).

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

37435

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37435 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

@uninspiredcup: Calling a corporation "nice"...

You're making excuses for a corporation as we speak, get a clue.

Only recognizing their right to protect their work (once again, an unofficial bootleg of an existing game screwing with owned code and being released WITHOUT consent, which they clearly said not to do), and to say "Nope, we do not approve." And finding it baffling people continue despite past incidents (and why, this isn't a freaking conflict of politics).

Never said they were "nice". Every company has their anti-consumer side. Valve included (remember, they joined with Bethesda with paid mods until the got flak).

Avatar image for Jag85
Jag85

14724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 216

User Lists: 0

#45 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14724 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

We PC gamers dont need childish Mario. nintendo can keep it up.

Mario is a middle-aged plumber though.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

15798

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46 Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 15798 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Maroxad said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

History. Not. Learned.

And being interested "Nintendo-esque" games does not mean they are interested in what Nintendo themselves has to offer.

They are making these Nintendo-Esque games because Nintendo is NOT putting them on PC. Why do you think there is such an epidemic of Piracy Targetting ESPECIALLY Nintendo products in general. None of the other console devs have the issue go THIS bad.

As Gabe Newell once said:

"We think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem, if a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable."

Hmm... sounds VERY much like he was thinking of Nintendo when he thought of that.

Or they make them because they like concepts of them, but fervently dislike the company and damn near everything else they have done. For god's sake, Nintendo was blamed for ruining THEIR genres from an N64 FPS (Goldeneye) to not one, but two GameCube strategy games (Pikmin, Battalion Wars).

You can bet that if the "REAL" thing was on PC, PC gamers, like PS and XBOX gamers before them would ignore them STILL. It's as I keep saying, the audience isn't there. And it would probably be better to let Nintendo rot before they do. It did almost happen... twice (Virtual Boy, Wii U).

I am sure most people dislike the business practices of the company.

But the actual games are generally considered really solid.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

37435

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 14

#47 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37435 Posts
@Maroxad said:

I am sure most people dislike the business practices of the company.

But the actual games are generally considered really solid.

Only in concept...

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

15798

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#48 Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 15798 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Maroxad said:

I am sure most people dislike the business practices of the company.

But the actual games are generally considered really solid.

Only in concept...

If that was the case, they wouldn't have been all these custom mario games around on PC.

You know, the actual thing that inspired Super Mario Maker.

Avatar image for Jag85
Jag85

14724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 216

User Lists: 0

#49 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14724 Posts

So what's the real difference between this new PC version and all the emulated versions that have already been available on PC for decades?

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

37435

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 14

#50 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37435 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Only in concept...

If that was the case, they wouldn't have been all these custom mario games around on PC.

You know, the actual thing that inspired Super Mario Maker.

By what, a small sector of PC gamers? The larger side of it either prefers the clones, rags on them for ruining their genres (see examples above), or ignores them completely. To say Nintendo would make a ton off PC is a lie that would make Todd Howard (and nowhere near memed devs from Harada to Sakurai) blush