jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 5990 Posts

Anyone else find it hypocritical and hilarious how this company constantly gets a pass for their incompetence. How do they get away with charging probably $60 for a 3D Mario collection that is just the same damn games again when other franchises have seen:

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy = 3 games fully remade for $40

Spyro Reignited Trilogy = 3 games fully remade for $40

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 remake for $40

Unbelievable.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#2 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14170 Posts

Gotta pay the toll if you want to pass GO.

And they get away with it because the market lets them. If you’re mad, wait them out. But they know they have you by the nuts.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 32339 Posts

Nah. If a company is giving me stuff that I want and I’m happy with what I’m getting then I’m not getting ripped off.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jcrame10

@Archangel3371 said:

Nah. If a company is giving me stuff that I want and I’m happy with what I’m getting then I’m not getting ripped off.

So you're happy purchasing the same games you already own on N64, GameCube, Wii or Virtual Console instead of seeing them get proper HD remakes like these other franchises have?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 4119 Posts

Yeah, if I get these, it will be in a few years after the price drops.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Archangel3371

@jcrame10: Yep.

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ezekiel43
Member since 2017 • 3072 Posts

@jcrame10 said:
@Archangel3371 said:

So you're happy purchasing the same games you already own on N64, GameCube, Wii or Virtual Console instead of seeing them get proper HD remakes like these other franchises have?

I wouldn't really want Mario 64 remastered with new textures and more polygons, actually. It's a product of its time, an interesting look at the past, and the simplicity is part of its charm. If someone can't appreciate it because they're a graphics whore, then good riddance.

Having said that, I'm not planning to buy this collection, because I can already play them all.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 2024 Posts

As someone who hates Activsion and likes Nintendo, I absolutely agree with you.

I was so disappointed about the so called Mario 3D remasters. I thought that Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1 would be remade with new graphics but instead it's the same games while Activison actually remade the Crash, Spyro, and Tony Hawk games.

I'm actually shocked that Activision of all companies did an excellent job by doing a proper remastering of these classic games, and plus they were selling them in low prices compared to Nintendo who are over charging for old games. Seriously I have more respect for Activision than Nintendo when it comes to remasters.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts

@jcrame10 said:
@Archangel3371 said:

How can you assume that somebody already has those games on a different console?

More so, how is your right to take ownership over what somebody else does with their money?

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4600 Posts

Imagine being this bitter for a $20

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jcrame10

@ezekiel43 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@Archangel3371 said:

I wouldn't really want Mario 64 remastered with new textures and more polygons, actually. It's a product of its time, an interesting look at the past, and the simplicity is part of its charm. If someone can't appreciate it because they're a graphics whore, then good riddance.

Having said that, I'm not planning to buy this collection, because I can already play them all.

Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are from the same time as Super Mario 64 and they were fully remade looking fantastic. But alright, I guess in your world you make up your own logic lol

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371

@judaspete: I’ve got some bad news for you. This is a limited run, only until March 2021 I believe.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 4063 Posts

Their main demographic are people that aren't just casual, but those who don't play video games at all. Its like this perfect path to milking. When Switch Pro is released, they can RERELEASE the same rereleased games, charge $60, have a sticker saying "Switch Pro" on the box, and those people will buy the same game thinking its new.

Such a meme company 😆

But hey! They're printing money, so that great, right? Lets all forget about the promissed sequels from years ago and enjoy what you've already played to death for a new fresh n juicy $60 and do it in bus full of friendly covid cuz its on the go 🙃

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 9839 Posts

As I stated in the other thread, I'll give them kudos on this as they are bundling the three games together for $60 instead of releasing them separately for $60 each as seen with the Zelda HD ports on Wii-U.

Credit where credit is due.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13619 Posts

Nintendo knows how stupid their fanbase is so they milk them hard.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jcrame10

@enzyme36 said:

Imagine being this bitter for a $20

LOL

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 14

#17 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37696 Posts

@jcrame10 said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are from the same time as Super Mario 64 and they were fully remade looking fantastic. But alright, I guess in your world you make up your own logic lol

Sometimes new visuals can f*** up the charm of the original game. Besides, Sunshine and Galaxy look fantastic as is, so...

