Nintendo Gets Publisher of the Year

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

http://www.edge-online.com/features/the-edge-awards-2013-publisher-of-the-year/

Notable 2013 Nintendo games:

Super Mario 3D World

Zelda A Link Between Worlds

Fire Emblem Awakening

Pokemon X&Y

Pikmin 3

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

Wind Waker HD

Mario & Luigi Dream Team

New Super Luigi U

Lego City Undercover

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

The Wonderful 101

Harmo Knight

and Dillon's Rolling Western the Last Ranger

Do you agree with Edge's choice?

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Yeah, but this is just an ordinary year for Nintendo. But because they are publishing Bravely Default (out this year in EU, out in NA in February), they completely deserve it.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

Yes because their games were actually finished.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Not even a contest. They had a ridiculous amount of games out, and they were almost all great.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Actually after reading that list, I do have to agree.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

Next year is also looking to be great for Nintendo games:

Super Smash Bros

Mario Kart 8

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

X

Hyrule Warriors

Bayonetta 2

Kirby Triple Deluxe

Professor Layton Azran Legacy

Bravely Default

Yoshi's New Island

Mario Golf World Tour

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

and Yarn Yoshi

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7  Edited By Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Not even a contest. They had a ridiculous amount of games out, and they were almost all great.

then why are several sites reporting that the Wii U is over? finished? kaputsky? =P

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Nintendo just being Nintendo

Nintendo just being the best

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22500 Posts

A Link Between Worlds was all I needed to see. The fact that such an enjoyable sequel was made 20 years later, executed so well while paying homage to the original is proof enough for me. Nintendo will some day again be a juggernaut... they need a new vision with embracing some of the industry changes of late, but I believe they will... I miss the days where Nintendo was god and everything else was playing catch up, and no I don't mean with the Wii :P

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

Kind of an easy win.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I disagree with the list. Sony should have won publisher of the year. Much more higher quality games than Nintendo.

The Last of Us

Beyond Two Souls

Killzone Shadow Fall

Puppeteer

Killzone Mercenary

Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus

Knack

Gran Turismo 6

Jak and Daxter trilogy(PSV)

Sly Cooper 4

Tearaway

Rain

The Unfinished Swan

MLB 13 The show

and probably a bunch of indie games I am forgetting. There is several others like resogun or whatever.

SONY WINS!

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17633 Posts

@stuff238 said:

I disagree with the list. Sony should have won publisher of the year. Much more higher quality games than Nintendo.

The Last of Us

Beyond Two Souls

Killzone Shadow Fall

Puppeteer

Killzone Mercenary

Knack

Gran Turismo 6

Sly Cooper 4

Tearaway

Rain

The Unfinished Swan

MLB 13 The show

and probably a bunch of indie games I am forgetting. There is several others like resogun or whatever.

SONY WINS!

Yea I agree with this. I'd go with Nintendo, but mostly all on those listed are just the same old IPs and remakes. Sony has a much more exciting and diverse library with titles such as TLoU, Beyond Two Souls, Puppeteer, Knack, Tearaway, and Resogun.

It's humorous to me that everyone says Sony is nearly broke and Nintendo is sitting on a mountain of cash with no debt, yet Sony is the one that is really attempting to experiment and gamble with money they don't really have, investing a lot into AAA IPs while Nintendo is so reluctant to. Yet they are voted best publisher and given the credit.

Seems like a double standard to me.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@stuff238 said:

The Last of Us

Beyond Two Souls

Killzone Shadow Fall

Puppeteer

Killzone Mercenary

Knack

Gran Turismo 6

Sly Cooper 4

Tearaway

Rain

The Unfinished Swan

MLB 13 The show

SONY WINS!

Yea I agree with this. I'd go with Nintendo, but mostly all on those list are just the same old IPs and remakes. Sony has a much more exciting and diverse library with titles such as TLoU, Beyond Two Souls, Puppeteer, Knack, Tearaway, and Resogun. If Nintendo actually took some risks past one or two games, I'd give them the nod instead.

