Nintendo has Mario, MS has Forza car, what mascot does Sony have?

• 75 results
Posted by me2002 (2122 posts) 1 month, 20 days ago

Poll: Nintendo has Mario, MS has Forza car, what mascot does Sony have? (60 votes)

Nathan Drake 18%
Joel and Ellie 2%
Kratos 45%
Bloodborne Hunter 2%
Astro Bot 7%
Aloy 0%
Spider-Man 0%
Ratchet abd Clank 7%
Kat (Gravity Rush) 3%
Delsin (Infamous) 0%
SackBoy 7%
Other 10%

Only PS exclusives of course.

#1 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18709 posts) -

Stopped reading after "MS has Forza car"...

Try harder.

#2 Posted by Archangel3371 (27601 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01: indeed. ๐Ÿ˜‚

#3 Posted by adsparky (1313 posts) -

I dare to say this is the closest:

#4 Edited by FinalFighters (3146 posts) -

Kratos (God of war)

#5 Posted by XVision84 (15811 posts) -

Sony has too many great exclusives to reduce to just one, such as Ellie from The Last of Us 2 which is coming out in 2019.

#6 Posted by pdogg93 (1530 posts) -

Excellent thread. Good job at displaying how many memorable characters Sony has created in their exclusives!

#7 Posted by Telekill (8411 posts) -

Oh I see...

The OP is confused because if how many different characters Sony has at their disposal that he doesn't know which is the definitive mascot.

They don't have a definitive mascot as there are too many to choose. Pick your personal favorite and move on.

#8 Posted by UItravioIence (1175 posts) -

LOL forza car

#9 Posted by I_P_Daily (11447 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Oh I see...

The OP is confused because if how many different characters Sony has at their disposal that he doesn't know which is the definitive mascot.

They don't have a definitive mascot as there are too many to choose. Pick your personal favorite and move on.

Um you have it arse backwards as Sony doesn't have one because none of its characters are memorable, you cows have owned yourselves with this thread LOL.

#10 Edited by Telekill (8411 posts) -

@i_p_daily: More memorable than anything Microsoft has by a large margin.

#11 Posted by KingKinect (548 posts) -

Nothing that could compete with forza car.

#12 Posted by xantufrog (11182 posts) -

I swear we had this same thread like a year ago. Deja vu

#13 Posted by rmiller365 (782 posts) -

I was going to say MS has master chief. But then I remembered all of Halo is on PC now, and mod support will soon turn him into Macho-Man Randy Savage, thus giving him a more robust personality by default.

#14 Posted by Ant_17 (12175 posts) -

FORZA CAR IN SMASH!!!

#15 Posted by I_P_Daily (11447 posts) -

@Telekill said:

@i_p_daily: More memorable than anything Microsoft has by a large margin.

Like???

#16 Posted by Telekill (8411 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Yeah... Forza car wins.

*slow claps to appease IPDaily's stupidity*

#17 Edited by I_P_Daily (11447 posts) -

@Telekill said:

@i_p_daily: Yeah... Forza car wins.

*slow claps to appease IPDaily's stupidity*

Stupidity is all on you cows as everyone knows that Master Chief is MS mascot, and yet you still haven't answered the question.

#18 Posted by Telekill (8411 posts) -

*continues to slow clap*

#19 Posted by I_P_Daily (11447 posts) -

@Telekill said:

*continues to avoid the question*

I agree, but we all know why lol.

#20 Posted by Telekill (8411 posts) -

It really doesn't matter what I say because you'll disagree in some kind of bulls**t smarta** fashion trying to make yourself feel better about the fall of your childhood God.

#21 Posted by VFighter (4807 posts) -

@i_p_daily: You own yourself every time you post lol.

#22 Posted by Ant_17 (12175 posts) -

@i_p_daily: master chief? You mean warthog forza car?

#23 Posted by cainetao11 (36500 posts) -

I voted Kratos.

Nate Drake is cool and all but Kratos stands out imo and LMFAO at Spiderman. One exclusive game and you suggest he's the "face" of PS? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA Why is he in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Exclusive to Switch then?

#24 Posted by mojito1988 (3535 posts) -

No one is ever going to top Nintendo in this area, but I sure do love me some Ratchet and Clank!

