deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@boxrekt: ? I'll give you an A for effort.

GoW, Bloodborne and Horizon are part of the same genres. Bloodborne and GoW play very similarly too. If you played them you'd know this, but you didn't so I'm very disappointed in you BoxRekt. I thought you were above petty fanboy arguments ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@ArchoNils2: You're right, I hadn't played it so I didn't realize it wasn't turn based. Many JRPGs are so I just assumed. Looks like somebody didn't do their homework ?. I'll fix it

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@XVision84 said:

GoW, Bloodborne and Horizon are part of the same genres. Bloodborne and GoW play very similarly too. If you played them you'd know this, but you didn't so I'm very disappointed in you BoxRekt. I thought you were above petty fanboy arguments ?

I agree.

Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild are part of the same genres. Jumping, running around and collecting things you'd know they play very similarly too.

If you played them you'd know this, It's sad to know that such a strong supporter of Nintendo games is actually a fakeboy who never even toughed them. ?

I didn't think you'd buy into system wars fanboy acts like this. ? Disappointed/10

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10601 Posts

I don't think that this was largely debated. As a matter of fact, it's widely believed that's what is partially keeping Nintendo afloat. It's the multiplats support that Nintendo is lacking.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
@boxrekt said:
@XVision84 said:

I agree.

Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild are part of the same genres. Jumping, running around and collecting things you'd know they play very similarly too.

If you played them you'd know this, It's sad to know that such a strong supporter of Nintendo games is actually a fakeboy who never even toughed them. ?

I didn't think you'd buy into system wars fanboy acts like this. ? Disappointed/10

They don't play similarly at all, BoTW is an RPG and Super Mario Odyssey is a platformer.

GoW and Bloodborne even have a similar control scheme with a level up system and all sorts of bosses. It's sad to see such a strong supporter of Sony games is actually a fakeboy who never even toughed them :(.

Disappointed wouldn't even begin to describe how I feel. -2/10, I need to reevaluate my expectations in our relationship moving forward.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44021 Posts

Agreed, if you're 12 years old and younger. :o

Shudup, I kid. lol

Anyhooie, I'll take the X1X offerings 8 dayzz a week. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts
@MonsieurX said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@XVision84 said:
@WESTBLADE said:

Almost any, if not all of those games can be quickly humiliated by multi-platform games not available on Nintendo's system at all... So what was your point again?

Could've sworn I put best exclusive lineup in the title, don't know what multiplats have to do with my point :P.

If your ''exclusives'' (AKA system sellers) can be overshadowed by BETTER games that are available on more than one platform (PS+PC+Xbox / PC+Xbox / PS+Xbox / PS+PC...), but are nowhere to be found on Nintendo's console or the Switch version is as usually running and looking like a potato, then what's the point of it being so ''great''? Don't get it?

You say BotW, i say The Witcher 3.

You say Bayonetta, i say Devil May Cry 5.

I could go on and on...

97 > 92 MC

Bayonetta 1/2 on the Switch is 90 > 88 MC

We could go on and on...

LOL @ Metacritic. Okay, if we use the "user score" of BotW it's 85, The Witcher 3 (PC) 94. Bayonetta 2 is 84, DmC 5 (PC) is 87.

Just because someone is paid for his opinion on a game doesn't mean it's actually a valid one. Or paid in advance to change his opinion by the publisher, lol. Since we are all here on Gamespot, maybe you should look up its former employee Jeff Gerstmann.

TL;DR: If you buy your games based solely on review scores, then you miss out on a ton of great games. Also the review copies are most of the time the rough, unpatched ones lacking critical fixes/content...

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@XVision84 said:
@boxrekt said:
@XVision84 said:

I agree.

They don't play similarly at all, BoTW is an RPG and Super Mario Odyssey is a platformer.

GoW and Bloodborne even have a similar control scheme with a level up system and all sorts of bosses. It's sad to see such a strong supporter of Sony games is actually a fakeboy who never even toughed them :(.