But half of those games aren't even that great.

I'd take a bunch of old IPs that delivered vs. a bunch of hit and miss stuff and the odd excellent title (The Last of Us).

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MirkoS77

@DarkLink77 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@stuff238 said:

The Last of Us

Beyond Two Souls

Killzone Shadow Fall

Puppeteer

Killzone Mercenary

Knack

Gran Turismo 6

Sly Cooper 4

Tearaway

Rain

The Unfinished Swan

MLB 13 The show

SONY WINS!

Yea I agree with this. I'd go with Nintendo, but mostly all on those list are just the same old IPs and remakes. Sony has a much more exciting and diverse library with titles such as TLoU, Beyond Two Souls, Puppeteer, Knack, Tearaway, and Resogun. If Nintendo actually took some risks past one or two games, I'd give them the nod instead.

I'd take a bunch of old IPs that delivered vs. a bunch of hit and miss stuff and the odd excellent title (The Last of Us).

I couldn't possibly disagree more. I'd take a company be willing to attempt new stuff, even if some of it will be hit or miss than one that puts out old, stale properties, even if they were guaranteed to be excellent. Any day of the week.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarkLink77

@MirkoS77 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@stuff238 said:

The Last of Us

Beyond Two Souls

Killzone Shadow Fall

Puppeteer

Killzone Mercenary

Knack

Gran Turismo 6

Sly Cooper 4

Tearaway

Rain

The Unfinished Swan

MLB 13 The show

SONY WINS!

I couldn't possibly disagree more. I'd take a company be willing to attempt new stuff, even if some of it will be hit or miss than one that puts out old, stale properties, even if they were guaranteed to be excellent. Any day of the week.

Even if the company making new IPs puts out 2 excellent games to the other company's 7?

More than half that list isn't worth playing. I want good games, I don't care if they come from an old or new IP. A bad game is a bad game. No amount of originality will change that.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MirkoS77

@DarkLink77 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@stuff238 said:

The Last of Us

Beyond Two Souls

Killzone Shadow Fall

Puppeteer

Killzone Mercenary

Knack

Gran Turismo 6

Sly Cooper 4

Tearaway

Rain

The Unfinished Swan

MLB 13 The show

SONY WINS!

Even if the company making new IPs puts out 2 excellent games to the other company's 7?

More than half that list isn't worth playing. I want good games, I don't care if they come from an old or new IP. A bad game is a bad game. No amount of originality will change that.

No, it will transcend it when executed right.

Like and dislike is besides the point, that's a subjective issue and not a valid grounds to defend unoriginality. It doesn't change the fact that one company attempts risks more than the other, even more admirable on Sony's part considering their financial situation compared to Nintendo's. I much more admire someone who tries new things with the potential for failure than one who doesn't and succeeds.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DarkLink77

@MirkoS77 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@stuff238 said:

The Last of Us

Beyond Two Souls

Killzone Shadow Fall

Puppeteer

Killzone Mercenary

Knack

Gran Turismo 6

Sly Cooper 4

Tearaway

Rain

The Unfinished Swan

MLB 13 The show

SONY WINS!

No, it will transcend it when executed right.

Like and dislike is besides the point, that's a subjective issue and not a valid grounds to defend unoriginality. It doesn't change the fact that one company attempts risks more than the other, even more admirable on Sony's part considering their financial situation compared to Nintendo's. I much more admire someone who tries new things with the potential for failure than one who doesn't and succeeds.

Taking more risks doesn't matter when most of what you put out a poor man's attempt at a genre.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

What a horrible choice. EA had madden and that Battlefield game that didn't have any issues whatsoever.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MirkoS77

@DarkLink77 said:

Taking more risks doesn't matter when most of what you put out a poor man's attempt at a genre.