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jcrame10

@Telekill said:

As I stated in the other thread, I'll give them kudos on this as they are bundling the three games together for $60 instead of releasing them separately for $60 each as seen with the Zelda HD ports on Wii-U.

Releasing each of the ports seperately for $60 each? Surely no one would have been dumb enough to buy a Nintendo 64 game port for $60 in 2020.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jcrame10

@nintendoboy16 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Sometimes new visuals can f*** up the charm of the original game. Besides, Sunshine and Galaxy look fantastic as is, so...

When was the last time you played Sunshine? It looks a little muddy now on my HDTV. I own the original GameCube and disc.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 14

#20 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37696 Posts

@jcrame10 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

When was the last time you played Sunshine? It looks a little muddy now on my HDTV. I own the original GameCube and disc.

That's why I have an LCD analog television for my retro games.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 9416 Posts

@jcrame10 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Luckily the collection just a resolution bump and 16:9 ratio.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 3611 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Nintendo knows how stupid their fanbase is so they milk them hard.

Is it the "cows" that are the most stupid fanbase in this forum?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Telekill

@jcrame10: They did it work the Gamecube Zelda games on Wii-U and people loved it.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jcrame10

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@jcrame10 said:
@Archangel3371 said:

How can you assume that somebody already has those games on a different console?

More so, how is your right to take ownership over what somebody else does with their money?

I guess sometimes I forget not everyone is a game hoarder like me. Haha

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 4019 Posts

@Basinboy said:

Gotta pay the toll if you want to pass GO.

And they get away with it because the market lets them. If you’re mad, wait them out. But they know they have you by the nuts.

The price for this collection will go up, not down, since it's a limited run.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jcrame10

@Telekill said:

@jcrame10: They did it work the Gamecube Zelda games on Wii-U and people loved it.

That's different, they actually put in effort for Wind Waker HD and TP HD for Wii U. Wind Waker HD looks fantastic, plays better and they did some QoL updates to the game by making the sailing better and reducing the Triforce shard grind quest down.

I haven't seen any announcements today that are near this level of effort for these Mario ports.

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ezekiel43
Member since 2017 • 3072 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

I can probably play it in 4K. The textures are fine. Muddy in some places, sure, but I stop thinking about it after two seconds because I'm not a graphics whore. When I'm playing Banjo Kazooie or GoldenEye, I don't think, "This looks so shitty, and I'd have more fun if it were updated visually." Because I know I probably WOULDN'T have more fun. It would still be the same game.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jcrame10

@ezekiel43 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

I can probably play it in 4K. The textures are fine. Muddy in some places, sure, but I stop thinking about it after two seconds because I'm not a graphics whore. When I'm playing Banjo Kazooie or GoldenEye, I don't think, "This looks so shitty, and I'd have more fun if it were updated." Because I know I probably WOULDN'T have more fun. It would still be the same game.

Nintendo sent me my copy of the Mario 3D Stars collection early, I'll let you guys know how it is xD

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Archangel3371

@jcrame10: People place different value for different things. Personally I’m not at all interested in those three game collections you mention in the OP even if they were $20. This Mario 35th Anniversary Collection simply holds much more value to me.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 15646 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

Anyone else find it hypocritical and hilarious how this company constantly gets a pass for their incompetence. How do they get away with charging probably $60 for a 3D Mario collection that is just the same damn games again when other franchises have seen:

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy = 3 games fully remade for $40

Spyro Reignited Trilogy = 3 games fully remade for $40

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 remake for $40

Unbelievable.

Nobody's buying Nintendo's products to give them a pass, they're buying them because that's what they want and Nintendo knows this and is profiting off of it like any other corporation would had they been in their shoes. Nintendo's games hold value and they know it which is why they're "getting away" with charging full prices. People are buying their stuff, simple as that.