Disappointed wouldn't even begin to describe how I feel. -2/10, I need to reevaluate my expectations in our relationship moving forward.

They don't play similarly at all Bloodborne is a JRPG and God of War is a hack n slash game.

BoTW and Mario Odyssey even have a similar control scheme with jumping and all sorts of bosses. It's sad to see such a strong supporter of Nintendo games is actually a fakeboy

@XVision84 said:

@ArchoNils2: You're right, I hadn't played it so I didn't realize it wasn't turn based. Many JRPGs are so I just assumed. Looks like somebody didn't do their homework ?. I'll fix it

You were rekt and exposed ? it was sad to see you making things up about games you pretended to play in your own thread.

Disappointed wouldn't even begin to describe how I feel. -20/10, I need to reevaluate my expectations in our relationship moving forward.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10601 Posts

@WESTBLADE:

The problem is that "user score" doesn't carry the same clout as an "official" score because of blatant biased views, and it's open for ANYONE to type a review, even to people who haven't played the game to people with other ulterior motives (if I spelled that correctly)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#110 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

No argument here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
@boxrekt said:
@XVision84 said:
@boxrekt said:
@XVision84 said:

I agree.

They don't play similarly at all Bloodborne is a JRPG and God of War is a hack n slash game.

BoTW and Mario Odyssey even have a similar control scheme with jumping and all sorts of bosses. It's sad to see such a strong supporter of Nintendo games is actually a fakeboy

@XVision84 said:

You were rekt and exposed ? it was sad to see you making things up about games you pretended to play in your own thread.

Disappointed wouldn't even begin to describe how I feel. -20/10, I need to reevaluate my expectations in our relationship moving forward.

Bloodborne is basically a western RPG made by a japanese dev, GoW has just as many RPG elements as Bloodborne does. The facts don't lie BoxRekt, unlike your fakeboy attitude which has lies written all over it ;).

Xenoblade is a true JRPG and highly rated (which is all that matters), unlike your made up genres.

BoxRekt, you wrote the book on getting rekt and exposed, and I'm not a fan of it. You've left me questioning the lower limits of humanity's capabilities. This relationship isn't salvageable, it isn't me it's you, I'm asking for a divorce. -9000/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts
@ermacness said:

@WESTBLADE:

The problem is that "user score" doesn't carry the same clout as an "official" score because of blatant biased views, and it's open for ANYONE to type a review, even to people who haven't played the game to people with other ulterior motives (if I spelled that correctly)

Of course there are haters/pretenders, who do all this kinda 0/10 shit, but there's also an exact opposite: blind fanboys who are determined to give it a 10 even before the game comes out.

And do you really believe the "oficial" reviews are not biased at all? Most of the time they don't even play the game the ''proper'' way - meaning playing it at easy difficulty, don't fully explore the game at all and even there are many cases when they don't even finish the game at all - many reviewers openely admitted it, review "deadline" being mostly being used as an excuse.

For example, give a hardcore sim racer that requires experienced player, to someone who plays only pure arcade racers, and he will dismiss it as a utter garbage. This happens in the "official score" world too, due to shortage of reviewers who are experienced in a specific genre - but that actually proves my point, i don't give a **** about strategy games, so they are all pretty much 2/10 by default for me, just because Starcraft II has a MC 93, i don't throw it around as an example of a ''godlike PC exclusive game'', because then i would be a pretender/stupid PC fanboy.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@WESTBLADE said:
@MonsieurX said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@XVision84 said:
@WESTBLADE said:

Almost any, if not all of those games can be quickly humiliated by multi-platform games not available on Nintendo's system at all... So what was your point again?

Could've sworn I put best exclusive lineup in the title, don't know what multiplats have to do with my point :P.

If your ''exclusives'' (AKA system sellers) can be overshadowed by BETTER games that are available on more than one platform (PS+PC+Xbox / PC+Xbox / PS+Xbox / PS+PC...), but are nowhere to be found on Nintendo's console or the Switch version is as usually running and looking like a potato, then what's the point of it being so ''great''? Don't get it?