I don't see anywhere where it's written that that's guaranteed to the point where an effort shouldn't even be made, and again, it's all subjective. I find mostly all the Sony games I mentioned to be enjoyable and not "poor man's" attempts.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Nothing is guaranteed to be excellent, though. If anything, making a great game with an old IP is harder. It is almost never done outside of Nintendo.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarkLink77

@MirkoS77 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

I don't see anywhere where it's written that that's guaranteed to the point where an effort shouldn't even be made, and again, it's all subjective. I find mostly all the Sony games I mentioned to be enjoyable and not "poor man's" attempts.

Well, out of that list, I'd probably only single out Killzone, Knack, and Ratchet, though the latter is more Insomniac's fault than anything else.

Still, it's not like Nintendo doesn't throw new ideas into old franchises. Super Mario 3D World has a load of new ideas, and the IP is 30 years old. That's damn hard to do.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DarkLink77

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Nothing is guaranteed to be excellent, though. If anything, making a great game with an old IP is harder. It is almost never done outside of Nintendo.

Well, them, Square, Konami, Capcom (maybe, I'm thinking Street Fighter and RE, though we should exclude 6), and Blizzard. It's almost never done in the West, though, which is odd, given our proclivity to big-budget titles.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MirkoS77

Well, I suppose it all on what you value. I like originality and believe it should be rewarded more than leaning upon long established properties. Plus I respect Sony, as I said (and no one seems to have acknowledged), they are being more ballsy than Nintendo is when they themselves risk more to lose.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DarkLink77

@MirkoS77 said:

Well, I suppose it all on what you value. I like originality and believe it should be rewarded more than leaning upon long established properties. Plus I respect Sony, as I said (and no one seems to have acknowledged), they are being more ballsy than Nintendo is when they themselves risk more to lose.

They are ballsier, I'll give them that, and they are one of the best publishers in the industry when it comes to funding new IPs.

I just wish they had better first party studios.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#26 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41478 Posts

@Samus3D said:

http://www.edge-online.com/features/the-edge-awards-2013-publisher-of-the-year/

Notable 2013 Nintendo games:

Super Mario 3D World

Zelda A Link Between Worlds

Fire Emblem Awakening

Pokemon X&Y

Pikmin 3

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

Wind Waker HD

Mario & Luigi Dream Team

New Super Luigi U

Lego City Undercover

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

The Wonderful 101

Harmo Knight

and Dillon's Rolling Western the Last Ranger

Do you agree with Edge's choice?

Um, Edge gave that a "meh" score. Just saying.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@DarkLink77 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Well, them, Square, Konami, Capcom (maybe, I'm thinking Street Fighter and RE, though we should exclude 6), and Blizzard. It's almost never done in the West, though, which is odd, given our proclivity to big-budget titles.

I was just saying that it is far more common for an IP that gets put out as many times as Nintendo uses theirs to turn worse than jt is for it to stay good. Just look at Sonic, Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider (prior to the reboot), Call of Duty, Ninja Gaiden, Halo, Crysis, Medal of Honor, etc. Nintendo IPs usually get better with newer installments, which is actually pretty rare.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Congrats! Haven't played most of those to give an honest opinion.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DarkLink77

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

I was just saying that it is far more common for an IP that gets put out as many times as Nintendo uses theirs to turn worse than jt is for it to stay good. Just look at Sonic, Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider (prior to the reboot), Call of Duty, Ninja Gaiden, Halo, Crysis, Medal of Honor, etc. Nintendo IPs usually get better with newer installments, which is actually pretty rare.

Truth. I can't think of another publisher that does it as well. Well, I think Final Fantasy counts for Square, but it's a different beast.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

did yall forget EARTHBOUND,

I don't give 2 flying HAMBURGERS if it is a remake.

that game, is magic in digital form,

man oh mannnnnnn......

don't forget Nintendo crafted real games yall,

they will last forever,

all yall gon get is halo 6, or god of war 9, and titanfall 5......

but games like majoras mask, kid Icarus uprising,

they will hang those up in museums

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@stuff238 said:

The Last of Us

Beyond Two Souls

Killzone Shadow Fall

Puppeteer

Killzone Mercenary

Knack

Gran Turismo 6

Sly Cooper 4

Tearaway

Rain

The Unfinished Swan

MLB 13 The show

SONY WINS!