People really need to stop whining about this whole "Nintendo's getting a free pass" thing, it's starting to get really old.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Telekill

@jcrame10: That's still $60 for a decade old game at the time. They should have bundled them together. That would have been worth the price.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#32 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9365 Posts

It should be cheaper. I’m definitely happy to see them released with a resolution bump as it brings out the best in the art. Mainly for Sunshine and Galaxy. But unless they’re remastering something, $60 is too high.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jcrame10

@Telekill said:

@jcrame10: That's still $60 for a decade old game at the time. They should have bundled them together. That would have been worth the price.

I think $60 for all three bundled together is still a rip off. At most, each game should be $10 - $15 each or $30 as a bundle.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen  Online

@Archangel3371 said:

@judaspete: I’ve got some bad news for you. This is a limited run, only until March 2021 I believe.

You sell a shitty product. Product that most sane people would consider as a ripoff. Then, you do it for a limited time to create a sense of emergency, and all the whales jump on it like its the 2nd coming of Jesus. Nintendo shills are weak. Real easy to manipulate.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jcrame10

@hardwenzen said:
@Archangel3371 said:

You sell a shitty product. Product that most sane people would consider as a ripoff. Then, you do it for a limited time to create a sense of emergency, and all the whales jump on it like its the 2nd coming of Jesus. Nintendo shills are weak. Real easy to manipulate.

I can't think of any reason why a pro consumer company, or any company looking to make a profit in general, would make a limited run of a fucking video game. It's honestly just sad

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen  Online
@jcrame10 said:
@Telekill said:

Releasing each of the ports seperately for $60 each? Surely no one would have been dumb enough to buy a Nintendo 64 game port for $60 in 2020.

Its Nintendo we're talking about 🤣You'd be surprised 🤣

The only fanbase that is this stupid and easy to milk is the Madden/NBA fans. Nintendo is so lucky to have em. God they're so lucky.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13619 Posts

@onesiphorus: on the forums yes, but in the world its Nintendo fans.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#38 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 43757 Posts

With Nintendo, why pay more to get more when you can pay more to get less. 😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Archangel3371

@jcrame10: @hardwenzen: Meh. I would have bought it right away myself just because I want it. 🤷‍♂️

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 4826 Posts

Nintendo can rip me off any day. Sunshine on Switch? I’d pay $60 just for that!

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jcrame10

@Archangel3371 said:

@jcrame10: @hardwenzen: Meh. I would have bought it right away myself just because I want it. 🤷‍♂️

I'm gonna call GameStop when they open today at noon and see if they're accepting preorders yet.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blamix
Member since 2006 • 1092 Posts

Is it not remastered?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#43 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 43757 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Your have demonstrated that with your recent posting history.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@goldenelementxl said:

What about Sunshine on Switch with Odyssey graphics? Or does the Odyssey graphics look too good for Sunshine?

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 4894 Posts

No more than any other company, but feel free to disagree if you're a slave to any gaming brand.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 briguyb13
@blamix said:

Is it not remastered?

Super Mario All Stars 3D? Yes. Yes it is remastered with resolution and, here's the best part: upgraded controls.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jcrame10

@briguyb13 said:
@blamix said:

Is it not remastered?

Super Mario All Stars 3D? Yes. Yes it is remastered with resolution and, here's the best part: upgraded controls.

Maybe one day Nintendo will reach the level of other companies and also remake the game fully with graphics, controls and all that

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blamix
Member since 2006 • 1092 Posts

@jcrame10: cool, thanks for the info

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jcrame10

@blamix said:

@jcrame10: cool, thanks for the info

seriously how are you gonna try and defend this when Crash and Spyro had their three games fully remade, updated controls, etc

Tony Hawk gets two games remade, with online multiplayer as well.

ALL FOR $40

WHAT IS YOUR ARGUMENT I DONT UNDERSTAND

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 briguyb13

@jcrame10 said:
@briguyb13 said:
@blamix said:

Is it not remastered?

Maybe one day Nintendo will reach the level of other companies and also remake the game fully with graphics, controls and all that

Maybe one day you will realize that there's more to gaming than just Sony, pony.