You say BotW, i say The Witcher 3.

You say Bayonetta, i say Devil May Cry 5.

I could go on and on...

97 > 92 MC

Bayonetta 1/2 on the Switch is 90 > 88 MC

We could go on and on...

LOL @ Metacritic. Okay, if we use the "user score" of BotW it's 85, The Witcher 3 (PC) 94. Bayonetta 2 is 84, DmC 5 (PC) is 87.

Just because someone is paid for his opinion on a game doesn't mean it's actually a valid one. Or paid in advance to change his opinion by the publisher, lol. Since we are all here on Gamespot, maybe you should look up its former employee Jeff Gerstmann.

TL;DR: If you buy your games based solely on review scores, then you miss out on a ton of great games. Also the review copies are most of the time the rough, unpatched ones lacking critical fixes/content...

Nothing like users that review bombs games on MC.

phantom5200 Mar 7, 2017

too much water Don't believe the hype. The world feels empty and unfinished like an early access game. Framerates are horrid on docked mode. I don ind low framerates but the random constant swings are too noticable. Looks like a ps3 era game so why is it so laggy?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#114 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

They benefit from no real competition on that category. Microsoft's first party is mediocre until we start seeing with this new fleet of studios starts providing them, and Sony's first party has always been secretly mediocre. We're in 2019, and that console has had a whopping 2 exclusives worth a damn (Bloodborne and Dad of War), the rest were all skippable as hell.

Nintendo's design chops are certainly ace when they have their shit together, but Odyssey I would argue is a bit disappointing (albeit good), Smash Ultimate is a good fighting game, still not up to snuff with Melee, or close to it. We don't know if Astral Chain is good (tho it looks good), and it could be forever until Bayonetta 3, plus if it sticks to the Bayonetta 2's combat system, what a waste of a really good ip that series has become.

Splatoon is fun, arms is okay, mario n rabbids is solid if a bit too xcom lite. They can certainly do more n better on all fronts. Fire Emblem could go either way, I like some of the changes, hopefully it's not as boring as Awakening and Fates, and more in line with the better games in the franchise.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#115 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Yeah I'd agree. I'll be honest & say that the Switch has definitely turned me into a bit of a Nintendo fanboy.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@pc_rocks said:
@sakaixx said:
@pc_rocks said:
@sakaixx said:

TC included Bayonetta which is owned by Sega.

Funded by Nintendo.

Anyhow its not 1st party IP. Both is valid.

It's first party. Nintendo paid for it, published it, owns the rights to the games it published. Persona is not.

Unfortunately for you, the IP belongs to Sega but nintendo funded Bayonetta 2 and 3 and co retain with sega on the publishing rights for those 2 game as confirmed by Platinum Studio president hideki kamiya. Bayonetta can still appears on other media platforms but just not those 2 games.

That's what I said: t's first party. Nintendo paid for it, published it, owns the rights to the games it published. Persona is not.

Persona can appear on any platform SEGA wishes unlike Bayo 2 or 3 which would require Nintendo's blessings.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#117 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15897 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@sakaixx said:
@pc_rocks said:
@sakaixx said:
@pc_rocks said:

Funded by Nintendo.

Anyhow its not 1st party IP. Both is valid.

It's first party. Nintendo paid for it, published it, owns the rights to the games it published. Persona is not.

Unfortunately for you, the IP belongs to Sega but nintendo funded Bayonetta 2 and 3 and co retain with sega on the publishing rights for those 2 game as confirmed by Platinum Studio president hideki kamiya. Bayonetta can still appears on other media platforms but just not those 2 games.

That's what I said: t's first party. Nintendo paid for it, published it, owns the rights to the games it published. Persona is not.

Persona can appear on any platform SEGA wishes unlike Bayo 2 or 3 which would require Nintendo's blessings.

Yet it didnt appear and never appeared elsewhere. So its valid.