Jak and Daxter Trilogy and The Unfinished Swan need removed from that list. HD remakes don't count and The Unfinished Swan released in 2012, not 2013.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Nintendo is a shit publisher because all they do is jerk off the same old franchises over and over and over again. And really they do publish a few new games, but those games are never made by Nintendo so they don't deserve any credit. Like wonderful 101 is a good game, but Nintendo deserves no credit for it because they had nothing to do with it being a good game.

But really sony is a better publisher because they at least publish new games that vary from genre to genre and age group to age group. They publish a lot of very different games from small digital titles to larger budget full release games.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11512 Posts

Yeah it's been a superb year for Nintendo. Quantity and quality abounded this year.

I also give Nintendo props for offering something different than the vast majority of what's out there and remaining incredibly creative and inventive .

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

"Bu...but...NO GAMES!"

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@killatwill15 said:

did yall forget EARTHBOUND,

I don't give 2 flying HAMBURGERS if it is a remake.

that game, is magic in digital form,

man oh mannnnnnn......

don't forget Nintendo crafted real games yall,

they will last forever,

all yall gon get is halo 6, or god of war 9, and titanfall 5......

but games like majoras mask, kid Icarus uprising,

they will hang those up in museums

Yeah, Earthbound isn't a remake

Also Kid Icarus is garbage

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60665 Posts

@stuff238 said:

The Last of Us

Beyond Two Souls

Killzone Shadow Fall

Puppeteer

Killzone Mercenary

Knack

Gran Turismo 6

Sly Cooper 4

Tearaway

Rain

The Unfinished Swan

MLB 13 The show

SONY WINS!

indeed and you forgot Dragons Crown another masterpiece. SONY is my clear choice.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#37 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@Heil68: dragon's crown was published by ATLUS, Heil.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60665 Posts

@bbkkristian said:

@Heil68: dragon's crown was published by ATLUS, Heil.

Oh, my bad, still a great game though. :P

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nintendoboy16

@Gargus said:

Nintendo is a shit publisher because all they do is jerk off the same old franchises over and over and over again. And really they do publish a few new games, but those games are never made by Nintendo so they don't deserve any credit. Like wonderful 101 is a good game, but Nintendo deserves no credit for it because they had nothing to do with it being a good game.

But really sony is a better publisher because they at least publish new games that vary from genre to genre and age group to age group. They publish a lot of very different games from small digital titles to larger budget full release games.

Wait a minute. You refuse to give Nintendo credit for Wonderful 101, X and the like even though they published them, and yet, when Sony publishes stuff by some studios that don't belong to them, they get a pass?

And Nintendo doesn't make games for all age groups? Are they discounted because there's hardly anything from them with an M or an 18 on the damn box?

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@Gargus: Sony doesn't even make alot of the games they publish either. Ratchet and Clank is insomniac and tearaway is media molecule

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@stuff238 said:

1. The Last of Us
  2. Beyond Two Souls
  3. Killzone Shadow Fall
  4. Puppeteer
  5. Killzone Mercenary
  6. Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus
  7. Knack
  8. Gran Turismo 6
  9. Jak and Daxter trilogy(PSV)
  10. Sly Cooper 4
  11. Tearaway
  12. Rain
  13. The Unfinished Swan
  14. MLB 13 The show

SONY WINS!

None of those games except maybe The Last of Us were run away hits like Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, or Pokemon.

@Heil68 said:

indeed and you forgot Dragons Crown another masterpiece. SONY is my clear choice.

If an Atlus made and Published game is now considered in Sony's Publishing list then we should add Etrian Oddysey IV, Etrian Oddysey The Millennium Girl, Shin Megami: Soul Hackers, Shin Megami IV, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2, and Devil Survivor Overclocked eShop Re-Release for Nintendo's List.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

For what, re-releasing a bunch of 1980s cartoon rehashes for the billionth time? People should stop encouraging this sham of a company.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#44 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Nintendo is clearly the best.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Slashkice said:
@Shinobishyguy said:

@Gargus: Sony doesn't even make alot of the games they publish either. Ratchet and Clank is insomniac and tearaway is media molecule

Sony owns Media Molecule so Tearaway is very much a "Sony" game, like X by Monolith Soft is a "Nintendo" game. Though, I think this should apply to any title where the IP is owned by a first-party.