#25 Posted by headninjadog (740 posts) -

PlayStation has lesbians!

#26 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166364 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Stopped reading after "MS has Forza car"...

Try harder.

Yeah my thoughts.......

#27 Posted by jeezers (2672 posts) -

Ratchet and clank

Also master chief is still first party microsoft, doesnt matter if it's on pc

That's like saying Mario isnt 1st party because Mario exists on android and IOS

#28 Posted by pmanden (593 posts) -

Forza is great but it can't be a mascot. I'd vote for Marcus Fenix as Microsoft's mascot, as I love his kick-ass attitude.

As for Sony's mascot, you forgot Kazuma Kiryu!

#29 Posted by Howmakewood (5803 posts) -

Knack babyy

#30 Edited by PC_Rocks (2063 posts) -

Ken Kutaragi

Kaz Hirai

But the current one is Jim Ryan for the children, LMAO.

#31 Posted by Coolyfett (5984 posts) -

PlayStation's Mario is Kratos, no dispute. He has the most games & most appearances outside of God of Wars games rom Mortal Kombat, Shovel Knight, HotShots, Soulcalibur & Tearaway. Kratos has games on all PlayStation systems except PS1 & PSVita. When PlayStation 5 shows up Kratos will be there too.

#32 Posted by Jag85 (13370 posts) -

Crash... meet Forza car.

#33 Edited by omegaMaster (1230 posts) -

Sony has Parappa the Rapper. He ain't no plumber, he ain't no racer, Sony has the rapper at their disposal!

#34 Posted by I_P_Daily (11447 posts) -

@Telekill said:

It really doesn't matter what I say because you'll disagree in some kind of bulls**t smarta** fashion trying to make yourself feel better about the fall of your childhood God.

MS my childhood god lol, sorry but I was an adult before MS joined the console scene, nice try with the insults though, but I guess having an adult debate is too hard for kids such as yourself. Oh yeah it doesn't matter what you say because you know you will be wrong, unless you want to use Spider-Man LMFAO.

@vfighter said:

Oh look its SW resident whinger. Cheer up v with a movie on your PS4 LOL.

@Ant_17 said:

@i_p_daily: master chief? You mean warthog forza car?

You forgot Driveclub VR cow in your Sony choices :)

#35 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (628 posts) -

"Forza car" lol. You know things are shit for your console when a car is your mascot.

What is a "Forza car"?

@vfighter said:

He's a habitual self-owner. I love the way threads like this always work him up and cause him to have a meltdown.

#36 Posted by I_P_Daily (11447 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:

"Forza car" lol. You know things are shit for your console when a car is your mascot.

What is a "Forza car"?

@vfighter said:

He's a habitual self-owner. I love the way threads like this always work him up and cause him to have a meltdown.

Worked up lol, im on my first and only account here, and yet you get so worked up and butthurt that you go way over the top and get banned all the time. Remember when this account gets banned call your next one thisisnotquacknight lol

#37 Posted by Megavideogamer (6474 posts) -

Microsoft has kicked out Master Chief and Replaced him with Forza Car. I guess that is a thing. Sony Mascot should be Kratos. As for Nintendo it has always been Mario time. But Kratos and Mario might also be replaced by Forza Car.

#38 Posted by Vaidream45 (1851 posts) -

Lol Forza car!? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

#39 Posted by SaltSlasher (1006 posts) -

How come most Cow threads are weak attempts to make Xbox look stupid, and stupidly hidden inside lame post that make PlayStation fans vomit.

Yeah they get a laugh that someone pretends Master Chief and Blinx doesn't exist, but whats left, just vomit.

#40 Posted by VFighter (4807 posts) -

@saltslasher: Lol, did you just say Blinx. I see what you're saying, but Blinx really?

#41 Posted by mazuiface (829 posts) -

Clever thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ I am enjoying this. I guess there are a lot of Sony characters but their studios tend to move on. For example, I don't think Nathan Drake is gonna appear in another game, but he could easily be associated with Playstation. Out of all of them, Kratos is probably the best.

#42 Posted by jcrame10 (5029 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@Telekill said:

Oh I see...

Um you have it arse backwards as Sony doesn't have one because none of its characters are memorable, you cows have owned yourselves with this thread LOL.