Yet, after a previous discussion I had with Gargus, he discounts Monolith as such.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Nintendo Published games in 2013

1. Lego City Undercover
  2. New Super Luigi U
  3. Game & Wario
  4. Pikmin 3
  5. The Wonderful 101
  6. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
  7. Wii Party U
  8. Wii Fit U
  9. Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
  10. Super Mario 3D World
  11. Art Academy: SketchPad
  12. Pokemon Rumble U
  13. Wii Sports Club - Tennis, Golf, Bowling
  14. NES Remix
  15. Dr. Luigi
  16. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  17. Brain Age: Concentration Training
  18. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  19. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  20. Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins
  21. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
  22. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  23. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
  24. Pokémon X
  25. Pokémon Y
  26. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  27. Mario Party: Island Tour
  28. Tokyo Crash Mobs
  29. HarmoKnight
  30. Kersploosh!
  31. Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move
  32. Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger

(Did not list Tomodachi Collection: New Life JP only, Sonic Lost World PAL only, Nor mention Pandora's Tower because NA's release was Xseed.)

Sony Published Games in 2013

1. Beyond: Two Souls
  2. Diggs Nightcrawler
  3. Gran Turismo 6
  4. God of War: Ascension
  5. The Last of Us
  6. MLB 13: The Show
  7. Puppeteer
  8. Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
  9. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
  10. Doki-Doki Universe
  11. Dust 514
  12. Hohokum
  13. LittleBigPlanet HUB
  14. Rain
  15. Killzone: Shadow Fall
  16. Knack
  17. Sound Shapes (PS4)
  18. Flower (PS4)
  19. Resogun
  20. Playroom
  21. DC Universe Online (PS4)
  22. Flow (PS4)
  23. Escape Plan
  24. Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (wtf?)
  25. Jak and Daxter Trilogy
  26. Killzone: Mercenary
  27. Soul Sacrifice
  28. Invizimals: The Alliance
  29. Tearaway
  30. Bently's Hackpack
  31. Imaginstruments
  32. Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
  33. Table Mini Golf
  34. Wake-up Club
  35. Paint Park Plus
  36. Jacob Jones and The Bigfoot Mystery
  37. Playstation Home Arcade
  38. Open Me!
  39. Toro's Friend Network
  40. Malicious Rebirth

Looking at the list a lot of you are correct that Sony did do a lot more Publishing than Nintendo.

However please do note Sony did Publish a lot of stuff that was already there, like Flower, flow, DC Universe, and Jak and Daxter Trilogy. Nintendo did do something like that too, but that was only one game (Donkey Kong). Sony Published a lot more to Cross over from PS3 to PS4 or PSVita.

Also Sony's Side doesn't have hard hitters like Animal Crossing or Pokemon. Heard Dust 514 flopped pretty hard.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@stuff238:

Seriously Knack?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@MirkoS77: Darklink is right. There was more new stuff in SM3dWorld or Bravely Default or Zelda ALBW than in Knack or Sly Cooper or most of that list. Old IP =/= the same game.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

What? is this because they are the only company with a next gen console with a years worth of games?

One example, 2K:

X-com: Enemy Within

Ace patrol

Ace patrol Pacific skys

WWE2k14

NBA2k14

The Bureau

Civilization V: Brave

Bioshock Infinite

Or

EA, Eidos, Ubisoft etc.

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Also Sony's Side doesn't have hard hitters like Animal Crossing

The fact you think AC is a hard hitter is a bit alarming. But maybe for you personally it is.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@Jakandsigz: Animal crossing sold like gangbusters and people are still playing it month's after release.

By all means it's a heavy hitter