Plenty of memorable characters have been on Playstation over the years

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
#43 Posted by deactivated-5cd08b1605da1 (9317 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

LMFAO at Spiderman. One exclusive game and you suggest he's the "face" of PS?

Well, I wouldnt say he's the face of PS but its heavily connected with Sony by now since it holds its rights and all

#44 Edited by cainetao11 (36500 posts) -

@Vatusus said:
@cainetao11 said:

Well, I wouldnt say he's the face of PS but its heavily connected with Sony by now since it holds its rights and all

Sony films Holds the Film rights. Sony do not HOLD GAME rights or why would Spiderman be in the Switch exclusive Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#45 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13578 posts) -

In forza car we trust!

#46 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

It really just doesn't ahave one... that's the only answer as far as I'm concerned....

#47 Posted by DaVillain- (36100 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:
@Vatusus said:
@cainetao11 said:

Sony films Holds the Film rights. Sony do not HOLD GAME rights or why would Spiderman be in the Switch exclusive Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3?

I ain't saying Spider-Man is the face of Sony, but Sony now has full ownership of any Spider-Man games now only because Activision didn't renew the rights and not to mention, the upcoming "Spider-Man: Far from Home" is being published by Sony & not MCU.

To clarify, Sony only have exclusive rights for making Spider-Man solo games but not for other materials in the making such as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 cause he's with other Marvel characters.

#48 Edited by cainetao11 (36500 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Vatusus said:
@cainetao11 said:

I ain't saying Spider-Man is the face of Sony, but Sony now has full ownership of any Spider-Man games now only because Activision didn't renew the rights and not to mention, the upcoming "Spider-Man: Far from Home" is being published by Sony & not MCU.

To clarify, Sony only have exclusive rights for making Spider-Man solo games but not for other materials in the making such as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 cause he's with other Marvel characters.

Can you provide me with a link or copy of any signed deal for solo games rights beyond the game from last year, please?

From my understanding Activision didn't renew the rights and unlike with Star Wars, Disney has not signed any long term rights holdings for Spiderman with anyone which is why the character is in MUA3 on the Switch.

If legal rights worked that way Disney/Marvel could have used Spiderman in Avengers films "cause he's with other Marvel characters". They couldn't because Sony Pictures owns film rights. HOLDING rights is like leasing a car. You don't own it forever but under contract you do. Sony doesn't for Spiderman game rights as far as Ive read.

#49 Posted by Jag85 (13370 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Vatusus said:
@cainetao11 said:

Can you provide me with a link or copy of any signed deal for solo games rights beyond the game from last year, please?

From my understanding Activision didn't renew the rights and unlike with Star Wars, Disney has not signed any long term rights holdings for Spiderman with anyone which is why the character is in MUA3 on the Switch.

Sony used to own the rights to consumer products and merchandise based on Spider-Man up until 2011, when a deal was struck where Marvel purchased those rights back from Sony in exchange for giving Sony full ownership over the Spider-Man movie rights.

Either way, Spider-Man is still popularly perceived as a Sony franchise, even if it's only the movie rights they own. Because the movies are what Spider-Man is best known for these days, and the franchise's second biggest source of revenue (after merchandise).

#50 Edited by cainetao11 (36500 posts) -

@Jag85: Sony used to own the rights to consumer products and merchandise based on Spider-Man up until 2011, when a deal was struck where Marvel purchased those rights back from Sony in exchange for giving Sony full ownership over the Spider-Man movie rights.

Either way, Spider-Man is still popularly perceived as a Sony franchise, even if it's only the movie rights they own. Because the movies are what Spider-Man is best known for these days, and the franchise's second biggest source of revenue (after merchandise).

For the record its as stupid to use "Forza Car" for MS mascot. Master Chief is Owned by MS, cars are not.

Not according to sheep or myself since I am looking at Spiderman right now in Marvel vs Capcom 3 on my X1X and will use him in MUA3 on Switch and he has no votes as yet in the poll which is in SW.

I never considered Batman WB character. Bugs Bunny, Road Runner are WB characters by perception. Batman is an 80 year old DC character by perception even if WB owns DC .

Which has absolutely no bearing on whether Sony legally holds rights to Spiderman in games which is what I was discussing. Popular opinion and ignorance of people's perception means Jack & Sh!t. Im discussing facts and asked for legal facts.